'17/18 Polls

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

'17/18 Polls

Post by Jefe »

AZ #5 is USA Today PreSeason Coaches Poll. 2 first place votes

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/ba ... ches-poll/" target="_blank

Big thanks to Idaho St's Bill Evans who didn't vote for us due to the FBI investigation

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 775673001/" target="_blank
“What really prompted me to do this is my son and I go over the poll,” Evans said. “He’s 12, and we talk about (the poll) every week. I think I was sending him a little bit of a message, too. … I’m not throwing any of those schools under the bus. I did my poll early, about when those things came to light, and I told him, ‘I’m not going to vote for those guys.’
“When I voted, I think maybe I was being ‘rebel for a day,’ ” Evans said. “And as I sit back and reflect, I wonder if that might not have been fair because I think it’s not just these schools.”
ASUHATER!

Re: '17/18 Polls

Post by ASUHATER! »

If the investigation wasn't happening and Rawle wasn't hurt we'd be 1 or 2
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Fake news.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Idaho State is not a real school.

Heh......
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Can we add Idaho State and drop NAU from the schedule? And then beat them by 70!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If the Idaho state had U of A anywhere but first or second it would not have changed anything
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:If the Idaho state had U of A anywhere but first or second it would not have changed anything
“The” Idaho State? I had no idea they were so prestigious.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:If the Idaho state had U of A anywhere but first or second it would not have changed anything
“The” Idaho State? I had no idea they were so prestigious.

You've never heard of TISU?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Sounds like we need to get those boys on a nonconference schedule. 6-26 last year? Good lord.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Preseason ranking is a fun discussion topic but virtually irrelevant. We're among a small group who can win it all this year. That's all you need to know. Reg season goals should be: undefeated OOC season, Pac title, #1 seed in the West, completely healthy by March.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

the ncaa will pry the trophy from our cold dead hands
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

scumdevils86 wrote:the ncaa will pry the trophy from our cold dead hands
I doubt it. If any of our current players have questionable status, they won't be on the court this season. So far, it's looking like everyone's good to go. So if we actually do win a title this year, it's going to be legit. If it comes out later that we started the 2017-18 season knowing some guys were questionable, and we did nothing about it, then it's on us. I want a title as bad as everyone else, but I don't want the program damaged worse than it already has been.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

win it all. if they say our season was somehow tainted after the fact, oh well. we still won it on the court.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Jefe wrote:AZ #5 is USA Today PreSeason Coaches Poll. 2 first place votes

Big thanks to Idaho St's Bill Evans who didn't vote for us due to the FBI investigation

“What really prompted me to do this is my son and I go over the poll,” Evans said. “He’s 12, and we talk about (the poll) every week. I think I was sending him a little bit of a message, too. … I’m not throwing any of those schools under the bus. I did my poll early, about when those things came to light, and I told him, ‘I’m not going to vote for those guys.’
“When I voted, I think maybe I was being ‘rebel for a day,’ ” Evans said. “And as I sit back and reflect, I wonder if that might not have been fair because I think it’s not just these schools.”
Does that factor in the mystery 2 on UA's roster?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Jefe wrote:AZ #5 is USA Today PreSeason Coaches Poll. 2 first place votes

Does that factor in the mystery 2 on UA's roster?
Mystery poop?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

KenPom is out

Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

KenPom predicts Arizona to go 15-3 in the Pac-12, and win it by two games.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Statfreak77 wrote:KenPom predicts Arizona to go 15-3 in the Pac-12, and win it by two games.
As much as I'd like to think we'll go undefeated, this seems plausible given all the unexpected shit that seems to happen to us..
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I don't know. We don't have to play at USC or UCLA. I'm happy as long as we win the Pac, but I could easily see us ending up with 2 or fewer losses.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

A1RZONA wrote:
Statfreak77 wrote:KenPom predicts Arizona to go 15-3 in the Pac-12, and win it by two games.
As much as I'd like to think we'll go undefeated, this seems plausible given all the unexpected shit that seems to happen to us..
You mean like Oregon making what seemingly felt like 30 three pointers against Arizona last year?
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

gumby

Post by gumby »

A1RZONA wrote:ESPN top 25

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... r-rankings" target="_blank

AZ #2
And SC is No. 6. UCLA is No. 21.

A&M is 25. Alabama just outside 25 (he said this on Twitter).
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Insider: Picking Arizona Wildcats No. 1

Doug Haller, azcentral sports Published 5:56 p.m. MT Oct. 31, 2017 | Updated 5:58 p.m. MT Oct. 31, 2017

Arizona is one of the leading actors in the ongoing college basketball scandal. The Wildcats already have lost an assistant coach and a top recruit. They may lose more.

And they still might have the nation’s best team.

The preseason AP Top 25 drops Wednesday. This is my fourth year voting in the poll. I have the Wildcats No. 1 on my ballot. This wasn’t an easy decision. You easily could make a case for Duke, recently voted No. 1 in the USA Today coaches poll. Or Michigan State, which is so loaded coach Tom Izzo thinks this might be his best team.

I like Arizona.

The Wildcats have a nice blend of experience and incoming talent. Point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright, center Dusan Ristic and wing Allonzo Trier have played on Pac-12 championship teams. They understand how difficult it is and what it will take. In addition, sophomore Rawle Alkins – who might miss the non-conference season with a foot injury – is an all-conference caliber player.

Joining the program: Top 50 high school prospects Deandre Ayton, Brandon Randolph and Emmanuel Akot. Ayton might be the country’s best center. Randolph is a confident scorer. Akot is a skilled defender.
The unknown – a big one – is the FBI investigation. At minimum, it’s a distraction. At worst, it blows up the season. No one knows. But as long as Arizona keeps its current personnel, the guess here is coach Sean Miller convinces his team to take an “us-against-the-world” approach, which means the Wildcats will defend like hell.

That will make them tough to beat.
My Top 10

1. Arizona

2. Duke

3. Michigan State

4. Kansas

5. Kentucky

6. Wichita State

7. USC

8. Villanova

9. North Carolina

10. Florida
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 819649001/" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

We're in that small group of teams from which the national champ will emerge. We've never had a player like Ayton, and we've never had this kind of guard/wing depth (provided we're healthy). Should be a special season.
prh

Post by prh »

Duke #1 in AP, followed by MSU, UA, and Kansas.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... aight-year" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

prh wrote:Duke #1 in AP, followed by MSU, UA, and Kansas.

I don't trust this group of Duke's upperclassmen as much as some of their recent groups. Allen has talent, but I wonder how he's going to mesh with those freshmen. They're obviously the best team on paper, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them fall short of the FF, like so many loaded Duke teams have.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Beachcat97 wrote:

I don't trust this group of Duke's upperclassmen as much as some of their recent groups. Allen has talent, but I wonder how he's going to mesh with those freshmen. They're obviously the best team on paper, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them fall short of the FF, like so many loaded Duke teams have.
Duke I'm not buying (and not just as a Duke hater).

Duke's upperclassmen include... Allen. That's it. Oh and Vrank, he of 115 minutes in two years.

Duval isn't a traditional point guard or an outside shooter - he plays with the ball in his hands. Gary Trent Jr plays best with the ball in his hands. Grayson Allen plays best with the ball in his hands. There's one ball and these dudes just met. Chemistry and efficiency concerns.

Bagley is exceptional but is he a headcase? Duval similarly. Allen similarly. Who is the leader of this team? The angsty, loner senior? The asshole non-passing PG? Or the biggest man in the room Bagley who should be a High School senior? Again, chemistry concerns.

And who plays in the post beyond the two freshmen? Bolden, DeLaurier, and Vrank didn't look good last year. You only need one of those guys... unless there are fouls or injuries in which case you need two of three. Bolden you want to love for his recruiting rankings and size but he's played poorly in every opportunity given him (including the USA camp this past summer).

No I'm not buying Duke at all. Shit I like Notre Dame better than I like Duke.

MSU and UA are clear favorites. CIncy I like. Kansas I think has serious issues in the post. Kentucky is a crap shoot but I'm sure they'll win enough games. USC I like if they were coached by someone else. Nova I like. Wichita St I like for their continuity, depth, PG play and coaching.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A1RZONA wrote:
Without that southern california road trip, I think we go undefeated this conference season. Not really going out on a limb w that prediction, but yeah
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

rgdeuce wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:
Without that southern california road trip, I think we go undefeated this conference season. Not really going out on a limb w that prediction, but yeah
Man, I don't know...there have been other pretty damn good UA teams that have not gone undefeated in conference. There is always that one or two game hiccup that occurs. It just happens.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

Duke I'm not buying (and not just as a Duke hater).

Duke's upperclassmen include... Allen. That's it. Oh and Vrank, he of 115 minutes in two years.

Duval isn't a traditional point guard or an outside shooter - he plays with the ball in his hands. Gary Trent Jr plays best with the ball in his hands. Grayson Allen plays best with the ball in his hands. There's one ball and these dudes just met. Chemistry and efficiency concerns.

Bagley is exceptional but is he a headcase? Duval similarly. Allen similarly. Who is the leader of this team? The angsty, loner senior? The asshole non-passing PG? Or the biggest man in the room Bagley who should be a High School senior? Again, chemistry concerns.

And who plays in the post beyond the two freshmen? Bolden, DeLaurier, and Vrank didn't look good last year. You only need one of those guys... unless there are fouls or injuries in which case you need two of three. Bolden you want to love for his recruiting rankings and size but he's played poorly in every opportunity given him (including the USA camp this past summer).

No I'm not buying Duke at all. Shit I like Notre Dame better than I like Duke.

MSU and UA are clear favorites. CIncy I like. Kansas I think has serious issues in the post. Kentucky is a crap shoot but I'm sure they'll win enough games. USC I like if they were coached by someone else. Nova I like. Wichita St I like for their continuity, depth, PG play and coaching.
Duke has that high upside/high flameout thing going. It is super easy to see them having a bad shooting game and losing a 1-8 tourney matchup played somewhere in the state of North Carolina. Duval, Bagley and even Allen are streaky shooters. Trent is probably the most consistent, but it is easy to see them having a game where they go 3-20 from 3. Then you wonder who will step up on D when that's needed. This team isn't like the NC team where you could always get points from Okafor and always get a stop from Winslow.

They do have a lot of individual talent, though. They could use a consistent returner like Kennard, but if they hit a hot streak...

I feel better about our composition, but we have a PG question. MSU has players, but they looked rough in their first exhibition against a D3 school. This year has some good teams, but you can see a flaw in everyone.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Ranking every team in college basketball from 1-351

By: John Gasaway

Congratulations, Arizona. I'm ranking you as my No. 1 team in the nation even though, purely for good and substantial off-the-court reasons, history might mark my selection as an exercise in folly.

We don't know what the near future will bring for Sean Miller and the Wildcats off the court, only that whatever happens there will determine everything that transpires in the future on the court in Tucson. For Arizona as indeed for college basketball as a whole, this is a period of uncertainty the likes of which we have rarely seen in the sport.

Be that as it may, on paper the Wildcats do strike me as the best approximation we have this season of past national champions like Kentucky in 2011-12 and Duke in 2014-15. Those teams blended returning experience with multiple one-and-done freshmen on their way to confetti-filled first Monday nights in April.

Arizona might not turn out to have multiple one-and-done freshmen, but Miller does have a projected top-four pick in Deandre Ayton and a potent cadre of veterans led by Allonzo Trier, a preseason first-team ESPN All-American. This team does not lack for talent.

Then again, that's not the only path to winning a national title. Think for a moment about what we've seen the past two years from North Carolina and Villanova, respectively.

The Tar Heels and the Wildcats won their titles by being older. Roy Williams started three juniors and two seniors, while, in the 2016 tournament, Jay Wright put two seniors, two juniors and a lone non-one-and-done freshman (Jalen Brunson) on the floor for the opening tip. Those were veteran teams whose key contributors had logged a high number of minutes together.

Kind of like Wichita State this season. The Shockers have all five starters back (or will, when they get healthy) from a team that went 31-5 in 2016-17. Doubt the schedule that Gregg Marshall's team played last season if you wish, but also remember that said schedule included Kentucky in the round of 32. That game came down to the 40th minute.

Below Arizona and Wichita State, you'll find plenty of teams way younger than the Wildcats (such as those other Wildcats in Lexington, Kentucky) and even a few rosters with more returning experience than the Shockers (I see you, USC). Before we dive in to all 351 teams, though, here are answers to a few questions that tend to be raised by this 1-to-351 business ...

How are these rankings created?
Halfway between a pure rating system and a pollster's (greatly) expanded top-25 ballot, you'll encounter something like these rankings. They're the product of a lively and occasionally contentious conversation between yours truly and my laptop.

I start by rounding up the usual modeling suspects, namely, how good was the team last season and who's back from that roster. I make due allowance, where applicable, for sensational incoming freshmen. Lastly, I tweak as I see fit, allowing for things like transfers, aberrantly good or bad 3-point luck on offense or defense last season, coaching changes, etc.

Speaking of who's back from last season ...

What does "%RPMs" mean?
This is the percentage of possession-minutes that a roster returns from last season. For example, Bradley is bringing back every player that averaged at least four minutes a game last season, so the Braves' figure there is 100 percent. At the other extreme, not surprisingly, is Kentucky, which returns just 7 percent of last season's possession-minutes. This is a statistical way of saying simply, "Wenyen Gabriel is back, and everyone else is gone."

Here's a forecasting rule of thumb for the vast majority of programs that aren't blessed with sensational incoming freshmen and/or a sensational transfer. The D-I average for returning possession-minutes this season is 56 percent, and the shape of that particular bell curve means any figure below 37 or above 75 percent is statistically extreme. Couch expectations accordingly.

Why is Kentucky so low?
I'm not convinced top 10 is really so low, but see above: UK is the youngest team in the nation. While we think that John Calipari always has young teams (and he kind of does), this Wildcats roster is green even by Cal's standards.

Besides, during the current coach's tenure, UK's NCAA tournament seeds have correlated quite well with returning experience -- with the single and outstanding exception of last season. De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk & Co. were young (RPMs: 26 percent), but they won an SEC regular-season title outright, earned a No. 2 seed and came within a Luke Maye game-winner of going into overtime with a Final Four berth on the line. Along with Kansas in 2013-14, Kentucky last season set the standard, so far, for how good a team that young can be. But, again, this season's Wildcats roster is significantly younger than what we saw in Lexington in 2016-17.

Now, with all possible questions answered (right?), here are my rankings for 2016-17. Enjoy.

1. Arizona Wildcats | RPM% 49
2. Wichita State Shockers | RPM% 93
3. Duke Blue Devils | RPM% 19
4. Michigan State Spartans | RPM% 77
5. Villanova Wildcats | RPM% 53
6. West Virginia Mountaineers | RPM% 53
7. Cincinnati Bearcats | RPM% 73
8. Kansas Jayhawks | RPM% 37
9. Kentucky Wildcats | RPM% 7
10. North Carolina Tar Heels | RPM% 38
11. USC Trojans | RPM% 98
12. Purdue Boilermakers | RPM% 72
13. Virginia Cavaliers | RPM% 51
14. Northwestern Wildcats | RPM% 88
15. Florida Gators | RPM% 48
16. TCU Horned Frogs | RPM% 82
17. Gonzaga Bulldogs | RPM% 38
18. Xavier Musketeers | RPM% 69
19. Texas A&M Aggies | RPM% 83
20. Notre Dame Fighting Irish | RPM% 61
21. Saint Mary's Gaels | RPM% 72
22. Louisville Cardinals | RPM% 53
23. Michigan Wolverines | RPM% 40
24. Seton Hall Pirates | RPM% 89
25. Baylor Bears | RPM% 53

26. Minnesota Golden Gophers | RPM% 81
27. Alabama Crimson Tide | RPM% 73
28. Texas Longhorns | RPM% 56
29. Providence Friars | RPM% 96
30. Miami Hurricanes | RPM% 69
31. Texas Tech Red Raiders | RPM% 60
32. Butler Bulldogs | RPM% 54
33. Oklahoma Sooners | RPM% 65
34. UCLA Bruins | RPM% 30
35. Auburn Tigers | RPM% 69
36. Marquette Golden Eagles 51
37. SMU Mustangs | RPM% 39
38. Maryland Terrapins | RPM% 59
39. Oklahoma State Cowboys | RPM% 53
40. South Carolina Gamecocks | RPM% 29
41. Kansas State Wildcats | RPM% 59
42. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets | RPM% 69
43. Wisconsin Badgers | RPM% 40
44. Creighton Bluejays | RPM% 57
45. Oregon Ducks | RPM% 15
46. Rhode Island Rams | RPM% 72
47. San Diego State Aztecs | RPM% 54
48. Iowa State Cyclones | RPM% 18
49. Tennessee Volunteers | RPM% 63
50. Iowa Hawkeyes | RPM% 80

51. Wake Forest Demon Deacons | RPM% 58
52. Virginia Tech Hokies | RPM%58
53. Indiana Hoosiers | RPM% 63
54. Stanford Cardinal | RPM% 75
55. Utah Utes | RPM% 46
56. Clemson Tigers | RPM% 56
57. Georgia Bulldogs | RPM% 72
58. Florida State Seminoles | RPM% 41
59. Ole Miss Rebels | RPM% 61
60. Temple Owls | RPM% 71
61. Vanderbilt Commodores | RPM% 72
62. Penn State Nittany Lions | RPM% 82
63. St. John's Red Storm | RPM% 72
64. UConn Huskies | RPM% 36
65. Arkansas Razorbacks | RPM% 61
66. Oregon State Beavers | RPM% 96
67. Charleston Cougars | RPM% 96
68. St. Bonaventure Bonnies | RPM% 73
69. Mississippi State Bulldogs | RPM% 75
70. Houston Cougars | RPM% 63
71. Missouri Tigers | RPM% 65
72. UCF Knights | RPM% 59
73. Saint Joseph's Hawks | RPM% 88
74. Vermont Catamounts | RPM% 71
75. Bucknell Bison | RPM% 92

76. Princeton Tigers | RPM% 54
77. Syracuse Orange | RPM% 23
78. Boise State Broncos | RPM% 58
79. Tulsa Golden Hurricane | RPM% 74
80. Yale Bulldogs | RPM% 70
81. VCU Rams | RPM% 31
82. Nevada Wolf Pack | RPM% 37
83. Ohio State Buckeyes | RPM% 53
84. Davidson Wildcats | RPM% 71
85. Harvard Crimson | RPM% 71
86. Illinois Fighting Illini | RPM% 33
87. BYU Cougars | RPM% 57
88. LSU Tigers | RPM% 59
89. Fresno State Bulldogs | RPM% 67
90. UT Arlington Mavericks | RPM% 61
91. Nebraska Cornhuskers | RPM% 50
92. Georgetown Hoyas | RPM% 40
93. Arizona State Sun Devils | RPM% 56
94. Oakland Golden Grizzlies | RPM% 67
95. Colorado Buffaloes | RPM% 36
96. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders | RPM% 49
97. NC State Wolfpack | RPM% 41
98. Dayton Flyers | RPM% 34
99. Boston College Eagles | RPM% 63
100. California Golden Bears | RPM% 15

101. Missouri State Bears | RPM% 84
102. Wyoming Cowboys | RPM% 70
103. Old Dominion Monarchs | RPM% 66
104. Illinois State Redbirds | RPM% 27
105. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs | RPM% 66
106. Loyola (IL) Ramblers | RPM% 69
107. San Francisco Dons | RPM% 81
108. New Mexico State Aggies | RPM% 41
109. Mercer Bears | RPM% 94
110. South Dakota State Jackrabbits | RPM% 72
111. Elon Phoenix | RPM% 84
112. UNC Asheville Bulldogs | RPM% 77
113. Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns | RPM% 76
114. Washington Huskies | RPM% 69
115. Rutgers Scarlet Knights | RPM% 69
116. Georgia Southern Eagles | RPM% 94
117. Colorado State Rams | RPM% 49
118. DePaul Blue Demons | RPM% 59
119. La Salle Explorers | RPM% 63
120. Albany Great Danes | RPM% 78
121. Samford Bulldogs | RPM% 88
122. Florida Gulf Coast Eagles | RPM% 65
123. UNC Wilmington Seahawks | RPM% 31
124. East Tennessee State Buccaneers 40
125. Valparaiso Crusaders | RPM% 45

126. Belmont Bruins | RPM% 52
127. Utah State Aggies | RPM% 64
128. Pittsburgh Panthers | RPM% 8
129. Penn Quakers | RPM% 84
130. Grand Canyon Antelopes | RPM% 65
131. Memphis Tigers | RPM% 23
132. Hofstra Pride | RPM% 52
133. Iona Gaels | RPM% 46
134. Georgia State Panthers | RPM% 55
135. Northern Kentucky Norse | RPM% 83
136. Ball State Cardinals | RPM% 72
137. UAB Blazers | RPM% 46
138. Bradley Braves | RPM% 100
139. Furman Paladins | RPM% 83
140. UNLV Runnin' Rebels | RPM% 51
141. Denver Pioneers | RPM% 79
142. Santa Clara Broncos | RPM% 57
143. Lipscomb Bisons | RPM% 85
144. Towson Tigers | RPM% 70
145. Buffalo Bulls | RPM% 49
146. Northern Iowa Panthers | RPM% 68
147. Western Michigan Broncos | RPM% 80
148. Richmond Spiders | RPM% 47
149. Monmouth Hawks | RPM% 40
150. Troy Trojans | RPM% 68

151. UNC Greensboro Spartans | RPM% 62
152. Northeastern Huskies | RPM% 50
153. Navy Midshipmen | RPM% 86
154. Fort Wayne Mastadons | RPM% 57
155. New Mexico Lobos | RPM% 26
156. Wofford Terriers | RPM% 61
157. Utah Valley Wolverines | RPM% 72
158. Southern Illinois Salukis | RPM% 51
159. South Dakota Coyotes | RPM% 72
160. George Washington Colonials | RPM% 38
161. Murray State Racers | RPM% 60
162. Idaho Vandals | RPM% 87
163. Ohio Bobcats | RPM% 48
164. UIC Flames | RPM% 78
165. UMass Minutemen | RPM%42
166. Eastern Michigan Eagles | RPM% 38
167. Colgate Raiders | RPM% 93
168. Toledo Rockets | RPM% 53
169. Montana Grizzlies | RPM% 61
170. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks | RPM% 76
171. UTEP Miners | RPM% 70
172. Jacksonville State Gamecocks | RPM% 64
173. North Dakota State Bison | RPM% 53
174. CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners | RPM% 45
175. George Mason Patriots | RPM% 52

176. Evansville Purple Aces | RPM% 42
177. William & Mary Tribe | RPM% 37
178. Montana State Bobcats | RPM% 84
179. Liberty Flames | RPM% 64
180. Saint Louis Billikens | RPM% 59
181. Winthrop Eagles | RPM% 45
182. Saint Peter's Peacocks | RPM% 30
183. Manhattan Jaspers | RPM% 77
184. UC Irvine Anteaters | RPM% 45
185. East Carolina Pirates | RPM% 51
186. UMBC Retrievers | RPM% 75
187. Akron Zips | RPM% 20
188. Lehigh Mountain Hawks | RPM% 44
189. Marshall Thundering Herd | RPM% 44
190. Weber State Wildcats | RPM% 56
191. Niagara Purple Eagles | RPM% 86
192. Eastern Kentucky Colonels | RPM% 73
193. Kent State Golden Flashes | RPM% 56
194. Charlotte 49ers | RPM% 61
195. Army Black Knights | RPM% 79
196. Hawaii Rainbows Warriors | RPM% 73
197. Drexel Dragons | RPM% 69
198. New Hampshire Wildcats | RPM% 61
199. Chattanooga Mocs | RPM% 26
200. San Diego Torreros | RPM% 59

201. Milwaukee Panthers | RPM% 77
202. Southeastern Louisiana Lions | RPM% 65
203. Stony Brook Wolves Seawolves | RPM% 61
204. Air Force Falcons | RPM% 71
205. Eastern Washington Eagles | RPM% 62
206. Gardner-Webb Bulldogs | RPM% 61
207. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers | RPM% 51
208. Wright State Raiders | RPM% 48
209. Arkansas State Red Wolves | RPM% 56
210. Indiana State Sycamores | RPM% 46
211. Texas State Bobcats | RPM% 46
212. Tulane Green Wave | RPM% 59
213. Lamar Cardinals | RPM% 75
214. Louisiana Monroe Warhawks | RPM% 68
215. Fordham Rams | RPM% 48
216. Columbia Lions | RPM% 68
217. Fairfield Stags | RPM% 57
218. Eastern Illinois Panthers | RPM% 65
219. Drake Bulldogs | RPM% 86
220. Cornell Big Red | RPM% 71
221. IUPUI Jaguars | RPM% 47
222. Tennessee State Tigers | RPM% 45
223. Campbell Camels | RPM% 89
224. North Dakota Fighting Hawks | RPM% 48
225. Canisius Golden Griffins | RPM% 47

226. UC Santa Barbara Gauchos | RPM% 47
227. South Florida Bulls | RPM% 30
228. Radford Highlanders | RPM% 90
229. St. Francis (PA) Red Flash | RPM% 73
230. Washington State Cougars | RPM% 33
231. Boston Terriers | RPM% 50
232. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles | RPM% 74
233. Northern Colorado Bears | RPM% 70
234. Northern Illinois Huskies | RPM% 41
235. Appalachian State Mountaineers | RPM% 65
236. Texas A&M Corpus Christi Islanders | RPM% 58
237. Binghamton Bearcats | RPM% 87
238. Duquesne Dukes | RPM% 48
239. Youngstown State Penguins | RPM% 62
240. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers | RPM% 19
241. Delaware Blue Hens | RPM% 67
242. Dartmouth Big Green | RPM% 85
243. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds | RPM% 78
244. Incarnate Word Cardinals | RPM% 80
245. Nebraska Omaha Mavericks | RPM% 41
246. Long Beach State 49ers | RPM% 36
247. Siena Saints | RPM% 28
248. Portland State Vikings | RPM% 48
249. Bowling Green Falcons | RPM% 50
250. Loyola Marymount Lions | RPM% 26

251. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles | RPM% 43
252. UC Davis Aggies | RPM% 43
253. Abilene Christian Wildcats | RPM% 93
254. Fairleigh Dickinson Knights | RPM% 63
255. Sam Houston State Bearkats | RPM% 49
256. Pacific Tigers | RPM% 31
257. James Madison Dukes | RPM% 24
258. San Jose State Spartans | RPM% 42
259. Green Bay Phoenix | RPM% 18
260. Umass Lowell River Hawks | RPM% 71
261. Rider Broncs | RPM% 26
262. USC Upstate Spartans | RPM% 58
263. Mount St. Mary's Mountaineers | RPM% 43
264. Citadel Bulldogs | RPM% 43
265. UTSA Roadrunners | RPM% 52
266. High Point Panthers | RPM% 51
267. Cleveland State Vikings | RPM% 53
268. Texas Southern Tigers | RPM% 37
269. Holy Cross Crusaders | RPM% 36
270. UT Rio Grande Vaqueros | RPM% 69
271. Detroit Mercy Titans | RPM% 74
272. Morehead State Eagles | RPM% 22
273. Central Michigan Chippewas | RPM% 37
274. Western Carolina Catamounts | RPM% 85
275. UC Riverside Highlanders | RPM% 61

276. Charleston Southern Buccaneers | RPM% 59
277. Brown Bears | RPM% 50
278. Little Rock Trojans | RPM% 25
279. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks | RPM% 37
280. North Florida Ospreys | RPM% 29
281. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds | RPM% 41
282. UT Martin Skyhawks | RPM% 32
283. Miami (OH) Redhawks | RPM% 55
284. Lafayette Leopards | RPM% 81
285. Cal State Fullerton Titans | RPM% 52
286. Sacred Heart Pioneers | RPM% 61
287. Sacramento State Hornets | RPM% 62
288. Norfolk State Spartans | RPM% 50
289. American Eagles | RPM% 54
290. Cal Poly Mustangs | RPM% 58
291. UMKC Kangaroos | RPM% 28
292. Wagner Seahawks | RPM% 39
293. Kennesaw State Owls | RPM% 51
294. Seattle Redhawks | RPM% 35
295. South Alabama Jaguars | RPM% 34
296. Florida Atlantic Owls | RPM% 46
297. Marist Red Foxes | RPM% 70
298. Bryant Bulldogs | RPM% 57
299. Rice Owls | RPM% 18
300. Morgan State Bears | RPM% 81

301. Stetson Hatters | RPM% 72
302. New Orleans Privateers | RPM% 37
303. Hampton Pirates | RPM% 81
304. Houston Baptist Huskies | RPM% 32
305. Central Arkansas Bears | RPM% 70
306. McNeese State Cowboys | RPM% 71
307. Hartford Hawks | RPM% 73
308. NJIT Highlanders | RPM% 47
309. Idaho State Bengals | RPM% 59
310. Alcorn State Braves | RPM% 58
311. Northwestern State Demons | RPM% 45
312. Southern Miss Golden Eagles | RPM% 47
313. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks | RPM% 56
314. Western Illinois Leathernecks | RPM% 51
315. Jacksonville Dolphins | RPM% 33
316. Savannah State Tigers | RPM% 60
317. Austin Peay Governors | RPM% 15
318. Robert Morris Colonials | RPM% 23
319. North Carolina Central Eagles | RPM% 7
320. Portland Pilots | RPM% 26
321. Pepperdine Waves | RPM% 25
322. North Texas Mean Green | RPM% 44
323. SIU-Edwardsville Cougars | RPM% 49
324. Quinnipiac Bobcats | RPM% 30
325. Prairie View A&M Panthers | RPM% 42

326. CSU Northridge Matadors | RPM% 30
327. Florida A&M Rattlers | RPM% 82
328. Chicago State Cougars | RPM% 52
329. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks | RPM% 32
330. Southern Jaguars | RPM% 51
331. St. Francis (NY) Terriers | RPM% 59
332. Maine Black Bears | RPM% 45
333. Nicholls State Colonels | RPM% 34
334. FIU Panthers | RPM% 18
335. Bethune Cookman Wildcats | RPM% 41
336. Presbyterian Blue Hose | RPM% 60
337. VMI Keydets | RPM% 33
338. Southern Utah Thunderbirds | RPM% 40
339. Central Connecticut Blue Devils | RPM% 54
340. Coppin State Eagles | RPM% 38
341. Jackson State Tigers | RPM% 29
342. Longwood Lancers | RPM% 45
343. Alabama State Hornets | RPM% 50
344. Arkansas Pine Bluff Golden Lions | RPM% 65
345. South Carolina State Bulldogs | RPM% 50
346. North Carolina A&T Aggies | RPM% 45
347. Delaware State Hornets | RPM% 40
348. Alabama A&M Bulldogs | RPM% 55
349. Howard Bison | RPM% 28
350. Grambling Tigers | RPM% 28
351. Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils | RPM% 10

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ball-1-351
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

our non conf schedule by ranking

nau-329
umb-186
csub-174
nc state-97
no iowa-146
smu-37
long beach st -246
unlv-140
tamu-236
bama-27
new mexico-155
ndsu-173
uconn-64
97cats

Post by 97cats »

scumdevils86 wrote:our non conf schedule by ranking

nau-329
umb-186
csub-174
nc state-97
no iowa-146
smu-37
long beach st -246
unlv-140
tamu-236
bama-27
new mexico-155
ndsu-173
uconn-64
THANK YOU!!!!

i was hoping someone would do this -- i appreciate you taking the time

thx again
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

of course that's not including who we'd play in the champ series over thanksgiving if we make it there. other than that our best matchups are bama and hopefully smu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

nau-329
umb-186
csub-174
nc state-97
no iowa-146
smu-37
long beach st -246
unlv-140
tamu-236
bama-27
new mexico-155
ndsu-173
uconn-64
I'm a little shocked at aTm. You would think just a single soph who is an NBA lottery pick after this year would rate you higher by itself.

Edit: Never mind, I think you got the wrong aTm.
prh

Post by prh »

Texas A&M is at 19
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

nau-329
umb-186
csub-174
nc state-97
no iowa-146
smu-37
long beach st -246
unlv-140
tamu-236
bama-27
new mexico-155
ndsu-173
uconn-64
Wrong A&M. Should be 19. Also U of A will only play one of SMU and N Iowa. Most likely Villanova at #5 also.

Regardless it is not bad but not great.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:

nau-329
umb-186
csub-174
nc state-97
no iowa-146
smu-37
long beach st -246
unlv-140
tamu-236
bama-27
new mexico-155
ndsu-173
uconn-64
Wrong A&M. Should be 19. Also U of A will only play one of SMU and N Iowa. Most likely Villanova at #5 also.

Regardless it is not bad but not great.
look at you all gleeful.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Thanks. I read KenPom religiously when it was free. I miss it, but won't spend the money.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

I was surprised that MSU hung on to second place in the AP poll in Week 2 on 11/13/17. I can't find the Coaches Poll.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Arizona actually lost 2 first place votes.

Sweet.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Duke or Michigan State will lose tonight so take care of business on our end and it is all good
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Statfreak77 wrote:Arizona actually lost 2 first place votes.

Sweet.
You mean Elon isn't a measuring stick game?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Sweet.
Honestly: we didn't kill UMBC. They were right there with us until we put them in foul trouble late in the game. Without that last four minute or whatever run, that final score would look mighty embarrassing.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

I don't even want to know our SOS with NAU losing to NAIA Embry Riddle Prescott last night.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TatetheGreat wrote:I don't even want to know our SOS with NAU losing to NAIA Embry Riddle Prescott last night.
It's a bad sign when you lose to a college that took its name from a random word generator.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

YoDeFoe wrote:

Sweet.
Honestly: we didn't kill UMBC. They were right there with us until we put them in foul trouble late in the game. Without that last four minute or whatever run, that final score would look mighty embarrassing.

Do you think people who vote in the polls actually watch our games?
-JB
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Texas A&M rolled West Virginia and a few voters still put WVa. ahead of the Aggies. So no, many writers don't have a clue and don't take their votes seriously. It's not just an Arizona thing.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Almost a sure thing that Kansas jumps over Arizona because of their "impressive" win over a top 10 ranked Kentucky team.

Yank.