PHXCATS

Re: Jason Scheer

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Canzano is a tool.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The biggest issue as the realignment issue starts to settle down is that is very likely at some point Cal and Furd head to the B1G.

Scheer was preaching being pro active while Wilner and Canzano were trying to circle the wagons for the conference. USC was pro active and we should be doing that as well
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:44 am The biggest issue as the realignment issue starts to settle down is that is very likely at some point Cal and Furd head to the B1G.

Scheer was preaching being pro active while Wilner and Canzano were trying to circle the wagons for the conference. USC was pro active and we should be doing that as well
Nah we should just be useful tools for Oregon, UW, and Stanford. That's the smart approach naturally.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

It was be absolutely stupid to leave for the 12 without knowing what you can still get out of the PAC. Absolutely stupid.

Mike Luke and Scheer want to be stupid with this decision (not saying they are stupid people)

If UA goes to the Big 12 it does not mean Scheer was right and it does not mean Wilner and Canzano were wrong
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

ChooChooCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 pm
azcat49 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:44 am The biggest issue as the realignment issue starts to settle down is that is very likely at some point Cal and Furd head to the B1G.

Nah we should just be useful tools for Oregon, UW, and Stanford. That's the smart approach naturally.
And hope for a miracle!
Mike Luke's burner account.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:09 pm It was be absolutely stupid to leave for the 12 without knowing what you can still get out of the PAC. Absolutely stupid.

Mike Luke and Scheer want to be stupid with this decision (not saying they are stupid people)

If UA goes to the Big 12 it does not mean Scheer was right and it does not mean Wilner and Canzano were wrong
Here's where each conference lies:

Pac 12: 10 schools, maybe 12 if you add SDSU and SMU which will dilute the money pot greatly, Great academics (YAY!), shit basketball and ok football, zero future stability since the Pac 12 does have brands/markets that a superior conference would eye in the future if not now

Big 12: Reportedly a very likely better TV deal, Meh academics (Sports fans surely care about this), great basketball, solid football, has full on stability due to its schools being in small markets

You either stick with the lifeboat of the Pac12 where you're going to 1. Make less TV money reportedly and 2. Looking for another home in probably less than a decade or go to the Big12 where 1. You'll make more TV money reportedly, 2. Sports are actually valued by all members and 3. you don't have to worry about ACC schools eventually taking your place, so you aren't stuck in the MWC when all this shenanigans is said and done

I can tell which you'd prefer. I disagree with you greatly.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

KillerKlown wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:19 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 pm

And hope for a miracle!
Oh there's no miracle, you'd just hope the bullet you'd inevitably take would kill you right away as opposed to leaving you on life support and your soul is trapped in a lifeless body.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:09 pm It was be absolutely stupid to leave for the 12 without knowing what you can still get out of the PAC. Absolutely stupid.

Pac 12: 10 schools, maybe 12 if you add SDSU and SMU which will dilute the money pot greatly, Great academics (YAY!), shit basketball and ok football, zero future stability since the Pac 12 does have brands/markets that a superior conference would eye in the future if not now

Big 12: Reportedly a very likely better TV deal, Meh academics (Sports fans surely care about this), great basketball, solid football, has full on stability due to its schools being in small markets

You either stick with the lifeboat of the Pac12 where you're going to 1. Make less TV money reportedly and 2. Looking for another home in probably less than a decade or go to the Big12 where 1. You'll make more TV money reportedly, 2. Sports are actually valued by all members and 3. you don't have to worry about ACC schools eventually taking your place, so you aren't stuck in the MWC when all this shenanigans is said and done

You want to stay in the PAC-12?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Lol no.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Who wouldn't. You've ever been to a movie theater and you're the only one there to watch the movie? You can fart at Beasley Coliseum and hear an echo.
Mike Luke's burner account.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:35 pm

Lol no.
I don't either. I just want Heeke and Robbins to have all the data when they make their decision.

I said I would even take slightly less to move (I don't think it will be less at the end of it)
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

The reason Scheer is going after these guys is Arizona surely has the data they need and these guys are being a blatant mouthpiece for the conference and schools that don't want to share equally. If Scheer can see through the muck, I can guarantee you Heeke and Robbins are all over it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

SabinoDrifter wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:09 pm The reason Scheer is going after these guys is Arizona surely has the data they need and these guys are being a blatant mouthpiece for the conference and schools that don't want to share equally. If Scheer can see through the muck, I can guarantee you Heeke and Robbins are all over it.
There is zero chance Scheer knows the final offer from espn, if Apple is interested for sure, and what the Big 12 offer will be

Zero chance.

Canzano's and Wilner's sources don't either but they will much sooner than Scheer's sources will
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I would have to believe Robbins wants out of the Pac-12 as soon as possible. The Pac-12 is right now a sinking ship and it's every school for itself.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:30 pm
azcat49 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:58 pm I don’t get your take? I am not a fanboy of Scheer but I am glad he went after them and of course ESPIN back when.

Sounds like you are anointing Canazano as an all knowing scribe. He, Wilner and Mandel are all hacks
Everyone has a source and those sources have their knowledge and their goals and desires. Canzano and Scheer clearly speak to different people. Doesn't make one right one wrong.
This is literally one of the stupidest things I have ever read. When an actual journalist is being a bought and paid for spoon-fed mouthpiece for 2 schools masquerading as a beacon for all PAC-12, it is literally the responsibility of journalists to call them out, which is what Jason did. Yes, he did it in his classic snarky fashion, but it was needed, and, Jason isn’t a professional journalist. He is a content administrator of a fan site.

And he still has more integrity than Canzano.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Lol no.
I don't either. I just want Heeke and Robbins to have all the data when they make their decision.

I said I would even take slightly less to move (I don't think it will be less at the end of it)
What more data is required honestly? The PAC-12 isn’t in it for the long haul. If it survives one more TV deal I’m not sure what there is accomplished by the 4 corner schools outside of doing Oregon and UW a solid.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

JMarkJohns wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:20 pm
azcat49 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:58 pm I don’t get your take? I am not a fanboy of Scheer but I am glad he went after them and of course ESPIN back when.

Sounds like you are anointing Canazano as an all knowing scribe. He, Wilner and Mandel are all hacks
Everyone has a source and those sources have their knowledge and their goals and desires. Canzano and Scheer clearly speak to different people. Doesn't make one right one wrong.
This is literally one of the stupidest things I have ever read. When an actual journalist is being a bought and paid for spoon-fed mouthpiece for 2 schools masquerading as a beacon for all PAC-12, it is literally the responsibility of journalists to call them out, which is what Jason did. Yes, he did it in his classic snarky fashion, but it was needed, and, Jason isn’t a professional journalist. He is a content administrator of a fan site.

How do you know this is true? How do you know Canzano only speaks to two schools?

There are multiple angles and many moving parts to this. It is in the best interest of all 10 schools to be united through the negotiation process with espn and when they can next week with Apple and CBS and NBC etc

Also in the best interest for schools to know their options outside of the PAC which I am sure UA has done

What is best for UA is to have the Big 12 as an option and the PAC offer to be massive. Who is helping that come true more?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Lol no.

What more data is required honestly? The PAC-12 isn’t in it for the long haul. If it survives one more TV deal I’m not sure what there is accomplished by the 4 corner schools outside of doing Oregon and UW a solid.
The final espn offer.
How much is Apple or Netflix or Amazon offering
Can espn or a streaming service work together?
Can the results of above 3 bring new schools in that create value and are those schools willing to take a reduced cut for a few years?
How valuable is SDSU truly? They ain't a huge draw and would not bring in a ton of revenue but does playing in So Cal all the time bring in non financial benefits close to the financial change SDSU would cause?
Will Oregon and Washington sign a GOR if the price is right from above.

Ultimately I think UA moves to the Big 12 and gets more for doing it than sticking in the PAC would (on top of the incredible uncertainty that would occur by staying in the PAC) but you would be a total moron for not getting a final espn offer and knowing more from other parties.

There is zero chance UA loses their chance to go to the Big 12 if they wait until two more weeks to get more answers to the above. 0.0000000000000000001% percent chance
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You think in two weeks this will be resolved? This will drag out until the end of the season of more.

They may get some preliminary bids but it will never be their best bids.

Also we ALL know the either the Bay area or NW schools or all of them get an invite down the road
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:43 pm You think in two weeks this will be resolved? This will drag out until the end of the season of more.

They may get some preliminary bids but it will never be their best bids.

Also we ALL know the either the Bay area or NW schools or all of them get an invite down the road
I think by week 0 you will know how interest streaming services are which is what will bring in thr financial value. Heeke and Robbins better know the SDSU answer already

Yes if I were Robbins I would give it two weeks. No harm in doing it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:30 pm
JMarkJohns wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:20 pm

How do you know this is true? How do you know Canzano only speaks to two schools?

There are multiple angles and many moving parts to this. It is in the best interest of all 10 schools to be united through the negotiation process with espn and when they can next week with Apple and CBS and NBC etc

Also in the best interest for schools to know their options outside of the PAC which I am sure UA has done

What is best for UA is to have the Big 12 as an option and the PAC offer to be massive. Who is helping that come true more?
I know because some people know more than you.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Incredibly convincing
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 pm Incredibly convincing
I don’t need to be convincing to convince folks I know more than you; you continuing to speak on topics in such ways is all the convincing I need.

You like to take aggressive stances and then retreat into the corner a victim.

You specifically came at Jason Scheer in this thread. You called him unprofessional. You said both sides can be right. You have take some very passively foolish and actively silly stances on people and professions and the PAC-12.

Jason has more sources than you ever will. He has take hard to prove angles on multiple stories and… fucking proven them.

He can be petty. He can be snarky. He can be antagonistic. He can be these things because he is by far the best mind amongst any professional media covering the Wildcats, and, he’s the most professional journalistically where it actually matters.

He has an ego. So do you.

But Jason has earned his.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The only topic more boring then discussing conference realignment.... is discussing Jason Scheer discussing conference realignment.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:44 am The only topic more boring then discussing conference realignment.... is discussing Jason Scheer discussing conference realignment.
What about Jason Scheer critiquing another reporter’s shoddy coverage of conference realignment?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:25 am
Alieberman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:44 am The only topic more boring then discussing conference realignment.... is discussing Jason Scheer discussing conference realignment.
What about Jason Scheer critiquing another reporter’s shoddy coverage of conference realignment?
Exciting!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 am
Exciting!
I'm so bored. Hey AL...your Suns suck and the Lakers will wipe their ass next season.

(Desperate times call for desperate measures)
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 am
Exciting!
I'm so bored. Hey AL...your Suns suck and the Lakers will wipe their ass next season.

Is the NBA starting a wheelchair league that I didn't know about?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

JMarkJohns wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:59 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 pm Incredibly convincing
I don’t need to be convincing to convince folks I know more than you; you continuing to speak on topics in such ways is all the convincing I need.

You like to take aggressive stances and then retreat into the corner a victim.

You specifically came at Jason Scheer in this thread. You called him unprofessional. You said both sides can be right. You have take some very passively foolish and actively silly stances on people and professions and the PAC-12.

Jason has more sources than you ever will. He has take hard to prove angles on multiple stories and… fucking proven them.

He can be petty. He can be snarky. He can be antagonistic. He can be these things because he is by far the best mind amongst any professional media covering the Wildcats, and, he’s the most professional journalistically where it actually matters.

He has an ego. So do you.

But Jason has earned his.
What aggressive stance did I take here? That UA should get all the information it can before making a decision? That is aggressive to you?

Also when did I ever claim to have sources in this thread or the realignment one? I never did. You want to paint a certain picture and create lies and bullshit to do so.

The situation is fluid. Anyone claiming it isn't is a liar.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 am
Exciting!

Take that crap to the lower boards...

:P
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:14 pm
Alieberman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 am

Exciting!

Take that crap to the lower boards...

:P
Greg Abbott's a Laker fan?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

2 days after the San Diego St game, Jason continue's to twitter fight people on how bad their Stadium is.

All he does on twitter is try to fight with people/ put them down for having different opinions than him.

Maybe he has some good insight at times... but he really seems like an awful person
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Doesn't get any clicks from me on those stories. Have no interest.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:44 pm 2 days after the San Diego St game, Jason continue's to twitter fight people on how bad their Stadium is.

All he does on twitter is try to fight with people/ put them down for having different opinions than him.

Maybe he has some good insight at times... but he really seems like an awful person
Having actually attended the game my issues were more with the game day organization, or more accurately, complete disorganization.

I spent two hours from the time I turned off I15 onto Friars road to getting to the stadium parking lot stuck in traffic.. Traffic control was completely absent. One would think that the local police would remember how to control traffic having hosted numerous Charger games over the years.

The concession stands quickly ran out of water. How do you run out of water knowing that you have a sell out in record heat (the heat was already known days before the game).

The stadium had a number of entrances and exits closed, forcing people to walk out of their way to get in and/or out.

The parking lot I was in (orange lot) had no safe walkway from the lot to the stadium. One had to either scramble up a steep dirt bank or walk a hundred yards backwards only to walk up a road dodging cars.

The stadium security personnel were stopping people from carrying umbrellas into the stadium......again ignoring the 100F+ environment.

The concession stands had the prices of many of their items completely screwed up.......and of course were not capable of fixing the issue.

It was, in short, amateur hour at Snapdragon stadium.

The stadium itself was built on the cheap. It will never be mistaken for a modern P% stadium. I can't blame SDSU for that as building football stadiums in an era of declining attendance is challenging........but they can at least get their act together in how they operate the facility.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Is he talking about Chief?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ In this petulant drama which one is Machina?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:42 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ In this petulant drama which one is Machina?
I think it’s you …..
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

It's not Chief
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

:lol:

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Huh?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

But there is this account.

https://twitter.com/chiefzona
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Good. Now hopefully everyone will stop the bullshit attacks on Twitter
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't know if Chief blocked me, but I never saw his posts on twitter.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:00 pm Huh?
Looks like he may have created a new account

https://twitter.com/burt_chief85005
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chief is 100% right

AZ Desert Swarm, Scheer, Luke, idiot Luke listeners....all they do is talk about Chief

Shut the fuck up about everyone else and everything will be better
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The bill always comes due. I assume Chief was running his mouth preseason then through the first 6 games and now after the last three he is getting called out by these media types.

While I agree the best thing is to ignore the trolls but at some point a bully needs to be punched in the face. No idea how many times these media types engage with him but once would be enough that that it is very clear he was way wrong bout Fisch (like a lot of us)
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:02 pm The bill always comes due. I assume Chief was running his mouth preseason then through the first 6 games and now after the last three he is getting called out by these media types.

While I agree the best thing is to ignore the trolls but at some point a bully needs to be punched in the face. No idea how many times these media types engage with him but once would be enough that that it is very clear he was way wrong bout Fisch (like a lot of us)
AZ Desert Swarm does it many times a week. As do Luke listeners

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT CHIEF