Blowout Losses

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

Re: Blowout Losses

Post by 97cats »

some of these superlatives are silly, but what was on point was being at the WMO in the 16th skybox with Newportcat on Thursday - great guy, great conversation, he has lots of passion and care for Arizona in general, that was cool.

i also noticed the service was on point, that helped for me...and, looking back we didn’t talk AZ Basketball an overwhelming amount, just a few stretches on both days.

it’s true, there was a time where I had unrelenting access, and I could tell more stories than an afternoon would allow - was fun, I enjoyed all the banter and time spent very much.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Newportcat wrote:Arizona could lose every game the rest of this season but the fact I met and got to hang out with 97 makes my year. Any story you have heard about him...

The first time I met '97 was around 10 years ago & I hugged him (as a stranger) in front of his wife and their friends. It was the height of awkward. The couple times we got to hang out since were much more comfortable!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:I've heard a lot lately about how brick and mortar businesses are supposed to actually grow in the near future.
Dollar General going into depressed areas, esp rural America:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/423717 ... ng-returns" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Well, now I'm jealous I've never met 97 Cats.

It has saved me from a conversation with my wife about how I'm meeting a stranger from the internet at a bar, but it's probably a guy, so it's ok. Plus, she knows I'm emotionally involved with Arizona basketball, so I'm not even sure that would help.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The last numbers I saw stated that brick and mortar stores still accounted for around 90% of all retail sales.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Merkin wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:I've heard a lot lately about how brick and mortar businesses are supposed to actually grow in the near future.
Dollar General going into depressed areas, esp rural America:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/423717 ... ng-returns" target="_blank
Yep, discount stores are the bells of the ball and have been for awhile. I think 97 said Marshalls has been one of the top retailers since 2009.

The internet shopping thing is real but over blown in some ways. I do not do much investing on the retail side of commercial real estate but 97 is a true savant when it comes to it.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

97cats wrote:some of these superlatives are silly, but what was on point was being at the WMO in the 16th skybox with Newportcat on Thursday - great guy, great conversation, he has lots of passion and care for Arizona in general, that was cool.

i also noticed the service was on point, that helped for me...and, looking back we didn’t talk AZ Basketball an overwhelming amount, just a few stretches on both days.

it’s true, there was a time where I had unrelenting access, and I could tell more stories than an afternoon would allow - was fun, I enjoyed all the banter and time spent very much.
sure whatever you say....your secret is safe with me

2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS