The 2021-2022 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

Re: The 2021-2022 Season Thread

Post by JMarkJohns »

WildcatStunner wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:07 pm I didn’t even know tcu basketball had fans until they lost last night.
Most on Twitter aren’t even TCU fans besides that one account. Most are PAC-12 and East Coast fans of other teams who hate Arizona already or think their shit down stink ACC/Big East bias amounts to more than fuckwittery with me.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:43 pm Back to the topic of the 2021-2022 season, am I the only one here unable to stop reveling in how our players saved us from the maw of defeat last night?

Before the tourney started, I resisted asking you all whether you were emotionally ready to face being down with under 60 seconds in regulation.

I wasn't. Last night, when there were 2+ minutes to go in regulation, the feeling of being on the short end of the stick was downright toxic.

Being down 3 on our final offensive possession of the game, I had visions of TCU grabbing that rebound, getting fouled, and heading toward the free throw line while Lamkin spun around punching at gnats.

But Benn Mathurin was just, "Let me shake two defenders and do my Michelangelo Sistine Ceiling Adam as the ball arcs across the heavens and swishes in that net like it does every time my team needs a bucket."

On basketball message board discussions, nothing stresses me out more than talking about needing a bucket in crunch time in the tourney. All I can do is hope that, somehow, that won't happen. Somehow, we'll have every game put away before crunch time on our prancersising toward the Final Four.

We have that guy who takes that shot. We're not dead today.
It's not an exact comparison, but Michael Jordan was 9-18 on playoff shots to tie or go ahead in the last 24 seconds of regulation or OT.

The literal GOAT player and clutch player missed half the shots he took in Benn's approximate position.

That tells you two things. First, it was a hell of a shot. Second, we should just be happy as hell he nailed it. That kind of shot, even Michael F***ing Jordan misses half the time. If we go on to do big things in this tourney, we're going to come back to Benn converting that.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:57 pm I was mentally preparing myself for the end of the season, already mentally crafting my post in this thread eulogizing this team and this amazing run they’ve been on.

But then Benn Mathurin and Christian Koloko told me to shut the fuck up with that loser talk because WE ARE NOT DONE YET!
lets talk about this more - did you see Lloyd go to the pick-n-roll again as the clock was winding down on AZ's last possession of the game, with you guessed it, Mathurin and Koloko?? Koloko on the roll is unimpeded to the basket down the middle of the lane for the easy putback dunk off the soft touch of Mathurin front rim to center of backboard for the perfect bounce into a perfectly positioned (thx Genius) Koloko at the front of the rim.

Lloyd just pushes all the right buttons - about two and a half months ago he started incorporating more baseline and back cut action for Mathurin who was playing more straight line all season, up to that point he was having success keeping it simple with Mathurin but as more tape on him surfaced teams starting keying on him and Lloyd's scheme....do, of course, the Genius starts slowly putting in the iso pick-n-roll and worked on it never relenting even when at times it got worse before it got better.

it was first really implemented at UCLA when AZ suffered a bad loss to the Bruins in Pauly. i was at the game and noticed the new action right away but it was uneven and sloppy and new to Ben, he looked uncomfortable a bit not quite sure in himself on how to use it...that night it worked to a certain extent as Mathurin was open time and time again but could not hit open shots, it happens.

fast forward two full months and wouldnt ya know it, the last two minutes of both the second half and regulation was iso pick-n-roll with Mathurin with the exception of set play called by the Genius out of the timeout (1:16 mark regulation) where Mathurin used the overplay advantage on a back door with a perfect delivery from Terry. other than that it was Ben Ben and more Ben with the ball in his hands.

the point in all this, the reps and live game action practice almost earlier in the year to get the motion and reps and timing and everything else that goes with that on point.

Lloyd's ability to adapt and work the game around the strengths of his team, being fungible and open to change.

its incredible really and showed up again and again not only on that play but the two big lineup that was able to bring some balance to the game and cause problems for TCU.

man just impresses and impresses - that pick-n-roll action you can expect in a 10 point lead or less with Mathurin in the final two minutes in every game AZ is in from here on out.
Last edited by 97cats on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:57 pm I was mentally preparing myself for the end of the season, already mentally crafting my post in this thread eulogizing this team and this amazing run they’ve been on.

But then Benn Mathurin and Christian Koloko told me to shut the fuck up with that loser talk because WE ARE NOT DONE YET!
Shit, I've been doing that too, way more than I like to admit.

Sadly, I've grown accustomed to being heartbroken this time of year. I was telling my wife that it's like transcendent sports movements have a shelf life. The '97 title was such a high point. But the joy doesn't last forever. I'll always love watching us beat Kentucky and watching Davison mess up Lute's hair. It's an iconic moment in the program's history. But it's hard to keep going into that well. We need new memories. It's been 21 years since our last Final Four. I never thought we'd have a dry spell like this, given how often Lute was getting there between the 80s and 00s.

Forget about winning a title. Just getting to the Final Four is such a rare and special achievement. Not getting there with some of my favorite teams from the Miller era was a really tough pill.

I absolutely did not expect for Lloyd and this team to have this kind of season. This is some fairy tale shit, and I keep having my mind blown. How many more miracles does this team have in them?

Whatever happens in Texas, I'll remember this team's achievements forever. But I have a feeling the best moments are still ahead.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

First I didn't know women had any say over their bodies in Texas so I assume it was angry white men bring this important sexual assault to light. Thank you to the fine men of Texas now let's get a rope. Though you have rarely been to the tournament and never to a sweet 16 so I'm sure the disappointment stings. You have a good coach (Ben Howland protégé) and a really good team so go celebrate what they achieved 8-10 not what you wanted them to achieve.
Of course I care about the foul controversy. I have watch the clip like millions of Americans and I have concluded
that there was definitely a foul. When Ben dunked over that Neanderthal there was OBVIOUS contact. Anyone can watch that tape and there is no doubt. Thank you for bring that to my attention.
You had a guy dribble into a trap 40 feet from the basket with 3 seconds left and PRAYED like hell that the refs would bail you out. They didn't and this was right after you gave an open look to our best player and it must be someone else's fault. Not to mention the icing on the cake dunk by fan favorite C-Lo in OT..
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

'97Cats-

Were you at the game? If so- thoughts as a fan from the stands?
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Great call from Jeffries
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Same…I was dead in the water, standing silently, in the first stage of mourning, conditioned to expect that arizona wouldn’t be able to gut it out….and then it was like 1980-1990s vintage arizona all over again.

I was a teenage kid rooting for Lute and the boys from my home in Tempe waiting for the freedom that going away to college would get me.

Thank you BM and CK, thank you.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:29 pm '97Cats-

i was not at the game, my son was playing a baseball tournament in Fontana so i chose not to attend - i actually had to watch the game on delay and didnt see any of it till late late last night - shut phone off at 6:15pm.

i am however, flying to Austin and driving with my college roommate to San Antonio for the games Thursday and then again on Saturday.

i will be loud and proud and you can bet your sweet tits Houston and the like will all be able to hear me...
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

WildcatStunner wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:07 pm I didn’t even know tcu basketball had fans until they lost last night.
And now they have millions according to their dumbass coach.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I felt the same dread as the rest of you during the last 2+ minutes and on that last possession with the clock winding down and no real offensive movement I thought we were toast.

And then Benn rose up from depths of disparity and saved our ass. He had been clanking almost all his jumpers the entire night so why were the Basketball Gods going to save us at that moment? We have been through enough torment over recent Tourney defeats - the Buffalo's, the Wisconsin's, the UCONN's, the Wichita Sates, etc.. We hadn't pulled one out since Salim vs. Okie State. And instead of a clank off the rim it was the most beautiful swish these eyes have ever seen. I knew right then NOT TONIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS.

And if we had lost I was going to slam down the computer and boycott this site for a few days because yes, I am a sore loser and it just would have pissed me off more what would have been said about this wonderful team and the amazing season we just had.

Now I'm glad I can just continue to stress out over the next game and hang out with you knuckleheads...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 pm

lets talk about this more - did you see...
Great post JG, but no. I didn’t see anything. I was hyperventilating, trying to will them to an improbable victory with all the psychic and emotional cosmic vibes I could muster. I was making deals with deities I definitely do not believe in. I was telling myself that I’m almost 45 years old and that if I cried at the end of the game I might as well punch myself in my flaccid penis.

In short, I was a mess.

But I can’t wait to watch the replay and see all that stuff you just called out!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 pm

lets talk about this more - did you see Lloyd go to the pick-n-roll again as the clock was winding down on AZ's last possession of the game, with you guessed it, Mathurin and Koloko?? Koloko on the roll is unimpeded to the basket down the middle of the lane for the easy putback dunk off the soft touch of Mathurin front rim to center of backboard for the perfect bounce into a perfectly positioned (thx Genius) Koloko at the front of the rim.

Lloyd just pushes all the right buttons - about two and a half months ago he started incorporating more baseline and back cut action for Mathurin who was playing more straight line all season, up to that point he was having success keeping it simple with Mathurin but as more tape on him surfaced teams starting keying on him and Lloyd's scheme....do, of course, the Genius starts slowly putting in the iso pick-n-roll and worked on it never relenting even when at times it got worse before it got better.

it was first really implemented at UCLA when AZ suffered a bad loss to the Bruins in Pauly. i was at the game and noticed the new action right away but it was uneven and sloppy and new to Ben, he looked uncomfortable a bit not quite sure in himself on how to use it...that night it worked to a certain extent as Mathurin was open time and time again but could not hit open shots, it happens.

fast forward two full months and wouldnt ya know it, the last two minutes of both the second half and regulation was iso pick-n-roll with Mathurin with the exception of set play called by the Genius out of the timeout (1:16 mark regulation) where Mathurin used the overplay advantage on a back door with a perfect delivery from Terry. other than that it was Ben Ben and more Ben with the ball in his hands.

the point in all this, the reps and live game action practice almost earlier in the year to get the motion and reps and timing and everything else that goes with that on point.

Lloyd's ability to adapt and work the game around the strengths of his team, being fungible and open to change.

its incredible really and showed up again and again not only on that play but the two big lineup that was able to bring some balance to the game and cause problems for TCU.

man just impresses and impresses - that pick-n-roll action you can expect in a 10 point lead or less with Mathurin in the final two minutes in every game AZ is in from here on out.
This is fantastic and all true, but Lloyd didn’t stop there. Benedict’s passing and rebounding have improved as well, in the games biggest moments. Tommy has challenged Mathurin not only on defense, but the ability to affect the game when the shots aren’t falling or other players are scoring.

For example:

With 6:42 left in the first half, Mathurin had 2 points and was 0/3 from the field with 1 board and 3 turnovers—while CLo had 16 points, 7/7 from field with 4 boards and O to.

With just under 4 mins left in 1st—Bennedict had gotten to the line twice and made all ft and hit a bucket, getting to 7 points. He still only had 1 board. He also drained another 3 before half, but had just 1 board and 1 assist.

And we know what happened later…
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:46 pm My wife and I lost our voices long ago.

Mathurin, Koloko, all of em...what an unbelievable team we have, guys.

If they don't win another game in this tournament, their legend will live forever.

Bring on Houston!

BTFD!

Wish I could buy you all a round right now!!!
Joy is better than beer even!

(I'm hip implants post-op so: yes, it is possible to be a madness UA fan without a single beer
!!!)
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

At the end of regulation my anxiety was through the roof and I knew regardless of the outcome I would not be able to sleep for a while. Right before OT I logged on to work and requested PTO for today, it got approved, best decision I've made this year.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

My apple watch was very concerned about my heart rate at about 8:50pm local time last night.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This is the best video I have seen that shows it was a flop
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

This.

I was getting ready to just sulk by myself for an hour away from the TV and the computer and let all the negative thoughts float away and reflect on the season.

Luckily, our team is not as weak as I am hahaha.

*EDIT*

After the Koloko putback to seal the deal, I ran around the house screaming YES! like I was Tiger Woods sinking a winner or one of his 28 mistresses. My wife wondered what got me so worked up.
Last edited by WildcatStunner on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Agree with all. It was an awful feeling thinking of how this could be the end of a great season so far. Good thing Mathurin came thruuuu. Still in shock and get chills watching the highlights.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

WildcatStunner wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:09 pm

This.

I was getting ready to just sulk by myself for an hour away from the TV and the computer and let all the negative thoughts float away and reflect on the season.

Luckily, our team is not as weak as I am hahaha.
The more of these I read, the more it just deepens my view that we are officially "long-suffering Arizona fans." Not to take anything away from the many great moments Miller and his teams gave us, but Lute raised the bar to the level of national championship and Final Fours. I love me some Pac titles, and beating ucla is great. But we need to see our guys climbing that ladder and cutting down some nets. It's been way, way too long. And it breaks my heart to know how inured we've all become to losing this time of year.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

97cats wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:40 pm

i was not at the game, my son was playing a baseball tournament in Fontana so i chose not to attend - i actually had to watch the game on delay and didnt see any of it till late late last night - shut phone off at 6:15pm.

i am however, flying to Austin and driving with my college roommate to San Antonio for the games Thursday and then again on Saturday.

i will be loud and proud and you can bet your sweet tits Houston and the like will all be able to hear me...
Don't forget to borrow Ari's lucky underwear.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I was in disbelief as we got outscored 13-0 but it was weird that I just didn’t have that dread associated with a late run by the other team.

I just have watched this team win in every situation possible. I have watched where the other team hits 64% or makes 16 three’s or we turn it over 30 times. None of that makes sense but we just come up big and win

So we are like 3-24 at the time and Terry buries a three and then Benn hits a moon ball and it’s like, I knew they would. Go to OT and I tell my wife, game over, cats advance. She is writhing with each possession and I am very calm(which isn’t my norm generally)

I just have such a different feeling about this team than ever before. Even watching them run that last play for Benn it seemed smoother than just a one high set with a new pick situation
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Did anyone notice the game clock stopped momentarily after Terry stole the ball at the end of regulation? Good thing Terry didn't make his shot before the buzzer or we would of had a different kind of controversy.

www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/202 ... ess-ending
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:46 pm
97cats wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:40 pm

I think they are out for the season after last night.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:05 pm
I was extremely worried about last night's game. The lucky underwear wasn't going to be enough. I had to give 110%

temporary hosting free
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

That clock operator probably needs a new line of work
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What are you drinking? Is that when you switched to whiskey?
Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:21 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:05 pm
I was extremely worried about last night's game. The lucky underwear wasn't going to be enough. I had to give 110%

temporary hosting free
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:04 pm I have so much to say and not enough energy to say it, so I’ll just say fuck TCU and their fans.
That’s the best analysis I’ve read.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
TheCatInTheHat

Houston Scout

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

This is just quick and dirty, so no heavy analytics whatsoever. Obviously we're familiar with Kelvin Sampson, and 31-5 speaks for itself, but here's what they've done against fairly well-known teams:

W Virginia
W Butler (Neutral)
L Wisconsin (Neutral)
W Oregon (Neutral)
L @ Alabama
W Oklahoma St
L @ SMU
L Memphis
W SMU
L @ Memphis
W Memphis (AAC Tournament)
W UAB (NCAA Tournament)
W Illinois (NCAA Tournament)

Balanced scoring, and they seem to rebound well. I don't get the impression they gamble all that much; more like grind and bang. A couple of good 3-pt shooters, but nothing that jumps off the page at you. At this time of the season, I consider the remaining teams besides us to all be legitimately Top 15. For perspective, how would we feel having to face four Top 15 schools in a row in the regular season? We'd probably expect a split, and be thrilled to win 3 of 4. But, it's win or go home time. If we play a bad game, anybody left can beat us. That said, while I respect Houston, I certainly don't fear them, and all things being equal, I'd expect to beat them.

G Marcus Sasser 6-2 JR 17.7 PPG 2.8 RPG 74.4 FT% 43.7 3P%
G Kyler Edwards 6-4 SR 13.9 PPG 6.0 RPG 71.1 FT% 33.6 3P%
F Fabian White 6-8 SR 13.0 PPG 5.8 RPG 69.7 FT% 38.6 3P%
C Josh Carlton 6-11 SR 11.8 PPG 6.3 RPG 58.7 FT% 100.0 3P% (1-1)
G Taze Moore 6-5 SR 10.5 PPG 4.8 RPG 71.4 FT% 31.8 3P%
G Jamal Shead 6-1 SO 9.8 PPG 3.0 RPG 79.7 FT% 30.6 3P%
G Ramon Walker 6-4 FR 3.2 PPG 2.8 RPG 84.2 FT% 26.7 3P%
F Reggie Chaney 6-8 SR 3.1 PPG 2.2 RPG 63.4 FT% 0.0 3P%
F J'Wan Roberts 6-7 SO 3.0 PPG 4.9 RPG 44.7 FT% 0.0 3P%
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Postmaster wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:32 pm That clock operator probably needs a new line of work
Yeah what happened on that possession where there was no reset. Looked like we should have had seven seconds and we got two seconds.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Merkin wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:53 pm What are you drinking? Is that when you switched to whiskey?

Yep... this was me nervously pacing with my whiskey in the 2nd half
RaisingArizona

Re: Houston Scout

Post by RaisingArizona »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:59 pm
I don't get the impression they gamble all that much; more like grind and bang.
I don't really consider it gambling but they do like to trap in the post a good bit. That strikes me as a risky strategy given our interior passing, size advantage and cutting ability so it will be interesting to see how much of that they do on Thursday.
Spaceman Spiff

Re: Houston Scout

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RaisingArizona wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:06 pm
TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:59 pm
I don't get the impression they gamble all that much; more like grind and bang.
I don't really consider it gambling but they do like to trap in the post a good bit. That strikes me as a risky strategy given our interior passing, size advantage and cutting ability so it will be interesting to see how much of that they do on Thursday.
H-Town was actually Knockin Da Boots. Bump and Grind is R Kelly.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It does make me a giggle a little as I keep seeing "Arizona has never seen a team like X"

How many teams have seen a team like Arizona?
prh

Post by prh »

Why are we worried about this game being almost a home game for Houston? We sure like our road games lol
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:57 pm This is the best video I have seen that shows it was a flop
Look at the bottom tape and watch what/when Koloko is pointing at. You also see the push off from TCU.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

On this day in 1997 Arizona defeated Kansas 85-82 in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament Southeast Region. Kansas entered the game with a a record of 34-1 and a team that included Paul Pierce, Raef LaFrentz, and Jacque Vaughn. But the Wildcats with the superior guard play of Miles Simon, Mike Bibby, and Michael Dickerson were too much for the Jayhawks. Arizona had two close games against South Alabama and College of Charleston before meeting Kansas in the Sweet 16. Arizona avenged being eliminated by the Jayhawks in the Sweet 16 in 1996. Arizona went on to defeat Providence, North Carolina, and Kentucky enroute to the 1997 National Championship. Arizona became the first and only team to defeat three number one seeds in the NCAA tournament making it one of the best runs in NCAA tournament history. An absolutely amazing accomplishment.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I thought R Kelly was Statutory rape and pee
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

25 year anniversary of the worst day in enfuego's life.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Well I was thinking, prior to the game, that I’d be happy with a S16 win coupled with the P12 Season & P12 Tournament Championships on top of the stellar season in CTL’s first year after all the turmoil……but today, I had a flashback to a movie when I was at the U of A:

I’m greedy now! I WANT MORE…..A FINAL FOUR before showing us the door (channeling my inner Dr. Seuss :lol: ). BTFD and let’s be talking about our next matchup this time next week! 😉
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Can we get some throwback uniforms like I've seen from Michigan and Illinois? I would love to see them come out in the white and red uniforms on Thursday night, Houston would be dead on arrival.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Had to look this up: with two more wins (ie: reaching the Final Four), Tommy Lloyd will equal the most wins Lute Olson ever had in a single season at AZ. Tommy is at 33. Sean Miller won 34 in '15.

The historic dimension of what Coach Lloyd has done this year is kinda mind-blowing.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 am Had to look this up: with two more wins (ie: reaching the Final Four), Tommy Lloyd will equal the most wins Lute Olson ever had in a single season at AZ. Tommy is at 33. Sean Miller won 34 in '15.

The historic dimension of what Coach Lloyd has done this year is kinda mind-blowing.
"All we are focusing on is winning the next game."

Signed,
The Aw Shucks Assassin
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 am Had to look this up: with two more wins (ie: reaching the Final Four), Tommy Lloyd will equal the most wins Lute Olson ever had in a single season at AZ. Tommy is at 33. Sean Miller won 34 in '15.

It's one of many ways to quantify that his first year has been a pretty unqualified success.

Look, I mean, even if we get upset, the tourney is crazy and great teams get stunned. Lloyd has hit exactly what he needed to in every way this year, and the tourney doesn't influence that any more. Maybe if we'd choked in round one you could hold it against him.

He's been fantastic.
ZagCatFan

Post by ZagCatFan »

This is Lloyd’s 6th straight Sweet 16. This is not a fluke.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

ZagCatFan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:51 am

That's the truth. And it's not like the Zags didn't have their own troubles in their Round of 32 game. Those games are NEVER easy.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I keep forgetting to remember that you've seen him do this dance before. Thanks for the broader perspective.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

7th, right?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

RaisingArizona wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:02 pm
Postmaster wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:32 pm That clock operator probably needs a new line of work
Yeah what happened on that possession where there was no reset. Looked like we should have had seven seconds and we got two seconds.
It was a Benn alley-oop that didn't hit the rim but they reset the shot clock. Didn't realize until much later which stopped the flow of the game and then we had a shot clock violation. Tommy reamed the clock guy. He actually almost gave us the win with the clock stopping at 2.2 for a brief second on Terry's dunk.
SabinoDrifter wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:16 am Can we get some throwback uniforms like I've seen from Michigan and Illinois? I would love to see them come out in the white and red uniforms on Thursday night, Houston would be dead on arrival.
New uni's have been ordered and there is a throwback jersey in the mix.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »