Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Postmaster

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Postmaster »

Scheer just posted an article that says it’s firing or status quo.
No extension anytime soon.
Didn’t sound too gloomy.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CatFanOneMil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm Ya know...Robbins and Heeke don't actually HAVE to do anything this week...or next week either...there is no looming deadline here...there is no sword of damocles hanging over them other than what the independent counsel comes out with and nothing they do this week or next week will have ANY affect on that at all.

It's not like hiring or firing Miller will change the outcome of the investigation and whatever decision is handed down CANNOT be appealed so my money is on them not doing anything at all right now.

Miller is probably fine with it as well because he's still doing his thing.

Sheer is not god.
So Miller's hands should be tied recruiting wise because there's zero certainty within the program? Robbins should just keep disrespecting Miller by playing these ego games with him? Miller is being treated like absolute shit and there's there's no way he's fine with this.

Also, it's not just Scheer. Other reliable people have been saying at the same thing. Scheer agreeing is pretty much the final nail in Miler's coffin.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I do think it is so ironic. Throughout all the turmoil perhaps self induced, but all the turmoil, the articles, the media commentary, the Twitter insults from all sides, the constant rumor mill, the pressure from inside and from some fans...

The dude keeps working, keeps coaching snd has yet to say anything negative or derogatory towards anyone involving all of this. He’s never said anything negative towards any of the administration or Arizona at all. He salutes the fans, talks good about his superiors, and praises other coaches and programs both at Arizona and elsewhere.

His players love him and think what you want of his coaching, but he’s handled an extremely difficult situation with class.

In fact, I bet he never says a bad word even if he gets canned.

That’s pretty damn impressive admirable IMO.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
JCatano

Post by JCatano »

A UofA head coach will be running a practice for me on Friday. I'm very tempted to send a text and ask about this, but that's probably not in good form. Maybe I will casually bring it up on Friday...
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 pm
CatFanOneMil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm Ya know...Robbins and Heeke don't actually HAVE to do anything this week...or next week either...there is no looming deadline here...there is no sword of damocles hanging over them other than what the independent counsel comes out with and nothing they do this week or next week will have ANY affect on that at all.

It's not like hiring or firing Miller will change the outcome of the investigation and whatever decision is handed down CANNOT be appealed so my money is on them not doing anything at all right now.

Sheer is not god.
So Miller's hands should be tied recruiting wise because there's zero certainty within the program? Robbins should just keep disrespecting Miller by playing these ego games with him? Miller is being treated like absolute shit and there's there's no way he's fine with this.

Also, it's not just Scheer. Other reliable people have been saying at the same thing. Scheer agreeing is pretty much the final nail in Miler's coffin.
Ok first of all we do not know the ins and outs of what Miller and Robbins have discussed, amongst themselves, amongst legal, about contracts about extensions about how to handle whatever comes next...we are all ASSUMING Robbins/Heeke are just leaving Miller flapping in the wind and hung out to dry...but no one here, or at Rivals or Sheers site or anywhere else for that matter knows a damn thing about what they've actually discussed.

Everyone is projecting.

PROJECTION IS ASSUMPTION BASED ON FEAR.

For all we know they have made an agreement and sent it to legal and it still needs to run through ABOR for approval and ABOR MAY have said 'We are not approving Miller until the IARP has handed down its decision..." which would be perfectly legitimate.

Those scenarios are just as likely as anything Zagaholic or Sheer have posited...

The idea that Robbins and Heeke MUST make a PUBLIC decision right now about a head coaches extension that MUST BE APPROVED BY another committee that will not meet until June is really just speculation at this point...add to that the fact that Miller continues to add recruits even now and I am pretty sure he will coach the 2021-2022 season.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:17 pm I do think it is so ironic. Throughout all the turmoil perhaps self induced, but all the turmoil, the articles, the media commentary, the Twitter insults from all sides, the constant rumor mill, the pressure from inside and from some fans...

The dude keeps working, keeps coaching snd has yet to say anything negative or derogatory towards anyone involving all of this. He’s never said anything negative towards any of the administration or Arizona at all. He salutes the fans, talks good about his superiors, and praises other coaches and programs both at Arizona and elsewhere.

His players love him and think what you want of his coaching, but he’s handled an extremely difficult situation with class.

In fact, I bet he never says a bad word even if he gets canned.

That’s pretty damn impressive admirable IMO.
Very well said.
ekat

Post by ekat »

CatFanOneMil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:22 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 pm

Sheer is not god.

Ok first of all we do not know the ins and outs of what Miller and Robbins have discussed, amongst themselves, amongst legal, about contracts about extensions about how to handle whatever comes next...we are all ASSUMING Robbins/Heeke are just leaving Miller flapping in the wind and hung out to dry...but no one here, or at Rivals or Sheers site or anywhere else for that matter knows a damn thing about what they've actually discussed.

Everyone is projecting.

PROJECTION IS ASSUMPTION BASED ON FEAR.

For all we know they have made an agreement and sent it to legal and it still needs to run through ABOR for approval and ABOR MAY have said 'We are not approving Miller until the IARP has handed down its decision..." which would be perfectly legitimate.

Those scenarios are just as likely as anything Zagaholic or Sheer have posited...

The idea that Robbins and Heeke MUST make a PUBLIC decision right now about a head coaches extension that MUST BE APPROVED BY another committee that will not meet until June is really just speculation at this point...add to that the fact that Miller continues to add recruits even now and I am pretty sure he will coach the 2021-2022 season.
Except...ABOR’s meetings are public. Their agendas are public. Their minutes are public. There is no way your scenario above has happened. The way the Board functions, you can’t present a contract without it being public, for example, the meeting they are having on Adia Barnes’ extension.

Furthermore, since the IARP has no timeline, and quite frankly probably won’t make a decision until Miller (and Robbins) contract(s) expire, they wouldn’t handcuff the university that way. In the course of my life, I’ve known several of the Board members. They don’t operate the way you are suggesting. The ABOR has its own rules and refs they have to follow.

Finally, there is every reason for Robbins and his minion to make a public statement one way or the other (fired, extended) and not leave recruits (and their families, because most recruits are still minors) players, assistant coaches, the video guy, all the people whose livelihoods depend on this decision, hanging in the breeze while rumors are flaming sky high. One statement ends all the speculation and lets everyone move on.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:02 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm Is something about to happen or is Scheer just being Scheer?
Just Sheer being Sheer...these rumors by "Zagaholic" are not exactly crystal ball solid...

This is the same guy who predicted the Zags would beat Baylor 88-74...

He also predicted they would beat UCLA by 25 (89-64)...

His track record in the last 2 weeks is terrible. Not sure why anyone would consider him an authority on anything...seems like a polite version of Ace.
Anyone who says "I've been sitting on this information for weeks" is hardly ever sitting on anything more than two seconds or just pretending he knows something that others may have said. First of all I want nothing to do with a coach getting ready for the national championship game talking to others instead of giving his all to his current employer. Frankly my bet is Lloyd who I don't know would have that same sensibility.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 pm
zonagrad wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 pm All I know is that Robbins is cited in the NCAA's NOA as having committed a violation. Miller? Miller committed no violation. Book committed the felony. Phelps committed a violation. Robbins committed a violation. Miller is blamed for not policing Richardson. Why isn't the BOR hounding Robbins for HIS INVOLVEMENT in the NCAA infractions?
My friend and I were pondering that very thing earlier today.
No issue here. Robbins and our AD would not give our investigative report to the NCAA. I guess the NCAA never heard of attorney client privilege. They should not have given this information to the NCAA and it will fall by the waste side in a nano second.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I've emailed the Jet and Reggie G about what's cooking. As you all saw the Jet, Kerr and Ben were in the gym two days ago and did not seem worried as they sent a video to the women's team.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I hope this just ends soon, one way or another. I wish I could give up caring about Arizona sports, but sadly it just doesn't seem possible. Sure I'll be mad at Robbins (again) but my passion for Arizona can't be ruined by one idiot. I really hope Robbins does not get a new contract and next year will be his last. After that, Heeke gets fired and we can move on towards better things.
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

So now musselman is part of the rumors lol. Fun times.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The Athletic Department has been pretending the Men's Basketball Program doesn't exist for a month now.

If they fire Miller now, they won't have to pretend anymore.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Well. CSM is my top choice but Muss > Lloyd
I said what I said and I mean it.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

NickyBCats wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:42 am So now musselman is part of the rumors lol. Fun times.
Entering the theatre of the absurd.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 am Well. CSM is my top choice but Muss > Lloyd
Yeah. Keeping Miller is the right choice, but Mussleman is at least a guy who would be a solid choice if we had a vacancy, as opposed to Lloyd.

Not putting an extension out if you keep Miller, per Scheer's article above, is the dumbest of the choices because it actively hampers recruiting.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Musselman is only being considered because he was NOT hired at Minnesota or N Carolina...I have not seen ANY evidence he is even available since he just landed Chris Lykes...talk of his departure is vastly just made up crap by USA Today...

I don't know who these sports writers are who keep making up shit but lets just agree that its journalistic feces and move on.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Musselman just took a job.... Stop
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Nothing new, just wanted to say Coach Miller is an all-time great Wildcat and I hope he has a great day.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I always heard from Scheer and I think Choo as well that Musselman has too much baggage.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:18 am I always heard from Scheer and I think Choo as well that Musselman has too much baggage.
It's been said, but it wasn't enough to keep him from a P5 job, and he's created big, immediate improvements at both Nevada and Arkansas.

I don't know what sort of baggage it is, but it's not the type that prevents P5 success.

Look, the answer is the same. Extend Miller 2-3 years with minimal buyout. It's 100% the correct choice for so, so many reasons.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

That does not show the necessary genius that the U of A president must have. That is only common sense and therefore inadequate.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

According to Goodman and ESPN it's official. CSM is gone
I said what I said and I mean it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Wow
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Total shock.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

The handling of football and Miller has shown how Incompetent the administration is. Not looking forward to the continuation into the basketball hiring process at all.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fire up the hot board.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is wrong in so many ways. AZ hoops will recover, however long it takes. It's wrong because Sean Miller deserved better than this.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I hate Heeke and Robbins
ekat

Post by ekat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 am This is wrong in so many ways. AZ hoops will recover, however long it takes. It's wrong because Sean Miller deserved better than this.
So did his staff. And his team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well SCCats, you got what you wanted.

I hope it works out well for you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Captcarnage

Post by Captcarnage »

Why now? Why not 4 years ago? Stupid.

Now we will get some guy who has bounced around the NBA and CBB for 20 years, BFF with robbins.

Ugh. Talk about killing the golden goose
Miller does deserve better. His new team will be my favorite
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Captcarnage wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 am Why now? Why not 4 years ago? Stupid.

Now we will get some guy who has bounced around the NBA and CBB for 20 years, BFF with robbins.

Ugh. Talk about killing the golden goose
Miller does deserve better. His new team will be my favorite
I agree 100%. This just made me a huge fan of Miller's next team.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Fuck! So stupid...I hate Robbins and Heeke so much.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Fuck this
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm pretty upset and not especially hopeful for the next few years of UA basketball. I'm really in shock at the brazenness of this administration
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 amFuck this
Thank you Robbins for saving me so much future wasted time and money on a program and University run by a clown. Glad I have started my career already so the mess you are making the University of Arizona into will not adversely affect my ability to find employment when it is included on my resume.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

There goes Az basketball for the next 5-6 years at least...there is NO coach available that can recover this big a mistake in any foreseeable future.

Just gutted the entire team, players would be idiots to stay in this mess...

Robbins needs to be fired asap and Heeke with him. gutless dickless idiots.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just shocked. What a clown show led by Bozo Bobby
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

( enter name here) should be dragged through the streets of Tucson letting all its faithful fans come out to skullfuck his corpse.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well dang it, already bought plane tickets and reserved hotel in vegas.

Son of a.........

Thanks Bobby robby for screwing up my trip!!!!

Feel bad for miller, if they were gonna can him they should have done it earlier.

Can't even say how upset I am about this.

Total shock!!! Makes no sense at all!??!?!?.!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

This is interesting.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Damon or Jet
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

What head coach in his right mind would touch Az basketball right now?

With Robbins micro managing and dissing the position, and infractions looming???

I will place money on donors pulling funds within the next few months and Robbins getting nervous, as he should.

Heeke is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

We will go a year without a head coach even if they hire someone...no one worth their money would come here now.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Ricky Bobby needs to coach this team himself.

Why put an innocent person through the hell we are going to be for the next 5 years
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

So terrible. I hope Sean sues ESPN for all the false reporting and destroying his name for accusing payments that never showed up in the investigations.

What are the boosters thinking right now? Robbins has lost his mind.