Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatFanOneMil

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by CatFanOneMil »

dmjcat wrote:Lawyers are expensive

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 120399002/" target="_blank
Holy Legeal Eagle Batman 1.7 Million:

"The bills account for 3,100 hours of legal work involving at least 15 lawyers and show the extent to which university officials have sought legal counsel since Arizona assistant men's basketball coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson was arrested last year in a widespread FBI investigation of alleged corruption in NCAA basketball."

Think about this another way...preventative accounting...between the revenue that we have lost by bad press, lost recruits, black-eye on the program and possible NCAA penalties the UofA would save approximately 200% of cost by simply paying assistants in a way that insured they reap the benefits of a successful CLEAN program...incentivize the hell out of assistants pay...but of course the NCAA probably has some sort of cap on what you can pay those guys.

Fuck the NCAA they have been fucking college sports for years they are the equivalent of child prostitution ring run by legislators.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I think it's pretty clear given your 2019 recruiting class, you're still cheating. So is USC and Louisville.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's rich coming from a KU fan.

Glass houses enflamo
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:I think it's pretty clear given your 2019 recruiting class, you're still cheating. So is USC and Louisville.
We cheated to get Tarc, too.
Last edited by Longhorned on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

enfuego wrote:I think it's pretty clear given your 2019 recruiting class, you're still cheating. So is USC and Louisville.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
HahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh you crack me up you Kansas fan you!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

C'mon, no one is on KU's level with cheating.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

KU will be punished worse than Az......mark it down.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I would like the official record keeper of this board to remember that it was my random question asking about Sean Miller that changed the course of history by being the impenitence for revealing that the stories from Machina about Sean Miller saying U of A fans caused a loss to ASU and was thereby an asshole were completely false and untrue. In turn a troll was destroyed and put in his place and this thread potentially turned from something that could destroy us all to something magical.

Where is rep when you need it
Hey now, I'd like to think I had something to do with it too.
You did as well, I wish I had a gif clip of Oprah saying "And you get rep, and you get rep, and you get rep!"
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Newportcat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I would like the official record keeper of this board to remember that it was my random question asking about Sean Miller that changed the course of history by being the impenitence for revealing that the stories from Machina about Sean Miller saying U of A fans caused a loss to ASU and was thereby an asshole were completely false and untrue. In turn a troll was destroyed and put in his place and this thread potentially turned from something that could destroy us all to something magical.

You did as well, I wish I had a gif clip of Oprah saying "And you get rep, and you get rep, and you get rep!"

Hey I'm the one who repeated the story as I remembered it that drew him out. No Oprah gif for me?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Back on topic (kinda) . . . we are on an ESPN network. Can’t wait until they bring this issue back up again after completely ignoring it when Kansas plays.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Back on topic (kinda) . . . we are on an ESPN network. Can’t wait until they bring this issue back up again after completely ignoring it when Kansas plays.
Not.One.Fucking.Peep.

Also no coach interviews...on a Sunday game when nothing else is going on...Miller sending a message and I have a suspicion that someone with some legal muscle has sent a message to ESPN...its about fucking time...especially considering that we now have the #1 class for next year and not a chance they get to talk to us...THATS a narrative other coaches and teams will see...not a good look for them.
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Hey I'm the one who repeated the story as I remembered it that drew him out. No Oprah gif for me?
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Back on topic (kinda) . . . we are on an ESPN network. Can’t wait until they bring this issue back up again after completely ignoring it when Kansas plays.
Not.One.Fucking.Peep.

Also no couch interviews...on a Sunday game when nothing else is going on...Miller sending a message and I have a suspicion that someone with some legal muscle has sent a message to ESPN...its about fucking time...especially considering that we now have the #1 class for next year and not a chance they get to talk to us...THATS a narrative other coaches and teams will see...not a good look for them.
What do you mean legal muscle sent a message?

I wonder if Heeke and Scott are letting MSPN know Miller isnt available at half or post game or if MSPN knows it will be bad so they arent trying
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

PHXCATS wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
Not.One.Fucking.Peep.

Also no couch interviews...on a Sunday game when nothing else is going on...Miller sending a message and I have a suspicion that someone with some legal muscle has sent a message to ESPN...its about fucking time...especially considering that we now have the #1 class for next year and not a chance they get to talk to us...THATS a narrative other coaches and teams will see...not a good look for them.

I wonder if Heeke and Scott are letting MSPN know Miller isnt available at half or post game or if MSPN knows it will be bad so they arent trying
Late in the game, the play by play guy said something about talking to the 20+ friends/family of Brandon Randolph and Seth Greenberg said something about "no one would talk with him". Definitely seemed to be a reference to Sean freezing out ESPN.

Greenberg has been one of the only ESPN guys to play it straight with the Cats. Walton called the Maui games. Wonder if Miller also has demanded that certain folks not call our games....
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

atlantakat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
Not.One.Fucking.Peep.

Late in the game, the play by play guy said something about talking to the 20+ friends/family of Brandon Randolph and Seth Greenberg said something about "no one would talk with him". Definitely seemed to be a reference to Sean freezing out ESPN.

Greenberg has been one of the only ESPN guys to play it straight with the Cats. Walton called the Maui games. Wonder if Miller also has demanded that certain folks not call our games....
Yeah Seth was one of the only ones talking real. I heard the same thing and thought it was weird because Seth has kept it real so I figured it was about something else.

Sean has as much say in who calls our games as we do
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

You know we can read the Phog right? lol. You fell off hard
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I think it is pretty clear that no program except maybe yours has more scrutiny on them right now, and we have carried that unfair weight for over a year now. And we have STILL, with the FBI and, likely, NCAA up our ass, pulled the #1 class.

In all reality, that validates Miller's past success more than any other observation from outside could. He pulled the #1 class with EVERYONE looking for something wrong. One illegal offer to a recruit that decides to go somewhere else, and it is front page news. One nice, new car. One anything that looks out of the ordinary.

No, son...this is about as good of evidence as you can get circumstantially that Miller just out-recruits everyone. He's outrunning the field with a 100lb backpack on.

Sometimes, respect is just due.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote: I have seen his press conferences after tourney losses blame himself and not his players
Exact opposite of Sumlin especially after the ASU game.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Are you saying cheating is bad?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SCCats wrote:
It's not cheating if you do it while wearing chaps.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SCCats wrote:
I think you missed the jealous tone of his post.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
So did bill self find Jesus? Or does he just suck at cheating... I mean recruiting?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Main Event wrote:
You know we can read the Phog right? lol. You fell off hard
You think I sugar coated that? :lol:
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
So did bill self find Jesus? Or does he just suck at cheating... I mean recruiting?
Clearly he's not very good at it, if he keeps losing recruits to UA.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Kansas fan accusing some other program of cheating is the real.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Maybe all things being equal, Arizona is simply a more desirable program and school than Kansas.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Maybe all his money men were busy with a federal trial.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
I just wanted him to look at the simple yes/no question and realize he can't answer it (which occurred; he demurred), because he knows what the next question is: What should happen to cheaters?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I doubt it succeeds, but attorneys for the assistant coaches file a motion to dismiss charges:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 9676972382" target="_blank
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... co-mannion" target="_blank

Q&A with five-star Nico Mannion

EB: There were some negative headlines for Arizona over the last year. What did Sean Miller and his staff do to make you feel comfortable?

NM: Me and my dad asked questions. We asked the head of compliance and we were comfortable with all of the answers we heard. So I wasn’t really worried about it with what we got for answers. I was comfortable with the decision. I know there was a lot of noise going on around outside of it and I’m not really going to speak on that. I know what’s real, so I’m not worried.

EB: From talking with other players, it seems like they got out in front of it, is that right?

NM: Yeah for sure. Anytime something happened, they were the first to call and let us know that they weren’t hiding anything That was big in gaining that trust.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Any potential sanctions still a ways off

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-president ... 37017.html" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Jefe wrote:https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... co-mannion

Q&A with five-star Nico Mannion

EB: There were some negative headlines for Arizona over the last year. What did Sean Miller and his staff do to make you feel comfortable?

NM: Me and my dad asked questions. We asked the head of compliance and we were comfortable with all of the answers we heard. So I wasn’t really worried about it with what we got for answers. I was comfortable with the decision. I know there was a lot of noise going on around outside of it and I’m not really going to speak on that. I know what’s real, so I’m not worried.

EB: From talking with other players, it seems like they got out in front of it, is that right?

NM: Yeah for sure. Anytime something happened, they were the first to call and let us know that they weren’t hiding anything That was big in gaining that trust.
Koloko just forgotten in that interview. Sad face.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Mark Few wants blood.............like right now:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gonzaga- ... 57540.html" target="_blank
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

dmjcat wrote:Mark Few wants blood.............like right now:

Be careful with that holier than thou shit Mark. That usually comes back to haunt you...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat wrote:

Be careful with that holier than thou shit Mark. That usually comes back to haunt you...
He took on Kyle Wiltjer, who initially played at Kentucky. That should speak to exactly how far the separation is between the "good" and "bad" programs.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:

He took on Kyle Wiltjer, who initially played at Kentucky. That should speak to exactly how far the separation is between the "good" and "bad" programs.
Like we all have said - EVERYONE does it (i.e. paying players).

It's just some programs are better at distancing themselves from the hypocracy.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Yes let's punish every one without having all the evidence yet. You're a genius Mark.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Ya know...the only people claiming "everyone cheats on their taxes" are people who cheat on their taxes...

I remain unconvinced that this is a systemic system wide problem...NO ONE has provided any real proof...its basketballs version of a conspiracy theory to believe that EVERYONE PAYS PLAYERS TO COME TO THEIR PROGRAM...

Nonsense.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Ya know...the only people claiming "everyone cheats on their taxes" are people who cheat on their taxes...

I remain unconvinced that this is a systemic system wide problem...NO ONE has provided any real proof...its basketballs version of a conspiracy theory to believe that EVERYONE PAYS PLAYERS TO COME TO THEIR PROGRAM...

Nonsense.
I actually think there are very few programs directly paying players.

I know for a fact though that players get influenced/directed to attend certain programs by shady people, and that big money is most definitely involved in that influence/direction. It’s just not coming from the coaches or schools. But that doesn’t mean programs aren’t involved with the aforementioned shady people...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Ya know...the only people claiming "everyone cheats on their taxes" are people who cheat on their taxes...

Nonsense.
That's what the FBI trial was about, and they were found guilty. Guilty verdicts are rooted in some real proof.

Chicat is right that it's more about influence peddling than schools directly paying players. The shoe companies and in betweens handle the business so schools don't need to. That's the conduct people were found guilty of.

As far as who does it, Adidas drops money to persuade Ayton to go to Kansas. Does anyone think Nike or Under Armor would never get in that game? Brian Bowen gets 150k. Does anyone think other top prospects just don't?

I don't know how anyone denies the system after guilty verdicts.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Nonsense.
That's what the FBI trial was about, and they were found guilty. Guilty verdicts are rooted in some real proof.

Chicat is right that it's more about influence peddling than schools directly paying players. The shoe companies and in betweens handle the business so schools don't need to. That's the conduct people were found guilty of.

As far as who does it, Adidas drops money to persuade Ayton to go to Kansas. Does anyone think Nike or Under Armor would never get in that game? Brian Bowen gets 150k. Does anyone think other top prospects just don't?

I never said it wasn't a problem, I suggested it is NOT system wide, or systemic...not everyone does it...not every shoe company does it,not every coach does it...this was in response to a handful of people suggesting Mark Few was out of his lane with his comments...but Few is probably a good example of why it is not system wide...so he is a "Black Swan" his program proves the negative.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Nonsense.

I never said it wasn't a problem, I suggested it is NOT system wide, or systemic...not everyone does it...not every shoe company does it,not every coach does it...this was in response to a handful of people suggesting Mark Few was out of his lane with his comments...but Few is probably a good example of why it is not system wide...so he is a "Black Swan" his program proves the negative.
There are 350 Div 1 teams so I'm sure the Deleware State's and Monmouth's of the world aren't partaking.

But to assume Gonzaga, which transformed from a March Madness Cinderella story to a perennial Top Ten powerhouse, is somehow squeaky clean compared to the rest of the elite teams is just naive.

Or maybe Spokane and the basketball whisperer Few are just so irresistible that top talent can't say no.

:roll:
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Nonsense.

Yada, yada, yada....

Whoever DOES do it deserves to be caught, outed and to receive the consequences appropriate to the rules violation.

Period.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

EastCoastCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Nonsense.

There are 350 Div 1 teams so I'm sure the Deleware State's and Monmouth's of the world aren't partaking.

But to assume Gonzaga, which transformed from a March Madness Cinderella story to a perennial Top Ten powerhouse, is somehow squeaky clean compared to the rest of the elite teams is just naive.

Or maybe Spokane and the basketball whisperer Few are just so irresistible that top talent can't say no.

:roll:

So much bullshit and pessimism...

Here's the deal, someone show me some damn EVIDENCE that Gonzaga has ANY kind of cheating going on...ANY evidence...

This is my problem with the narrative, a lot of you guys are saying "EVERYONE DOES IT, THEY JUST DON'T GET CAUGHT" but that like saying:

"I almost saw Bigfoot, therefore I know he exists"

Can someone, ANYONE even offer one shred of evidence that Mark few is cheating?

Why is it considered uninspired to assume that Catholic coach at a Catholic University follows the damn rules and lives his life outside of the money train game?

I've heard Few say the reason he stays at Gonzaga is because he loves to fly-fish and leaving would mean he couldn't do that, why do we assume that is not the truth and reveals his basic motivation is NOT money?

Until someone shows me real proof outside of the current NCAA fiasco that has only implicated a HANDFUL of the 360 teams out there, I will not be joining your crazy tin-foil conspiracy club...you keep believing in Bigfoot and tell me when you actually get a real picture on your own damn phone.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gonzaga recruits the same players as Arizona, Kentucky and the other powers. Those players were implicated in the FBI investigation.

I think it's getting deep in denial to say Arizona and Zaga recruit from the same pool of players and all the dirty ones go here and the clean ones go there. Zaga wanted Brandon Williams, as we did. Again, thile issue isn't the school paying the player, it's the other sources paying and steering.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Schools haven't had to pay players since the shoe companies figured things out.

Head coaches certainly don't do that so if Few is clean you can say the same of Miller I believe.

Few wants this done and out of the headlines. As long as it drags on the more it hurts the college game. Or he might be thinking that if the NCAA grows a pair it might bust some schools that the zags compete with for elite players and they would gain an advantage
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 wrote:Schools haven't had to pay players since the shoe companies figured things out.

Head coaches certainly don't do that so if Few is clean you can say the same of Miller I believe.

Few wants this done and out of the headlines. As long as it drags on the more it hurts the college game. Or he might be thinking that if the NCAA grows a pair it might bust some schools that the zags compete with for elite players and they would gain an advantage
That's the real reason. I mean at Zeke Nnaji coming here instead of Kansas. Look at what we had to deal with last year. Kids don't want to deal with all the bullshit in the media. If they can get the same thing to play at Gonzaga as Kansas, but not have to be bothered by anything except cold weather and ugly chicks, that's gonna be appealing.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

prh wrote:. . . but not have to be bothered by anything except cold weather and ugly chicks, that's gonna be appealing.
It took me awhile to figure out which institution you were referring to here . . .
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Kansas
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

PennZona20 wrote:Same. XXL and tell me where to send the $
I've mailed out all the shirts but still have yours. Check your PMs!