Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Re: Big Mouth Just Doubles Down, Naturally

Post by TheCat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:36 pm He's just a loudmouth from New Jersey. Kind of like the old SNL Joe Piscopo bit about the loud "I'm from Jersey" guy. He built one small-time college team once, completely flopped in a short stint the NBA, and then bailed to ESPN because it was all too stressful for him. It doesn't matter if he's had any personal tragedies in his life, or if he's done something good for the V Foundation or anybody else. If you live long enough, most people have some tragedies and do some good things. But, when you stick your nose into things you know nothing about and cause people distress, and then refuse to admit you could possibly ever be mistaken, you deserve criticism. He's 80, he's over-ripe, it's over, and it's time for him to bow out of public life.
He is doubling down again. It is time for him to die not bow out of public life.
TheCat

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by TheCat »

Miller sat out a game in 2018 after ESPN reported that he was heard on an FBI wiretap discussing a $100,000 payment to future No. 1 overall NBA pick Deandre Ayton. Miller vehemently denied the report and university President Robert C. Robbins announced a few days later that Miller would remain the Wildcats' coach.

So was any of your reporting accurate you one eyed trouser trout.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I understand the frustration, and would love for Miller to sue ESPN. But even though Miller has a great case, is it worth the time and energy to pursue a case? And to what end. To prove what the IARP already has proven? That Miller was as much a victim in this case, and wasn't the problem.

The FBI case is dead. The IARP case is dead. Sometimes, even though we'd like to have a sense of justice and punish those who did us harm like ESPN, it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. The court of public opinion has long convicted Miller of paying Ayton, and there minds aren't ever going to change, even though there is no evidence of payment. The FBI charged Book, but never Miller nor Ayton, and the NCAA never charged anyone with payments to Ayton. If the evidence existed, these would have happened. Miller knows this. Us Arizona fans know this. And for all of us, this needs to be enough.

In the end, Miller seems to be happy back at Xavier. We're happy with Lloyd. Miller will move forward and let's hope he finally gets his Final Four. Hope we get a few more too.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

So in the end, they concluded the 2 assistants acted as lone gunman. Miller wasn't sanctioned. Nothing direct on him ever came out in evidence to link him to the allegations. The program did do some bad though and got some additional light sanctions, plus time served. 5 years it took. There was blood.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Macho Grande wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:02 pm Image
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:23 pm
Hey Dick,
Do you do any fucking research at all about what you spout off? Here is the NCAA bi-law that he is talking about: Pursuant to Bylaw 11.1.2.1, a head coach is presumed to have knowledge of what is occurring in his program and therefore, can be responsible for the actions of his staff and individuals
associated with the program. In other words, if an allegation of Bylaw 11.1.2.1 is made against a
head coach, then the coach must rebut the presumption that he had knowledge of what was
occurring in his program and show that he did in fact set a proper tone of compliance and
reasonably monitored the activities of his program.

According to the investigators that is EXACTLY what Sean proved.

You guys need to read the 110 replies on Twitter....unless it was all you who wrote them. LOL
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Look at you crying Dick.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Could we just lock these two threads after tonight? It's over now and clearly Sean doesn't give a fuck.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:18 pm
Gonna have to disagree with Dick on that one. We definitely ended up with a better coach than Xavier did in all this. Tommy is already better at running an offense, and it isn't even close. Seems to have more of a knack for player development than Sean ever did as well.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

We should just delete like nothing ever happened because in reality, nothing really happened after they looked at it
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Best of luck to CSM, but that chapter of UA hoops is over. Let's move forward. Tommy is 42-5, the team is playing together and everybody seems to be developing. Highly entertaining brand of basketball. What's not to love?
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

So Hansen was on radio today and said that Book (he didn’t call him Look today) flat out said CSM was aware of everything.
Personally, I find it hard to believe that. From everything we hear, CSM is very much about the players. I don’t see him being OK with a scheme to steer kids to certain financial guys so Book could make some side cash.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Postmaster wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:38 pm So Hansen was on radio today .
There’s another old asshole who needs to retire and shut up. I can’t believe he’d go BACK on the radio to spread more unsubstantiated bullshit but I guess since he didn’t get fired the first time for it, anything goes now.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:55 am
There’s another old asshole who needs to retire and shut up. I can’t believe he’d go BACK on the radio to spread more unsubstantiated bullshit but I guess since he didn’t get fired the first time for it, anything goes now.
How do you know Book didn’t tell him that?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:05 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:55 am
How do you know Book didn’t tell him that?
How can you believe anything he says, especially about talking to Book? :lol:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Fuck Hansen. I knew he was a fraud my freshman year at UA.

I am just asking how you know he is lying this time
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Because Hansen said this " Book Richardson did not speak to me about anything." see the quote above your post. So was he lying then or now? And if Book told him that he would have done what any responsible journalist would do and report it. Hansen is a POS and hated Sean because worse than not kissing his ring he DISMISSED him.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Postmaster wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:38 pm So Hansen was on radio today and said that Book (he didn’t call him Look today) flat out said CSM was aware of everything.
Personally, I find it hard to believe that. From everything we hear, CSM is very much about the players. I don’t see him being OK with a scheme to steer kids to certain financial guys so Book could make some side cash.
Yes and I believe every fucking felon without collaborating any of the info. WHY would Sean approve of book making money by steering players to a financial advisor after their eligibility was up? Book also said Sean paid Ayton 100,000. FBI looked at his accounts, Arizona looked at his accounts, NCAA looked at his accounts and NOTHING. First I dont believe Book ever said that and two how was Sean benefitting. Hansen has proved he is a lying SOB
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:21 am Fuck Hansen. I knew he was a fraud my freshman year at UA.

I am just asking how you know he is lying this time
I didn’t say I know he’s lying. I called his reporting “more unsubstantiated bullshit” and until I see where Book actually did say those things on the record I will continue to think of anything Hansen says on this topic as unsubstantiated bullshit.

Now would you like an explanation of why I check my kid’s room after he tells me he cleaned it up? You ask weird questions and make weird demands my man.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

arizonawildcats wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:33 pm Could we just lock these two threads after tonight? It's over now and clearly Sean doesn't give a fuck.
Yes Please

Stick a fork in it already.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

I’m stunned/not stunned/stunned again that this all collapsed into this nothingness.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I think his twitter comment was a cover up because his Phx radio interview was made up or, more likely a breach of trust because book was under court order or legal advise not to talk.
I wouldn’t doubt Book said stuff that was untrue. Both to Hansen and the agent guy re Ayton. He seems like a guy who would work any angle.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Just in case anyone has forgotten just how badly ESPN/Schlabach screwed up the Miller/UA story
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think you can see the damage that ESPN did to Ariz and Sean by reading the comments above. No one cares that Ayton was signed months before the wiretaps even started. Five minutes of checking and this would have never happened. If you recall Yahoo sports was killing them with scoops at the time and they just jumped the gun.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TheCat wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:06 pm I think you can see the damage that ESPN did to Ariz and Sean by reading the comments above. No one cares that Ayton was signed months before the wiretaps even started. Five minutes of checking and this would have never happened. If you recall Yahoo sports was killing them with scoops at the time and they just jumped the gun.
100%. Yahoo beat espn to the punch on Michigan State earlier that day. I bet that played a major role in this.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

What a hypocritic piece of shit.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:27 am What a hypocritic piece of shit.
Yep - always having to be on the winning team. He has no choice but root for the top Big East Team. Wonder what he will do when Xavier meets Arizona in the Final Four? :o
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Wow the Twitter mob is on him.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Irish27 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:46 am
You're not fooling anyone you POS.

Here is the rumor I think I will float.

Dickie V as repeatedly stated that 100% all monies given to the Jimmy V foundation go to cancer research. After reviewing their 501(c)3 tax records that is completely untrue. Money was made by Dicky V for promotional consideration and also ESPN for air time in solicitating money for the cause. Please do not give any money to the Jimmy V foundation and instead give it to St Jude Children Hospital or the National Cancer institute until this discrepancy is resolved.

Now I just need it to go viral......
Maybe Dickie V will get it when he sees how unsubstantiated allegations can alter your life's work.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

The whole thing sounds like it was a fishing expedition that bordered on entrapment. And ultimately ended with the lead agent facing charges of his own.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

So, Jay Bilas has predicted the entire field - and chosen the future NCAA Champion!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... tournament

Jay Bilas picks every single game in the 2023 NCAA men's basketball tournament
Final Four

National semifinal: ARIZONA vs. DUKE

A rematch of the 2001 national championship game, and a contest full of great big guys. Duke's defense is better, but Arizona's offense is better. Kerr Kriisa needs to handle Duke's pressure in order to win. If Duke stays on the same trajectory, Duke should win. But Arizona can cause Duke problems, and I think they will. Winner: Arizona.

National semifinal: TEXAS vs. UCONN

In the Year of the Big Man, UConn's big men should be the difference. UConn looked like a title team in November after being overlooked in the preseason polls. UConn still looks the same and received a favorable draw. By the Elite Eight, that favorable draw is over. The Texas big men are vastly improved, especially Dylan Disu, but UConn has Sanogo inside and Hawkins outside. UConn wins and sets up a date with Arizona in Houston. Winner: UConn.

National championship

No No. 5 seed has ever won the national championship, or so Rece Davis told me on the Dirty Dog in between spine-rattling screams on the Screaming Baby Express from Greensboro to Bristol. I am going with Davis' wisdom ... or maybe it was the guitar-playing cowboy that told me that?! No matter, Arizona will win the Pac-12's first national championship since 1997, when Arizona won it under Lute Olson. Winner: Arizona.
Whatdya think???
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:51 am So, Jay Bilas has predicted the entire field - and chosen the future NCAA Champion!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... tournament

Jay Bilas picks every single game in the 2023 NCAA men's basketball tournament
Final Four

National semifinal: ARIZONA vs. DUKE

A rematch of the 2001 national championship game, and a contest full of great big guys. Duke's defense is better, but Arizona's offense is better. Kerr Kriisa needs to handle Duke's pressure in order to win. If Duke stays on the same trajectory, Duke should win. But Arizona can cause Duke problems, and I think they will. Winner: Arizona.

National semifinal: TEXAS vs. UCONN

In the Year of the Big Man, UConn's big men should be the difference. UConn looked like a title team in November after being overlooked in the preseason polls. UConn still looks the same and received a favorable draw. By the Elite Eight, that favorable draw is over. The Texas big men are vastly improved, especially Dylan Disu, but UConn has Sanogo inside and Hawkins outside. UConn wins and sets up a date with Arizona in Houston. Winner: UConn.

National championship

No No. 5 seed has ever won the national championship, or so Rece Davis told me on the Dirty Dog in between spine-rattling screams on the Screaming Baby Express from Greensboro to Bristol. I am going with Davis' wisdom ... or maybe it was the guitar-playing cowboy that told me that?! No matter, Arizona will win the Pac-12's first national championship since 1997, when Arizona won it under Lute Olson. Winner: Arizona.
Whatdya think???
It makes me nervous...and excited.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I think Bilas is a smug piece of shit.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

He is not to be trusted, he has Duke in the championship game. Which obviously will never happen
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Interesting, although not sure how much CSM has to do with the TBT team.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What is a TBT team?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

https://thetournament.com/tbt/teams/

Looks like some sort of alumni tournament.

Mark Lyons is on the Xavier team btw. Lol.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

How are people just now hearing about this tournament???

It’s been going on for years and is perfect timing for the sports lull in the summer before football starts back up.

Kyle Fogg has won maybe 4 times in this tournament and a multiple time MVP. (He no longer plays in this tourney)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

DWill, Brandon Randolph, Rawle Alkins and others too.

$1M cash prize for the winning team.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I got it. Just didn’t recognize it was with the acronym TBT. Guess that is throw back team. Lyon’s repping X makes sense given his years there and Miller there now
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:44 pm I’m got it. Just didn’t recognize it was with the acronym TBT. Guess that throw back team. Lynn’s repping X makes sense given his years there and Miller there now
The Basketball Tournament
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

How there isn't an ex-Wildcat squad is surprising.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Has there been a bigger joke in college sports than the IARP? LOL at this Kansas ruling.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Weren’t there actual text transcripts from Bill to one of the show guys asking for more money for players? Or did I remember that wrong?