No Leadership

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

No Leadership

Post by Alieberman »

We can't win if we have no on court leadership... and we have none. (Maybe from some Frosh?)

Trier looks like he honestly doesn't want to be playing basketball right now and never looks like he cares what's going on.

This team baffles me.
RondaeShimmy

Re: No Leadership

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Seriously, just play the freshman an let them make mistakes and struggle. At least let them develop

Because the way this team is playing with no effort, season seems lost.

Outside of Ayton, everyone is garbage
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Seriously, just play the freshman an let them make mistakes and struggle. At least let them develop

Because the way this team is playing with no effort, season seems lost.

Outside of Ayton, everyone is garbage
I'm really beginning to believe the same thing. Develop the freshman and build for the future. I'm not saying the season is lost but the systemic issues don't appear to be going away any time soon.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

People are giving up waaaaaay too fast.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:People are giving up waaaaaay too fast.
Agreed....we are far from where I think we should be but I’m not as gloomy as others. Certainly need more leadership though from someone on the team. I miss Kadeem.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rawle is our emotional leader.

We are missing a vocal leader.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Our seniors are the softest and most passive on the team.

Trier isn't a leader clearly.

I think this is important come tournament time, who steps up? No wonder effort is a constant issue with this team
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm going to put it this way. The first Arizona game I ever attended in person was the 2004-05 season when we lost to a meh Washington State team at home.

Things are just more volatile than we like to think as fans.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Our seniors are the softest and most passive on the team.

Trier isn't a leader clearly.

I think this is important come tournament time, who steps up? No wonder effort is a constant issue with this team
Yep, I agree completely....You can see if from their press conferences. I would like to see Dusan step up as PJC is just way too diminutive to do so. It’s just not in his personality....you can see how his Dad (who’s got an Alpha Male type personality) may have affected him and caused him to be a reserved individual.

Come on Dusan....we need you to step up and be the emotional leader!
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Forget Dusan's leadership, to play the role Miller demands of him where the big spends 50% of his time guarding the PnR at the perimeter he needs to be more athletic. Dus, Y U no Aaron Gordon?!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Playing zone d is all the leadership any team could ever need!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:Playing zone d is all the leadership any team could ever need!
If Sean Miller played a different defense, we’d have a bunch of George Washingtons and Teddy Roosevelts on the floor. We’d be crossing the Delaware and charging up San Juan Hill every goddamn night!

#Murica
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Shithole.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Longhorned wrote:Shithole.
I saw that that word is trending. I'm glad that this board keeps up with the times.
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

As someone who watched JG lead... live back in the early 00's. Gardner is still my fav pg ever. There's no doubt the team lacks that dude. We'd all give a pretty penny for TJ right now...GD, if tj just came over a few years later. I thought it would be rawle. I don't see it now. And it is VERY prevalent, and as some posters have acknowledged there is an on court disconnect with trier and rawle. It's not making something out of nothing...it's there. There's honestly no easy fix...and I hate to say it but I don't see this team going very far in the tourney....unless someone steps up. I like trier a lot - he's a junior bball Cat who is a baller. But GD, he is so damn quiet and so shitty on D. It's hard to write about him because his offense is needed, but if he would just start firing up and get angry a little ---I know it's out of his character ---- but that could win us the chip. If trier just found a backbone and said fuck it I'm young...start slamming the floor on D and firing up the team...we'd win so much. But I know he won't. I think Ayton has too, because everyone else is too puss. But in the end I think all of us fans realize this, miller needs to designate this shit and lets get going.