Really, Mr. Hansen?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Really, Mr. Hansen?

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Postmaster wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:06 pm He did this on the news broadcast last night too.

He wears a mask while he’s all alone outside of Mckale to do his stories. Maybe that makes him bitter.

I thought some of his reporting re FBI stuff was anti-Miller and not exactly accurate.
He needs the same message as current Kanye West does. Being controversial isn't a substitute for having quality work.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

P12 deputy commish explains the protocols to him like a child and Kelly doubles down at 3:55. Give this guy his well deserved participation trophy and send him down the road.

Zaninovich said the AD's and Coaches unanimously agreed to 2 full practices. Tinkle before playing us said he was not excited to play and said he wasn't sure how they settled on 2 practices and any coach would agree they need more than 2. At 10:58:

Last edited by Jefe on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Good lord, what a terrible interview. Kelly didn't appear to do basic research, which led to him asking things like whether the guy oversees women's basketball too and how many practices are required to restart.

I guess I should give Kelly props for making a P12 higher up sound competent. That guy had him very far outclassed. He lays out their Covid protocol for reopening and why the game couldn't be moved and Kelly's comeback was "but I watched the game and it didn't seem fair." K.

I had to tap out midway through, but again, this is such a weird hill for Kelly to make a stand like this on.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Remember when David Kelly reported Marcel Yates was sitting next to Rich Rodriguez at a basketball game, but it turned out to just be a recruit's dad?

Good times.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Can someone buy Tinkle a tripod?

And what was up with Kelly superimposed over the KVOA logo?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:02 pm Good lord, what a terrible interview. Kelly didn't appear to do basic research, which led to him asking things like whether the guy oversees women's basketball too and how many practices are required to restart.

I guess I should give Kelly props for making a P12 higher up sound competent. That guy had him very far outclassed. He lays out their Covid protocol for reopening and why the game couldn't be moved and Kelly's comeback was "but I watched the game and it didn't seem fair." K.

I had to tap out midway through, but again, this is such a weird hill for Kelly to make a stand like this on.
Look at the local sportscasters in the Tucson market. Are any of them remotely decent? Do any of them produce any kind of relevant content that isn't already available online. Do they ever break stories? They are all irrelevant. All of them.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

zonagrad wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:40 am Look at the local sportscasters in the Tucson market. Are any of them remotely decent? Do any of them produce any kind of relevant content that isn't already available online. Do they ever break stories? They are all irrelevant. All of them.
Well, this calls for a question of what constitutes decent, and who has ever filled that role. My definition is a knowlegeable, competent, professional broadcaster who works hard to cover everything significant, rather than any complacent long-time "personality" who accepts the pay and circumstances of the #70 media market for security. So, I would say yes to long-time NBC sportscaster and Sabino and UArizona grad Dan Hicks, but that was for a short period of time, and it was over 30 years ago. I'm sure people have their favorites, but I'm not sure who I'd add to that. I do have to confess I haven't watched much local TV for quite a while.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

zonagrad wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:40 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:02 pm Good lord, what a terrible interview. Kelly didn't appear to do basic research, which led to him asking things like whether the guy oversees women's basketball too and how many practices are required to restart.

Look at the local sportscasters in the Tucson market. Are any of them remotely decent? Do any of them produce any kind of relevant content that isn't already available online. Do they ever break stories? They are all irrelevant. All of them.
It's just a reflection of the issues overall in news today. Controversy matters more than competence and the 24 hour cycle means having to stir things up when nothing really merits a story.

That's what I see in Kelly here. Nothing about this is new or different, but it seems like he's jumped on this issue to make some faux controversy to fill time. Pac Covid protocols are the same as they have been all year, and this is a year that's overall difficult for teams. Games are cancelled right and left so you can't effectively scout or get a rhythm.

It's just a tough year, and while OSU's situation isn't enviable, it's not being handled any differently than any other one. But, the 24 hour news cycle demands a controversial issue, so let's act like this is a big deal.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So....old fuck face hansen couldn't figure out how to unmute himself for the zoom press conference and therefore missed his opportunity to ask Aari a question

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/6NXL1NETlI0?t=2110
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

LMFAO!
-JB
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

:lol:

Perfect.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

He fell asleep. He should be fired.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Did you all see the video of the lawyer who had the cat face app on his computer when he was zooming in court?
He couldn’t get the cat face off and told the judge he wasn’t really a cat.
I imagine Hansen doing that.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Should merge this with the “Ok Boomer” thread.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

“Then it all changed. The American sporting public was introduced to Phi Slama Jama, “40 Minutes of Hell,” Tark, Lute, the Utes, Laettner-at-the-buzzer and the Zags.”

Had a good laugh at how Greg made sure he could sneak in his beloved Utah team in his article. They just don’t seem to fit
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

They don't fit. And if pressed, Pops could never make them fit.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Ugh. Hard to fathom somebody who can be so consistently naive and limited, but also so obstinate. I suppose it's not uncommon for somebody to reject a lifetime of evidence that they lack judgment and also reject any suggestions that they should moderate their comments. Nope; just full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes, and oops...heading fast toward that big waterfall again. And he's shot himself in the foot so many times through the years, I doubt he has any toes left. It's just odd that somebody like that would find long-term employment with a newspaper providing them with a megaphone. Not to digress too much from Greg desiring to be the center of attention, but this is regarding his stated opinion that Tennessee's attendance spooked Arizona the way BYU's attendance spooked good ol' Utah St. when Greg was their towel boy. Disregard stats or video evidence about any impact from officiating because, well everybody has some kind of credentials, and this is the story line he came up with...so that settles it. (For the record, it was far from the worst officiating I've ever seen, but it contributed a lot more to the loss than our players being intimidated by a bunch of hicks playing sing-a-long with John Denver.) Anyway, if I was so completely and totally obsessed with all things in the state of Utah that I worked it in to every other column I wrote while employed in another state, I guess it would be logical for people to wonder why the hell I didn't just move back there. Oh, well, I'm sure he's got plenty of money saved up for retirement, so we won't have to worry about him writing until he's 90. Right? Right?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Hey gets views by making the fans upset.
Credibility isn’t a requirement.
Just ask Look.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

A lot of people are blaming a poor start, turnovers or reffing. Only the innovators are wondering about agoraphobia.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It was awfully quiet at Tennessee during long stretches of the second half. Maybe Pops should check his hearing aid.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

I can't remember the article, but it about was about Arizona football and it referenced like 14 different years in the article that wasn't 2021 or 2022. It's just the same shit over and over.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Were most in the 70s?
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Let's put it this way, most years were before I was born (1986).
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Greg Hansen: As golf is consumed by Phil Mickelson's remarks, Bernhard Langer a welcome change
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Speaking of Greg Hansen anyone who wants a good laugh should read this article from 2020.........on Utah basketball

Hansen makes a not so good prediction

https://tucson.com/sports/greghansen/gr ... c7ebe.html
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I really think they pulled the plug to quick on Larry K. You look at Larsson and Plummer (at Illinois) along with a couple other guys that left and they had a pretty solid roster.

Maybe this guy can bring them back and I am not sure why they are not better. Decent history and they have fans (can’t call those fans good).

They can win any game they want except when they play us
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm I really think they pulled the plug to quick on Larry K. You look at Larsson and Plummer (at Illinois) along with a couple other guys that left and they had a pretty solid roster.

Maybe this guy can bring them back and I am not sure why they are not better. Decent history and they have fans (can’t call those fans good).

They can win any game they want except when they play us
Larsson, Plummer, and Allen (arguably the best player for Texas). Larry K was a good coach and he had a good roster going.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Thought they felt they deserved better which they don't and set the program back a decade. Good for us.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I always wondered why Utah was not ever better than they were, some years it was baffling. Wonder if it was coach K trying to play NBA ball with college kids and it not working out great because they didn't have many NBA players.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

TheCat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:49 pm Thought they felt they deserved better which they don't and set the program back a decade. Good for us.
They're the most annoying fan base in the conference for this reason: they think they're a big dog program and they're just a yappy little runt.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Utah fans are like if Scrappy Doo was racist
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

YoDeFoe wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:08 pm
TheCat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:49 pm Thought they felt they deserved better which they don't and set the program back a decade. Good for us.
They're the most annoying fan base in the conference for this reason: they think they're a big dog program and they're just a yappy little runt.
This. 100 percent.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:23 pm
an absolute asshat
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

How is that Tucson Tool still around??? I remember hating on him as far back as I can recall….back in the late 80’s with his hating on Lute……..Time for that tool to retire….the only good thing he’s done was his son Ben IMHO. BTFD
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Talk about a tin ear.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What the fuck is he even talking about?

If I need to know Utah high school legends, I’ll give Hansen a call. For everything else… yeah, nah.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:23 pm
Duh, he's not playing Doofenschmirtz!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

IrishAzCat wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:32 pm Image
Awesome Irish, as usual. Bear Down.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That tweet was so ridiculously funny!

He honestly did not understand what was happening
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

What a complete fucking idiot. Was he holed up in Utah the last couple of days?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Hansen running down Sean again in this Sunday column. Says that he would be right for a job if he changed his community involvement, his demeanor and got better at X's and O's. He is a fucking tool. Hate him and because if Arizona basketball coaches (Lute and Sean) don't agree with him or cater to him he criticizes them.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Hansen figured out why Arizona isn't in the F4 - it's because we have too many foreigners and transfers on the team. He conveniently left out that Duke is one of the youngest teams in the country.

Just a complete word vomit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

How is that guy still employed?
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:31 am How is that guy still employed?
I don't know but it probably rhymes with 'lextortion"
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Imagine Tommy Lloyd’s seven-man rotation stocked with players from Arizona and New Mexico, and Lloyd being able to spend more offseason time developing his players on campus, and with his wife and three children, than to spend much of the summer recruiting in Europe, scrolling the transfer portal, trying to keep up with Duke, Kansas and Carolina.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

SabinoDrifter wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:54 am
Imagine Tommy Lloyd’s seven-man rotation stocked with players from Arizona and New Mexico, and Lloyd being able to spend more offseason time developing his players on campus, and with his wife and three children, than to spend much of the summer recruiting in Europe, scrolling the transfer portal, trying to keep up with Duke, Kansas and Carolina.
He didn't really write that, did he? (I don't want to give him any clicks)

New Mexico?
-JB
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Yes, yes he did.