Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:48 am The NCAA is still trying to extract information from Book

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/coll ... story.html
Just put him on a body bug and he'll say whatever.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 am That article is from 18 months ago.
Yeah wtf? Was the upcoming sanctions on your mind dmj and you just googled Book?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Why do I have this sinking feeling something will "happen" while we are going through this wonderful season.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:00 am Why do I have this sinking feeling something will "happen" while we are going through this wonderful season.
Nah, we're good. This offseason is when it'll go down.
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:28 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:00 am Why do I have this sinking feeling something will "happen" while we are going through this wonderful season.
Nah, we're good. This offseason is when it'll go down.
Any feelings/predictions on what our punishment will look like? What are the odds of any additional postseason bans? I can live with losing a scholarship and/or probation. I’d hate to see Lloyd’s great start to his tenure be derailed by a future postseason ban and its impact on another recruiting cycle.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

way too much good will at Arizona nationally right now for something harsh - as much as it might be a stroke of luck or a blind squirrel or whatever the case, the Lloyd hire and the squeaky clean appearance and/or approach that has come with him has paid off for the university and program along of course with his resounding, immediate success.

AZ has hung its hat on the removal and extraction of a self diagnosed cancer claiming immediate culpability. chicken shit at the time and chicken shit now but fast forward, im also not naïve enough to think its hasnt benefited AZ in this case, at this time, as things have fallen almost serendipitously for a hard slap on the wrist.

look for scholarships and probation, i do not believe there will be any future bans.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Yep this...lets not forget the NCAA today is not the all-powerful-man-behind-the-curtain it used to be...the last thing the NCAA wants is more bad press and to levy any huge penalty on a team that fired the guy in question, imposed its own post season ban and pretty much co-operated with the investigation (as opposed to other schools who are defiantly unaffected and basically said "FUCK YOU" to the NCAA, looking at YOU Jayhawks) ESPECIALLY when said school is doing so well in all the polls would come across as a definite hit job...

The NCAA cannot afford to do anything very penal right now...they will wait until its quiet, the y don't want the attention in this metric right now or schools will start resisting even more.

Lets not forget their grip is slipping.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:22 pm way too much good will at Arizona nationally right now for something harsh - as much as it might be a stroke of luck or a blind squirrel or whatever the case, the Lloyd hire and the squeaky clean appearance and/or approach that has come with him has paid off for the university and program along of course with his resounding, immediate success.

AZ has hung its hat on the removal and extraction of a self diagnosed cancer claiming immediate culpability. chicken shit at the time and chicken shit now but fast forward, im also not naïve enough to think its hasnt benefited AZ in this case, at this time, as things have fallen almost serendipitously for a hard slap on the wrist.

look for scholarships and probation, i do not believe there will be any future bans.
This.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Sean Miller to Miss St rumors are starting to build some steam.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Macho Grande wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:59 am Sean Miller to Miss St rumors are starting to build some steam.
Talk about bottom of the barrel to get your career back on track. Mississippi would be the last state where I would want to live. And that is saying something growing up in Indiana.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Macho Grande wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:59 am Sean Miller to Miss St rumors are starting to build some steam.
Yeah it'll be interesting if it does happen. They did hire Leach recently so controversy isn't going to hold 'em back.

Wonder how Miller does if he keeps his packline and "do what we do" in a much tougher conference top to bottom with less talent.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Doesn't feel like the right fit. I would think a program back east like a Seton Hall or Maryland (Lol).
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Hard to see Miller getting an NCAA gig anywhere until the NCAA IARP ruling is out. The NCAA could essentially ban him from coaching for a period of time. Any school thinking of hiring him would probably want to wait to see where the IARP investigation/NCAA penalties end up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NC State's Gottfried was given a one year show cause penalty for failure to monitor the assistant Early by the IARP, so not sure how close the cases are, but any NCAA program will certainly have to wait for the IARP report.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Nah. Wrong shoe company.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

AZ's former coach replacing UCLA's would be a weird irony.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Interesting article about Merl Code. Sean Miller is mentioned, but little to no dirt about him or Arizona in the article. Zion, on the other hand...

https://www.si.com/college/2022/02/14/n ... rian-bowen
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:35 am Nah. Wrong shoe company.
:lol:
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Frickin SEC don't care, they got all the rules breakers there, ESPN won't say boo about it, they'll probably laud the decision to pick him up, we'll see how fast Dickie v turns and toes the company line, We love the SEC! Theyre the best conference with the most money, Baby!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The SEC wasn’t called the Dirty Dozen for nuthin.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Miss St is a bad fit. Sean and Amy are not blood relatives.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:46 pm Frickin SEC don't care, they got all the rules breakers there, ESPN won't say boo about it, they'll probably laud the decision to pick him up, we'll see how fast Dickie v turns and toes the company line, We love the SEC! Theyre the best conference with the most money, Baby!!
Dick had vocal chord surgery today. If it didn't kill him I hope he can never talk again. He is a POS.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:42 am Interesting article about Merl Code. Sean Miller is mentioned, but little to no dirt about him or Arizona in the article. Zion, on the other hand...

I haven't followed this case closely the last couple of years, however, it certainly seems the FBI completely overplayed their hand or were convinced this would get them some big scalps like Miller, Wade, Self, etc. It seems it was a handful of assistant coaches who saw some promotional opportunities and the ability to make some fast money with a bunch of people at adidas and Nike and agents that had very inflated egos about their level of influence.

Just an unbelievable waste of time, money and resources.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SabinoDrifter wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:56 am
AzCatFan2 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:42 am Interesting article about Merl Code. Sean Miller is mentioned, but little to no dirt about him or Arizona in the article. Zion, on the other hand...

I haven't followed this case closely the last couple of years, however, it certainly seems the FBI completely overplayed their hand or were convinced this would get them some big scalps like Miller, Wade, Self, etc. It seems it was a handful of assistant coaches who saw some promotional opportunities and the ability to make some fast money with a bunch of people at adidas and Nike and agents that had very inflated egos about their level of influence.

Just an unbelievable waste of time, money and resources.
And poor Mark Schlabach had to go into Witness Protection.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:40 pm
U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:46 pm Frickin SEC don't care, they got all the rules breakers there, ESPN won't say boo about it, they'll probably laud the decision to pick him up, we'll see how fast Dickie v turns and toes the company line, We love the SEC! Theyre the best conference with the most money, Baby!!
Dick had vocal chord surgery today. If it didn't kill him I hope he can never talk again. He is a POS.
I've hated Dukie (Lute's term!) with a passion since the 2nd LSU Shaq game and still do.

However, he did put UA #2 on his ballot this week ahead of Auburn. Even Columbo Pascoe had UA 3rd.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:19 am
TheCat wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:40 pm
I've hated Dukie (Lute's term!) with a passion since the 2nd LSU Shaq game and still do.

However, he did put UA #2 on his ballot this week ahead of Auburn. Even Columbo Pascoe had UA 3rd.
The reason is game day is here Saturday. He is a POS.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When you hear a report about someone caught shitting on DukieV’s grave, just pretend you don’t know me.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Sean Miller on Torres podcast today said "Arizona issues WILL be closed and dealt with in the offseason and EVERYONE can move on after that"...

He basically said the whole FBI thing will be dealt with in this upcoming offseason and CLOSED then and all information can come out...basiclly said you can bank on it.

I get the feeling he knows some things few other people know and probably let Tommy know before he got here what exactly he would face once the rubber hit the road...I have the feeling Miller was sacrificed to the NCAA gods and at this point I'm kinda ok with it because the packline nonsense was getting frustrating to live with...all that talent served undercooked made watching games inedible.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Snitch mentality….
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Least surprising thing ever. Wait til Bilas doubles down tomorrow.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

its just so predictable and lazy by ESPN
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Irish27 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:58 pm
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

If the Scandal is brought up at all tomorrow, All bets are off and those in attendance should standup and leave the arena with no explanation.

But that will never happen, because most of them probably don't even know who Ayton or Book is, let alone there was a scandal and the issues with ESPN. (Although I would hope they would know).
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Seth and all his kind can not admit he made a grave error that damaged someone's career. The damage they did to Miller and Arizona is real. They better be careful because Sean Miller is no longer a public figure and they are hampering his chances at further employment. They are all POS in my book.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MountainCat wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:27 pm If the Scandal is brought up at all tomorrow,
… it will be all about how Sean Miller screwed himself and the program.

There will be zero discussion of their role in almost destroying our program with a totally bogus claim, and they’ll all sit there smugly as if because CSM is no longer the coach that they were right all along.

If Heeke had even one testicle he would have told ESPN thanks, but no thanks. Find another school to do Gameday at and leave us the fuck alone.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

This is another way Larry Scott screwed the PAC.
We are in need of national exposure so we have to cow toe to crap like this.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:58 pm This is another way Larry Scott screwed the PAC.
We are in need of national exposure so we have to cow toe to crap like this.
"Cow Toe" - RFOTFLMAO!!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Autocorrect for "kowtow"? Although I think "cow toe" is fantastic.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Cow toe, hoof, whatever
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I used to think you "cow down" to someone. It made sense to me as a mental image of submission. If a wolf gets into the pasture, a cow goes down.

But I guess cow toe makes more sense when think about it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:17 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowtow
Nope. From now on, it's cow toe.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Let's just settle on camel toe. Agreed?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bear down on camel toe.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

There is a tow truck company in Tucson called “Camel Towing”.

I’m sticking with cow toe.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Man I'll be happy when this thread stops drawing posts.