Looks like they are expanding underground:

Floor was finished 3 weeks ago, seats were delivered a few days ago

Media tour:

http://azstarnet.com/sports/college/wil ... 7a6db.html

New players entrance:

Spaceman Spiff

Re: McKale Renovations

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'd be interested in how the ex-yellow seat section turns out.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Looks like the seats under the basket in the student section are going to be bleachers for the first 9 rows. I guess this is for the McZoo Crazies.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Well, I guess I answered my own question; and the answer is they are NOT bleacher seats after-all. All of the other lower bowl platforms were built onsite, by hand, but the north end was prefabbed and rolled in and actually looks different, thus I thought it would be different seating. I don't know the difference, but either way it is seats for everyone.

PS - Below is the link for the UA Twitter Account that has four new pics. Look at the top of the "A" in red on the upper seats as they are being installed.

https://twitter.com/APlayersProgram/sta ... 64/photo/1
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Making some progress inside McKale, and the red "A" in the student section looks good:
Formerly McLurvin
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Primetime Lighting:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

this season it's just a lot of minor cosmetic upgrades like the new lighting and seats (and i think some new toilets and coats of paint and stuff in the concessions and bathrooms), but it will look a lot better in there. the real overhaul work is over the next 2-3 offseasons, but at least superficially, mckale will already look a lot nicer this season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Coop Cat wrote:Primetime Lighting:

I know some folks who hate this type of lighting, but I love it. I like that look, especially on TV, where the floor is brightly lit but the stands progressively get darker the further back you look. Feels like the old LA forum lighting scheme. Dig it. Makes arenas feel more cavernous and imposing IMO.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

'New' McKale helps UA land 5-star guard

7 hours ago • By Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star

McKale Center renovations are still months away from completion, but the project already accomplished a major goal Sunday: It was something of a clincher in five-star guard Allonzo Trier’s decision to become an Arizona Wildcat.

Trier, a 6-foot-4-inch, 190-pound shooting guard from Seattle and Oklahoma who has been known as a top 2015 player since middle school, chose the Wildcats over schools including Kansas, Connecticut, UCLA and Louisville.

Trier said he developed a strong relationship with UA coach Sean Miller while playing for the U17 USA Basketball team Miller helped coach in June, and has been heavily recruited since then by UA assistant coach Joe Pasternack.

But it was the chance to see the UA campus for the first time this weekend for an official visit that helped seal the deal for the touted guard.

Trier said he was impressed with UA’s facilities, especially with the $30 million renovation phase to McKale Center, which is scheduled to be largely completed in time for the Red-Blue Game on Oct. 18.

“They were telling me a lot about the facilities and things like that, but seeing the McKale Center renovations was special to me,” Trier said by telephone Sunday from the Tucson airport, after finishing his visit.

“It was the facilities and the relationship I had with coach Miller and the coaching staff. I thought that was the best place to get me to the next level.”

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 0182e.html
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Looks like an NBA arena with that lighting. I dig it. I can't wait to see the finished product in person.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Working on the floor! Is that a cover or is that the new floor?

TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Formerly McLurvin
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I like the Lute Olson signature.

North Carolina Blue going down...

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Wonder if Lute was consulted about changing the signature...I know he had it changed from Olson Court to add Bobbi in...

I know her name is still there under the sig...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ya it says Lute & Bobbi Olson court under the sig. Used to just say Lute & Bobbi in cursive

Full size: http://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.w ... 989g5q.jpg
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

From Byrne:
Something that is in the renewal information, but I wanted to make sure I address here is our plan for the exhibition game. The McKale renovation project is moving along, but unfortunately, an unforeseen issue arose as we worked through the renovation on the east side that caused a two-week delay. As a result, the arena won’t be fully completed until the first regular-season men’s basketball game. This will impact our capacity for the Nov. 9 exhibition game vs. Cal Poly Pomona. In the past, the exhibition game(s) have been included in the season ticket package. This year, we have decided to remove it and adjust the season ticket prices. Season ticket prices will be lower than what has been published online and in our Fan Guide.

Just a couple of quick notes on the McKale renovation. The floor logos and markings are being painted this week and the new lighting has been completed. The installation of the new seats is about 70 percent complete and should be finished on Aug. 18, while some of the new locker rooms should be ready by Sept. 1. We’re looking forward to our first event in McKale when volleyball opens its home schedule on Sept. 5 against Alabama St.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I just hope we don't have something as gawdawful ugly as Oregon's court.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Daryl Zero wrote:I just hope we don't have something as gawdawful ugly as Oregon's court.
look up about 5 posts

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Daryl Zero wrote:I just hope we don't have something as gawdawful ugly as Oregon's court.
look up about 5 posts
Thanks. I don't know what Oregon's court looks like in person but I hate the dang thing seeing it on the TV. Way too busy.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jefe wrote:From Byrne:
Something that is in the renewal information, but I wanted to make sure I address here is our plan for the exhibition game. The McKale renovation project is moving along, but unfortunately, an unforeseen issue arose as we worked through the renovation on the east side that caused a two-week delay. As a result, the arena won’t be fully completed until the first regular-season men’s basketball game. This will impact our capacity for the Nov. 9 exhibition game vs. Cal Poly Pomona. In the past, the exhibition game(s) have been included in the season ticket package. This year, we have decided to remove it and adjust the season ticket prices. Season ticket prices will be lower than what has been published online and in our Fan Guide.

Just a couple of quick notes on the McKale renovation. The floor logos and markings are being painted this week and the new lighting has been completed. The installation of the new seats is about 70 percent complete and should be finished on Aug. 18, while some of the new locker rooms should be ready by Sept. 1. We’re looking forward to our first event in McKale when volleyball opens its home schedule on Sept. 5 against Alabama St.
Like watching paint dry.

Does this mean that Cal Poly game is canceled?
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

You just can't see the forest for the trees.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

gumby wrote:
You just can't see the forest for the trees.
Or the court for the trees. :lol:
cats101

Post by cats101 »

gumby wrote:
Jefe wrote:From Byrne:

Like watching paint dry.

Does this mean that Cal Poly game is canceled?
Think it means tickets will be sold seperately from the other games. I was wondering why the price seemed lower than usually when I got the email this morning.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ya sounds like they will only have like 10k seats for the exhibition game. Make you wonder if any season ticket holders wont get that game...

Heading out to that meet & greet with Byrne in 30 mins. Im gonna push the outdoor Red/Blue game again
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Count me as one fo the very few who hate that lighting. I want to see the red clad fans filled to the rafters making noise. I hate the NBA dark look.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azcat49 wrote:Count me as one fo the very few who hate that lighting. I want to see the red clad fans filled to the rafters making noise. I hate the NBA dark look.
Me too. Leave Showtime for LA.

Love every game a red out for CATS @ home.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:Count me as one fo the very few who hate that lighting. I want to see the red clad fans filled to the rafters making noise. I hate the NBA dark look.
Same here, but then I'm old and thus my opinion matters not.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UCF's is actually the most distracting when you see a game. I watched them play UConn, and it sucked even worse than you'd think it would suck watching UCF playing UConn.

I am honestly glad we aren't getting in on this trend.
Desertcats

Post by Desertcats »

Where's the saguaro cactus gonna go? 8-)
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Desertcats wrote:Where's the saguaro cactus gonna go? 8-)
In the dreams of the old fans who still like it ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

mckale is going to look reeallllyyyy good in about 2ish (maybe 3) years when all the projects are done. definitely going to be a top 10 facility in college basketball.

gumby

Post by gumby »

Won't that blackout a whiteout? If they add NBA Muzak, I'll mute the TV.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

No chance of an outdoor bball game. Byrne said they pretty much had to destroy the old floor to remove it
gumby

Post by gumby »

This works for me. Much more understated than the Eugene forest.

Would work with saguaros and hills. Maybe toss in a coyote (relax, Jefe, not that kind).
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I personally like the Washington court but I also liked the platinum uniforms So what do I know! Haha!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

UAdevil wrote:
Coop Cat wrote:Primetime Lighting:

I know some folks who hate this type of lighting, but I love it. I like that look, especially on TV, where the floor is brightly lit but the stands progressively get darker the further back you look. Feels like the old LA forum lighting scheme. Dig it. Makes arenas feel more cavernous and imposing IMO.

If we stop being a shooter's gym I'm all for it. :D
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Jefe wrote:I like the Lute Olson signature.

North Carolina Blue going down...

That's called primer my friend.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If God doesn't have a favorite basketball team, then why did he make primer Carolina blue?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

2 coats of clear on it now. I'm liking the new wood grain and the thinner outline

All red in the uppers

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pretty excited to see a game in McKale this year. But really, when haven't I been?

I got to see the last game with the old scoreboard. Oh the memories...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I'm anxious to see the more major infrastructure changes that will be coming next off-season.

-The East and West upper level redo with permanent concrete seating and the concourses behind those sections.
-The interior concourse being filled in with seating and tunnels at each aisle to access the new concourse.
-The 'exterior' concourse and amenities.

What we'll have for this season probably is only 20% of the total project upgrades.

Exciting times.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The scoreboard really lights the place up so it wont be that dark but did they put LED lights marking the aisles now?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Longhorned wrote:If God doesn't have a favorite basketball team, then why did he make primer Carolina blue?

They just picked any light blue color primer the dark blue would cover. But I digress. Fire that paint boss.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Court looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

They re-numbered the rows starting at 17A:
Because of the McKale renovation and some of the changes it caused as it relates to seating, we decided to use the opportunity to renumber the rows. This has apparently caused some confusion during the renewal process, where some fans think they were being moved further up. The actual seat locations have remained the same, it is just the numbers on the rows that have changed.

For example, row 17A is now row 17 and row 18 is now row 19. This happens all the way to the upper concourse where row 29 is now row 30, row 29A is now row 31 and row 29B is now row 32. As a result, the upper level seats now start with row 33 and go up to row 43.