Bennedict Mathurin

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

Re: Bennedict Mathurin

Post by 97cats »

i was told its a non-issue so im treating it as such. excited for this adventure....
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Jamie Dixon isn't actually part horse.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

NAY!

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Last thing I’ll say on it.

Of course he didn’t touch her.

She’s balancing her entire upper body weight on one leg, and he’s 6-6, 200 pounds moving toward her with a quick momentum. If he even grazes her and she reacts, because of her balanced body weight the movement would be exaggerated and she’d be off balance and wobble or sway. There’s literally no discernible motion by her.

Which means she’s either a UK Soldier moonlighting as a TCU cheerleader, or, he didn’t touch her.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Longhorned wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:26 pm Jamie Dixon isn't actually part horse.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Sampson being Sampson again people - one of the original slippery fucks in all of college basketball

DO NOT listen he is the king sandbagging punch-you-in-the-nuts when not looking head man
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

97cats wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:08 am Sampson being Sampson again people - one of the original slippery fucks in all of college basketball

DO NOT listen he is the king sandbagging punch-you-in-the-nuts when not looking head man
The Aw Shucks Genius Assassin says:

To the General Public - "Houston is a very good team and extremely well coached. It's going to be a battle. I have a lot of respect for Kelvin Sampson"

To the Team - " I don't trust that coach as far as I can throw him. Don't listen to a word he says. Has been involved with a number of NCAA violations that he's slipped through. Let's punch them in the mouth early and often."

Or something to that affect.

:lol:
97cats

Post by 97cats »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:27 am
The Aw Shucks Genius Assassin says:

To the General Public - "Houston is a very good team and extremely well coached. It's going to be a battle. I have a lot of respect for Kelvin Sampson"

To the Team - " I don't trust that coach as far as I can throw him. Don't listen to a word he says. Has been involved with a number of NCAA violations that he's slipped through. Let's punch them in the mouth early and often."

Or something to that affect.

:lol:
thats about as close to right on as possible - closest thing to Todd Bozeman still alive in the NCAA's today.

young kids - google me bitch
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:08 am Sampson being Sampson again people - one of the original slippery fucks in all of college basketball

The best mindset advice I got was from a coach in HS. It went like this:

When you're up 5, push to go up 10.

When you're up 10, push to go up 20.

When you're up 20, push to go up 40.

Stop when the game ends.

All coaches talk like that to some extent. Nick Saban goes off about how good The Citadel is and how much he's worried his players aren't taking it seriously.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

JFC let this shit die
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:05 pm JFC let this shit die
One of the first questions asked in the pressor today was about the cheerleader incident. It isn't going to go away that easy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

THIS IS THE DUMBEST SHIT EVER

Even if he did lightly accidentally touch her with a literal fingertip, who the fuck cares? None of these reporters or TCU fans ever bumped into someone accidentally?

JFC this is stupid and an intentional distraction.

#Fingernailgate
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona basketball star ‘does not recall’ touching TCU Showgirl but wants to apologize

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-bask ... 00901.html

Damn distraction
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

When are we gonna get a top tier AD to go with our top tier BB program?

Heeke is a simp, sad to see his still around after my hiatus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

With ADs like Heeke, who needs enemies?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Dave Heeke didn't write that statement. But it is an issuing of admin speak for "There are unsupported claims in a social platform with no standing on serious matters. Benn Mathurin doesn't remember doing anything resembling what's claimed with no evidence. He has indicated to the only interested party that he regrets what nobody of any standing on this issue claims. This was over before it started because it never started. There are no next steps because there were no preceding steps. If anyone isn't smart enough to shut the fuck up about this, that's on them and has nothing to do with Arizona Athletics."
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That is the wimpiest response I have ever heard of. So you apologize when your player says he does not recall it happening???

Again, am I living in Bizarro world?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Just as I was thinking today, I haven't heard any of the talking heads mention anything about this on radio or podcast, stupid NY Post article pops up.

I've read the vitriol from the TCU fans.

Benedict apologizing I think is good, stuff happens inadvertantly, and you might not realize that it happened or that your action may have affected someone. The other day I was turning my truck around and someone down the alley saw me backing in, I saw him, he was a long ways away and I had plenty of room, but he didn't think so, so he backed up and got stuck in the snow bank. I didn't realize it til I pulled out and saw him in the bank out the window, so I went back and pulled him out and apologized for freaking him out. Wasn't my fault and I wasn't responsible to get him out, but you do it anyway because you were involved and you can change the trajectory of someone's day for the better.

Best to deal with it as soon as you realize something happened and with as few intermediaries as possible.

Rage feeds it's own fire. Best to put it out while it's small.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dave Heeke would like Mathurin to also apologize for his role in the Hindenburg disaster, Amelia Earhart’s disappearance, the switchover to New Coke, and to that poor TCU fan who stubbed his toe two days after our game.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Benn has made a gesture for closure on the incident - we should let it die there, as it should.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

and then delete all this BS from this thread
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He should motorboat a Houston cheerleader if we win tomorrow.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

The problem is pretty obvious from this angle. For some reason, the TCU cheerleaders decided to park right at the corner where the exit tunnel was for our players to leave the court, forcing our players into a narrow bottleneck between the cheerleaders and courtside tables. Kriisa had to squeeze himself through the same narrow gap just few seconds later.

If you're gonna park your damn cheerleaders in a spot that blocks our exit tunnel, you can't really bitch if one of them catches a inadvertent finger swipe from one of our players as he's celebrating his way off the floor. This poor girl is probably gonna get her life turned upside down by the media over this, and all because TCU fans are too bitter to take the L. Mostly because some of our players "waved goodbye" at them after the game, and this is their only avenue of getting some sort of payback.
Last edited by Macho Grande on Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:11 pm Dave Heeke didn't write that statement. But it is an issuing of admin speak for "There are unsupported claims in a social platform with no standing on serious matters. Benn Mathurin doesn't remember doing anything resembling what's claimed with no evidence. He has indicated to the only interested party that he regrets what nobody of any standing on this issue claims. This was over before it started because it never started. There are no next steps because there were no preceding steps. If anyone isn't smart enough to shut the fuck up about this, that's on them and has nothing to do with Arizona Athletics."
I mean that’s what the statement should have said polished with polite speech…
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Olsondogg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:17 pm He should motorboat a Houston cheerleader if we win tomorrow.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We live in interesting times...
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

This pretty much guarantees that the selection committee will place TCU in our bracket for the foreseeable future.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Macho Grande wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:45 pm This pretty much guarantees that the selection committee will place TCU in our bracket for the foreseeable future.
Then I guess they will never make to the Sweet 16 anytime soon either…
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

I see David Fitzsimmons posted “the boob touch picture” on his Facebook page today. I’m mostly simpatico with Fitz, but that was bullshit.

I will admit, defending Benn against this crap and hope for a Wildcat’s Final Four is all that’s keeping me from completely falling apart after having to put the best cat in the world down yesterday.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm I see David Fitzsimmons posted “the boob touch picture” on his Facebook page today. I’m mostly simpatico with Fitz, but that was bullshit.

I will admit, defending Benn against this crap and hope for a Wildcat’s Final Four is all that’s keeping me from completely falling apart after having to put the best cat in the world down yesterday.
Oh man, I am so very sorry for your loss. That freaking sucks.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm I see David Fitzsimmons posted “the boob touch picture” on his Facebook page today. I’m mostly simpatico with Fitz, but that was bullshit.

I feel for you Dude….that sucks. Currently I’m nursing my eldest 18 yo. Kitty who just got back from the hospital for a 1 week stay…..She’s old but she’s ain’t done yet! Losing your beloved pets sucks beyond measure…..over here, they don’t usually put them down (Buddhist practice) so it’s a tough end for all. BTFD.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

how bout instead of saying "im sorry" how bout saying "i didnt touch her"?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hope everyone rallies around Mathurin and this brings the team closer together.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:31 pm I hope everyone rallies around Mathurin and this brings the team closer together.
ya know, Chi - this post right here is why you are a legend - never overthinking and never trying to do too much in your posts.

this is exactly what is going on, i would much rather have all this negative "AZ is gonna lose" and " AZ is the most vulnerable Sweet 16 team" and on and on and on with the galvanizing shit from the media as it bands the team together and brings the us against the world mentality making AZ stronger.

add in a self imposed ban and a phantom Christian sex scandal and you have all the makings for exactly what the Dr. ordered for AZ:

nobody believing in them and a bunker around the team coaches and players.

heading into this massive weekend for AZ it can do one thing only as you so astutely pointed out - they will come together and flex their powerful Wildcat muscle.

thank you TCU and thank you TCU cheerleader....

even the bad shit just keeps breaking the Genius's way
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Regardless, TCU is at the top of my list of worst fanbases. Where is the condemnation from the "sane fans" for going after this student athlete who did nothing more than having One Shining Moment in an amazing game?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I do find TCU's response and in particular Jamie Dixons response very inadequate.

TCU athletic department has basically said "we've heard from Benn"...

What the actual fuck??????

If there were any fucking adults at TCU they'd have already looked at the film contacted the Showgirl and made a public statement, instead they seem like they want to over-shadow the Sweet Sixteen and keep it dragging out without actually commenting.

Are they looking to press charges? Did they hire Doowescrewem and Howe to represent the student athlete that is now going to need millions of dollars of compensation and therapy because a non-white male attacked her?

Fuck TCU, and Fuck Jamie Dixon, if he were half a coach he'd stop this bullshit parade and pull his teams head out of his ass and start working on next year.

I will never again want anything but Jamie Dixon and TCU getting beat like rented mules...what a worthless program.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

What TCU should say: “We are aware and appreciate Mathurin’s efforts to reach out. While the circumstances are unclear, we have spoken with the young lady in question, and nothing more needs to be said on the matter. With the apology, the matter is closed.”

It doesn’t downplay whether it did or didn’t happen, it shields the showgirl, and it ends the charade with actual truth.

Frankly, that is the same sort of statement Heeke should have made, with the addendum of “Bennedict Mathurin is an upstanding young man. He maintains he does not recall making contact with anyone, and nothing shown on any video refutes that clearly. After this attempt to reach out to the young lady in question, we don’t believe there’s anymore to say on the matter, and with the apology consider the matter closed.”

End it. Apologize or don’t. But the language needs to end it decisively, otherwise it still feels like a thing, and things like this don’t go away if they aren’t put away.

Considering it all, it’s time to put it away.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

All things TCU are irrelevant
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Olsondogg wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:44 am All things TCU are irrelevant
This is the correct answer.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Totally unrelated but TCU is going to regret letting go of Gary Patterson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

JMarkJohns wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:58 am What TCU should say: “We are aware and appreciate Mathurin’s efforts to reach out. While the circumstances are unclear, we have spoken with the young lady in question, and nothing more needs to be said on the matter. With the apology, the matter is closed.”

It doesn’t downplay whether it did or didn’t happen, it shields the showgirl, and it ends the charade with actual truth.

Frankly, that is the same sort of statement Heeke should have made, with the addendum of “Bennedict Mathurin is an upstanding young man. He maintains he does not recall making contact with anyone, and nothing shown on any video refutes that clearly. After this attempt to reach out to the young lady in question, we don’t believe there’s anymore to say on the matter, and with the apology consider the matter closed.”

End it. Apologize or don’t. But the language needs to end it decisively, otherwise it still feels like a thing, and things like this don’t go away if they aren’t put away.

Considering it all, it’s time to put it away.
If we're all really ready to put this to rest:

I know from a completely non-basketball related source that Mathurin is an exceptionally polite, conscientious, and humble person -- and I know he doesn't seem humble on the court or after games, but that doesn't matter. While I know nothing about what's behind Heeke's statement, Occam's Razor says somebody brought Mathurin's attention to the matter, he saw the video, had no memory of it because he wasn't aware of it when it happened, saw that his finger looked like it grazed the Showgirl's blouse, and requested to reach out to her apologize. Then, some trained staff members wrote that statement based on all known facts, possibly ran it by university council, and Heeke issued it.

Any U of A and TCU statement is going to be factual, not PR.

Factually, there's nothing here and nothing will come of it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Just ridiculous.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Drag it out TCU. Don't let the "assault victim" make a statement until every speck of innuendo has been wrung out of your butthurt loss. Then engineer and allow some vague reference to emerge through an indirect avenue that lets linger an irremovable suspicion that something might have happened, something that's just too tragic and indecent to utter fully. Then refer to the reference forever whenever another game is lost. It's just too valuable to let this slip away.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Watching live I commented to the family “why are the cheerleaders blocking the tunnel”?
And why were the cheerleaders still on the court that long after the game was over?
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Rally boys.

They hate us cause they aint us.

Bad boys for life.

Bring it.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

also- it's viral. Google it.