Recruiting shows ASU, Arizona basketball nearly even

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Boivin: Recruiting shows ASU, Arizona basketball nearly even

Post by Puerco »

'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Re: Boivin: Recruiting shows ASU, Arizona basketball nearly

Post by Puerco »

Or then there's this:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/paola-bo ... g/6425923/
Teams that thrive late also have great leadership. That was a problem with ASU this season. The players are a solid group of people but not ones who have mastered the art of true leadership.

The juxtaposition of watching Arizona early in the day and ASU later was striking. It was obvious how successful the Wildcats were in that area from the way they communicated on the court. That's a nod to guard Nick Johnson, who made establishing leadership and chemistry a priority in the offseason.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Recruiting shows ASU, Arizona basketball nearly even

Post by ASUHATER! »

i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cats101

Re: Recruiting shows ASU, Arizona basketball nearly even

Post by cats101 »

Never let this die
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I feel guilty. It's like laughing at a bum as I drive by in a Bugatti.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

All of these 5-Star, highly-ranked nationally kids are great, but this Gilbert Christian kid has bigtime upside, at least according to Kyle Dodd! Yep, juuuuust about even. :D
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Saw earlier today Izzo kicked Kaminsky off the MSU's team.

He did have an ASU offer, so reads like a good fit!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Asu has recruiting in the state of Arizona locked down. 7 Arizona kids in the last 5 years (6 3 stars and 4 star jahii). Of course outside of Arizona all they can really get is unranked junior college guys and flameout transfers and like unranked 1-2 star high school kids from Idaho and Montana. Basically asu's recruiting is just them getting 2 of the top 4-5 prospects out of Arizona and then relying on juco and graduate transfers.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I can't wait for the Kodi Justice era to begin at ASU.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I can't wait for the Kodi Justice era to begin at ASU.
[youtube]_eQkwVZ1Vj8[/youtube]

I had completely forgotten about this amazing video. Going to be another nail biter game against them in Tempe this year!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

AZCatGirl wrote:

I had completely forgotten about this amazing video. Going to be another nail biter game against them in Tempe this year!
He is one hell of a passer!!!
WildcatRx

Post by WildcatRx »

I know Kodi Justice;
So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.
But trust me.... You don't.
I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.
This is how bad info gets passed around.
If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.
Cos some fans believe anything they hear.
"I do not like Miller"-- Machina
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

3goggles wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:

He is one hell of a passer!!!
Don't sleep on his ability to almost steal the ball and miss threes so badly it looks like he's trying to bank it from the top of the key.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Seriously, that kid is not on scholorship is he? He showed no lateral quickness, no strength, had no shot and couldn't defend wilbur in his costume.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azcat49 wrote:Seriously, that kid is not on scholorship is he? He showed no lateral quickness, no strength, had no shot and couldn't defend wilbur in his costume.
He committed to asu 3 years ago before his sophomore year. He's somehow a 3 star recruit

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

[youtube]LL3HUHZEO8k[/youtube]

Arizona state Good
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

so he can make wide open 3's and easy layups against mediocre to bad hs school talent in arizona where even he is taller than most of the kids. can't wait to see stanley johnson or mconnell guarding him.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:so he can make wide open 3's and easy layups against mediocre to bad hs school talent in arizona where even he is taller than most of the kids. can't wait to see stanley johnson or mconnell guarding him.
Yep. Pretty uninspiring mix-tape.

But Herb Sendek has a plan!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote: But Herb Sendek has a plan!
He's pulled in millions of dollars with that plan of his.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a single dunk?

Not to bad of handles, goes to his left well, but he he has no lift at all on his jump shots. Nice high release point though, TJ should take notice. He will be a catch and shoot type of player. Even though he looked like Salim in the highlight reel, he shot 41% 3PT his senior year which was his best year. MaxPreps has him #211, 9th in the state. Rivals has him 3 star unranked, Scout has no rating on him, ESPN has him 51st at his position, 3 star, 7th in state.
Last edited by Merkin on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:so he can make wide open 3's and easy layups against mediocre to bad hs school talent in arizona where even he is taller than most of the kids. can't wait to see stanley johnson or mconnell guarding him.
Yep. Pretty uninspiring mix-tape.

But Herb Sendek has a plan!
Does anyone else assume that when they cut the mix tape just before the guy attempts a layup, it's because he blew it or got it volleyball spiked?

Kid has a lot of nickname potential:

Kodi "vigilanti" Justice
Kodi "a whiter shade of pale" Justice
Kodi "standstill jump shot" Justice

Behold, a pale shooting guard, and it's name was Kodi, and Sun Devils followed with him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Does anyone else assume that when they cut the mix tape just before the guy attempts a layup, it's because he blew it or got it volleyball spiked?
Absolutely. The best is the slow-mo highlight reel pass that cuts off right before you notice that it's headed for the power forward's knees and there's no way he is going to be able to catch and finish.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck ASU.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He can dribble between his legs and pass behind his back...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

My God. This kid has Jason Terry 2.0 written all over him.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

KillerKlown wrote:My God. This kid has Jason Terry 2.0 written all over him.
Kodi Justice? Either you are being sarcastic or you are ingesting some powerful hallucinogens.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

He has a clean shot and is surprisingly quicker than people expect. He can get his shot off in a crowd, which is a great skill. But other than being a gunner with proper development, I don't see who he guards in the PAC 12 . I could see him going off at NAU and being an all conference type scorer his senior year, but his three will be less respected when his admittedly-quicker-than-expected first step draws him into a mess where he cannot elevate enough to finish, and unless he develops some mid-range game, everyone will close out on him...hard.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

I made a vow to NOT laugh at people in wheelchairs, cripples, people with palsy, Down Syndrome, mental retardation, etc.

So I just can't laugh at ASU on this one.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

Don't sleep on his ability to almost steal the ball and miss threes so badly it looks like he's trying to bank it from the top of the key.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
84Cat

3-star forward from Washington, Dominic Green, commits to AS

Post by 84Cat »

Surprised no one talked about this in here. Let's see...three 5 stars vs one 3 star. Herbie deserves a lifetime contract for sure!
Dominic Green, a 3-star small forward from Hazen High in Renton, Wash., committed to Arizona State on Thursday. He becomes the first commitment of coach Herb Sendek's 2015 recruiting class.

"I like (assistant coach) Stan (Johnson), I like Coach Sendek, and I really like Arizona State and everything it's about,'' Green said. "Me and my family talked about it, and that's what we decided to do. Why would I want to wait?"

Considered a late bloomer, Green (6 feet 7, 175 pounds) has played varsity all three years of high school and he's started the past two. He averaged 20 points last year. (Watch his highlights here.)

"I'm a scorer,'' Green said. "I'm a great 3-point shooter. I'm also long, so on defense I could guard someone 6-10 or someone 5-8. I feel like I can guard any position."

Green reported scholarship offers from Washington State, UTEP:, Montana and Portland, but after a strong AAU performance last month he started to attract interest from Pac-12 schools such as USC and Oregon. ASU offered him after a tournament in Las Vegas, where Green shot 14 of 22 from 3-point range.

"I played at a high level so I started to get my name out there," Green said. "People started to recognize me for the player I am."
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /13746285/
Spaceman Spiff

Re: 3-star forward from Washington, Dominic Green, commits t

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:Surprised no one talked about this in here. Let's see...three 5 stars vs one 3 star. Herbie deserves a lifetime contract for sure!
Dominic Green, a 3-star small forward from Hazen High in Renton, Wash., committed to Arizona State on Thursday. He becomes the first commitment of coach Herb Sendek's 2015 recruiting class.

"I like (assistant coach) Stan (Johnson), I like Coach Sendek, and I really like Arizona State and everything it's about,'' Green said. "Me and my family talked about it, and that's what we decided to do. Why would I want to wait?"

Considered a late bloomer, Green (6 feet 7, 175 pounds) has played varsity all three years of high school and he's started the past two. He averaged 20 points last year. (Watch his highlights here.)

"I'm a scorer,'' Green said. "I'm a great 3-point shooter. I'm also long, so on defense I could guard someone 6-10 or someone 5-8. I feel like I can guard any position."

Green reported scholarship offers from Washington State, UTEP:, Montana and Portland, but after a strong AAU performance last month he started to attract interest from Pac-12 schools such as USC and Oregon. ASU offered him after a tournament in Las Vegas, where Green shot 14 of 22 from 3-point range.

"I played at a high level so I started to get my name out there," Green said. "People started to recognize me for the player I am."
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /13746285/
6'7, 175. Damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHMgXl ... ata_player

You know how dog food tastes? It tastes just like it smells. Delicious.
AZCatGirl

Re: 3-star forward from Washington, Dominic Green, commits t

Post by AZCatGirl »

Green reported scholarship offers from Washington State, UTEP:, Montana and Portland, but after a strong AAU performance last month he started to attract interest from Pac-12 schools such as USC and Oregon.
So we finally kicked Washington State out of the Pac? :P
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

The new 3* ASU recruit has a feature front page on ESPN CBB section right now...
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hey, we've got two of these threads, lol. I just posted on the other one that ASU's new 3* recruit has his own feature article on the front page of ESPN CBB section right now...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:The new 3* ASU recruit has a feature front page on ESPN CBB section right now...
Couple of takeaways from the article:

1) He wears shin guards.

2) He's a sloppy ballhandler, hesitant in tough moments, and didn't lead his team to any wins.

3) He needs to put on 30 lbs of muscle.

4) He jumped at the very first high major scholarship offer because he knew there would be no others.

He sounds perfect for Herb.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Newest guy had another offer from Creighton too...and was considering Dayton, Missouri, Tennessee, providence, st John's...So not completely terrible but still will probably be the cornerstone of the class

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Lol, the shin guards thing stood out to me too. Tried to find some images, but I couldn't. I mean, what would that even look like?
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Didn't ASU try to recruit the retarded kid that was all over the ESPY's a few years back after making a 3 pointer in a high school game? Is Justice that kid?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

No need to get offensive about mental handicaps just to make fun of asu.