Dave Heeke

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Dave Heeke

Post by ChooChooCat »

Is getting a 1 year contract extension and a 100K because god hates us.
StickItInTheyFace

Re: Dave Heeke

Post by StickItInTheyFace »

I wanna die.

This might be the second worst thing I've heard about UofA in the last 3 years. Only behind UArizona.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Extension? Isn't this clown already signed thru 2022? Did we need to make sure that McDonalds doesn't steal him away from us?
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

What a joke!

I guess someone likes him, Robbins?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is the replacement landscape out there so bleak that he could negotiate an extra year?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's a reflection of bad shit happening at the top. Not just at "UArizona", but also at all public universities.
StickItInTheyFace

There was some talk that we wanted to hold onto Heeke until the basketball scandal was cleared and repercussions were dealt with. Could it be that they think it's going to extend farther into the future than we thought? It seems extremely far out, however, I can't come to terms that they are extending him because they think he's doing a good job lol.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Basketball stuff will come out well before 2023.

Robbins has got to go.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I guess if Larry Scott can make what he makes doing as shitty a job in his dual role as the PAC 12 commissioner and PAC 12 annihilator, we could do worse is the thought?
StickItInTheyFace

ChooChooCat wrote:Basketball stuff will come out well before 2023.

Robbins has got to go.
No kidding.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:Is getting a 1 year contract extension and a 100K because god hates us.
Maybe this is proactive penance to keep the misfortunate off the court
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Lol to add insult to injury Greg Byrne got an extension too.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:Lol to add insult to injury Greg Byrne got an extension too.
Fuck that guy too
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

StickItInTheyFace wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Basketball stuff will come out well before 2023.

Robbins has got to go.
No kidding.
+1
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Robbins is a bumbling oaf. Our entire administration is an embarrassment and has been so for years.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

um

well

got to admit i'm a bit speechless at this.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Noooooo...
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

There's not even a strategic purpose to this extension honestly. I don't understand its purpose outside of rewarding some guy for being part of the good ol' boys club.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Pretty much that's all it sounds like.

Which would go a long way to explain Larry Scott's continued tenure...
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

How do I get a job where I get a raise and job security for being an incompetent moron? Good Lord.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

Soooo which booster is out?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Let's play a little devil's advocate here. If you take away the suck that is the football program and his handling of the FBI deal what does that leave us? I don't have any knowledge of his handling of boosters so others will have to weigh in on that. It seems to me though that most of the remaining teams are performing at a high level.
prh

Post by prh »

azgreg wrote:Let's play a little devil's advocate here. If you take away the suck that is the football program and his handling of the FBI deal what does that leave us? I don't have any knowledge of his handling of boosters so others will have to weigh in on that. It seems to me though that most of the remaining teams are performing at a high level.
Did he hire any of those coaches? I think Barnes is the most recent successful hire, think she was Byrne. Amato definitely was. Has Heeke actually done anything?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:
azgreg wrote:Let's play a little devil's advocate here. If you take away the suck that is the football program and his handling of the FBI deal what does that leave us? I don't have any knowledge of his handling of boosters so others will have to weigh in on that. It seems to me though that most of the remaining teams are performing at a high level.
Did he hire any of those coaches? I think Barnes is the most recent successful hire, think she was Byrne. Amato definitely was. Has Heeke actually done anything?
I know what he hasn’t done...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:
He hired Kevin Sumlin and turned off our biggest football booster off so bad he's written us off completely.

Lifetime contract is in the works I'm sure after the extension is approved.

Our most successful coaches were hired by Livengood (Miller), Byrne (Jay Johnson, Adia Barnes, Tony Amato), or were legends he inherited (Ianello & Candrea)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Miller needs to get to the FF or win a chipper so he can run the AD like K, Roy, or Sabin.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Is our biggest football booster Jeff Stevens or is it the folks from Indiana who owned the RV company and sold it and moved out here and gave us millions?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:Miller needs to get to the FF or win a chipper so he can run the AD like K, Roy, or Sabin.
And like Lute did when Livengood was AD.

That's why the UA was able to keep the cactus logo on the court long after the university deemed it obsolete.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azcat49 wrote:Is our biggest football booster Jeff Stevens or is it the folks from Indiana who owned the RV company and sold it and moved out here and gave us millions?
Paging Newportcat!
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:
prh wrote:
He hired Kevin Sumlin and turned off our biggest football booster off so bad he's written us off completely.

Lifetime contract is in the works I'm sure after the extension is approved.

Our most successful coaches were hired by Livengood (Miller), Byrne (Jay Johnson, Adia Barnes, Tony Amato), or were legends he inherited (Ianello & Candrea)
Thanks Choo. That's what I thought the hiring history was, but I have a foggy memory and knew someone could confirm it for me.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ChooChooCat wrote:He hired Kevin Sumlin and turned off our biggest football booster off so bad he's written us off completely.
So literally anybody on this board could do a better job.

Guess we need to hope Heeke and Sumlin go out together then.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Listening to Jennifer Cohen, the UDub AD, during this Washington game and I have to say,.....

Heeke can’t hold her jockstrap.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What an ass.

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That is really, really bad.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

From that Twitter thread:
Captcarnage

Post by Captcarnage »

They give him a $100,000 raise? How many did they just layoff? How demoralizing for the staff.
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Part of the Larry Scott school of management lesson plan.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

For fucks sake
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’d love to hear what exactly he did to deserve that raise. And please show your work.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gross. Mid Major AD
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I don’t really know if it was Heeke’s decision, but whoever decided not to release the NOA when it was first issued is a stone cold fucking moron.

Instead of talking about this nothingburger once, we got to hear rampant speculation months ago and now we get to go through the ringer all over again after losing in court.

Can we please hire someone who can find their ass with both hands to make these decisions??
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:44 am I don’t really know if it was Heeke’s decision, but whoever decided not to release the NOA when it was first issued is a stone cold fucking moron.

Instead of talking about this nothingburger once, we got to hear rampant speculation months ago and now we get to go through the ringer all over again after losing in court.

Can we please hire someone who can find their ass with both hands to make these decisions??
1. I wish I could tell you a decision of that magnitude would be up to Dave Heeke considering his job, but I can't.
2. Even if a decision of that magnitude would be up to Dave Heeke, he'd make the wrong decision 10 times out of 10.

Honestly if you want to know what Dave Heeke actually has input on, take a look at anything that has to do with Baseball and Softball. That's about it. Even then all he's done is extended Candrea and Jay and that was years ago.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Guy is a puppet who is pretty good for nothing. Pretty sure Robbins has him in his position just to say they have an AD, but we all know who really makes the decisions. Funny thing is both him and Robbins are stupid. I'd love for Robbins to lose his position and the new president fires Heeke, but I highly doubt that'll happen unfortunately
I said what I said and I mean it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:42 am Guy is a puppet who is pretty good for nothing. Pretty sure Robbins has him in his position just to say they have an AD, but we all know who really makes the decisions. Funny thing is both him and Robbins are stupid. I'd love for Robbins to lose his position and the new president fires Heeke, but I highly doubt that'll happen unfortunately
Truthfully my concern is Robbins let's Heeke go before Robbins's time is up and he hires another puppet and gives him a 5 year contract. That's a way worse of a scenario than both of these dipshits riding into the sunset when their contracts are both up.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

I never even thought about that... That would be the absolute worst possible thing that could happen. I have my fears now. I always say that the worst thing to happen would be these clowns conducting a basketball coaching search and hire. That'd be something but what you just sad Choo would be pretty darn bad
I said what I said and I mean it.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Chicat wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:44 am I don’t really know if it was Heeke’s decision, but whoever decided not to release the NOA when it was first issued is a stone cold fucking moron.

That would be Robbins because of the ego bruise of him screwing up the Book interview.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Heeke is supposed to be on 1290 today.
Doubt Herrera asks any real questions
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

This is Covid-laziness from another lazy bureaucracy IMO led by an aloof President. “Well look it’s been a weird year but we can finally use Gronk for marketing so let’s give him another year.”
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Shocker
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Because it wasn't up to him.

Robbins should be feeding his puppet better answers to these questions.