PHXCATS

Re: Brandon Williams

Post by PHXCATS »

Thanks Sean and Book
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He's not going to play for the Big Baller Brand Moron League (nobody is), but still I'm sure gee golly glad he decided to humor whoever the hell asked him. Just what Arizona needed, more negative pub, because we just don't have enough of that going around.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:He's not going to play for the Big Baller Brand Moron League (nobody is), but still I'm sure gee golly glad he decided to humor whoever the hell asked him. Just what Arizona needed, more negative pub, because we just don't have enough of that going around.
If Williams goes to the Big Baller League, they're up to 3 people, assuming Melo and Gelo leave Lithuania for this. Maybe they can pull Delonte West and Steve Francis too, as they're both unemployed and struggling with severe drug problems.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Of all the FBI schools we seem to be in the best position with recruits (two solid players), USC probably second with Weaver & Porter. Miami, Auburn, South Carolina, Louisville all have no commitments. Oklahoma State has a couple of 3★ ranked #259 & #376. It could always be worse.

Unfortunately I'm thinking 2019 will be a struggle again, possibly only Josh Green (big if). We're not getting Stanley away from LA.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

NYCat wrote:Of all the FBI schools we seem to be in the best position with recruits (two solid players), USC probably second with Weaver & Porter. Miami, Auburn, South Carolina, Louisville all have no commitments. Oklahoma State has a couple of 3★ ranked #259 & #376. It could always be worse.

Unfortunately I'm thinking 2019 will be a struggle again, possibly only Josh Green (big if). We're not getting Stanley away from LA.
There's seriously no worthwhile recruiting to be done until clarity is provided. We're literally stuck in fucking purgatory and our coaches' heads are falling off....or something horrible.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:Of all the FBI schools we seem to be in the best position with recruits (two solid players), USC probably second with Weaver & Porter. Miami, Auburn, South Carolina, Louisville all have no commitments. Oklahoma State has a couple of 3★ ranked #259 & #376. It could always be worse.

There's seriously no worthwhile recruiting to be done until clarity is provided. We're literally stuck in fucking purgatory and our coaches' heads are falling off....or something horrible.
It's all about resolution of the issue.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:Thanks Sean and Book
:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
its just so predictable and utterly stupid yet it never stops
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Chicat wrote:
To be fair Sean should've fired Book when he was giving info to PGU.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Why did he change his handle? To improve his reputation?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Exactly
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
This is revisionist history. The thread title's been changed, but this thread is a good example of why that did not happen.

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... f=8&t=4052" target="_blank
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
This is revisionist history. The thread title's been changed, but this thread is a good example of why that did not happen.

I know I was calling for his firing back then and what did Book do for us since? FBI and 0 final fours
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Life would be so much better if Machina was in charge. That is clear now.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I know I was calling for his firing back then and what did Book do for us since? FBI and 0 final fours
Are you contractually obligated to mention Final Fours in every post?

Read the article in there. He recruited people like Rawle, Rondae, etc after that issue. Why was he still here? Because he was landing a lot of talent. That's why Miller put up with other stuff.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Are you contractually obligated to mention Final Fours in every post?

Read the article in there. He recruited people like Rawle, Rondae, etc after that issue. Why was he still here? Because he was landing a lot of talent. That's why Miller put up with other stuff.
And it bit him square in the ass. Way to go

And I harp on the final four because that is the goal. The goal now isnt PAC12 regular season titles or the attendance record or recruiting banners
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Are you contractually obligated to mention Final Fours in every post?

And I harp on the final four because that is the goal. The goal now isnt PAC12 regular season titles or the attendance record or recruiting banners
I'd think there are several goals, including national championships, conference championships, conference tourney championships, wins generally....

But sure, pick the one thing that Kevin Ollie has Sean Miller beat on, and declare Miller the loser.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:

When you view yourself in hindsight, you are flawless. It is shocking a dummy like Sean Miller is making millions as a succesful college basketball coach while you slog through another day as a super genius customer service rep.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion you say conference championships don't matter but I could dig up old posts where you criticize Miller for not winning a conference championship?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

When you view yourself in hindsight, you are flawless. It is shocking a dummy like Sean Miller is making millions as a succesful college basketball coach while you slog through another day as a super genius customer service rep.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion you say conference championships don't matter but I could dig up old posts where you criticize Miller for not winning a conference championship?
I have never claimed to be smarter than Miller and I am not attacking Miller for anything here right now besides not firing Book when he should have.

Sure Book did a good job recruiting wise and being a good hype man but it wasnt worth it. Not at all. If we won the title in between I would have said sure it was. But it sure as heck isnt and anything that comes from the FBI investigation is 100 percent on Miller.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Thankfully that's ur opinion. Unfortunately miller ain't a mind reader and knew what book was doing before he did anything. Move along we got a title to win.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Thank you, Spiff.

Machins likes losers, and he hates winners. And his defense for criticizing winners is they do not win more. :roll:
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Anyway he has been on fire since coming off the injury
  • * 21 pts • 4 ast
    * 18 pts • 4 ast
    * 52 pts • 4 ast
    * 37 pts • 3 ast
    * 36 pts • 4 ast
    * 23 pts • 4 ast
    * 30 pts • 4 ast
    * 37 pts • 4 ast
    * 31 pts • (?) ast
    * 32 pts • 7 ast
    * 32 pts • 2 ast
Nice scoring numbers but those assists numbers aren't very good. Although he has had solid rebounding numbers. Think we're going to have to roll with two ball handlers if Williams is more comfortable scoring and playing off ball, hopefully Barcello is ready. I'm thinking in the mold of Hart + Arcidiacono or Brunson + DiVincenzo.
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'll put it simply.

1. Miller punished Book over the PGU thing.

2. Book was also loved by players and brought in a lot of talent.

#2 kept him around despite #1 and its underlying issues. Even in the FBI materials, you can read pretty clearly that Book's extracurriculars had him under pressure to deliver talent to keep his spot. He was delivering.

Then the FBI thing happened. None of PHXCATS sudden insight would be here without that.

Back to Brandon Williams, I'm pretty well convinced he's here next year regardless. His commitment is as solid as it could be and BBL is a joke.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'll put it simply.

#2 kept him around despite #1 and its underlying issues. Even in the FBI materials, you can read pretty clearly that Book's extracurriculars had him under pressure to deliver talent to keep his spot. He was delivering.

Then the FBI thing happened. None of PHXCATS sudden insight would be here without that.

Back to Brandon Williams, I'm pretty well convinced he's here next year regardless. His commitment is as solid as it could be and BBL is a joke.

Okay then why didnt Williams sign a NLI?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I firmly believe those posts are created just to give the author the opportunity to report the posts that follow. And believe me, he’s quick to hit that Report button....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

PHXCATS wrote:I know I was calling for his firing back then and what did Book do for us since? FBI and 0 final fours
PHXCATS wrote:And it bit him square in the ass. Way to go
Formerly McLurvin
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

#9 in the country. Looks like it's business as usual in Tucson
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'll put it simply.

Okay then why didnt Williams sign a NLI?
Preface: I don't know Brandon Williams.

A NLI is always a stupid decision. It binds a player, does not bind the school and creates no benefit for the player.

Coach leaves? Too bad.
Larry Nassar was the team physician? Too bad.
Sanctions? Too bad.
Immediately recruited over? Too bad.
Turns out all attractive coeds are Dusk to Dawn vampires? Too bad.

The NLI is the epitome of a one sided deal. I don't know why a player would EVER sign one. The investigation is obviously an issue for us, and it makes it doubly likely no player in their right mind would sign an NLI.

It's like asking why water is wet.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

PHXCATS wrote:

Stupidity.

The goal is to win the title. Not to get to round 4 over 3, unless you are in round 3, which is true of 3 when you are in 2, and so on. A loss in the final four is a loss in your 4th game.

It's a marketing tool. Not a goal...the goal is to win the fucking thing.

And not lose in the first round.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

And how does smoking some weed and blabbing to a "buddy" who runs a website predict a person who will go to the opposite shoe company to accept payment from an agent asking him to steer players to certain reps?

Because that is all Book has been legitimately caught doing.

And please don't give me "character" as an issue...lots of people are close to doing desperate things. For lots of reasons. This was one of many. And no predictor to the kind of wholesale betrayal Book perpetrated.

To think otherwise is really stretching.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:And how does smoking some weed and blabbing to a "buddy" who runs a website predict a person who will go to the opposite shoe company to accept payment from an agent asking him to steer players to certain reps?

Because that is all Book has been legitimately caught doing.

And please don't give me "character" as an issue...lots of people are close to doing desperate things. For lots of reasons. This was one of many. And no predictor to the kind of wholesale betrayal Book perpetrated.

To think otherwise is really stretching.
Nonsense. He saw it coming.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Not good. Not good at all
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:Not good. Not good at all
Or no big deal. But of course I'd be disappointed if you didn't overreact and jump to conclusions about innocuous information.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Friendly suggestion: Believe the opposite of what your gut reaction & instincts tell you to.

You'll rocket from worst to first in the arena of situational awareness and intuitive perception, but maintain the consistency you have now.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He’ll start from day one here. Think it’s too good an opportunity for him to pass up.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

zonagrad wrote:
Or no big deal. But of course I'd be disappointed if you didn't overreact and jump to conclusions about innocuous information.
It's like 90% of his posts.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
I said what I did because this is the third thing that leads me to believe he isnt serious about U of A.

Didn't sign the NLI. I know why the NLI is one sided etc but lots of other players for other schools signed NLIs.

Said he was open to Ball's league and was keeping all options open. Only person out of 50 to say so.

Now cancelling his official visit two or three days before expected arrival.

Hopefully it is nothing and hopefully this is an overreaction but I don't see how anyone can say this is a positive thing.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Is he the point guard that was promised?
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

I just can’t wait to get out to Arizona this summer and get to work."
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
I said what I did because this is the third thing that leads me to believe he isnt serious about U of A.

Didn't sign the NLI. I know why the NLI is one sided etc but lots of other players for other schools signed NLIs.

Said he was open to Ball's league and was keeping all options open. Only person out of 50 to say so.

Hopefully it is nothing and hopefully this is an overreaction but I don't see how anyone can say this is a positive thing.
Really??????
Why didn't he sign? Prob because he doesn't know if Az will get a post season ban from the ncaa. Any other ncaa sanctions prob won't affect his decision as most kids wanna experience selection Sunday and the March madness tournament.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

It isn't stated it was an official visit. Ball's league...I like a point guard with a sesne of humor. The NLI, well, you agree it's pointless and a bad deal for a player.

So, 3 things where you choose to read in the most negative interpretation and then use those readings to join together in an unholy trinity of speculation.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Shareef O'Neal didn't sign an NLI either, just financial aid papers, which binds the school, not the player.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Friendly suggestion: Believe the opposite of what your gut reaction & instincts tell you to.

You'll rocket from worst to first in the arena of situational awareness and intuitive perception, but maintain the consistency you have now.

This is prime. Highest grade, top cut.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Is he the point guard that was promised?
True PG? No. But he's a ball handler who can score, and I'd rather have that any day.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Losing BW would hurt. Like, a lot.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Harvey Specter wrote:

He should definitely pull a Costanza.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

SO AWESOME THAT WILLIAMS CANCELLED HIS TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!