Normally I don't care for Duke fans, but in this case..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

killervibe

Normally I don't care for Duke fans, but in this case..

Post by killervibe »

After watching this clip of Duke fans trolling ESPN by chanting "check your sources" during their broadcast of the Duke/UNC game, I'm starting to thaw on my hate for Duke and its fans. Just a little.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Watch-Duke-f ... -115799275" target="_blank
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
RichardCranium

Re: Normally I don't care for Duke fans, but in this case..

Post by RichardCranium »

I understand where you are coming from, but I just turned on ESPN for 30 seconds and what was on was a 30 for 30 doco and DookieV was claiming that Christian Laetner was the greatest college basketball player in the history of the game. And Coach K said what he accomplished was unprecidented - 4 final fours etc (didn't Lew Alcindor win 4 national championships?).

I just about puked up my dinner all over my keyboard.

I am now watching the 1,232th repeat of a Star Trek Voyager episode (by far the worst of the franchise).

Edit: Alcindor won 3 national championships because Freshman couldn't play Varsity at the time.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

What is going on, they hate Greg Hansen too

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/pl ... ean-miller" target="_blank
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
killervibe

Post by killervibe »

RichardCranium wrote: I am now watching the 1,232th repeat of a Star Trek Voyager episode (by far the worst of the franchise).
WHAT!?! Voyager is by far the best in the franchise. Its the most badass ship of them all and they are constantly in battle. The finale were probably the two best episodes in the history of the Star Trek series.

But yeah.. I understand the initial "I just puked a little in my mouth" reaction to my original statement.
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Newportcat wrote:What is going on, they hate Greg Hansen too

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/pl ... ean-miller" target="_blank
Fingers crossed this means something about who the unnamed player is that Miller was offered money for. Oh please, oh please...
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

killervibe wrote:
RichardCranium wrote: I am now watching the 1,232th repeat of a Star Trek Voyager episode (by far the worst of the franchise).
WHAT!?! Voyager is by far the best in the franchise. Its the most badass ship of them all and they are constantly in battle. The finale were probably the two best episodes in the history of the Star Trek series.

But yeah.. I understand the initial "I just puked a little in my mouth" reaction to my original statement.
Voyager jumped the shark in the first episode. The whole reason they are trapped is bogus. Spock would have set a timer to blow up the Caretaker ship AFTER they had used it to send them home. The whole thing was trivially avoidable.

Other than that, they did have occaisional good writing. The Borg episodes were pretty good, on the whole. Switching eye candy in the middle of the stream was rather unfair, but 7 of 9 did provide better story lines.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Voyager-good
Enterprise-good/great (shoot me, I love Enterprise)
DS9-good, but overrated
TNG-great (except the first season...jesus that was not good)
TOS-the worst of all the series actually..just so cheesy
Discovery-best first season of any of the series, huge potential
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Never been a Star Trek guy. Watch the new movies, but that's about it. Am a HUGE Star Wars guy, but after this god awful past one (that I will forever resent Rian Johnson for) maybe I need to watch.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

btfd16 wrote:Never been a Star Trek guy. Watch the new movies, but that's about it. Am a HUGE Star Wars guy, but after this god awful past one (that I will forever resent Rian Johnson for) maybe I need to watch.
The Last Jedi was probably the best Star Wars movie besides Empire Strikes Back. it was good.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Never been a Star Trek guy. Watch the new movies, but that's about it. Am a HUGE Star Wars guy, but after this god awful past one (that I will forever resent Rian Johnson for) maybe I need to watch.
The Last Jedi was probably the best Star Wars movie besides Empire Strikes Back. it was good.
To each their own. Without a doubt most polarizing. Fans either love it or hate it. I hated it.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

This is very true and this is a conversation I would love to have with real star wars fans. I, personally, do not believe the story of The Last Jedi is finished being told. I think, or hope, that as things are wrapped up in the 9th episode that the full story and complexity of The Last Jedi will be made clear and that perceptions about that movie will change drastically. I think the jury is still out until the story is completed.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Might need a separate thread on Non UofA board :lol: :lol:

Edit: just found it... I will post my reasons tomorrow because it will take quite some time lol