Dave Heeke

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Dave Heeke

Post by Merkin »

What a coward Heeke is. How can he stand to go to work and deal with the people ashamed of him in the AD?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I mean he's willing to be Robbins puppet. That tells me all I need to know about the kind of man Heeke is.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

For all we know Heeke would have wanted miller gone three years ago. He is still gutless though to your point
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Where does Robbins keep Heeke's balls?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

It can't be understated how big time these two are in the gutless wonder loser category.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hey, someone have an email for Robbins and Heeke? Yeah, I suck and am lazy and could look it up on my own.

FWIW, I plan on emailing both. I hope more people do.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm Uaad@arizona.edu is Heeke.
Do I have the wrong email?

I keep emailing Heeke at RobbinsBitch@arizona.edu
ekat

Post by ekat »

So, was there a Wildcat Wednesday today? Surely he had something to say.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ekat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:47 pm So, was there a Wildcat Wednesday today? Surely he had something to say.
I just got mine.

Doesn't say much... thanks Miller blah blah, going in another direction blah blah.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm
ekat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:47 pm So, was there a Wildcat Wednesday today? Surely he had something to say.
I just got mine.

Doesn't say much... thanks Miller blah blah, going in another direction blah blah.
Weird, I haven’t received mine yet. Maybe my email decided anything from him should move to spam.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So I just emailed this. I know it won't matter, but it's my last hurrah of open protest directed at Robbins and Heeke before I just move on.

I hope they're gone soon so I can think about resurrecting my support of Arizona Athletics.

Hello,

My name is Spaceman Spiff and I am a 2007 graduate of the University of Arizona College of Law.  I have always been proud of my affiliation with Arizona and enjoyed supporting Arizona Athletics.

Sadly, I do not intend to continue that support until the point AD Heeke and President Robbins no longer represent the University of Arizona.  I recognize this is not directed to President Robbins, but feel it is imperative I address both sets of actions, as they both contribute to my decision to withdraw support of Arizona Athletics.

Although there are other areas for my dissatisfaction, such as allegations of racism against President Robbins, the primary reasons are the hiring of a new football coach and the firing of men's basketball coach Sean Miller.  I was less concerned regarding the football hiring process, as I understood the need for firing Kevin Sumlin.

However, both processes are unfortunately marred by a disregard of merit based hiring and dishonesty.  In football, the hiring settled on a person who has never been a head coach at the expense of other finalists who had succeded as head coaches.  In basketball, the disparity is quite glaring.  Sean Miller has a career .730 win %, 5 Pac 12 titles and 4 Elite Eight appearances.  Rumored replacements fall far short of those qualifications and appear to be a substantial downgrade.

It struck me odd to hear AD Heeke state Sean Miller fell short of Arizona's standards when AD Heeke's most notable hire recently completed a winless football season capped by a 70-7 loss to ASU.  If anything, Coach Miller's performance has exceeded the bar set in virtually all areas of Arizona's Athletic Department.

Coach Miller's firing was also marred by dishonesty.  President Robbins declared that Sean Miller was Arizona's coach shortly after the season ended.  He then proved the falsity of that statement by terminating Coach Miller inside a month with no change in circumstances.

This disturbs me for two reasons.  First, integrity is not a negotiable aspect for an educational institution.  I cannot regard President Robbins' statement as anything other than a failure of integrity and am concerned AD Heeke failed to correct it.

Second, this misstatement has hurt Arizona's student athletes.  Letting a false impression linger for a month that Coach Miller would return cut short the opportunities our athletes had to pursue transfers.  It is common knowledge a large number of scholarship slots are already filled by transfers, and Arizona players operate at a disadvantage due to this misstatement.

A particularly upsetting example is Kim Aiken, who committed to play for Coach Miller the day before President Robbins fired Coach Miller.  President Robbins and AD Heeke seem to have deliberately misled young men like Mr. Aiken to benefit their own agenda.

It breaks my heart to walk away from Arizona at a time Coach Adia Barnes and the women's basketball team just created an inspiring story and proved how much support they deserve.  Unfortunately, I feel the actions of President Robbins and AD Heeke leave me no choice.

Thank you for your time.

Spaceman Spiff
ekat

Post by ekat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:41 pm
So I just emailed this. I know it won't matter, but it's my last hurrah of open protest directed at Robbins and Heeke before I just move on.

I hope they're gone soon so I can think about resurrecting my support of Arizona Athletics.

Hello,

My name is Spaceman Spiff and I am a 2007 graduate of the University of Arizona College of Law.  I have always been proud of my affiliation with Arizona and enjoyed supporting Arizona Athletics.

Sadly, I do not intend to continue that support until the point AD Heeke and President Robbins no longer represent the University of Arizona.  I recognize this is not directed to President Robbins, but feel it is imperative I address both sets of actions, as they both contribute to my decision to withdraw support of Arizona Athletics.

Although there are other areas for my dissatisfaction, such as allegations of racism against President Robbins, the primary reasons are the hiring of a new football coach and the firing of men's basketball coach Sean Miller.  I was less concerned regarding the football hiring process, as I understood the need for firing Kevin Sumlin.

However, both processes are unfortunately marred by a disregard of merit based hiring and dishonesty.  In football, the hiring settled on a person who has never been a head coach at the expense of other finalists who had succeded as head coaches.  In basketball, the disparity is quite glaring.  Sean Miller has a career .730 win %, 5 Pac 12 titles and 4 Elite Eight appearances.  Rumored replacements fall far short of those qualifications and appear to be a substantial downgrade.

It struck me odd to hear AD Heeke state Sean Miller fell short of Arizona's standards when AD Heeke's most notable hire recently completed a winless football season capped by a 70-7 loss to ASU.  If anything, Coach Miller's performance has exceeded the bar set in virtually all areas of Arizona's Athletic Department.

Coach Miller's firing was also marred by dishonesty.  President Robbins declared that Sean Miller was Arizona's coach shortly after the season ended.  He then proved the falsity of that statement by terminating Coach Miller inside a month with no change in circumstances.

This disturbs me for two reasons.  First, integrity is not a negotiable aspect for an educational institution.  I cannot regard President Robbins' statement as anything other than a failure of integrity and am concerned AD Heeke failed to correct it.

Second, this misstatement has hurt Arizona's student athletes.  Letting a false impression linger for a month that Coach Miller would return cut short the opportunities our athletes had to pursue transfers.  It is common knowledge a large number of scholarship slots are already filled by transfers, and Arizona players operate at a disadvantage due to this misstatement.

A particularly upsetting example is Kim Aiken, who committed to play for Coach Miller the day before President Robbins fired Coach Miller.  President Robbins and AD Heeke seem to have deliberately misled young men like Mr. Aiken to benefit their own agenda.

It breaks my heart to walk away from Arizona at a time Coach Adia Barnes and the women's basketball team just created an inspiring story and proved how much support they deserve.  Unfortunately, I feel the actions of President Robbins and AD Heeke leave me no choice.

Thank you for your time.

Spaceman Spiff
Very well said. The only thing I would add or change is they wouldn’t have had to fire Sumlin and pay that exorbitant buyout if they hadn’t ignored the background check and hired him over not-a-drunk Ken N.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ekat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Spaceman Spiff
Very well said. The only thing I would add or change is they wouldn’t have had to fire Sumlin and pay that exorbitant buyout if they hadn’t ignored the background check and hired him over not-a-drunk Ken N.
I was worried that **** was already too long. Sumlin is his own disaster. I did subtly hope to drive in that point by not even naming Sumlin when I made the point about Sumlin being a fail for Heeke.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Spaceman Spiff
I was worried that **** was already too long. Sumlin is his own disaster. I did subtly hope to drive in that point by not even naming Sumlin when I made the point about Sumlin being a fail for Heeke.
True. I’m just very bitter about the amount of money they spent on Sumlin from start to finish. I know most of it was booster money and athletic $$ doesn’t come from the general university funds but it was so fiscally irresponsible. Millions of dollars that could have been better served elsewhere in the athletic department or the donors’ pockets.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ekat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Spaceman Spiff
True. I’m just very bitter about the amount of money they spent on Sumlin from start to finish. I know most of it was booster money and athletic $$ doesn’t come from the general university funds but it was so fiscally irresponsible. Millions of dollars that could have been better served elsewhere in the athletic department or the donors’ pockets.
Oh, I'm with you. Sumlin defined the phrase "the ship be sinking" - Micheal Ray Richardson.

I'd call him the Titanic, but the Titanic did well for a bit.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Nice job Spiff. I echo your sentiments and appreciate your passion for Arizona athletics which I myself have had since 1979.

The other point I would make is in regard of the treatment of CSM. There is no ignoring his loyalty to Book is on him and he should shoulder the responsibility of that action but if Robbins and Heeke were that altruistic they should have fired him when the allegations arose. Stringing him along with this false “support” was truly beneath both men who are supposed to be leaders. CSM embraced this program, the legacy of UofA basketball, the city of Tucson and its fans, and worked hard to get us to a Final Four. He’s always been classy in every interview or statement and has treated his players the right way.

He just didn’t deserve the treatment those twits orchestrated.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:52 pm Nice job Spiff. I echo your sentiments and appreciate your passion for Arizona athletics which I myself have had since 1979.

The other point I would make is in regard of the treatment of CSM. There is no ignoring his loyalty to Book is on him and he should shoulder the responsibility of that action but if Robbins and Heeke were that altruistic they should have fired him when the allegations arose. Stringing him along with this false “support” was truly beneath both men who are supposed to be leaders. CSM embraced this program, the legacy of UofA basketball, the city of Tucson and its fans, and worked hard to get us to a Final Four. He’s always been classy in every interview or statement and has treated his players the right way.

He just didn’t deserve the treatment those twits orchestrated.
Respect. I was a Miller fan, and I always thought he handled things, especially with Lute, well. It's hard to pay respect to a legend while still distinguishing yourself, but Miller did it well.

I agree totally on the FBI. It's BS for Robbins and Heeke to float it now, or anyone else. U of A's internal investigation was finished in 2018, and nothing more of note has emerged. If they had enough then, they should have fired then.

When they didn't fire him, they should have supported him. Instead, they undercut him and created obstacles for years and fired him just before he had a chance to get over those obstacles.

If the FBI stuff mattered, he'd have never made it past 2018.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

That's what Miller was really good at. He was very welcoming to Lute and the players that played under him. The Arizona program is like a family. He really embraced the family and made all alumni feel welcome. Did Miller have his flaws? Absolutely. Fact is tho, he was a damn good coach and was a grinder. He loved grinding for recruiting and other things. Awesome coach. Hope he enjoys taking a step back and helping out on a nba team
I said what I said and I mean it.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I received a phone call from the Arizona Alumni Association today. The timing was impeccable and the sophomore student was so polite -- sticking to her prepared script.

Finally, I told her now was probably not the best time to be calling an alum who graduated 30 years ago who is generally ready to burn McKale Center to the ground because of the administration's behavior. She said that a lot of people she had spoken with shared the same sentiment and were really pissed.

I can't imagine Robbins or Heeke being able to show their faces in a public setting without being called out and shouted down. And I'm all for it.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Glad to hear a lot of other alumni are pissed. They only call me once in a blue moon, but I'd absolutely tell them why I have no intention of giving money any time soon.

Curious where Robbins is getting the money for Miller's buyout and Lloyd's contract.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

To be accurate you needed Barney on his knees in front of the president.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:37 pm Where does Robbins keep Heeke's balls?
In Slobbin' Robbin's mouth. They are just the right size to swirl around in there as the tea bagging takes place.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 am To be accurate you needed Barney on his knees in front of the president.
I was going to put it the other way around, but Heeke looks too much like fred.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

It is Friday, April 9th 2021. It's 11:10 MST. Dave Heeke is still a spineless fuck.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

...with a top P5 AD job.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

New name:
Douche Dave.

I'm sure his 3 kids are proud of him. At least fight the narrative that you have no power and are simply a yes man. DO SOMETHING.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Even if Robbins and his pet didn’t go all Kansas/Bill Self, they could have done something as simple as South Carolina, also awaiting their penalties for FBIgate.

“South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin has received a two-year contract extension. Martin did not get a raise and the new deal states the school would not owe him any money if he's fired in his last two seasons”

And then we wouldn’t be sitting here staring at a lifetime 0-0 head coach or Damon. Or worse. I’m still angry.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm interested to see if I get an actual email back from the AD account. Not that I care, I just wonder if they return polite hate mail.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:51 pm I'm interested to see if I get an actual email back from the AD account. Not that I care, I just wonder if they return polite hate mail.
They don't. Neither do the major/minor donor folks who are always quick to answer anything and neither was Jet or Murph. Complete lockdown and I only have their University emails.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:51 pm I'm interested to see if I get an actual email back from the AD account. Not that I care, I just wonder if they return polite hate mail.
They don't. Neither do the major/minor donor folks who are always quick to answer anything and neither was Jet or Murph. Complete lockdown and I only have their University emails.
I imagine Stevens and the Coles have their real email addresses, not the published ones handled by interns.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:38 pm
I imagine Stevens and the Coles have their real email addresses, not the published ones handled by interns.
Oh yeah, my email refers to Heeke in the third person bc I never considered he'd actually read the publicly listed UA AD email.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Well his administrative assistant is a very nice lady, so please be cordial.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:53 pm Well his administrative assistant is a very nice lady, so please be cordial.
My email's above if you want to judge. I was direct, but no cussing or personal attacks other than stating he hired Kevin Sumlin.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I read it.
It was more of a general request.

Her son was a team manager so I would think she might be pro Miller.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:03 pm I read it.
It was more of a general request.

Her son was a team manager so I would think she might be pro Miller.
Fair enough. To be honest, I wanted it to be clear and strong but not aggressive or attacking. A big part is because I assume Heeke or Robbins will never care or see it.

I figured that would fall to someone down the chain, and I don't want to be the guy screaming cuss words at the cashier who doesn't control the store's mask policy.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:38 pm
These should work:

DaveHeeke@noshowjob.com

or

DaveHeeke@robbinsbitch.com

or

DaveHeeke@noballs.com
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

How long before the Fire Robbins Fire Heeke billboards start popping up on I-10?

https://www.blipbillboards.com/cost/
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azgreg wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am
Easy to understand. He is 24/7 looking for a new head coach.

This just in. Heeke has clarified his 24/7 comment. He meant 24 seconds a day for approximately 7 minute every two weeks.

Might be awhile.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

With all the Robbins hate I feel like Heeke is kind of being ignored. I think it's really important to also say loudly and proudly

FUCK HEEKE!!!!!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:15 pm With all the Robbins hate I feel like Heeke is kind of being ignored. I think it's really important to also say loudly and proudly

FUCK HEEKE!!!!!!
fuck heeke with a sideways saguaro
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I hate this thread. Fuck Heeke
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

But think of all the wonderful things Heeke has done for our sports programs!

(whoa, that brief nanosecond of thought went really really quick . . . didn't it feel like abnormally quick to you?)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

azpatnca wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 am How long before the Fire Robbins Fire Heeke billboards start popping up on I-10?

https://www.blipbillboards.com/cost/
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Too good
I said what I said and I mean it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Irish nails it once again.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

So I have started a divide and conquer strategy with our administration. Since Heeke has taken responsibility for the firing of Coach Miller I have sent a few note to Robbins on how ill prepared he was for a coaching search of this magnitude. Afterall we are not central Michigan. I asked him to stop this embarrassment and relive Heeke from his position immediately. I told him who he could check with to see if I have been a supporter of our athletic teams in the past. Play on his ego to at least eliminate Heeke. I also think this is the only way to even have a 1 in a zillion shot at bringing miller back. I published the presidents email earlier.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Just looked at the Star where they confirmed ABOR does not have Arizona Basketball coach on its schedule....sounds like the search is going great.