Former Cats in the NBA

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Former Cats in the NBA

Post by Olsondogg »

The NBA is so shitty. There is literally nothing I like about that league.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

As much as it pains me to say, it makes sense. Solo does a lot of things, but nothing very well by NBA standards. He quietly does his thing and is serviceable, he isn't going to kill you or lose you games. But if you are a small forward with average athleticism and size that shoots under 40 percent from the floor, you got to have something that justifies floor time or even a spot on many rosters. A knockdown shooter from 3, a top-level stopper, a guy who can create havoc and create with the dribble, something. The other four guys on the floor can divvy up what Solo is going to give an NBA team most nights, so why have him out there when you can bring in an elite shooter, or a more efficient scorer, or better defender? There were lots of guys in the league I liked, just like Solomon, who disappeared despite doing some pretty decent things. They may want something specifically at that position too and want to go a new direction

With all that said, the Pacers or their fans have no reasons to gripe about Solomon at all. Late first round pick came in and for a whole season picked up the slack due to injuries and did a pretty dang good job. Now those guys are back and healthy. You look at picks in that 23-30 range historically, how many of them give you much of anything? There are obviously exceptions, and some decent role players taken there (and later), but you got 78 games started from the dude with a late first round pick? That is better than many in that range. He wasn't flashy, he showed up and did the job.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Olsondogg wrote:The NBA is so shitty. There is literally nothing I like about that league.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lost in TJs great night, AG had a career high 19 on a very efficient shooting night and 8 boards. Over 30 min tonight, think someone got injured
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jordan Hill - 16 pts, 10 rbs
Chase Budinger - 4 pts, 4 rbs, 1 ast
Solomon Hill - DNP
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - 0 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast
Richard Jefferson - 9 pts, 4 rbs, 3 ast
Derrick Williams - 7 pts, 2 rbs
Aaron Gordon - 19 pts, 8 rbs, 1 ast
Jason Terry - 2 pts, 2 rbs, 3 ast
Channing Frye - DNP
TJ McConnell - 7 pts, 9 rbs, 12 ast
Jerryd Bayless - 5 pts, 4 rbs, 3 ast
Andre Iguodala - 6 pts, 5 rbs, 5 ast

Did I miss anyone?

Oh, and Luke Walton is the leading Coach of the Year candidate after the first few weeks. ;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Chicat wrote:Jordan Hill - 16 pts, 10 rbs
Chase Budinger - 4 pts, 4 rbs, 1 ast
Solomon Hill - DNP
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - 0 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast
Richard Jefferson - 9 pts, 4 rbs, 3 ast
Derrick Williams - 7 pts, 2 rbs
Aaron Gordon - 19 pts, 8 rbs, 1 ast
Jason Terry - 2 pts, 2 rbs, 3 ast
Channing Frye - DNP
TJ McConnell - 7 pts, 9 rbs, 12 ast
Jerryd Bayless - 5 pts, 4 rbs, 3 ast
Andre Iguodala - 6 pts, 5 rbs, 5 ast

Did I miss anyone?

Oh, and Luke Walton is the leading Coach of the Year candidate after the first few weeks. ;)
Curry makes anyone look like Coach of the Year.
Stanley Johnson?
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I don't think the Pistons played.

As for Curry and Walton, Curry is doing what only Jordan has done before him. Therefore, Walton = Phil Jackson. Just call him The Zen Master Dude.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It seems as though SJ is going through much of what he went through here as far as forcing things on the offensive end and then letting a lack of success on that end affect his D as well.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/sti ... rebounding" target="_blank

And from the comments section, anyone know this guy?
Jeff Wallace • 18 hours ago

I am a U of A fan and I want to warn you that SJ is not going to be that special player he thinks he is and others think he is, sorry. How he played in college is who he is, inconsistant and self-centered. In big games he would like disappear by not knocking down good look shots, taking bad look shots, turning over the ball too often and just not playing well enough at both ends of the court against higher quality players. He doen't have that "it" factor that elevates the really good and great players at crunch time. Again sorry, he should have stayed in school for a year or two more to mature and develope.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat, yes, I think that's JMarkJohns.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Come on, you laughed.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I did.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

We have too many fans stuck in 1960 who think they know whats best for kids and hold grudges for them jumping early. Most of them praying for them to fail only so they can say I told you so.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This guy may be just a fan, but here's his take on RHJ so far:

http://nothinbutnets.com/2015/11/08/bro ... fantastic/" target="_blank
One of the biggest surprises for Hollis-Jefferson this season has been his passing. Despite coming out of college as a raw, athletic, defensive oriented player, his passing has been superb. He has been great at penetrating the defense, and he always seems to find open players under the basket. Countless times this season, he has driven to the hoop and found Brook Lopez right under the basket for an easy layup. When a team has a guy that can do this, they will get a lot of high percentage shots.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Lopez and RHJ have been the only bright spots for the Nets.

He's holding the opposition to 7% under league average shooting, which is really good. Also, the Nets are 32 points better per 100 possessions (+13 offense, -19 defense) with Rondae on the floor.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SJ went for 20 and 7 last night off the bench. Shot 9 of 14.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I've noticed the passing too with Rondae. He's been a swiss army knife out there outside of scoring. Finding ways to make himself productive to team offense rather than just standing on the perimeter and merely waiting for the ball to go back the other direction. I will say this though, the Shimmy is gone. Not completely, but extremely toned down, he is doing a REALLY light shimmy as he is gathering the ball and bringing it up, real quick, and far before the usual time he shimmied here. Hard to explain, u just have to see. He is also shooting under 38 percent from the line. Wonder if someone said something about it, again.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Nets taking it to the Warrior in GS through one quarter, up 15. Rondae all 12 minutes, 5 pts 6 boards 2 assists and a steal.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Wow nice. Nice range on that shot too.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Luke Walton has the Warriors at 13-0.

Time to give him the job full time and move Kerr into the front office. ;)
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Great Q&A on Iggy/Walton

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... ke-walton/" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Rough night defensively for Rondae against the Celtics. Quite a few mental lapses, poor positioning off the ball, leaving his man for help when not needed/gambling and not being able to get back out in time. He was disruptive at times but yikes. Seven boards though, some nice passing, and a few really nice moves. Had an impressive drive on Marcus Smart with his right hand, stopped on a dime and stepped back for a 10 footer. Good to see him adapting and figuring out ways to put points on the board. Got out of control at times, four turnovers

On to watch Stanley

Edit: wow, went off in garbage time when i thought he was done for the night and got his first double double
Last edited by rgdeuce on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Stanley was a player tonight. Played the whole fourth quarter and hit two big threes and had a driving dunk. Finished with 15 on 6-10 and 3-5 from three. His defense was exceptional, did a great job on Wiggins, and also had some time on Lavine and Shabazz. Best defense ive seen him play.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Watched the Cavs/Magic game last night. AG was on LeBron most of the time he was in and he did a fantastic job. I think he only scored 4 or 6 pts on him. He had a lot of assist because players helped off which wasnt needed.

At one point the announcer said there are 3 Wildcats on the floor. AG, RJ and CF. Frye came in late in the 4th and swished three 3s in about 1:10 seconds. I dont know why they dont play him more
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Luke Walton. . . Coach of the Month. . .despite having exactly 0 official wins. NBA rules are weird.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Apparently the NBA is looking into the rules and wants to give Luke credit for them. Steve seems rather upset over it

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14210 ... ess-wonder" target="_blank
"I think it's ridiculous," Kerr told ESPN.com when asked about getting all of Walton's wins. "I'm sitting in the locker room and watching the games on TV, and I'm not even traveling to most of the road games. Luke's doing all the work with the rest of the staff. Luke is 15-0 right now. I'm not. So it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, to be honest with you. I don't even understand it."

Walton expresses no angst over being winless, saying of Kerr, "Steve's done a lot for me. It's the least I can do to add a couple wins on his total for him with all he's done for me."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rondae is out indefinitely. Ankle surgery. He had made 14 starts so far.

Sucks... :(
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Oh dang I didn't see that. Hope he gets well soon and comes back this year
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

DWills shoe store is moving. Changing the name from VII Grand to Rival Sneakers. Opening across from Hub on Congress. Might be new owners too

https://twitter.com/rivalsneakers" target="_blank

Zero

Post by Zero »

Much better location.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What is it with Arizona studs and their bad luck with feet/ankles; Rondae, Bash, Zeus, Gordon....? Rondae was getting better every night, so hard to see that happen to him.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Had Steve been coaching there would have been 7 Wildcats on the floor last night for GSW and IND.

What an incredible game. Typical GSW blowout (Klay had 39 with 10 threes through 3) and then Solo and Chase turn on the afterburners in the 4Q and get the 30 pt lead down to 9. In the final 2 mins Solo grabbed 4 off rebs and scored 6 pts. Chase scored 10 in the 4Q

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

well Tony Wroten is back so TJ moves down the bench. Or does he?
McConnell will move to the bench Thursday against Brooklyn, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Tony Wroten will move into the starting lineup at point guard in what will be his third game back from a knee injury, pushing McConnell to the bench. McConnell exceeded expectations as a passer and floor general as the 76ers' starter, but he's simply too limited, offensively, to hold onto the job long-term.
Against Brooklyn last night:

Wroten 17mins 9 PT 3/5 FG 0/1 3PT 2 AST 4 REB 1 STL 2 TO -3 +-

TJ off the bench 24 mins 17 PT 6/9 FG 3/4 3PT 1 AST 1 REB 3 STL 2 TO +3 +-

Should have been 10+ assists but these guys cannot knock down wide open shots. Stauskas airballed one TJ assist :oops:

He embarrassed Jarrett Jack all night :lol:

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Saw this over on Lakersground.net

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopi ... start=1075" target="_blank

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:25 am Post subject:
My "Points Generated" stat from the Class of '15. (min. 15mpg)

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm with Rondae!

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Merkin wrote:I'm with Rondae!

Hey man ETs people are in star wars, they're part of the galactic senate!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Stanley had a huge 4th w 9 points to help his team get the lead late in Chicago. Overall 16 pts 7 boards.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Triple OT. As good of a regular season game as u will see. Stan wont give stanley any OT burn

Now quadruple. Didnt get stanley in til last possession. Reggie Jackson 0-3 on shots at end of regulation.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

DET has 6 players with 5 fouls...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I hate when journalists use the word robbery to describe a burglary or grand larceny. The common-law definition of robbery is theft by use or threatened use of physical force. I'm glad to see he is safe and he was not assaulted, bound up, or threatened with a gun. Hope he had those things insured. Lesson learned the hard way otherwise.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i could never imagine spending that much money on jewelry.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Stanley 14pts in the 1H:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

The women jewel thieves.

Rey?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/12/p ... e=facebook" target="_blank

Last Friday night, Knicks forward Derrick Williams hit a club in New York City following his team’s win against the 76ers. According to reports, he stayed out until about 5 the next morning, took two women home with him, and then woke up to find that about $750,000 worth of jewelry was missing from his apartment. An Audemars Piguet watch worth upwards of $145,000, four Rolexes, and a diamond chain with a Hennessy logo on it (!!!) were among the items missing. Williams blamed the two women for the theft and filed a police report.

Police still haven’t been able to track down the missing jewelry, but it looks like they’re getting closer to doing it. They just released a surveillance video that features the two women Williams reportedly went home with that night, and it shouldn’t be long before they’re able to track them down. Assuming these are the women who robbed Williams, did they not think the club would have surveillance video of them?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sure hope he has a promise in this. Pretty hard to live on $25K a year.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Don't lose any sleep worrying about poor old Nick. He has $2,332,826 in guaranteed money for last year, this year, and next. Doesn't matter if he plays in the D-League or his back yard.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jefe wrote:Stanley 14pts in the 1H:

AG had 14 points over a 7 minute span the other night. Have caught a few of Stanley's games the last few weeks. He has had some really great games, his shooting consistency is what has been killing him. On nights when he has it, Van Gundy will leave him out to close out games. He already is one of their best defenders.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

F Jerry Colangelo. Ish Smith is apparently the answer to the team's problems. Kendall Marshall has been playing like ass for the most part though, but here is where we watch TJ get buried at the end of the bench. Just 2 minutes played in his return back to Arizona.