Brandon Williams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Brandon Williams

Post by ChooChooCat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:37 pm From my understanding, he was uninsurable. His knee is basically bone on bone and there was huge exposure for a college to play an unpaid amateur vs him as a professional paying out of pocket early to chase dream and then finding success and getting paid to play enough he doesn’t need insurance.
Yup, this is correct.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

So why did they make it out to appear that he bolted because of playing time?

Oh wait, I forgot about crack reporting these days…
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

JMarkJohns wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:37 pm From my understanding, he was uninsurable. His knee is basically bone on bone and there was huge exposure for a college to play an unpaid amateur vs him as a professional paying out of pocket early to chase dream and then finding success and getting paid to play enough he doesn’t need insurance.
Thanks, JMJ. That all makes perfect sense.

I've been super impressed by how well BW's been doing with the Blazers. If he catches a little luck health-wise, he could actually stick in the NBA for a while.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Unfortunately, his will likely be a short career and it will likely end with knee arthritis. I hope he rises quick, earns some money, and transitions into coaching by 30. I know a few 40 year olds with knee arthritis and it’s a tough watch for former military or college athletes to basically be hobbled remainder of the life.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:32 am So why did they make it out to appear that he bolted because of playing time?

Oh wait, I forgot about crack reporting these days…
Well, university was in a tough spot because it’s Williams medical status and he was no longer a player. He didn’t want everything reported at the time. And the University didn’t owe fans or media answers to HIPAA protected information.

Media can be real assholes with forcing information to be compelled or forcing narratives based off what they have been denied. Given the hostile nature of Miller/Media, I don’t doubt any mis-reporting was done to further make Miller look bad rather than as careful and pro-player as he really was.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UA also put out vids with Zu & Kier