Kerr Kriisa

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Kerr Kriisa

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:29 pm He made the regular season a blast and the post season a nightmare.
I wish him well and hope he hooks back up with Miller at X

I don’t really know this Mike Luke guy but wonder why he is doing harm to the UofA? Does he run down the coaches list or Chief?
Mike Luke changed the BearDownWildcats rules to .... ya know.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm
CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:01 pm Last year he had to play. This year we had Boswell, so there’s really no excuse.
And like has been said constantly, having 7 rotation players leads to a lot of minutes and tired legs, along with propensity for injuries.
Tommy also said after the tournament that other coaches are concerned about the back-to-back-to-back too.

"A guest blog post contributed by FitnessCoach_AC

The rate of injuries during tournaments and playoffs in US sports has been on the rise in the past few years. Too many games too close together wear out players quicker making them more susceptible to injury. Contrary to popular opinion, resting players during the regular season, does not improve playoff performance or affect the injury risk during the playoffs suggests the Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. Whether soccer or basketball, players’ packed schedule and intense travel are exacerbating factors leading to fatigue and more injuries.

The number of rested players were statistically similar to those less-rested players and neither group was more injury prone than the other."

https://kansasortho.com/news/the-correl ... nal-sports
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:33 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:21 pm Going to miss Kerr but I'm here for the Machina drama. Your hate of Mike Luke is very strange.
He is hurting U of A. If you cannot see that I dont know what to tell you
How? Because Tommy spoke to Kerr and said Boswell will be running the ship next year and he decided it best to transfer? You give a podcaster with very little reach to much credit.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Fact of the matter is Kerr was what he was. He was great against inferior opponents but more often then not came up as a net negative in big games. He showed up for Illinois last year and brought a different game where he attacked the rim, and from there on out that vanished. Our only good tournament game in the Tommy era was the one Kerr sat for. The oddest thing of all was the fact that Tommy played him as much as he did against Princeton as he was clearly awful.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

gronk4heisman wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:33 am
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:33 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:21 pm Going to miss Kerr but I'm here for the Machina drama. Your hate of Mike Luke is very strange.
He is hurting U of A. If you cannot see that I dont know what to tell you
How? Because Tommy spoke to Kerr and said Boswell will be running the ship next year and he decided it best to transfer? You give a podcaster with very little reach to much credit.
He interacts with a lot of players and their families. He attacks other media members. PHNX has an army of stans who will fight anyone who disagrees with any PHNX employee. He interacts with a lot of coaches and Heeke.

Of course he is not the main driver of Kerr leaving, but it certainly didnt help the situation. And dont tell me that no recruit or their family members or opposing coaching staff saw Luke celebrating Kerr leaving and wont be worried about that or use that against U of A in recruiting in the future.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

You sound almost in awe, and at least a little bit jealous.

But beyond all that, I’d love to hear what specifically you’ve heard about his influence on Kerr leaving and where that info came from (not naming names of course if it’s private). Did Kriisa mention friction with the local media on his podcast? Or have you heard from his people that he felt the “hate” being directed toward him by Luke and his army of minions?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sounds to me like Kerr and Tommy aren't exactly jibing. I doubt it's much more than that.

Also, either the female "talent" on campus at UofA has gone downhill, or Kerr's not getting out enough. That factor alone is enough to keep guys in town, lol.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:36 am Sounds to me like Kerr and Tommy aren't exactly jibing. I doubt it's much more than that.

Also, either the female "talent" on campus at UofA has gone downhill, or Kerr's not getting out enough. That factor alone is enough to keep guys in town, lol.
Wow. Just wow. You actually typed this and hit submit. Wow
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

He has access to recruits and their families, coaches and staff and you expect us to believe that if he had a negative effect on the program, so much so that he drives recruits away, that that same program would still give him inside access like that?
If an average "fan boy" like me (your words) that has never heard his podcast, seen maybe one or two episodes of his YouTube channel, and maybe a handful of tweets, (I'm a stan obviously) than why am i not celebrating Kerr leaving or disrupting this board.
Your jealousy, bitterness, envy, paranoia, and huge sense of superiority brings endless amounts of joy and entertainment to this forum and I thank you for that PHXCATS.
Please continue.
Mike Luke's burner account.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Should be a good fit - they share a common vocabulary.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

KaibabKat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:18 pm Should be a good fit - they share a common vocabulary.
CSM should hire KO as an assistant.

I really surprised neither one of the them were ever fined for cursing during a game.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gross.

Good riddance.

Back up your talk with a shot. Can’t ride one game against Illini to stardom at X.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Cincinnati ain't Tucson and the Big East ain't the Pac.

Better bulk up on some Skyline Chili Kerr because you are going to need it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

PHXCATS wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:45 am
Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:36 am Sounds to me like Kerr and Tommy aren't exactly jibing. I doubt it's much more than that.

Wow. Just wow. You actually typed this and hit submit. Wow
Damn Right! Re-read the morals clause in the BearDownWildcats user agreement! Prurient allusions will. not. be. posted. !
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

CalStateTempe wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm Gross.

Good riddance.

Back up your talk with a shot. Can’t ride one game against Illini to stardom at X.
Let’s try to remember that he could have bailed as soon as the coach who recruited him was fired. Instead he came to Arizona and repped the Cats HARD. No reason to be salty because he wants to go play for the coach who he originally signed up to learn under.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

CSM sure does like his one year guys.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:38 pm

Good riddance.

Let’s try to remember that he could have bailed as soon as the coach who recruited him was fired. Instead he came to Arizona and repped the Cats HARD. No reason to be salty because he wants to go play for the coach who he originally signed up to learn under.
Now this is a good post
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Good riddance.

First NCAA screwed him, probably because of Bookgate.
Then Bobbin’ Robbins screwed him by self imposing post season ban.
Then Bobbin’ Robbins screwed him by firing CSM.
And he still came back.
I’m not mad at him at all.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Postmaster wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:39 pm

Good riddance.

First NCAA screwed him, probably because of Bookgate.
Then Bobbin’ Robbins screwed him by self imposing post season ban.
Then Bobbin’ Robbins screwed him by firing CSM.
And he still came back.
I’m not mad at him at all.
Another great post
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

In a show of solidarity with Kerr Kriisa, I really think we should all become Xavier fans, since that will soon be his team. No one is more deserving of our fan loyalty than Kerr Kriisa. And if Arizona should play Xavier in the future, we should root not for Arizona or Xavier but for Kerr Kriisa.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I like players who play then run their mouth, not the other way around.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Kerr in the Big East does not sound like a good fit at all
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:30 pm Kerr in the Big East does not sound like a good fit at all
Nope.

Again, the only way this makes sense is if he and Tommy weren't seeing eye to eye. You don't leave the starting PG job at AZ to play for Xavier. It's not like Kriisa grew up in Cincinnati or had parents who attended the school.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:26 pm
Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:30 pm Kerr in the Big East does not sound like a good fit at all
Nope.

Again, the only way this makes sense is if he and Tommy weren't seeing eye to eye. You don't leave the starting PG job at AZ to play for Xavier. It's not like Kriisa grew up in Cincinnati or had parents who attended the school.
He was reportedly told he was being demoted from starting.

Sorta like Ramey was told at Texas last year, eh?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Nope.

But it is like Sean Miller is the coach he originally intended to play for.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:31 pm
Nope.

But it is like Sean Miller is the coach he originally intended to play for.
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. Can't imagine this is anything more than that.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

All the best Kerr Kriisa, you'll always be a Wildcat. I'm so glad that you played at McKale and I got to watch some great games. Keep shooting your shots, play hard...without fear. Everything's going to be all right!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azgreg wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:03 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:26 pm Love how the rules are applied differently to me than anyone else.
It's because you're a twat.
Word.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Always classy

I must be Shaq in his prime because the rules are different for me than anyone else
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:14 am Always classy

I must be Shaq in his prime because the rules are different for me than anyone else
Yes. Oh yes. You're precious. Our precious!

"One Twat to rue them all, One Twat to scold them, One Twat to bore them all and on the forum troll them."

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

USC pundit says that the Cats are better off without Kriisa, which is bad for USC.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... 8cv2bS-1bs

Also that Kriisa was encouraged to leave, which I had read elsewhere.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:55 am USC pundit says that the Cats are better off without Kriisa, which is bad for USC.

It's a pretty common reaction from across the pac 12 that Kerr is leaving

They all wanted him to stay, which imo says everything you need to know
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:55 am USC pundit says that the Cats are better off without Kriisa, which is bad for USC.

Kriisa could've been a great reserve for us, but as a starting PG, he left a lot to be desired.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:14 am I must be Shaq in his prime
You're like nobody in their prime. You're more like the old man who takes a shit every morning at 7 but doesn't get out of bed until 8.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kerr put out a podcast yesterday but I haven't had time to listen to it yet. It will be interesting to hear what he had to say
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

84Cat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:50 pm Kerr put out a podcast yesterday but I haven't had time to listen to it yet. It will be interesting to hear what he had to say
Kerr Kriisa ‘at peace’ with decision to transfer from Arizona

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... basketball
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

84Cat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:50 pm Kerr put out a podcast yesterday but I haven't had time to listen to it yet. It will be interesting to hear what he had to say
He's "at peace " with his decision

He and Pelle mentioned "the haters" and joked about his turnovers multiple times

Both he and Pelle discussed their emotions after the loss, the season overall, and their comments in the post-game interviews,

They will continue "The Nameless Podcast" moving forward.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Looks like many people owe me an apology
TucsonCat

Post by TucsonCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:57 pm Looks like many people owe me an apology
We are all sorry, Machina. Sorry that you are among the biggest douches on this board, and make it a less happy escape for the real Cat fans. Happy?
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:57 pm Looks like many people owe me an apology
I knew you needed a hug.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:24 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:14 am I must be Shaq in his prime
You're like nobody in their prime. You're more like the old man who takes a shit every morning at 7 but doesn't get out of bed until 8.
Take note, kids. Witness the master in action.

~ Wilhoit's Law
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TucsonCat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:25 pm
We are all sorry, Machina. Sorry that you are among the biggest douches on this board, and make it a less happy escape for the real Cat fans. Happy?
Okay Beachcat97
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I apologize that nothing I nor any of us can do will slake your insatiable neediness.

~ Wilhoit's Law
George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.
Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

George Costanza wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:00 pm If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.
Apologize, asshole!

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

It sucks that he's leaving. I'm still thinking of how that tough bastard played last year with the seriously fucked up ankle.

Thanks for everything Kerr.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

dmjcat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:06 pm
Where the fuck did those drives to the rim go?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Explains a lot.