Kerr Kriisa

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Kerr Kriisa

Post by Merkin »

Can this be moved to arch-rivals? Not a current Wildcat.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:40 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 pm
TheCat wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:17 pm Losing a 13 point lead as a team that is an elite defensive team is hardly a classic. Going 10.5 minutes with NO points is par for the course for this offensively challenged coach as I believe the players are capable of much more.
I find this offensive.
All of you making harsh judgments of Kerr (and Pelle, BTW!!!) really should view the podcast to see their own discussion of the postgame interview experience and reconsideration of the quotes.

Otherwise, you're just being reactionary and dismissive. But, maybe that's how you roll.
I have no problem with Kriisa. Think he was a very average Pac player, and now he's moving on. He's not a guy we'll all look back on and think, "man, we were really rollin when Kerr Kriisa was running the point."

Before the season, Larsson was projected as a guy who would get more minutes and become more of a star this year. That didn't exactly happen, though he did start to find his stride as the season wore on. I expect his upward trajectory to continue next season, and when it's all said and done, he will have made a bigger impact on AZ hoops than Kriisa.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Kerr ran the offense very well. His transferring out suggests Tommy trusts Boswell and has someone in mind at the 2.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Well that just made my day.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm Can this be moved to arch-rivals? Not a current Wildcat.
Maybe we can use an Always-a-Wildcat/Ex-Wildcat thread for our bros who are movin' on.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

arizonawildcats wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm Kerr ran the offense very well. His transferring out suggests Tommy trusts Boswell and has someone in mind at the 2.
Boswell needs to improve in how to break a press if he is our primary ball handler. Kerr led the PAC in assists and was a streaky shooter. I appreciate him trusting Sean and Arizona when we really needed it. Thank you Kerr.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

The Athletic ranks "the best players available right now" in the Transfer Portal

https://theathletic.com/4366021/2023/03 ... ign=602288
16. Kerr Kriisa | 6-3 guard | Two years of eligibility | Arizona

A surprising entrant into the portal, Kriisa has been the lead guard carrying some of the best offenses in the country over the last two seasons for Tommy Lloyd at Arizona. Known entering college from his native Estonia as a lights-out 3-point shooter, Kerr has been extremely confident throughout his career at firing when he has even a bit of daylight. But where he has really shown growth is in his ball-screen playmaking within the team’s continuity offense. He got extremely comfortable with all of the reads, and was a solid two-to-one assist-to-turnover ratio guy. Being the maestro of back-to-back top-10 offenses, Kerr will certainly have his pick of a number of different opportunities. He averaged about 10 points, five assists, and shot 36.6 percent from 3 while playing unselfishly and getting his teammates involved. There are some moments of poor decision-making, and he very rarely pressures the rim to score. Defensively, he can be a bit of an issue at the point of attack. But this is an older, experienced guard who will jump start your offense by being on the court. You can trust that he’ll be a positive contributor, especially if you are playing an uptempo scheme where you surround him with shooters and a rim roller.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Definitely does better on the fast break than the half court offense. His court vision is really good.

A surprising entrant into the portal

Not to many of us here after the development of Boswell.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Dang that Portal - I'm sure that we'll miss Kerr, right along with Adama, Will and Ben.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Finally.
Mike Luke's burner account.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Former Arizona guard Kerr Kriisa says he's transferring to West Virginia

Bruce Pascoe - Arizona Daily Star

Former Arizona point guard Kerr Kriisa announced via Instagram that he will transfer to West Virginia.

The Wildcats' starting point guard for the past two seasons, Kriisa announced he would leave Arizona on March 22, and reportedly took a visit to Nebraska last week.

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

At West Virginia now

Thanks for all you did here Kerr. Sorry you were not nearly as appreciated as you should have been
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good luck Kerr, will be rooting for you!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Thank you Kerr, Machina will apologize for all us bad fans.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Bob Huggins will either hate him or toughen him up.

I hope he does well
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Bob Huggins is going to kill him by the mid season of conference play

Apparently he's getting over $100k in NIL
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What happened to Xavier??

Huggins and Kriisa...that's going to be interesting.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I will be rooting for him. I wonder if he has a guaranteed starting position.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Best of luck, Kerr. Always will be a Wildcat.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Really hope for the best for Kerr and appreciate him.

Thanks for being a Wildcat Kerr.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Good luck Kerr - appreciate everything you did at Arizona.

You were our SOB, now go kick ass in Morgantown.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Any news on Ackerly?
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

I wish Kerr the best of luck at WVU. He repped the Cats well in his time here.

A bit surprised the Xavier/Miller thing fell through. Not enough NIL money or what?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CopaCat wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:59 pm I wish Kerr the best of luck at WVU. He repped the Cats well in his time here.

A bit surprised the Xavier/Miller thing fell through. Not enough NIL money or what?
I have seen nothing other than supposition of rumor that there was any active interest from CSM since he entered the portal; he was never invited to visit, or at least did not make a trip to, Xavier, either.

IMNSHO, just more bs from tweeters, bloggers and posters...

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:20 am
CopaCat wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:59 pm I wish Kerr the best of luck at WVU. He repped the Cats well in his time here.

I have seen nothing other than supposition of rumor that there was any active interest from CSM since he entered the portal; he was never invited to visit, or at least did not make a trip to, Xavier, either.

This. It was a natural assumption but there was never any next level of interest from CSM and to be honest he doesn't really fit the mold of a Big East PG (not saying he is for the Big 12 either).
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Well the supposed recruiting experts at 247 had him a Xavier Commit for over a week. It seemed it was legit but then fell through, who knows? You could be correct. The Internet is just one big pile of worthless information anymore. To many trying to break the story instead of getting it accurate.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CopaCat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:50 am

Well the supposed recruiting experts at 247 had him a Xavier Commit for over a week. It seemed it was legit but then fell through, who knows? You could be correct. The Internet is just one big pile of worthless information anymore. To many trying to break the story instead of getting it accurate.
"supposed recruiting experts at 247" = supposition of rumor

And, of course, that "supposition of rumor" became gospel on boards like these!! :lol:

― Kinky Friedman
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

"recruiting experts at 247" = an oxymoron
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully he puts Kriisa on his new jersey.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Today's Lesson: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

― Kinky Friedman
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:33 am Today's Lesson: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
I'll countinue wishing for a point guard who doesn't go 3/24, Zero FT attempts, 4 assits, 8 TOs and bad defense in all his combined NCAA tournament games thanks.
Don't force your extremely low standards on us buddy.
You wanna cheer him on because he cheered AZ well (he did) but don't pretend he was anything special as a player.
"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR" :lol:
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:45 am
pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:33 am Today's Lesson: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
I'll countinue wishing for a point guard who doesn't go 3/24, Zero FT attempts, 4 assits, 8 TOs and bad defense in all his combined NCAA tournament games thanks.
You wanna cheer him on because he cheered AZ well (he did) but don't pretend he was anything special as a player.
Indisputable Fact: He remains the BEST POINT GUARD associated with the U of A since CTL has been here.

Period.

― Kinky Friedman
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:10 am
Indisputable Fact: He remains the BEST POINT GUARD associated with the U of A since CTL has been here.

Period.
Indisputable fact: CTL mutually parted ways with him.

The splitting was mutual. Why was it mutual PC in NM? Why would CTL feel that way towards Kerr? Where his starting guard tells him he wants to transfer and CTL just says "ok". Why? Hmmm.... mutual

Ex:
During the NCAA tournament Kerr Krissa's three point shot attempt and the rim mutually parted ways.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:10 am Indisputable Fact: He remains the BEST POINT GUARD associated with the U of A since CTL has been here.

Period.
Being that Kerr Kriisa started at PG for the 35 out of the 38 games Lloyd has coached at Arizona doesn't lead a whole lot of comparing to other PGs at UA.

Although next season both Kriisa and Lloyd saw that Boswell would be the better player to start at PG. Still have no idea why Kriisa was out there the last 5 minutes against Princeton while Boswell sat on the bench when Kerr was dead tired and mostly disinterested.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:42 am

Period.

The splitting was mutual. Why was it mutual PC in NM? Why would CTL feel that way towards Kerr? Where his starting guard tells him he wants to transfer and CTL just says "ok". Why? Hmmm.... mutual

Ex:
During the NCAA tournament Kerr Krissa's three point shot attempt and the rim mutually parted ways.
WTF does "mutually" explain here???
  • If CTL told Kerr the PG position would be up-for-grabs next season (which is a distinct possibility), then Kerr had options - he's a prideful guy, and I can understand he could choose to leave solely based upon that,
  • If Kerr told the coach he decided to transfer - there is nothing the coach could do to stop him - "mutual" would be the respectful spin,
  • If CTL told Kerr that he didn't have a place on the team next season (which I highly doubt), then that would be a major fuck-up on his part
And What is the reliable source of how that decision was made? In fact, there is, and has been, NONE!!

Maybe we need to check "Crystal balls" from the "experts"!!

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:50 am
pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:10 am Indisputable Fact: He remains the BEST POINT GUARD associated with the U of A since CTL has been here.

Period.
Being that Kerr Kriisa started at PG for the 35 out of the 38 games Lloyd has coached at Arizona doesn't lead a whole lot of comparing to other PGs at UA.

Although next season both Kriisa and Lloyd saw that Boswell would be the better player to start at PG. Still have no idea why Kriisa was out there the last 5 minutes against Princeton while Boswell sat on the bench when Kerr was dead tired and mostly disinterested.
"both Kriisa and Lloyd saw that Boswell would be the better player to start at PG" - I can't read minds. Neither can you.

No doubt that Boswell is a more talented offensive player (shooter, penetrator, etc.) than Kerr, but there was not really any time that when Kerr was sitting, that Boswell demonstrated the floor awareness, and/or ability to "run" the offense that Kerr possesses. Unless viable options develop and/or are recruited, Kerr @ PG and Boswell @ 2G would be the likely best option for next season.

And, In fact, wouldn't Nembhard have been the PG replacement in that scenario, not Boswell???

Given the learning curve that Boswell displayed throughout the season, his "ceiling" must be regarded to be very high. But his on-floor leadership is yet to develop. We'll see, for sure!!

― Kinky Friedman
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:52 am
KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:42 am

Period.

Ex:
WTF does "mutually" explain here???
  • If CTL told Kerr the PG position would be up-for-grabs next season (which is a distinct possibility), then Kerr had options - he's a prideful guy, and I can understand he could choose to leave solely based upon that,
  • If Kerr told the coach he decided to transfer - there is nothing the coach could do to stop him - "mutual" would be the respectful spin,
  • If CTL told Kerr that he didn't have a place on the team next season (which I highly doubt), then that would be a major fuck-up on his part
And What is the reliable source of how that decision was made? In fact, there is, and has been, NONE!!

Maybe we need to check "Crystal balls" from the "experts"!!
Nobody thinks the third list option and CTL told him to get the fuck out like Doyle from Sling Blade. I'm being dramatic of course. So we can all agree to throw that option out.

Your first listing and second listing would be on target. They also back up what others including me have said that he was going to have a back up role, so he said, adios. And as you said mutual was the respectful spin. I highly doubt CTL begged him to stay.
So CTL didn't beg him or tell him to leave which leaves one option. A mutual agreement.

I didn't believe what "crystal balls" said about Nembhardt and wouldn't have until he was committed. So...
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:03 am
Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:50 am

Period.

"both Kriisa and Lloyd saw that Boswell would be the better player to start at PG" - I can't read minds. Neither can you.

No doubt that Boswell is a more talented offensive player (shooter, penetrator, etc.) than Kerr, but there was not really any time that when Kerr was sitting, that Boswell demonstrated the floor awareness, and/or ability to "run" the offense that Kerr possesses. Unless viable options develop and/or are recruited, Kerr @ PG and Boswell @ 2G would be the likely best option for next season.

And, In fact, wouldn't Nembhard have been the PG replacement in that scenario, not Boswell???

Given the learning curve that Boswell displayed throughout the season, his "ceiling" must be regarded to be very high. But his on-floor leadership is yet to develop. We'll see, for sure!!
Why would Boswell being the starting pg next season be "a distinct possibility" if Kerr had better floor awarenes or ability to run the offense better?
Besides Boswell being more talented offensively, your words, why would he start? Think about it.

I'll give you a hint, it's because Kerr had the ability to fuck up at the worst possible time. Technicals, unforced turnovers, jacked up shots, no thought of even trying to get to the ft line.

You're not helping your argument, you're hurting it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Kriisa is Huggins' problem now. Good luck with that.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Kriisa needs a little bit of respect Beachcat. He led the league in assists and don't forget the environment in which he came here. We couldn't get a domestic recruit because of all the bullshit that was thrown out about this program. Hope Kerr does great and that he is very successful in his next stop.
Last edited by TheCat on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:49 pm Kriisa needs a little bit of respect Beachcat. He led the league in assists and don't forget the environment in which he came here. We could get a domestic recruit because of all the bullshit that was thrown out about this program. Hope Kerr does great and that he is very successful in his next stop.
I'm happy to acknowledge Kriisa leading the league in assists. I was just never comfortable with him as our starting PG. With Terry and Mathurin, we had two elite guards who could score in transition, create offense and defend like crazy. So Kriisa's shortcomings were not an issue in 2021-22. But this past season, with Kriisa in a more focal role, his one-dimensionality on offense, his turnovers and his stupid behavior towards refs were a problem. It didn't help things that Larsson never fully emerged as the player we thought he'd be last season.

This actually has more to do with the importance of having an elite point guard, which Kriisa is not, and which we haven't had for a while.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

There were times when Boswell was out there and had a hard time getting the ball across halfcourt, don't remember feeling angsty about Kerr getting the ball up the court.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

It's nice to have choices??
Nebraska
Memphis
Washington (!!)
Cincinnati
Illinois
Texas
Kansas State
Michigan
North Carolina

NIL Issues @ WVU??

― Kinky Friedman
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

He could be a difference-maker at Nebraska. Leading them to an NCAA berth would be a nice capper on his resume.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

He was, and is, special!!

― Kinky Friedman
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Crappy luck for Kriisa, but then, he chose to play for Bobby Knight 2.0