Dave Heeke

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Dave Heeke

Post by azcat49 »

Lowe makes a lot of sense given with our history of excellence that this drop off is noticeable.

Hale, if he can get into the tournament this year AND retain Vance, might keep his job. The next two recruiting classes are much better but not JJ top 15 good but in the 30’s.

Adia is just perplexing. Running off all that talent seemed like a her problem but the fact they played so well at the end of the year makes me wonder. Do you know what was going on there?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:32 am Lowe makes a lot of sense given with our history of excellence that this drop off is noticeable.

Hale, if he can get into the tournament this year AND retain Vance, might keep his job. The next two recruiting classes are much better but not JJ top 15 good but in the 30’s.

Adia is just perplexing. Running off all that talent seemed like a her problem but the fact they played so well at the end of the year makes me wonder. Do you know what was going on there?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in discussions between Adia and Desiree (after they finish discussing their outfits :lol: :roll: ).

I'm not as concerned about chasing off talent (especially Gilbert), based upon result with the remaining players - nothing wrong with setting, and enforcing, high standards - unless and until something sinister is exposed. Addition by subtraction??

We'll see what happens with recruiting and portal adds - I think she definitely deserves more time, especially given a Final Four run.

Again, "We'll see!"
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

What is up with Lowe? Is she not able to recruit? Or what?
I know a lot of top tier athletes struggle with coaching.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Arizona's problem with softball is that we can't get the best pitchers like we use to. Some schools have made softball (OK, Bama, Tenn) a priority and are willing to pony up the NIL to prove it.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

TheCat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:29 am Arizona's problem with softball is that we can't get the best pitchers like we use to. Some schools have made softball (OK, Bama, Tenn) a priority and are willing to pony up the NIL to prove it.
So Lowe isn’t the issue? Seems like Candrea was having that problem before NIL also.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:48 am
TheCat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:29 am Arizona's problem with softball is that we can't get the best pitchers like we use to. Some schools have made softball (OK, Bama, Tenn) a priority and are willing to pony up the NIL to prove it.
So Lowe isn’t the issue? Seems like Candrea was having that problem before NIL also.
Part of the difficulty is that softball, both in hs and collegiately, is truly national now - so much more competition for the top players...

... And, especially thank the SEC for that (and, of course, OU)

Pac-12 Network shortcomings bear some responsibility, too
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman