let's talk '19

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Dave

Re: let's talk '19

Post by Dave »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
I'd get real used to the thought of Brandon Randolph not being on next year's team guys.
I have no doubt that you are probably correct here... but who the hell is telling him that he looks ready to become a pro?
It's honestly a carbon copy of the Chance Comanche situation. Guy doesn't want to lose playing time nor does he want to wait. That along with the fact he and his mother really believe in his ability and to his credit he will test very well athletically, so he thinks he has a good chance.
If I were Randolph I would be salivating at the opportunity to play with Nico. Nico is going to make everyone on the team look better. Jason Kidd made Lamond Murray look like a All Star.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

TucsonClip wrote:his handle are... bad, and he is a poor passer, both in vision and passing ability.
He is the worst dribbler/passer for a guard that I have maybe ever seen in college basketball. It makes me physically ill to see him dribble. The relief I get when he doesn't turn the ball over is what you would expect to feel as a parent of a 5 year old playing basketball in a team setting for the first time. You are SHOCKED when he doesn't turn it over
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Smith would. He's a senior with 4 years in Miller's system.
You're probably right. I'm hoping he's not good enough because the new guys are just way better.
I want the kids to achieve potential, but with 5 newbies, I doubt all 5 are ready. Usually there are bumps in the road.
From the highlight reels I've seen, Green, Mannion & Armstrong look like they're ready right now to start at Arizona and go 25-30 minutes/game. They're strong playing through contact and best of all, they can shoot the basketball. The other recruits I'm not so sure they can handle the physical contact yet.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

2020 NBA mock draft: A new No. 1 pick, latest on top prospects

9. DET Josh Green SG IMG Academy 6-5 18.1
17. BKN Nico Mannion PG Pinnacle HS 6-4 17.8
55. BKN (via DEN) Brandon Randolph SG Arizona 6-5 21.3
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_ ... amelo-ball" target="_blank
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

I like Dylan as a backup PF.

Chances our starting lineup for 20-21 includes Barcello, Doutrive, Armstrong, and Zeke?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

One year of NM, JG and BW will be great. Two years would be FF time.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Nico and Green are McDonald's All Americans, Zeke just fell short.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Well you don't see that every day

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Need to find video of a player by the name of Skeeter Swift. He had that move in the 70’s
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

84Cat wrote:For those who have seen Nico play, who does he compare to? Will he be the best pg in the Miller Era? We haven't had a great pg since Bayless or Terry
My buddy was at the Shadow Mountain game and said Nico looked like the next Nico Mannion. Meaning greatest PG of all time

In all seriousness he said he looked like the best high school PG he had ever seen
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Do I sense a little Rick "The Stick" Anderson in Stone Gettings....

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... &id=201408" target="_blank

Surfer brah

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Dave wrote:
If I were Randolph I would be salivating at the opportunity to play with Nico. Nico is going to make everyone on the team look better. Jason Kidd made Lamond Murray look like a All Star.
I honestly don't want Randolph taking away shots from anyone next year. He had it set up perfectly for him this year to be the go to scorer. He has been given the green light to shoot and drive whenever and he has stunk it up.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Frybry02 wrote:
Dave wrote:
I honestly don't want Randolph taking away shots from anyone next year. He had it set up perfectly for him this year to be the go to scorer. He has been given the green light to shoot and drive whenever and he has stunk it up.
I agree with this.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Frybry02 wrote:
Dave wrote:
I agree with this. Randolph either isn't listening, thinks he is better than he is, or just not a good basketball player. Low basketball IQ. Not sure he would be of help next season. In any case his PT would be going down, and definitely not starting.

Mannion
Williams
Green
Lee
Jeter

3 guard lineup
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Randolph just isn't that good. Considering the role he has this year, he would need to scale it way back and be ready to play minutes off the bench. He has a lot of development left. His shot selection and defense need quite a bit of work.

Plus, he still has trouble helping inside our ball screen coverages, and he doesn't even defend on ball. Miller has been calling his rotations from the sideline a majority of the year. I'd be fine if he stuck around for two more years, but his role needs to change next season.

This is why I've thought he would be gone next year since this past fall.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Catintheheat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Dave wrote:
I agree with this. Randolph either isn't listening, thinks he is better than he is, or just not a good basketball player. Low basketball IQ. Not sure he would be of help next season. In any case his PT would be going down, and definitely not starting.

Mannion
Williams
Green
Lee
Jeter

3 guard lineup
I love Lee, he has a role on any team, it's just not as a starter on next year's team. There will be better options.

On another note Arizona needs to add more guys to this class, the current set of bench options....oy.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TucsonClip wrote:Randolph just isn't that good. Considering the role he has this year, he would need to scale it way back and be ready to play minutes off the bench. He has a lot of development left. His shot selection and defense need quite a bit of work.

Plus, he still has trouble helping inside our ball screen coverages, and he doesn't even defend on ball. Miller has been calling his rotations from the sideline a majority of the year. I'd be fine if he stuck around for two more years, but his role needs to change next season.

goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:Randolph just isn't that good. Considering the role he has this year, he would need to scale it way back and be ready to play minutes off the bench. He has a lot of development left. His shot selection and defense need quite a bit of work.

Choo - has your opinion on who is leaving next year changed much at all recently? Randolph we think is gone, but Barcello and Smith probably as well? I would be perfectly content with just Bwill, DD, Jeter, and Lee returning next year...if so, gotta think we add at least one transfer to be eligible next year?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Choo - has your opinion on who is leaving next year changed much at all recently? Randolph we think is gone, but Barcello and Smith probably as well? I would be perfectly content with just Bwill, DD, Jeter, and Lee returning next year...if so, gotta think we add at least one transfer to be eligible next year?
Overall nothing has changed, Randolph doesn't want to sit on the sidelines, Barcello may stick around for personal reasons or may decide to want to play elsewhere (not sure what Miller wants in regard to him yet), and the ball is in Smith's court for what role he wants in his final season. I fully expect Sean Miller to add some sort of grad transfer post to the roster next year.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Ira Lee, the next Draymond Green. Not yet by someday hopefully.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Overall nothing has changed, Randolph doesn't want to sit on the sidelines, Barcello may stick around for personal reasons or may decide to want to play elsewhere (not sure what Miller wants in regard to him yet), and the ball is in Smith's court for what role he wants in his final season. I fully expect Sean Miller to add some sort of grad transfer post to the roster next year.
That would be a bit of a crowded post then assuming Jeter comes back? That would be Jeter, Gettings, Nnaji, and Lee with a GT (assuming Koloko redshirts or doesn't play much)? Maybe Miller is under the belief that one of Jeter or Lee may not be here next year?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

That would be a bit of a crowded post then assuming Jeter comes back? That would be Jeter, Gettings, Nnaji, and Lee with a GT (assuming Koloko redshirts or doesn't play much)? Maybe Miller is under the belief that one of Jeter or Lee may not be here next year?
More for depth purposes than anything else, I wouldn't expect a very good grad transfer to occupy that spot.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Ira Lee, the next Draymond Green. Not yet by someday hopefully.
I never knew he enjoyed kicking people in the crotch.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

yeah that makes sense, thanks Choo.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Here's what kills me with Randolph. You can see his talent, but he has never learned how to get his within the flow of the offense. Every time Miller mentions guarded jumpers/threes early in the clock, I think of Randolph. He takes 2-3 contested 20 footers with 15-20 seconds on the shot clock every game.

Defensively, I am less frustrated with him, but understand why people would be. We're decent on D though. We could really use a consistent scorer, BR has the tools to be one and he just has not figured it out.
Justyce1

Post by Justyce1 »

Some of you amaze me... after all the AZ and college hoops you’ve watched, every year some of you still think these highly rated recruits are gonna come in and be better than upperclassmen. Or that Miller is going to trust them over some of the Jr’s on the team.

Nico is the only one guaranteed to start day one. Green has huge upside especially on defense but his handle and shot need to improve. And with Dylan Smith and possibly Randolph in front of him I’m not so sure he starts. And Choo what option do you think is going to be better than Ira Lee at the 4 next year? Let me guess Gettings? Or a freshman Nnaji who is essentially the same type of high effort/energy player that ira is except Ira will have more experience in Miller’s system.

It’s hard to transition from HS to a P5 school unless you’re the elite of the elite Ayton/Durant/Beasley/AD/Ball

If you guys think we’re gonna have more than one, maybe two freshmen in the starting lineup, then you haven’t paying attention. Now if Smith and Randolph leave that’s a different story. But I’m also gonna assume DD gets better a rising the pine will light a fire under him.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Here's what kills me with Randolph. You can see his talent, but he has never learned how to get his within the flow of the offense. Every time Miller mentions guarded jumpers/threes early in the clock, I think of Randolph. He takes 2-3 contested 20 footers with 15-20 seconds on the shot clock every game.

Defensively, I am less frustrated with him, but understand why people would be. We're decent on D though. We could really use a consistent scorer, BR has the tools to be one and he just has not figured it out.
If he doesnt have the ball in the open floor, he isnt taking a good shot, and likely isnt going to hit a meaningful percentage to offset his terrible, one dribble, pull-up, contested jumpers, 12 seconds into the possession.

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Here's what kills me with Randolph. You can see his talent, but he has never learned how to get his within the flow of the offense. Every time Miller mentions guarded jumpers/threes early in the clock, I think of Randolph. He takes 2-3 contested 20 footers with 15-20 seconds on the shot clock every game.

If he doesnt have the ball in the open floor, he isnt taking a good shot, and likely isnt going to hit a meaningful percentage to offset his terrible, one dribble, pull-up, contested jumpers, 12 seconds into the possession.
I'd add that he gets good looks when he penetrates in the half court and can beat his man. The concern there is that his vision is not great, so if he drives and doesn't beat his man, he gets stuck in an awful shot.

When he can turn the corner and get a short bank layup or floater, he actually does that pretty well. He just has to get there.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

I'd add that he gets good looks when he penetrates in the half court and can beat his man. The concern there is that his vision is not great, so if he drives and doesn't beat his man, he gets stuck in an awful shot.

When he can turn the corner and get a short bank layup or floater, he actually does that pretty well. He just has to get there.
Agreed, but like you say, he has to beat his man. He cant finish through contact because he is too slight, so he cant be even and has doesnt have the body to lean in, close the gap on the defender, and then seperate for the finish.

Im not off the bandwagon or anything, but he has a lot left to work on, and there is no way he has the same green light next year, as he does now.

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

Agreed, but like you say, he has to beat his man. He cant finish through contact because he is too slight, so he cant be even and has doesnt have the body to lean in, close the gap on the defender, and then seperate for the finish.

Im not off the bandwagon or anything, but he has a lot left to work on, and there is no way he has the same green light next year, as he does now.
Oh, I agree. If he returns, he'll have to get better shots within the offensive framework instead of freelancing. If he can't do that, time won't be there.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Justyce1 wrote:Some of you amaze me... after all the AZ and college hoops you’ve watched, every year some of you still think these highly rated recruits are gonna come in and be better than upperclassmen. Or that Miller is going to trust them over some of the Jr’s on the team.

Nico is the only one guaranteed to start day one. Green has huge upside especially on defense but his handle and shot need to improve. And with Dylan Smith and possibly Randolph in front of him I’m not so sure he starts. And Choo what option do you think is going to be better than Ira Lee at the 4 next year? Let me guess Gettings? Or a freshman Nnaji who is essentially the same type of high effort/energy player that ira is except Ira will have more experience in Miller’s system.

It’s hard to transition from HS to a P5 school unless you’re the elite of the elite Ayton/Durant/Beasley/AD/Ball

If you guys think we’re gonna have more than one, maybe two freshmen in the starting lineup, then you haven’t paying attention. Now if Smith and Randolph leave that’s a different story. But I’m also gonna assume DD gets better a rising the pine will light a fire under him.
Green is shooting 40% from 3 this year and his handle is just fine for a wing, hell it's sure as shit better than Smith's. Brandon Williams has been starting over Dylan Smith, but sure Miller hardly to never plays freshman over upperclassmen or he does literally all the time. Gettings or Nnaji are both better options than Lee at the 4. Nnaji isn't an undersized high effort/energy guy, but sure you go with that and say he's an Ira Lee type.

It's hard to transition from HS to a P5 unless you're Stanley Johnson, Lauri Markkanen, Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, do I need to continue or are we only talking about guys who went #1 or #2 in the draft?

Is your post serious or are you just trolling?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Can't remember the last time the "let's talk about [next year]" thread was so much more active than the current season's thread. Good news: next year's is gonna be fun. Bad news: we still have to watch seven more weeks of the Brandon Randolph Show.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:Can't remember the last time the "let's talk about [next year]" thread was so much more active than the current season's thread. Good news: next year's is gonna be fun. Bad news: we still have to watch seven more weeks of the Brandon Randolph Show.
It's a few things.

First, it's hard this year because we can all see a ceiling for the team. If everything came together perfectly, we might make the Sweet 16 and lose. It's been a while since that was the case.

Next, you can see certain players developing towards next year. I look at guys like Jeter, Williams and Lee and all I see is the experience they gain in the struggle and how it points towards them leading next year.

Finally, we have such a loaded class incoming that addresses our biggest issue. Overall talent. I'm not trying to hate on Coleman or Luther, but Nico and Nnaji are just a lot more talented.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Can't remember the last time the "let's talk about [next year]" thread was so much more active than the current season's thread. Good news: next year's is gonna be fun. Bad news: we still have to watch seven more weeks of the Brandon Randolph Show.
It's a few things.

First, it's hard this year because we can all see a ceiling for the team. If everything came together perfectly, we might make the Sweet 16 and lose. It's been a while since that was the case.

Next, you can see certain players developing towards next year. I look at guys like Jeter, Williams and Lee and all I see is the experience they gain in the struggle and how it points towards them leading next year.

Finally, we have such a loaded class incoming that addresses our biggest issue. Overall talent. I'm not trying to hate on Coleman or Luther, but Nico and Nnaji are just a lot more talented.
Totally, Spiff. I get it. I just wish there were more to be excited about at the moment. The older I get, the fewer seasons of AZ hoops I have left. Sorry if that's too existential for a Friday afternoon. It's true, though: whereas in the 00s I really had zero doubt that more FFs were coming, and soon, we're now fast approaching 20 years since our last FF, which is just so crazy to me. Sure we've had a number of good teams over the past two decades, and AZ remains an elite program, imo. But for a while there we were keeping pace with Duke, UNC, and Kansas. Not so much anymore.

Anyway, I'm super excited for '19, but I'm also holding out hope that this current team surprises people and somehow gets into the tourney.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's a few things.

Totally, Spiff. I get it. I just wish there were more to be excited about at the moment. The older I get, the fewer seasons of AZ hoops I have left. Sorry if that's too existential for a Friday afternoon. It's true, though: whereas in the 00s I really had zero doubt that more FFs were coming, and soon, we're now fast approaching 20 years since our last FF, which is just so crazy to me. Sure we've had a number of good teams over the past two decades, and AZ remains an elite program, imo. But for a while there we were keeping pace with Duke, UNC, and Kansas. Not so much anymore.

Anyway, I'm super excited for '19, but I'm also holding out hope that this current team surprises people and somehow gets into the tourney.
You have to believe in the afterlife. I feel like if I can make heaven, Arizona wins the natty every year in my heaven. Motivation to live right, I guess.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Nico moved up 7 spots too

7 out of the Top 30 kids are PAC 12 bound too
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Here's an idea: let's add three one-and-dones to our worst team in a decade....

Don't expect too much.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:Here's an idea: let's add three one-and-dones to our worst team in a decade....

Don't expect too much.
Who said they are all one-and-dones, and if they are, doesn’t that indicate a MASSIVE talent upgrade?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

pc in NM wrote:Here's an idea: let's add three one-and-dones to our worst team in a decade....

Don't expect too much.
This year we don't have talent. People are mad.

We're adding talent. People are mad?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Don't expect too much.
Most of our current team will be gone next year and outside of Williams and Jeter won't be getting anything close to the PT they are this year.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Don't expect too much.
Most of our current team will be gone next year and outside of Williams and Jeter won't be getting anything close to the PT they are this year.
Do you think DD will not be in the rotation next year?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Count me among the people who cannot f***ing wait for this ‘19 class to get to campus. Gonna be fun.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Don't expect too much.
Do you think DD will not be in the rotation next year?
Well he barely gets time now, so it's hard to blame him for the current state of the team. He certainly could improve and another year of knowledge in Miller's system will probably give him the edge over Armstrong. So the answer to your question is maybe? I did leave out Lee who will probably get a similar minute amount to what he's averaged this year.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Don't expect too much.
This is why I feel so bad for Sean Miller and do not understand why he would want to coach in college basketball outside of making $4M a year living in Tucson, AZ so he is banking a ton of money.

He basically got his program destroyed by an assistant over a $20K bribe he obviously had no idea about

He loses almost an entire recruiting class and an entire starting line up from a team and has to piece together a team in a couple months that deep down he knows is going to be dog shit.

Then he hires two new assistants and goes out and puts together maybe his best class ever.

But thats not good enough for Arizona fans. Dont add too much talent Miller is their attitude.

If I was Sean Miller and I read that, I would literally get Arizona to one Final Four and fucking leave so fast.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Newportcat wrote:

Don't expect too much.
This is why I feel so bad for Sean Miller and do not understand why he would want to coach in college basketball outside of making $4M a year living in Tucson, AZ so he is banking a ton of money.

He basically got his program destroyed by an assistant over a $20K bribe he obviously had no idea about

He loses almost an entire recruiting class and an entire starting line up from a team and has to piece together a team in a couple months that deep down he knows is going to be dog shit.

Then he hires two new assistants and goes out and puts together maybe his best class ever.

But thats not good enough for Arizona fans. Dont add too much talent Miller is their attitude.

If I was Sean Miller and I read that, I would literally get Arizona to one Final Four and fucking leave so fast.
I actually am totally impressed that CSM has rebounded so quickly with such a high quality recruiting performance, even when, arguably, under the cloud of the federal indictments and potential ncaa investigation; not to mention the “black hole” of the PAC-12 Network. I am a CSM fan, and am not remotely one of those questioning his current or future tenure here.

However, I am not a fan of the current state of NCAA basketball, especially the one-and-done culture now dominating the game. The fact is that, even as talented as most of these kids are, they typically come to college with a better array of dunks than fundamental team basketball skills, and that puts a ceiling, more often than not, on overall performance, especially in the tournament - IMNSHO, CSM’s tournament performance has been a strength, and not a problem warranting the doubts heaped on him here by many.

But no single recruiting class should ever warrant an “expectation” of a Final Four...

... therefore, temper your “expectations”!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

There are players and there are fans. Obviously exceptional players seek CSM. Obviously fans support and criticize CSM. Sometimes program results satisfy both players and fans. Sometimes it's split. No any given time represents the totality of the program.

We should criticize and covet this program.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

pc in NM wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

Don't expect too much.

I actually am totally impressed that CSM has rebounded so quickly with such a high quality recruiting performance, even when, arguably, under the cloud of the federal indictments and potential ncaa investigation; not to mention the “black hole” of the PAC-12 Network. I am a CSM fan, and am not remotely one of those questioning his current or future tenure here.

However, I am not a fan of the current state of NCAA basketball, especially the one-and-done culture now dominating the game. The fact is that, even as talented as most of these kids are, they typically come to college with a better array of dunks than fundamental team basketball skills, and that puts a ceiling, more often than not, on overall performance, especially in the tournament - IMNSHO, CSM’s tournament performance has been a strength, and not a problem warranting the doubts heaped on him here by many.

But no single recruiting class should ever warrant an “expectation” of a Final Four...

Ok, not exactly the response I expected and cant disagree with much you said. I hate the one and done culture too but thats the NBA's fault which I think they fix soon (Believe it will happen during next collective bargaining agreement in 2022 if not sooner).

But outside of Josh Green, I think Zeke and Nico might stay two years. At least what I have heard.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

Don't expect too much.

Ok, not exactly the response I expected and cant disagree with much you said. I hate the one and done culture too but thats the NBA's fault which I think they fix soon (Believe it will happen during next collective bargaining agreement in 2022 if not sooner).

But outside of Josh Green, I think Zeke and Nico might stay two years. At least what I have heard.
Nico is a 1st rounder. It's just a matter if that's enough for him or if he wants to stay and try to go lotto. Green is lotto from day 1. Zeke is likely to go if he's a 1st rounder.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Nico could even be a lotto pick.

I think it’s reasonable to assume he and JG are OAD. It sucks, but that’s the game you play with elite freshmen. There’s a heightened urgency to win immediately. Previous Miller teams have thrived with elite freshmen: Gordon, SJ, Lauri, Ayton. It’ll just be a matter of whether the rest of the roster is good enough to have the success we’re envisioning.

Probably covered elsewhere, but how likely is it that we see a three guard starting unit next season with NM, JG and BW? Those three plus Jeter and one more big would seem to be our best 5. How good is Stone Gettings?