Devonaire Doutrive

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: Devonaire Doutrive

Post by Alieberman »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Alieberman wrote:This seems to hurt us more for next year.
As others have argued - this provides more clear, open minutes next season. The clarity should be useful in convincing quality recruits to come on board.
I was under the impression that our recruiting class for next year might be slim due to a certain pending NCAA investigation.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Alieberman wrote:This seems to hurt us more for next year.
As others have argued - this provides more clear, open minutes next season. The clarity should be useful in convincing quality recruits to come on board.
Like one visiting this weekend and another who will announce in a matter of weeks.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

When does the semester end, December?

Hopefully his scholie will go to one of the walk-ons for next semester.
Last edited by Merkin on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

this was all about attitude - he kept talking back, whining, and being a disruptive voice and “the coaches just got tired of it”

11/22/19 - 4:05pm PT
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

97cats wrote:this was all about attitude, he kept talking back, whining, and being a disruptive voice and “the coaches just got tired of it”
Sounds like this move does 2 things:

1) eliminates a possible cancer
2) shows the new guys that Sean isn't fucking around this year. You are either All-In or All-Out.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

97cats wrote:this was all about attitude - he kept talking back, whining, and being a disruptive voice and “the coaches just got tired of it”

Good. Miller is not about to fuck around this year. Not with this group of guys. Not with revenge in his eyes.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Everyone just moved up a seat! Get some run Koloko
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:this was all about attitude - he kept talking back, whining, and being a disruptive voice and “the coaches just got tired of it”

"He had 3 strikes:

1. The transfer request
2. Smoking weed
3. Being a 'fuck'"
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

In that case, please let the door hit you on the way out, Doutrive.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

baycat93 wrote:This has a Chris Rodgers feel to it.

Seems like CSM has learned his lesson and is not going to let a malcontent ruin what seems like good team chemistry otherwise.
or josiah. i wonder whatever happened to that guy.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

jail
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

97cats wrote:jail
Never could stay away from the evil weed.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Good P.I. work Merkin!

Where is he incarcerated?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:Good P.I. work Merkin!

Where is he incarcerated?

Maricopa county. https://www.maricopapublicrecords.com/f ... ?id=173298" target="_blank
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yikes
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

He's got lots of steals and a high offensive rating.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Welp, see ya Doutrive.
EVCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
sirhamsalot wrote:
mrqsjhnsnsux wrote:Was DD the guy in the last minute that was supposed to inbound the ball, but stood on the baseline waiting for someone to hand him the ball that was sitting three feet inside the court? The ref started the five count and Miller had to call a timeout. It was hard to see on TV, but it looked like Miller gave the GTFO point and DD was done
Pretty sure that was Smith.
It was Smith. I thought Miller was upset with the ref for doing that.
He was...because it was bullshit by the ref. It was a made FT and the team that made the FT was setting up defensively to press. None of them offered the ball to the ref even though it was next to their feet. The ref didn't try to get it to Smith, who refused it or anything like that. It is not the offensive player's duty to go get the ball on the floor under the basket off a made FT. If it had been caught coming out of the net then dropped to buy time, or the ref or other team had made a good faith effort to get him the ball and he purposely stone-handed it, sure.

But it is not like he was getting extra time to inbound the ball...if someone broke open, he didn't have the ball anyway. It was a smarmy move by the ref. If Smith picks the ball up then steps across the baseline in a position that is not where he wants to start, do they start the count?

Sean was pissed. And I think rightfully so. Unless I missed something before the count started.
Yep.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

az91

Post by az91 »

97cats wrote:jail
Total waste of talent. Wonder how good he could been without the nonsense?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Commits to Boise State.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good luck kid. Reminds me of Daniel Bejarano
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azgreg wrote:Commits to Boise State.
Boise State wastes no time taking our rejects.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bye
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Can we move this thread now?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So what is he implying?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What the hell does that mean?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He's implying tampering.

FWIW I have zero idea if there was any.

Akot was pulled by his AAU coach, which has no connection to DD, but ultimately DD entered the transfer portal a week ago and one week later he's sold on Boise State? That's weird unless there was shenanigans. Either way it's Boise State and if that's enough to sway you fricken good luck.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Maybe it was Akot whispering in his ear. Besides both thought they were not used properly so someone is in their ear
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ChooChooCat wrote:He's implying tampering.

Akot was pulled by his AAU coach, which has no connection to DD, but ultimately DD entered the transfer portal a week ago and one week later he's sold on Boise State? That's weird unless there was shenanigans. Either way it's Boise State and if that's enough to sway you fricken good luck.
It's not like he was going to play at Arizona again.... why should we care if Boise St or any other school is picking up all our rejects?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Alieberman wrote:

It's not like he was going to play at Arizona again.... why should we care if Boise St or any other school is picking up all our rejects?
The implication is it's more that Boise was poisoning the well and contributing to his fuckery.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

The implication is it's more that Boise was poisoning the well and contributing to his fuckery.
I don't understand this at all. He's poised to have a large starting role at Arizona but then people at Boise fucking State convince him to be a dick at Arizona, get kicked off the team and then he can shine in the bright lights of Boise!!!!

I don't get it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

I don't understand this at all. He's poised to have a large starting role at Arizona but then people at Boise fucking State convince him to be a dick at Arizona, get kicked off the team and then he can shine in the bright lights of Boise!!!!

I don't get it.
Sometimes you show your bias for really good things over unimpressive things that nobody wants.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote: Sometimes you show your bias for really good things over unimpressive things that nobody wants.
It's a subtle but emerging fact that chicks dig it when you're offered Grand Cru but order Bud Light.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

I don't get it.
Might not be as direct as that. Could be people at BS-U telling these kids’ handlers they aren’t getting the keys to the kingdom like they would in Idaho and then those people stirring the pot knowing that if the kid bolts they’ll all have a nice soft landing spot.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Alieberman wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

I don't get it.
He was poised to have a large starting role, but then he smoked it away, and continued to be the king of dipshits afterwards.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

That sounds more like a drug addiction talking than some potatohead out of Boise.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If a kid can be convinced he'd be better off at Boise St than Arizona, then that kid has no business being at Arizona in the 1st place.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:If a kid can be convinced he'd be better off at Boise St than Arizona, then that kid has no business being at Arizona in the 1st place.
In Doutrive’s case, I’m sure getting thrown off the Arizona team probably did a lot of the convincing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Ruben Douglas saw himself on the bench when Gilbert Arenas arrived, and became a star at UNM where at one point he led the nation in scoring.

For every Justin Wessel who wanted to be a small fish in a big pond, there are the Ruben Douglases of the world who wants to be a big fish in a small pond.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Ruben Douglas saw himself on the bench when Gilbert Arenas arrived, and became a star at UNM where at one point he led the nation in scoring.

For every Justin Wessel who wanted to be a small fish in a big pond, there are the Ruben Douglases of the world who wants to be a big fish in a small pond.
Rube wanted to stay. It was his dad who called the shot to transfer.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:Ruben Douglas saw himself on the bench when Gilbert Arenas arrived, and became a star at UNM where at one point he led the nation in scoring.

If I hadn't said "Fuck dad" when I was at the U of A, I wouldn't be driving the 2013 Honda Fit I'm driving today.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

If I hadn't said "Fuck dad" when I was at the U of A, I wouldn't be driving the 2013 Honda Fit I'm driving today.
Rick Rickert dreams of driving a 2013 Honda Fit right now.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Rick Rickert dreams of driving a 2013 Honda Fit right now.

:lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Douglas played for mediocre Lobos teams. He never would’ve started at Arizona until his senior season (Salim’s freshman year). Gilbert was better than Douglas in every aspect.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

zonagrad wrote:

Douglas played for mediocre Lobos teams. He never would’ve started at Arizona until his senior season (Salim’s freshman year). Gilbert was better than Douglas in every aspect.
Rube would've been a hell of a 6th man though.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

ChooChooCat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

Certainly would have been nice to have him when JG and Gilbert were chucking bricks against Duke.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

legallykenny wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

For every Justin Wessel who wanted to be a
small fish in a big pond, there are the Ruben Douglases of the world who wants to be a big fish in a small pond.
Certainly would have been nice to have him when JG and Gilbert were chucking bricks against Duke.
Lamont Frazier wasn’t exactly a gifted shooter off the bench. Don’t forget, Walton played with a busted thumb.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Devonaire Doutrive has now been dismissed by 2 programs. Boise State just told him to take a hike.

What a waste.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 am Devonaire Doutrive has now been dismissed by 2 programs. Boise State just told him to take a hike.

What a waste.
Now HERE'S a name I haven't thought about for a while.

Hope he can get things straightened out. You hate to see this.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 am Devonaire Doutrive has now been dismissed by 2 programs. Boise State just told him to take a hike.

What a waste.
The coach benched him and it sounds like DD didn't want to come off the bench.