Watching the tournament online outside of the States

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dcZONAfan

Watching the tournament online outside of the States

Post by dcZONAfan »

For those of you (i'm looking at you Puerco and Bangkok) who live outside the US, is there any restriction to watching the tournament online (the way I used to have the games going while at the office)?

I could just imagine going to watch the opening games on my computer and getting a "Content not available in this country" message and freaking the fuck out knowing I'd have to watch a shitty ass stream for all of (knock on wood) the Arizona games in the next few weeks.
Bangkok Wildcat

Re: Watching the tournament online outside of the States

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

dcZONAfan wrote:For those of you (i'm looking at you Puerco and Bangkok) who live outside the US, is there any restriction to watching the tournament online (the way I used to have the games going while at the office)?

I could just imagine going to watch the opening games on my computer and getting a "Content not available in this country" message and freaking the fuck out knowing I'd have to watch a shitty ass stream for all of (knock on wood) the Arizona games in the next few weeks.
Dude! I've been considering jumping off my 22nd floor balcony because I fear I won't have any access to the games...I've already been shut out of ESPN with the 'restricted outside of US' crap.....tried unsuccessfully using VPNs and DNS proxies.....got lucky with YouTube Live for the P12 Tournament.....ughhhh.

Haven't had much luck with the VIP links provided by helpful board members.....I think I remember last year being able to watch via the March Madness App on my old iPad (which Apple Thailand doesn't have and therefore can't download on new iPad, lol) but am still thinking this through....if I find a solution I will post here and PM u both too. Please do as well.

Thailand censors the internet more nowadays (almost as bad as China) so my older workarounds (i.e. DNS proxies, VPNs aren't working like before with my new, upgraded router)....maybe you will have better luck in Spain....Have you tried using a DNS proxy or VPN there?

I will keep you updated.....BTFD Overseas Brother!

PS. Don't forget Dick Head aka Richard Cranium in Aussie-land too (sorry, but just love his moniker....didn't even understand it till recently, lol).
Bangkok Wildcat

Update: Looks like all games will be geo-blocked outside US. I got the March Madness App downloaded on my Xbox One (yes, I'm almost 50 and love my Xbox! Lol).

It's working with videos and will play with it tomorrow to see if I can get a VPN or DNS proxy to work on live games.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I have found that VPN's effectively dodge geoblocking.
Many 'pirate' rebroadcasters serve from 'geoneutral' servers.

In Australia ESPN is readily available - if you have an appropriate cable or other service.

I'll be in the USA for all but the first few days of the tournament except that I'll probably be in the air over the Pacific while the championship game is on.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

Definitely go with a VPN service. You can imagine the level of censorship here in Saudi, so we all use them. I use VyperVpn, they have lots of servers to choose from, have a "chameleon" mode to confuse sites like Netflix who are cracking down on VPNs, and don't cause any slowdown.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

You guys are may want to bookmark this guy. He is still active although it doesn't look like he streamed the play-in games

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClXmUQ ... qgZf1cxITw" target="_blank
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Acct terminated ^
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Have you guys tried Kodi? I am sure the games will all be on there somewhere. You can install it on a pc or a fire stick if you want to watch it easier on a tv.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Jefe wrote:Acct terminated ^
I was surprised it lasted this long tbh
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I usually have my my mother repeat over the phone what she hears on the radio.
Bangkok Wildcat

Thanks for all the advice guys but damn, tried everything and it's not working....I'm not a huge techie BUT I've been savvy to the VPN, DNS stuff for a while and it ain't working this year.....got the March Madness App up, used my Bros account and logged in successfully....but it kept crashing after the ad and before going live to the USC game...damn, thanks anyways.....will be begging for links in the thread tomorrow ;-).

Thanks again team.