Jefe

Re: Devonaire Doutrive

Post by Jefe »

He is out for NAU as well. Need him for Illinois
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:Wow thats stupid. Do we self report stuff like this to the NCAA? I would hope not
It was an in house test, we handle it the way we want to handle it. If it was a NCAA test it'd be much tougher, which is why you handle it now before this shit happens as you enter the NCAA tournament.
I'll handle the Turner nightmare flashbacks for this point alone. We're getting to a point where when it comes to this particular issue, it's not even the offense. It's about the stupidity of timing. I'd be good with Coach sitting him for awhile if he wants. The fact that DD gets it handled in house is enough of a gift.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:Wow thats stupid. Do we self report stuff like this to the NCAA? I would hope not
It was an in house test, we handle it the way we want to handle it. If it was a NCAA test it'd be much tougher, which is why you handle it now before this shit happens as you enter the NCAA tournament.

Wouldn't DD lose eligibility for the year if the NCAA caught it instead of the UA?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Wouldn't DD lose eligibility for the year if the NCAA caught it instead of the UA?
I think that used to be the punishment. I'm not sure what the deal is now, but honestly deal with it now so it for sure doesn't become an issue when it's the most important part of the season and we're counting on him.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... -threshold" target="_blank

6/19 - NCAA increases THC testing threshold

At a meeting last week in Indianapolis, the NCAA Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports decided to bump the THC testing threshold for student-athletes from 15 to 35 nanograms per milliliter. The committee made the decision in order to prevent those who have inhaled cannabis via secondhand smoke from triggering a positive test and facing penalties.

The NCAA raised the threshold from 5 to 15 nanograms per milliliter in 2017 out of concern for passive inhalation. Since the shift, the NCAA’s drug-testing partner, Drug Free Sport International, has tested 675 student-athletes, with 78 yielding a positive test. Of those, 40% registered lower than 50 nanograms per milliliter, including several student-athletes who indicated the positive test was the result of secondhand inhalation.

The move to 35 nanograms per milliliter also mirrors the standard in effect in several major professional sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA and WNBA.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

The smoker you drink, the player you get

Indefinite hopefully means one game (as soon as he pisses clean)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Depending on usage, his piss test could be positive from 2-4 days to 4-6weeks.

He’s a leaner dude so he’s probably on the quicker side of that spectrum
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned wrote:I mean, Hassan Adams played drunk with a boner.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Depending on usage, his piss test could be positive from 2-4 days to 4-6weeks.

He’s a leaner dude so he’s probably on the quicker side of that spectrum
Also depends on the amount and frequency of use.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Does this apply?

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-insti ... ug-testing" target="_blank
What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

The penalty for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug (PED) is strict and automatic: student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test. A second positive test for a PED results in the loss of all remaining eligibility.

The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the cannabinoid class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates. A second positive test for a cannabinoid results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test.

A student-athlete who is involved in a case of clearly observed tampering with an NCAA drug test, as documented per NCAA drug-testing protocol by a doping control crew member, shall be declared ineligible for further participation in postseason and regular-season competition during the time period ending two calendar years (i.e., 730 days) after the student-athlete was involved in tampering with a drug test.

If a student-athlete who is selected for NCAA drug testing does not show up for testing or refuses to provide a sample, he or she will be penalized as if there were a positive drug test result for a PED.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Then there's this:
What is the penalty for failing a school-administered drug test?

Each NCAA member school is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

If it's the 2nd one there's this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... 019_20.pdf" target="_blank
XIII. SANCTIONS
The following sets forth the Sanctions of violating this Program while a Student-Athlete
is enrolled at the University of Arizona.
A. The Sanctions described below may apply each time a Student-Athlete violates this
Program:

a. Notify Team Physician, Head Athletic trainer, Head Coach, the Conduct Advisory
Committee, and the Associate Athletics Director, Psychological Services and
Wellness Services.
b. Mandatory testing at ICA’s discretion for a full year staring from the date of the
violation
c. Mandatory assessment(s) and treatment recommendations as directed by the ICA
Physician and Psychologist
d. The head coach or designee may notify the parents or legal guardians of the
Student-Athlete to make them aware of the recommended corrective actions.

Sequence of Withholdings from Competition

Recreational Drugs

First offense: No Withholding
2nd offense: 10%
3rd offense: 20%
4th offense: Minimum of One Year
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Does this mean it’s at least a second offense?
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

Any chance he’s back on Sunday?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pretty sure once his piss is clean, he’s back.

Now, for a guy like me, that would take more than a month...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

Saw on WA someone said they’re hearing a good chance he’ll be back Sunday.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NickyBCats wrote:Any chance he’s back on Sunday?
Pray the THC away.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Anyone heard anything?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Anyone heard anything?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Should have waited to pick him, heard rumors he would play. Hope he comes back soon.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Should have waited to pick him, heard rumors he would play. Hope he comes back soon.
Next week seems likely.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Should have waited to pick him, heard rumors he would play. Hope he comes back soon.
Next week seems likely.
I know someone who has been to a few practices. His text to me last night, "you think we look good & fast now wait until you see this team with Doutrive."
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Illinois tried to push us past the gearing we had last year and it suited us to a T. If DD gives us even more fully integrated fluid speed it'll be wonderful. Pac-12 refs hobbling the ponies and killin' the buzz....here we come.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UofAlum05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Next week seems likely.
I know someone who has been to a few practices. His text to me last night, "you think we look good & fast now wait until you see this team with Doutrive."
If DD is even half as good as some have been saying, this could be the best group of guards CSM has had on a single roster. I can't remember a year when we had five guards as strong as NM, JG, DD, JH and JB. And six if you include DS.

This team needs to swarm the other team's dribble and passing lanes and get off to the races. Miller must be losing sleep over the potential of this group.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Beachcat97 wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Next week seems likely.
If DD is even half as good as some have been saying, this could be the best group of guards CSM has had on a single roster. I can't remember a year when we had five guards as strong as NM, JG, DD, JH and JB. And six if you include DS.

This team needs to swarm the other team's dribble and passing lanes and get off to the races. Miller must be losing sleep over the potential of this group.
And Jemarl clearly isn't fully healthy yet...definitely a solid chance to go down as Miller's best guard/wing group.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Doutrive Watch 2019 continues...
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Beachcat97 wrote:Doutrive Watch 2019 continues...
dare i say... #gameshoes ?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UofAlum05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Next week seems likely.
Uh huh
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Next week seems likely.
Uh huh
so he's still balling out in practice? man, i am so excited for this year.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Wild that we haven't seen DD since September. Hopefully we get more of him tomorrow.

DD splitting minutes with Smith (cutting Smith to 12 minutes from 25) should help our offensive consistency - hopefully without too much drop in our defense given the added strength to DD's lengthy frame. Then we'd have Josh, Nico, and Zeke getting max minutes (33min/g or so) while everyone else gets between 12-20 min/g.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

back - per Jason Scheer
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

97cats wrote:back - per Jason Scheer
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We need video
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Quick poll: Does DD...

A) Need time to work himself back into rhythm, or
B) Go the fuck off tonight
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you thought we played fast before...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
terryarms

Post by terryarms »

YoDeFoe wrote:Quick poll: Does DD...

A) Need time to work himself back into rhythm, or
B) Go the fuck off tonight
This seems like the type of game that DD could get some numbers
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I’d like to see Koloko get some extended minutes.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Sounds like he should be in the starting line-up over Smith, based on the reports of his alleged development.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

You can’t put him in the starting lineup after suspending him two games for being a knucklehead.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Start him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Start him.
You can tell he benefits from extended minutes to get into a rhythm.

Start him.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Shockingly, I’m going to take the dissenting position. We have tons of scoring punch in the starting lineup. We need Doutrive in the second wave to avoid a big letdown.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Shockingly, I’m going to take the dissenting position. We have tons of scoring punch in the starting lineup. We need Doutrive in the second wave to avoid a big letdown.
He brings a lot more than scoring. Offensive rebounding and ball-handling being at the top of the list.

He’s not nearly the defender Smith is, but I like having a defensive stopper coming off the bench to disrupt the other team’s flow.
terryarms

Post by terryarms »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Shockingly, I’m going to take the dissenting position. We have tons of scoring punch in the starting lineup. We need Doutrive in the second wave to avoid a big letdown.
I think DD is best as the 6th man with Baker starting at the 2. Doutrive can take the reins more with the second unit as the primary ballhandler and creator, while also bringing a lot of scoring. I thin he would thrive in that microwave, sparkplug type role.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I come from the school of starting your best players. DD is one of them. Start him.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

From Pascoe's article this AM:

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... 7e0ec.html" target="_blank
But that still doesn’t mean he will jump into the starting lineup. Before suspending Doutrive on Nov. 1, UA coach Sean Miller had indicated Doutrive would have been a part of the starting lineup but Miller said after Thursday’s game that the lineup was “pretty set” at this point.

The plan was “just to get him in and allow him to play a role,” Miller said. “There wasn't any particular minutes (to give him) other than he wasn't gonna start. You know, we're pretty set there right now, just our starting lineup.”

Still, Miller indicated he was happy to see what Doutrive did after missing the Wildcats’ Nov. 1 exhibition with Chico State and two regular-season games.

“I think it's obvious that he's a much better player than he was a year ago,” Miller said. “And that's to his credit. It will take a little bit of time for us to insert him.”
Sounds to me like there is some coaching going on here, either motivating DD to improve is some areas, or attitude adjustment...

... I trust CSM, especially at this stage of the season.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
StickItInTheyFace

Post by StickItInTheyFace »

Chicat wrote:
He brings a lot more than scoring. Offensive rebounding and ball-handling being at the top of the list.

He’s not nearly the defender Smith is, but I like having a defensive stopper coming off the bench to disrupt the other team’s flow.
Completely agree, remember Miller did a similar thing for a while back in 2014-2015, having Rondae come in as the 6th man and York start. Obviously different players, Sophomore DD > Junior York and Rondae>>>>>>Smith. But the same strategy applies, put your best defender on any guard that starts hot. I don't think this roster will need a scoring punch off the bench, not nearly as much as a defensive one. The first half of last night was pretty ugly and rebounding stuck out like a sore thumb. Start DD.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

This will sort itself out as the season progresses. This team is like a giant puzzle, unlike past teams where 1 or 2 players were indispensable. When February rolls around ( if not sooner) take a look at who’s on the floor with 3 minutes left in a close game. Those will be the best 5 players.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

zonagrad wrote:This will sort itself out as the season progresses. This team is like a giant puzzle, unlike past teams where 1 or 2 players were indispensable. When February rolls around ( if not sooner) take a look at who’s on the floor with 3 minutes left in a close game. Those will be the best 5 players.
I remember Lute used to say something similar. It's not who starts the game, it's who is out there end of game at crunch time.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

zonagrad wrote:This will sort itself out as the season progresses. This team is like a giant puzzle, unlike past teams where 1 or 2 players were indispensable. When February rolls around ( if not sooner) take a look at who’s on the floor with 3 minutes left in a close game. Those will be the best 5 players.
Yeah. We are very much developing. The three freshmen seem indispensable, but I'm honestly not sure on anyone else, which shocks me because I was sure about Jeter preseason.