2016-2017 Arizona Basketball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bear Down Vegas

Re: 2016-2017 Arizona Basketball

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

97cats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:An old friend of my wife's came to stay with us during March Madness 2011. That included the horrible start against Memphis, the insane win over Texas, crushing Duke, and losing to UConn on a last-second miss to miss the Final Four. She told my wife that I seemed like an intense and distracted person who's too wrapped up in sports. Can I please be judged during any other time of year?
f*ck that house guest -- you come to my place and personally judge me after i give you shelter, provide you drink, supply you food, make a warm place to sleep, and for the most part entertain you.

some muther fucking people

is it Thursday yet -- im a bit fired up
Your post (besides being awesome of first editing fuck & then finishing using it) reminds me of the first time we watched a game 97 vs Colorado at Rudy's. I'm pretty sure you said to me right away (it was our second time meeting in person but our first hanging out), "Hey, I'm more of a quiet watcher - just to let you know up front." & I said, "Oh shit. I'm not!"

You told me it was cool I did whatever I wanted though...by the end of the game we had the bartender singing the fight song. Good times.

One more day.

Go Cats!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
97cats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:An old friend of my wife's came to stay with us during March Madness 2011. That included the horrible start against Memphis, the insane win over Texas, crushing Duke, and losing to UConn on a last-second miss to miss the Final Four. She told my wife that I seemed like an intense and distracted person who's too wrapped up in sports. Can I please be judged during any other time of year?
f*ck that house guest -- you come to my place and personally judge me after i give you shelter, provide you drink, supply you food, make a warm place to sleep, and for the most part entertain you.

some muther fucking people

is it Thursday yet -- im a bit fired up
Your post (besides being awesome of first editing fuck & then finishing using it) reminds me of the first time we watched a game 97 vs Colorado at Rudy's. I'm pretty sure you said to me right away (it was our second time meeting in person but our first hanging out), "Hey, I'm more of a quiet watcher - just to let you know up front." & I said, "Oh shit. I'm not!"

You told me it was cool I did whatever I wanted though...by the end of the game we had the bartender singing the fight song. Good times.

One more day.

Go Cats!
BD, I'm going to ask you instead of 97, since seeing from the outside is real seeing. What's a quiet watcher? Doesn't cheer and groan? Doesn't talk to the game like a crazy person? Doesn't talk to the people he's watching it with? I mean, does he not even talk about the game during commercials?

"Why can't Lauri get any touches?"

"I'm not going to answer that." (Sips beer)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

My 4 year old son asked: "Daddy, why do you yell at the TV when the wildcats play?"
Me: "It helps them win."
Him: "Oh ok...I'm gonna yell at the TV" (proceeds to yell aaaahhhahhahaaaarrrrgghhh)
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I explain to my wife what's going wrong for Arizona. She says, "Should I go upstairs so I can focus on my reading?"
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:My 4 year old son asked: "Daddy, why do you yell at the TV when the wildcats play?"
Him: "Oh ok...I'm gonna yell at the TV" (proceeds to yell aaaahhhahhahaaaarrrrgghhh)
this is so hilarious and cute.

my son and daughter watch every game with me and participate as well -- wouldnt have it any other way.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:I explain to my wife what's going wrong for Arizona. She says, "Should I go upstairs so I can focus on my reading?"
After the 1st half of St. Mary's "I'm gonna take boys on a walk..."
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Cats getting lots of love from CBS analysts:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... h-madness/" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Edit: It's weird, but I get less mad in the immediate aftermath of a loss at an opposing fan trash talking than I do at someone trying to make me feel better. It's the sympathy that I have more trouble controlling my response to, and it's weird that it is like that.
I don't think it is weird at all. The opposing fan talking trash validates the importance of the event.

The "Awww, Honey. Sorry your team lost. At least it was fun, right?" is condescending, and devalues the importance of the feeling you have, like it really is this cute little thing that isn't really all that important.

Condescending behavior will get me before straight anger every time.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote:
BD, I'm going to ask you instead of 97, since seeing from the outside is real seeing. What's a quiet watcher? Doesn't cheer and groan? Doesn't talk to the game like a crazy person? Doesn't talk to the people he's watching it with? I mean, does he not even talk about the game during commercials?

i will answer this -- HAHAHAHA!!!!

in public i cant deal with the idiocy of the common viewer, specifically regarding AZ Basketball, so i tend to take it in and clap when needed and not engage with people who will ultimately ask me more questions than i care to answer, even the casual AZ supporter.

BDV will tell you, im not a mute either. i provided opinion and also analysed the game with him, answered his questions and told stories, im just not emotional to the point of getting worked up -- never too high and never too low.

now at home (which is where i watch 99% of the games i dont attend) i can be a bit more demonstrative in BIG games or if im with my friends.

solution/suggestion -- please come to Newport Beach and watch a game with me at my house. i will provider all the goodies and have a 72 inch SONY hanging from the ceiling.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

I have spent the last 25 years having to explain not only why the hell I'm an Arizona fan with not a single tie to the program, but how I could possibly care so much for something in which I have no real ties to.

I can't explain it. I hate trying to. And my wife ALWAYS mentions it to people because she thinks it's funny that I could be so crazy about sports (she is a much more political and serious person than I).

My college friends, who are all huge sports fans, remind me all the time about 2005 because I lost my shit in front of all of them when we lost. In all likelihood, I probably shed tears after that loss. I don't remember because of the blind rage, but there is a 100% chance they were giving me shit after the loss so tears must have been flowing. And I'm not even embarrassed by that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There is nothing worse than the "casual sports fan". Especially during this time of year.

Also, I won't reference that certain tourney game, but I wound up in my bed in the fetal position and asked those that were at my apartment at the time to please shut the door when they left, as I pulled the sheet over my head.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Olsondogg wrote:There is nothing worse than the "casual sports fan". Especially during this time of year.
About 99% of fans are casual sports fans. And I truly dislike them. I think I dislike casual fans of my own team even more, if that makes any sense.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:There is nothing worse than the "casual sports fan". Especially during this time of year.
About 99% of fans are casual sports fans. And I truly dislike them. I think I dislike casual fans of my own team even more, if that makes any sense.

This makes total sense. And I agree 100 fucking percent.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Raising Arizona
The Wildcats are no strangers to the second week of March Madness, but they’ve struggled to move past that point. Can guards Kadeem Allen and Parker Jackson-Cartwright help them break through?

https://theringer.com/arizona-ncaa-tour ... .ozqi7auiv" target="_blank
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

in public i cant deal with the idiocy of the common viewer, specifically regarding AZ Basketball, so i tend to take it in and clap when needed and not engage with people who will ultimately ask me more questions than i care to answer, even the casual AZ supporter.

BDV will tell you, im not a mute either. i provided opinion and also analysed the game with him, answered his questions and told stories, im just not emotional to the point of getting worked up -- never too high and never too low.

now at home (which is where i watch 99% of the games i dont attend) i can be a bit more demonstrative in BIG games or if im with my friends.

solution/suggestion -- please come to Newport Beach and watch a game with me at my house. i will provider all the goodies and have a 72 inch SONY hanging from the ceiling.
I'd love to take in a game at your place. In the meantime, what you describe -- "never too high and never too low" sounds so cool, I'm going to try to emulate it. But I'll need some kind of training wheels to keep me from falling back to my usual self. Something like sunglasses, a slack-jawed open mouth, and a sombrero. When I ring the doorbell, you can introduce me to your family that way.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I'd love to take in a game at your place. In the meantime, what you describe -- "never too high and never too low" sounds so cool, I'm going to try to emulate it. But I'll need some kind of training wheels to keep me from falling back to my usual self. Something like sunglasses, a slack-jawed open mouth, and a sombrero. When I ring the doorbell, you can introduce me to your family that way.

All of this is true (bolded for the best parts). '97 pretty much exudes cool. And we got plenty loud. As we did in the tequila bar a couple years ago pre the victory over Oregon for the PAC title here in Vegas. LH - I've also tried emulating it - let me save you some effort. Some guys will wear a black t-shirt to the game when they're sitting behind the bench & then there's the rest of us.
Last edited by Bear Down Vegas on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:My 4 year old son asked: "Daddy, why do you yell at the TV when the wildcats play?"
During the Washington game in Seattle, my then butt naked 22-month-old kept running up to the TV and yelling gibberish toward it during the game. Got it all on video. :lol: During one of the home games, refs blew a FOUL call and I threw my hands up and all of McKale got riled up. My 4-year-old jumps out of his seat and yells out, "come on, he traveled" while making the traveling hand motion. Wrong call, but hilarious nonetheless.They learn quick.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Everytime Lauri pull me up to shoot a jumper, my 2.5yo daughter shouts "hit it markenen" without prompting. They do learn fast.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:Everytime Lauri pull me up to shoot a jumper, my 2.5yo daughter shouts "hit it markenen" without prompting. They do learn fast.
:lol: :lol: that will be my kid too, "hit it" is my phrase for jump shots too
gumby

Post by gumby »

Lando05 wrote:I love you guys. You all understand what true love for Arizona Basketball is and how we aren't crazy or irrational people. But when a game is on stay the fuck away from me if your going to talk to me.

Spaceman after 2005 and 2015 I was so pissed for 2 days after, didn't talk or hang out with anyone either. 2011 UConn loss, went out got plastered and lost my viginity (true story). Those are the 3 hardest losses that I've taken apart of as a fan.
Crushing Tournament Loss Sex. The best!
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
During the Washington game in Seattle, my then butt naked 22-month-old kept running up to the TV and yelling gibberish toward it during the game. Got it all on video. :lol: During one of the home games, refs blew a FOUL call and I threw my hands up and all of McKale got riled up. My 4-year-old jumps out of his seat and yells out, "come on, he traveled" while making the traveling hand motion. Wrong call, but hilarious nonetheless.They learn quick.
The butt naked part reminds me of something. I watched the first half of 2011 Duke fully clothed at home. Second half, I went with boxer shorts only. At some point during our big second half run, I got fired up enough that I dropped the boxer shorts and began nude pelvic thrusts at a picture of Mike Kryzyzewski on the screen as he complained about a foul call.

You know, when I think back to that, it's a borderline miracle that my wife didn't call off our wedding right then. That tournament run was so unexpected for me that it was marked by a lot of behavior I later regretted.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:

I couldn't agree more. My two best friends growing up are casual fans and whenever they bring up the team I want to kick them in their face for not knowing anything outside of "hey big game coming up" or the like. I'm such a stuck up fan :lol:

Edit: Just got off a three way call with them due to prepping for one of them getting married next month. Here's their pearls of wisdom:

"Boy that Lauri can really play huh? Do you think he comes back next year?"
"Kobi seemed awesome to start the year. What happened? Is he hurt? He could be an All American next year."
"Trier is a lottery pick right?"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:In 1989, I had plane and game tickets to go to the Elite Eight game in Denver against what was supposed to be Indiana and Bobby Knight (ended up being Seton Hall).

Then Kenny Loftin tried to take a charge against UNLV. Anderson Hunt steps back and drains a three. I was so depressed I blew off the tickets and a weekend in Denver with my best friend.
My girlfriend at the time, who became my wife and is now the former Mrs. BD89, had some radio/tv classes with Kenny. They were classroom buddies. She calls me at my folks' house one evening all excited and says Kenny Lofton offered her his family tickets to the Sweet 16 in Denver that weekend! Kenny didn't have any family that could make the game. I'm yelling to my parents that she's been offered the tickets, and my Dad says, you gotta go and he'll give me some cash for the trip. Remember this is '89 the year after our first FF and the whole thing is pretty new and exciting. So we're going to road trip from Tucson to Denver. I have a friend from Tucson at DU who lives downtown - you could see McNichols Arena from his apartment - so we can stay with him . . . So I'm taking basic level college algebra at Pima for the umpteenth time - never could make it much past quadratic equations - and I'm sitting in class early in the week dreaming about leaving for Denver on Wednesday and the Prof mentions the second exam coming up on Friday. Say what?! I've already failed the first exam. Well. That's that. Fuck it. I'm out. Got up right then and there and walked out of class. Never passed or took Algebra again (for the record, I was able to satisfy my math requirement by taking something called Theory of Math Thought that summer at 7 a.m. - I taught the class how to calculate batting averages for my "project" - Kent Hrbek and Kirby Puckett, I believe).

Anyway, we drive on up to Denver. Arizona, Indiana, UNLV and Seton Hall. Three of those four teams' primary color is red. Downtown Denver is a sea of red. I think my Dad gave me $200 and it's hopping. We make our way to McNichols, and sure enough, Kenny MF Lofton left his two tickets at will call for the gf and me. The seats were the best I've ever had at a sporting event - just a couple rows behind the Arizona/Indiana bench. Bobby Knight, right there in front of us. We were sitting with players' parents. Hell, the UofA President and Jim Click were several rows behind us! Place was electric.

Never once did it occur to us that Arizona would lose. Never crossed our minds. And then just exactly as UAEebs said - Kenny, our benefactor, tries to draw a charge and Hunt drains that three. Ball game. Sean Elliot's last game for Arizona. I still remember Jesse Evans's kid down the row from us shocked and balling his eyeballs out. Never occurred to him we'd lose either. We stayed the weekend, partied with some gracious UNLV fans. Saw Matt Muehlebach, KON and some of the other guys out eating lunch later that weekend and gave them a wave. Never met Kenny Lofton myself, but I'll never forget him. Some of the heartbreakers since have been bad, but none have ever equaled that long long drive back to Tucson.
My Pony League coach, Clark Crist, was the guy who scouted and eventually signed Lofton. He used to tell us stories about how rough Lofton was on the diamond and it was brutally honest with an old ballplayer's brash sense of humor. He actually started calling me Kenny eventually, not because of speed, but because like Lofton, I could not hit a curveball to save my life. Last I knew, Lofton still had a house in Tucson - he came into my friend's father's post office branch about 6(?) years ago. It's a damn shame he didn't even get on a second ballot for HOF. He was one of the best leadoff hitters of all time. No idea how a guy with a 299 career average, 372 on base percentage, four gold gloves and 622 stolen bases is not in the hall of fame.
Clark Crist was a heckuva player himself. My era.
Right where I want to be.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

rgdeuce wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Everytime Lauri pull me up to shoot a jumper, my 2.5yo daughter shouts "hit it markenen" without prompting. They do learn fast.
Can't wait to have a kid or two and turn them into dyed-in-the-wool 'Cat fans! :twisted: I'll be alright in the meantime without the poopy diapers!

Cute stories guys.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:

I couldn't agree more. My two best friends growing up are casual fans and whenever they bring up the team I want to kick them in their face for not knowing anything outside of "hey big game coming up" or the like. I'm such a stuck up fan :lol:
I totally disagree with you guys. I want to be one of them. Normal ("casual") fans are all those people you remember from college who went to the games with you. The reason you never run into them here is because you're the only one who had a little too much and fell into this ditch. Even all the former players in the program are just normal fans. Superfans like the kind with thousands of posts on a message board get no more joy out of their team than normal fans. They just get more anguish. And there's a good reason why you don't want people you respect to know that you post here. It's embarrassing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I know a guy who is a UA alum who had no idea how well the team was doing (this was in January). As I was telling him about the players and great games and our chances of going far he said, "Huh, maybe I should start following them instead of the Knicks."

The KNICKS?? The FUCKING KNICKS??? Are you fucking kidding me????????
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:

I totally disagree with you guys. I want to be one of them. Normal ("casual") fans are all those people you remember from college who went to the games with you. The reason you never run into them here is because you're the only one who had a little too much and fell into this ditch. Even all the former players in the program are just normal fans. Superfans like the kind with thousands of posts on a message board get no more joy out of their team than normal fans. They just get more anguish. And there's a good reason why you don't want people you respect to know that you post here. It's embarrassing.

I don't want to be them...I live life with passion and what I love, I love fully. For me there is no other way to live.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Olsondogg wrote:Raising Arizona
The Wildcats are no strangers to the second week of March Madness, but they’ve struggled to move past that point. Can guards Kadeem Allen and Parker Jackson-Cartwright help them break through?

https://theringer.com/arizona-ncaa-tour ... .ozqi7auiv" target="_blank
Timely article and a nice one. Because we all know it is ALL ABOUT GUARD PLAY in March.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In early march, nobody I talked to on the campus of the University of Oregon had what we would consider to be a clear idea about how well Oregon was doing. Even at the games themselves, a decent portion of fans in attendance are just cheering on their team to win, not thinking about where their record stands in the conference and their prospects in the tourney. And they don't care that they don't recognize the kind of defense on the floor any more than they care about altitude or tail winds while on the plane. Leave those things to coaches and pilots.
prh

Post by prh »

Longhorned wrote:In early march, nobody I talked to on the campus of the University of Oregon had what we would consider to be a clear idea about how well Oregon was doing. Even at the games themselves, a decent portion of fans in attendance are just cheering on their team to win, not thinking about where their record stands in the conference and their prospects in the tourney. And they don't care that they don't recognize the kind of defense on the floor any more than they care about altitude or tail winds while on the plane. Leave those things to coaches and pilots.
That entire fanbase is rather ambivalent though. If you walked through McKale, the number of people who understand the relevance of a game, the standings, the tourney, that percentage would be much higher than in MKA anyways. That fanbase really just sucks in general
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Olsondogg wrote: I don't want to be them...I live life with passion and what I love, I love fully. For me there is no other way to live.
Exactly. I feel bad for the casual fan, it must sick to watch a game and, in all likelihood, not really know what's going on.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Also LH you are nuts if you think the casual fan gets anything close to the feeling we get when we win. Trust me, I'm a die-hard Pats fan constantly surrounded by fair weather fans. They are everywhere, and when the Superbowl is over I spend weeks basking in the glow, they spend a couple hours then forget who 95% of the players not named Tom Brady are
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote: I don't want to be them...I live life with passion and what I love, I love fully. For me there is no other way to live.
Exactly. I feel bad for the casual fan, it must sick to watch a game and, in all likelihood, not really know what's going on.
The casual fan only looks at the number ahead of their team and the team they're playing to judge how important the game is.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

In my house, the kids are older...they repeat before I can get it out what I always say every time he hits a 3

"You know...he's 7 feet"
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

In the last Final 4 run of 2001, even though I was post-grad I went back to Tucson to watch the games with a bunch of friends. One in particular, who didn't know shit about bball and likely had never touched a ball, thought it would be smart to study up before the games, apparently.

We were talking strategy at O'malley's before tip and he busts out with some comment that the key to the game is for Michael Wright to be able to hit 3's as he had the year before. (he had hit is only attempt the year before).

I nearly crucified him right there in the bar.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:
I don't know. That is sort of how I am with Arizona football. I root for the team, I know the game well enough, but I don't follow recruiting heavily or tune in until just before the season. Then, I sort of float along without too much emotion because I always assume Arizona football will let you down.

I think we all have sports teams like that, it's just that Arizona fans tend to be far more passionate about basketball.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

IMO you cannot compare bball fandom to fb fandom for many different reasons.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ok it finally hit.

I've been doing well this week until getting caught up on the threads on here. Like a heroin junkie I could only stay away so long before needing that next hit.

I'm working 1/2days for the next two weeks so that I don't burn through my PTO. I've been up all night, sleeping during the morning, in at work my 12, out by 5, cooking errands, grocery shopping, ballet class for daughter etc etc. and I've been handling my business which I feel quite proud of. Subsequently I've been able to put in the background what is going to happen this week and go about my business. My posting has also dropped off.

But then my ticket came in the mail yesterday and reading from all the great posters and die hard fans here stirred up sometime deep. And I can't resist. Tomorrow is the mother fucking S16!!!!!!!

And productivity is drop drop dropping like a rock. I am a weak man.

Go cats bear down. Love this thread so much.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

How many hours till Thursday?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dcZONAfan wrote:Also LH you are nuts if you think the casual fan gets anything close to the feeling we get when we win. Trust me, I'm a die-hard Pats fan constantly surrounded by fair weather fans. They are everywhere, and when the Superbowl is over I spend weeks basking in the glow, they spend a couple hours then forget who 95% of the players not named Tom Brady are
They enjoy it. Whereas we feel this powerful euphoria born of relief, followed by mostly happiness but also a slight, underlying confusion from seeing how nothing in the world has changed, and a budding realization that all that time we put into our fandom culminating in a fleeting experience that nobody around is thinking about or talking about anymore.

And so we come back here again and talk to each other, reaffirming to ourselves the centrality of this basketball program to the core of who we are, and getting back to the real business of talking about the possibility of winning another title in the future.

We could have been reading Jerome K. Jerome, getting lost in some remote land and marrying a topless jungle princess, or getting off our usual jobs at 5:00 and then managing the night shift of a municipal water treatment facility. And we could still enjoy that championship when it comes around.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:How many hours till Thursday?
30ish hours till tip!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:Also LH you are nuts if you think the casual fan gets anything close to the feeling we get when we win. Trust me, I'm a die-hard Pats fan constantly surrounded by fair weather fans. They are everywhere, and when the Superbowl is over I spend weeks basking in the glow, they spend a couple hours then forget who 95% of the players not named Tom Brady are
This is why I feel a certain weird mix of desperation/fear/craving a fix/excitement about the prospect of a Final Four. I'm at the place where Pac titles and tourney wins are only a temporary high and I need that next level.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

LH is commenting like any of us have a choice in this thing that is Arizona Basketball anymore. Like heroin addicts have a choice either.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I crave to know another FF and chipper.

I want to fly my house flag all through summer till next season. I wanna drive 90 to Reno to catch my tickets that I invest in at the beginning of every seasons.

I. WANT. IT. SO. BAD.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:Ok it finally hit.

I've been doing well this week until getting caught up on the threads on here. Like a heroin junkie I could only stay away so long before needing that next hit.

I'm working 1/2days for the next two weeks so that I don't burn through my PTO. I've been up all night, sleeping during the morning, in at work my 12, out by 5, cooking errands, grocery shopping, ballet class for daughter etc etc. and I've been handling my business which I feel quite proud of. Subsequently I've been able to put in the background what is going to happen this week and go about my business. My posting has also dropped off.

But then my ticket came in the mail yesterday and reading from all the great posters and die hard fans here stirred up sometime deep. And I can't resist. Tomorrow is the mother fucking S16!!!!!!!

And productivity is drop drop dropping like a rock. I am a weak man.

Go cats bear down. Love this thread so much.
CST, so excited for you. I did feel kinda bad that Cats were in SLC last week but it's awesome you will be there this weekend.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I was so depressed the day I toured the K center outside Cameron and say our trophy the the zebras stole from us.

I don't ever want to feel that way again.

McKale needs some updated hardware.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:How many hours till Thursday?
30ish hours till tip!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm going to be bearing down so hard for all of you here on BDW. And for the zags too.

Wife was like, why do you want to leave sac early to sit through a game with teams you don't have ties to.... like she gets it sometimes, but not all the time.

I kept mum. I enjoy my marriage. As they say in the south "bless her heart"
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:I was so depressed the day I toured the K center outside Cameron and say our trophy the the zebras stole from us.

I don't ever want to feel that way again.

McKale needs some updated hardware.
Was it a guided tour? If yes, you should have asked if the refs got rings too.