Ąžuolas Tubelis

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

g32knights

Re: Ąžuolas Tubelis

Post by g32knights »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:47 am Meanwhile, Seth thinks scoring 59 points over two games isn’t all that impressive…
His tweets after this attacking Arizona fans are even better. Seth is such a clown.
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I couldn't copy but Chicat posted a nice little comment to old Sethy.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Having huge impacts on their teams big wins is something seth has no experience in.
Mike Luke's burner account.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm really, deeply grateful I don't have a Twitter account lest I answer the call to skullfuck Seth on a daily basis forever and eternity.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Read this: https://arizonawildcats.com/news/2023/2 ... onors.aspx

Someone with Twitter should send to our friend Seth at ESPN. It seems many others found ZU as the player of the week and worth mentioning. Since Seth sucks Zack Edey off I thought the comparison was a good one.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

:lol:
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Damn.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Oh shit!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That’s hilarious.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Say my name .....
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

We're living rent free in Seth's head now.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Seth is on TV today making some outlandish claims.

Like that Brandon Miller from Alabama is basically Kevin Durant.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

g32knights wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:51 am
Seth has always been pretty fair with regard to Arizona basketball in my opinion. Honestly I think he was justified in what he said. He was called out and responded like an emotionally mature person. So what?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:29 pm
Seth has always been pretty fair with regard to Arizona basketball in my opinion. Honestly I think he was justified in what he said. He was called out and responded like an emotionally mature person. So what?
I hope you didn't overpay for his life-sized blow-up sex doll.

~ Wilhoit's Law
arizonawildcats

No, he responded in a very petty, immature way. I support everyone's right to be wrong on Twitter and these boards, but this shit really tests my patience.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Just like Twitter you should have to put “Parody Account” in your bio if you’re going to post like this.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Now he just looks weak.

Fuck that guy.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Gameday today not one mention of Arizona that I saw. Lunardi said biggest game was UCLA/Oregon. They made ideal players at each position and both Tyger and JJJ were picked for Leadership and Toughness.....no mention of any Arizona player.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:44 am We're living rent free in Seth's head now.
Early game 5:30 MST against Indiana. Tubelius had 21 and 7. Good call Seth. Way to be consistent. Fool.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

I know he had a bad stretch of games….but still ended up leading the conference in points and rebounds…but lost POY to Jaquez:

Tubelis- 20 points- 9 rebounds- 2 assists
58% FG-33% 3PT - 76% FT

Jaquez: 17.5 points - 8 rebounds - 2 assists
49% FG - 32% 3PT - 77% FT

Edit: When is the last time a player led the PAC in P&R but didn’t win POY?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

It was mentioned during the broadcast the list of PAC players who lead the PAC in both, and one of the players listed did not win it. Don't recall the name though. Just figured Jaquez was the best player on the best team and won it that way, but LA Times makes a good point.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... elis%20was.

Jaquez was the most indispensable player on the indisputably best team in the Pac-12, which No. 2 UCLA won by four games over Arizona and USC. While Arizona’s Azuolas Tubelis led the Pac-12 in both scoring (19.8 points per game) and rebounding (9.1), Jaquez was a more complete player, given his superior defense. Jaquez averaged 17.4 points and 8.0 rebounds while never being removed late in games for defensive purposes as Tubelis was.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think Powe also did not get POY when he did it
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I mean, who would you take first if starting a team, AT or the other guy?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am I mean, who would you take first if starting a team, AT or the other guy?
I know this isn't a popular opinion around here... but J Jaquez is a great all around college player and probably my favorite Bruin in a long long time.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I wish Zu would have got POY but have no issues with admitting that at the end of the full conference season JJ probably deserved it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:26 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am I mean, who would you take first if starting a team, AT or the other guy?
I know this isn't a popular opinion around here... but J Jaquez is a great all around college player and probably my favorite Bruin in a long long time.
Nah, will always be "stumpy" for me...Laker guard Gail Goodrich.

;)
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

Yep, I feel the same way even though the Bruins are front and center on my dartboard. Kind of felt the same way with Zion at Duke. Some players have that 'X' factor that makes you like them, regardless of the team that they play for.

I think about Zu quite often, and it's clear to me that he's one of the most gifted players that I have ever seen in a Wildcat uniform. I've never seen a player seemingly go through the motions and put up 20 and 10 like he just rolled out of bed. I've said this before, there's a level to his game that would absolutely smoke anything that JJJ could ever think of, he's just never tapped into it. It's like 90 percent of the time he plays his B to B- game. I've watched tons of players and it seems to me that there is something holding Zu back. Maybe it's the cultural adjustment, his role on the team, or something else. Hopefully soon he embraces his abilities and steps up in the postseason.

And if the postseason awards are not a big enough kick in the butt to get going for Kriisa and Ramey, nothing else will.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

RawleArenas wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:52 pm
And if the postseason awards are not a big enough kick in the butt to get going for Kriisa and Ramey, nothing else will.
This. If we get to the Final Four, no one's gonna give a sh*t about these awards. Jaquez can stare at his little statue while we're playing in Houston.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I think Lloyd put it in the right perspective that we won lots of awards when we won big last year, and now the shoe's on the other foot. Best player shouldn't just be the best player on the top team, but that's how it seems to go too often. All that said, the size of the LA media has always tipped Pac-12 votes on anything toward LA. The whole reason for pre-season guesses and post-season awards is to get broader coverage, so the more the merrier and the ballot box gets stuffed. In addition to that, the LA media really plays a cheerleader role for their heroes in sports, politics, and the entertainment industry. It'll be fun to watch the culture shock after all these years in the driver's seat when they're the minority opinion compared to their somewhat suspicious, and even hostile, counterparts in the Chicago/Rust Belt/Heartland world of the Big Ten.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:24 pm I think Lloyd put it in the right perspective that we won lots of awards when we won big last year, and now the shoe's on the other foot. Best player shouldn't just be the best player on the top team, but that's how it seems to go too often. All that said, the size of the LA media has always tipped Pac-12 votes on anything toward LA. The whole reason for pre-season guesses and post-season awards is to get broader coverage, so the more the merrier and the ballot box gets stuffed. In addition to that, the LA media really plays a cheerleader role for their heroes in sports, politics, and the entertainment industry. It'll be fun to watch the culture shock after all these years in the driver's seat when they're the minority opinion compared to their somewhat suspicious, and even hostile, counterparts in the Chicago/Rust Belt/Heartland world of the Big Ten.
I thought these post-season awards were voted by the coaches...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:00 pm
This. If we get to the Final Four, no one's gonna give a sh*t about these awards. Jaquez can stare at his little statue while we're playing in Houston.
I hope we get to play UCLA in the Final Four!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:04 pm
TheCatInTheHat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:24 pm I think Lloyd put it in the right perspective that we won lots of awards when we won big last year, and now the shoe's on the other foot. Best player shouldn't just be the best player on the top team, but that's how it seems to go too often. All that said, the size of the LA media has always tipped Pac-12 votes on anything toward LA. The whole reason for pre-season guesses and post-season awards is to get broader coverage, so the more the merrier and the ballot box gets stuffed. In addition to that, the LA media really plays a cheerleader role for their heroes in sports, politics, and the entertainment industry. It'll be fun to watch the culture shock after all these years in the driver's seat when they're the minority opinion compared to their somewhat suspicious, and even hostile, counterparts in the Chicago/Rust Belt/Heartland world of the Big Ten.
They are voted by the coaches.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UNC/Duke in the Final Four last year was nuts. All the more because it was K's last game. I think this came up in another thread, but it's been a looooooong time since there was any Pac match-up in the NCAA tourney. I'm not sure there's EVER been a Pac Final Four game played.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:30 pm
UNC/Duke in the Final Four last year was nuts. All the more because it was K's last game. I think this came up in another thread, but it's been a looooooong time since there was any Pac match-up in the NCAA tourney. I'm not sure there's EVER been a Pac Final Four game played.
No. In fact there has never been 2 "Pac" teams in the FF in the same year. :o

Also, the number of Pac teams actually reaching the FF all-time:

UCLA - 19 (makes me puke)
Arizona - 4
Utah - 4
Cal - 3
Colorado - 2
USC - 2
Oregon - 2
Stanford -2
Oregon State - 2
Washington - 1
Washington State -1

ASSU - Bwahahaha
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I don't think accuracy has gotten in the way of a good CatintheHat rant.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

The spoils go to the victor. Got no problem with that. Zu is a great college basketball player that can be around another 2 years if he so chooses. If he stays he'll get his chance but frankly I don't think he gives a shit. Now the guys around him might but ZU wouldn't be throwing 6 foot passes to Omar if he was worried about his numbers.
arizonawildcats

I'd love to see Zu come back and win it next year. He needs to work on his defense and outside shooting. It could be a special season with four senior starters.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

fUCLA
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

arizonawildcats wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:35 pm I'd love to see Zu come back and win it next year. He needs to work on his defense and outside shooting. It could be a special season with four senior starters.
Sorta think a mass exodus is coming.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Zu is not athletic enough for the league, and will be 21 this month. No reason to hang around when he can start getting paid now in Europe. I don't know anything, but I would be gone if I was him.
TucsonCat

Post by TucsonCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:38 pm
arizonawildcats wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:35 pm I'd love to see Zu come back and win it next year. He needs to work on his defense and outside shooting. It could be a special season with four senior starters.
Why? I’ve seen nothing to make me think that we will lose more than the current seniors, possibly Tubelis, and a bench warmer or two. I would imagine that Kriisa, Larrson, Balo, Boswell, Anderson, Veesar, and Borovicanin will all be back. I also believe Tubelis might stick it out for another year. Bal is the one I can see transferring for a bigger role elsewhere.
arizonawildcats

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:38 pm
CTL hasn't stacked 2023 in anticipation of a ton of departures. Zu might do the pre-draft stuff and see how it goes. Maybe Adama transfers, but I'm not expecting a mass exodus.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I think AZ fans have just come to expect mass exodus.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think foreign player value a degree from the U.S. more than most. Hopefully Zu will figure out what is important in his own life and pursue that. He also has a brother on the team that might be influential in his decision.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

TheCat wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:34 am I think foreign player value a degree from the U.S. more than most. Hopefully Zu will figure out what is important in his own life and pursue that. He also has a brother on the team that might be influential in his decision.
These are good points, TC, and of course I hope Zu is back for another go round. He's an excellent college player and may have unfinished business next year. Here's hoping, though, that we win the national title and Zu feels satisfied with his time in Tucson. It's not often (lately, at least) that the best player on a national title team returns to school.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:06 pm
They are voted by the coaches.
From Vegas: My bad on the post-season awards. But everything else I said about the fawning LA media stands, and certainly holds up for all polling and narrative-setting. Lloyd was gracious in his comments, and as Justin Spears reported, so was Zu, despite his feat of leading the league in both scoring and rebounding, which hasn't happened that many times. But nothing's good enough, because Cronin (not a fun guy, despite Bolch's best PR efforts), and UCLA's fans and media are grumpy about having any seeding pressure put on them in Vegas, particularly in light of the Clark situation. I get it; Lute and Monty didn't particularly want to play in the tournament in years when they won the regular season title. But UCLA should really try to enjoy Vegas while they can, before they have to do this in Chicago.