Oumar Ballo

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KillerKlown

Re: Oumar Ballo

Post by KillerKlown »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm Because it makes our fanbase look like shit complaining about this stuff in general but especially in summer

And the players have noticed how toxic our fanbase is and have said as such.
Which players?
Mike Luke's burner account.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

arizonawildcats wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:06 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm Because it makes our fanbase look like shit complaining about this stuff in general but especially in summer

You and Hep Cronin should sit together in Vegas and complain about our fans.
Carter Bryant did say that he was upset with how the fans acted about Nembhard not coming to UA and how it soured his opinion on Arizona (not enough to not come obviously but it is an issue for the future)
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:19 pm
arizonawildcats wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:06 pm

You and Hep Cronin should sit together in Vegas and complain about our fans.
Carter Bryant did say that he was upset with how the fans acted about Nembhard not coming to UA and how it soured his opinion on Arizona (not enough to not come obviously but it is an issue for the future)
Link to the quote. Let’s see what Bryant said about his sour opinion of Arizona fans.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You probably pretend to be an ASU fan when you go out in public. The shame of being associated with us is just too much to bear.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

He's referencing this interview which is totally BS.
This was Bryant committing two days earlier:

Travis Branham: You grew up following this program. So what does it mean to you now that you're going to be able to finally put on that jersey and suit up in college playing for the Wildcats?

Carter Bryant: It means a lot because the fan base that they have and the support system they have behind it... it's ridiculous! I feel like it's one of the best fan bases in college basketball (if not the best) and just to be able to play there at the McKale Center after being able to watch my aunt play there while I was growing up it's definitely an opportunity I've always dreamed of.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

It looks like everyone here, except one person, owes someone an apology.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yet somehow top 35 players nationally and internationally keep coming to the UofA.

These bad fans keep leading the conference in attendance in basketball AND lead the conference in ALL sports attendance.

Social media is like the political boards, stay off it if you can’t handle the heat
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Yet somehow top 35 players nationally and internationally keep coming to the UofA.

These bad fans keep leading the conference in attendance in basketball AND lead the conference in ALL sports attendance.

Social media is like the political boards, stay off it if you can’t handle the heat
Respectfully I am going to listen to Moreno on this. He said it was an issue.

Maybe we can just pump the breaks on the bullshit here and help then staff out
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm Because it makes our fanbase look like shit
Irony
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like we found yet another topic where Machina is a giant twat.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pretty funny how according to Machina it’s the little dick fan site bloggers who are destroying Arizona sports and yet it’s those same people he cites when he wants to shit on Arizona fans.

Newsflash: It’s ok to have opinions and express them on the internet. The only people making Arizona fans look bad are idiots who only want to pick a fight with the people who support Arizona. Maybe stop being the Speech Police.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azgreg wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 pm Looks like we found yet another topic where Machina is a giant twat.
Is that not all topics?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:25 pm
azgreg wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 pm Looks like we found yet another topic where Machina is a giant twat.
Is that not all topics?
There's bound to be A topic somewhere.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

In rewatching some of the highlights I might want to amend my criticism. Ballo maybe wasn’t heavy but he certainly wasn’t conditioned.

Maybe that helps some 😀
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:29 pm In rewatching some of the highlights I might want to amend my criticism. Ballo maybe wasn’t heavy but he certainly wasn’t conditioned.

Maybe that helps some 😀
Ten 5-star recruits just read your comment and crossed Arizona off their list.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Only big dick posters on this site bitches!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

BDW = Big Dick Wildcats!

~ Wilhoit's Law
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:42 pm
azcat49 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:29 pm In rewatching some of the highlights I might want to amend my criticism. Ballo maybe wasn’t heavy but he certainly wasn’t conditioned.

Maybe that helps some 😀
Ten 5-star recruits just read your comment and crossed Arizona off their list.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

I feel I must remind some of you of what a difficult health road Oumar travelled last year. It sounds like he had a horrible infection of some sort with a side of a broken hand. Maybe the team and/or his family thought it best that he just get completely over whatever all that was ailing him and enjoy life for awhile. Is it ideal to get out of shape? No, but let the guy enjoy feeling better. He’s young and got a great training staff around him. Hopefully he’ll tone up some in the next two months.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 pm

Does GoAZCats still have a message board? If they do maybe you would find more happiness there.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:46 am
PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 pm

Does GoAZCats still have a message board? If they do maybe you would find more happiness there.
I am happy as can be

I am warning of the downside of these types of actions but hey as long as you know that and if you want to continue to be a grown ass adult who types things on here about players and coaches and reporters than you would never say to their face then go for it. If that makes you happy then I okay you do you
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

twat
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32 am
I am happy as can be
Doubtful.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:21 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32 am
I am happy as can be
Doubtful.
Think whatever you want. No one is stopping you. Just try to be honest with yourself

I know myself. I am a happy man
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Someone please give Machina final edit approval on everyone’s posts.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:37 pm Someone please give Machina final edit approval on everyone’s posts.
Fuck that. I'll just include an apology with every post and say what I please. Not
Last edited by dovecanyoncat on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Wilhoit's Law
arizonawildcats

I really want to see Oumar return to form. I hope the illness isn't limiting him.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I thought foreign players couldn’t participate in stuff like this to get nil.
arizonawildcats

Postmaster wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:56 pm I thought foreign players couldn’t participate in stuff like this to get nil.
They can't accept money themselves but they can donate it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That’s a really great bad local commercial. 5 stars
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:53 pm That’s a really great bad local commercial. 5 stars
I've heard their radio spots. Cringe
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I hate to see him doing an ad for the shadiest HVAC company in town, but I guess money is money.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Damn The Athletic, this is brutal. True though.

On why UA won't make a deep run:

https://theathletic.com/5219557/2024/01 ... e-bracket/

Arizona: The numbers say the Wildcats should be in the above group. Arizona and Auburn are the only teams with top-10 offenses and defenses at KenPom. I made a late swap of Cats, moving Kentucky into the first group and dropping Arizona here. Teams with a center who can shoot and pass and a guard who can play out of ball screens have given Arizona and its lumbering center, Oumar Ballo, issues. Matchups will be important. There are more of those types teams than ever before in college hoops. The glass-half-full take: The defense is improved from a year ago, and Caleb Love has gone on a March heater before.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:53 pm That’s a really great bad local commercial. 5 stars
There is a bit of a Mutumbo vibe to one of the commercials.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Merkin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:07 pm Damn The Athletic, this is brutal. True though.

On why UA won't make a deep run:

https://theathletic.com/5219557/2024/01 ... e-bracket/

Arizona: The numbers say the Wildcats should be in the above group. Arizona and Auburn are the only teams with top-10 offenses and defenses at KenPom. I made a late swap of Cats, moving Kentucky into the first group and dropping Arizona here. Teams with a center who can shoot and pass and a guard who can play out of ball screens have given Arizona and its lumbering center, Oumar Ballo, issues. Matchups will be important. There are more of those types teams than ever before in college hoops. The glass-half-full take: The defense is improved from a year ago, and Caleb Love has gone on a March heater before.
What the heck is High Point University?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

High point is a private college in North Carolina that plays D1 ball in the big south conf. Right now they are undefeated In league play and have 4 losses total.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I seem to remember Oumar having a pretty good game vs Edey.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I did notice he had some fingers taped on left hand and he appeared to have hurt his right hand in first half.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What happened to Krivas where Ballo played so many 2nd have minutes? OSU must have loved him out there where he can't make a dunk and had a frickin' air ball on a free throw. Along with those 2 critical misses near the end of the game before he was pulled.

Krivas had more points, and shot FGs and FTs better than Ballo. Oumar did have 2 more rebounds in 5 more minutes.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Merkin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:46 pm What happened to Krivas where Ballo played so many 2nd have minutes? OSU must have loved him out there where he can't make a dunk and had a frickin' air ball on a free throw. Along with those 2 critical misses near the end of the game before he was pulled.

Krivas had more points, and shot FGs and FTs better than Ballo. Oumar did have 2 more rebounds in 5 more minutes.
Yes, I couldn't figure out why Krivas didn't get much PT in 2nd half, thought he looked pretty good in the first half and numbers seem to bear that out.

The poor FT % and lack of finishing ability/defensive ability is really starting to make Ballo tough to run out there
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

MrKyle wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:25 am
Merkin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:46 pm What happened to Krivas where Ballo played so many 2nd have minutes? OSU must have loved him out there where he can't make a dunk and had a frickin' air ball on a free throw. Along with those 2 critical misses near the end of the game before he was pulled.

Yes, I couldn't figure out why Krivas didn't get much PT in 2nd half, thought he looked pretty good in the first half and numbers seem to bear that out.

The poor FT % and lack of finishing ability/defensive ability is really starting to make Ballo tough to run out there
I liked the couple of sequences where Arizona had both on the bench - played pressure defense like the women!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:29 am

I liked the couple of sequences where Arizona had both on the bench - played pressure defense like the women!!
Except the last possession…..
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:15 pm

Do you mean where Pelle got the foul and tied the game?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:36 pm Do you mean where Pelle got the foul and tied the game?
Postmaster can speak for himself, but pretty sure he meant the very last possession when the UA let Pope dribble all the way down then shoot a 3 point shot in regards to the pressure defense like the women comment.

Stop the dribble in the backcourt, make him pass the ball is what most coaches probably would have done.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:58 pm
pc in NM wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:36 pm Do you mean where Pelle got the foul and tied the game?
Postmaster can speak for himself, but pretty sure he meant the very last possession when the UA let Pope dribble all the way down then shoot a 3 point shot in regards to the pressure defense like the women comment.

Stop the dribble in the backcourt, make him pass the ball is what most coaches probably would have done.
The only way to do that is to double team him which leaves someone open and exposes the defense for a much easier final shot. Not all coaches would do that.

The D wasn’t the problem. There was a lock down defender on him and he hits a step back rainbow 3 to win the game. Give him credit.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:58 pm

IMNSHO, that was an excellent defensive play by KJ - ANY FOUL in that situation would have resulted in a loss; KJ stayed with him, and forced an almost impossible step-back, off-balance. fade-away three-point shot - I believe that ANY TEAM, in that situation would settle for that shot, and fully expect to go into overtime!!

Note that the commentator was critical of the time for Pope to get the ball upcourt, AND just how much KJ contested the actual shot!!!

https://youtu.be/rQXd6-dYRMk?si=S6PV1-ed7yqymXK8

Jordan Pope deserves credit for an absolutely great shot!

Of course, just like the fucking game-winner by ASSU last year, the game NEVER should have come down to that moment, and the fact that is did exposes the issues that the 'Cats need to deal with...

― Kinky Friedman
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Ballo has to effectively guard Dante. We cannot afford to double.

This is a game where Ballo has to be the best big man on the court.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:15 pm

The last possession was well guarded by the player that I wanted. Guy hit a great shot. What Arizona needs to do on defense is understand that the entire game needs to be played like the last minute and forty seconds of the Oregon State game. One thing I think we forget is that this team had 1 Arizona starter back (Pelle was off the bench late last season). These guys have played 19 or so games together. They have experienced players but not experienced together.
Boswell is the guy that worries me. Kid is inside his own head to much. It must be uncomfortable to be in his skin right now. Feel sorry for him.