Kylan Boswell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Kylan Boswell

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:44 pm Can you enter the transfer portal Captain. Seems like a good move
Good idea but nobody would take him :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Boswell has no cards in his hands, and no drink of front of him. Don't see a problem.

Boswell not having that sophomore bump will make him less desirable on the transfer portal, his chance of leaving is pretty close to nil.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

So glad to hear Boz will be back at the point next year. I was worried for a bit.

* Floyd told me.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Hope he stays but wouldn't blame him after how fans and shitty podcast hosts treat him
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm Hope he stays but wouldn't blame him after how fans and shitty podcast hosts treat him
Good point. If a player leaves, we have ourselves to blame.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:18 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm Hope he stays but wouldn't blame him after how fans and shitty podcast hosts treat him
Yup, I blame myself for Grant Jerrett leaving. That one's on me. *Sidiki Johnson was another one.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:33 pm
Yup, I blame myself for Grant Jerrett leaving. That one's on me. *Sidiki Johnson was another one.
You're the one who told him Tucson is a pit stop? Damnit Dove!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 pm
See how I am. I'M A BAD BAD FAN.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 pm
I think it’s a truck stop now.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Biz killed it today. 4/9 from 3 and 8:1 A/TO ratio among other stats. Wow, we need this version of Boz for the rest of the tourney! BTFD.
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:46 pm Biz killed it today. 4/9 from 3 and 8:1 A/TO ratio among other stats. Wow, we need this version of Boz for the rest of the tourney! BTFD.
Agree - best game of his career
I will see you there, or I will see you on another time
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Rising up. Now get Caleb on track and we have a good chance to keep advancing.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Classic.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't TJ have one dunk in his UA career?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

You can tell those guys really like each other and have a great bond. Hope they play well tomorrow.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Watch as Caleb gets him the crappiest pair of shoes that cost like $10. lol
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No doubt sees the writing on the wall. Gotta hurt going back on the bench as junior.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

You never know for sure how someone will develop. I'm sure Boswell will be fine wherever he goes.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I took it more as “CTL is going to find me a sports psychologist so I can get out of my own head.”
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Postmaster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm I took it more as “CTL is going to find me a sports psychologist so I can get out of my own head.”
Kylan has been an easy player to like both seasons, and is definitely a good individual.

But, he has significant consistency deficits, and has hit a ceiling lower than any of us expected. I place him as being behind Jaden for starting PG heading into the off season.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Djcat

Post by Djcat »

Won’t be surprised if he transfers. Post game he mentioned getting better and seeing what comes in the future.
Winger

Post by Winger »

Rumor had it that Arizona was a 2-season plan for Boswell and then off to the NBA.

I can not remember ever seeing a PG who had as many no shows as Boswell. It was a thing that I found/find difficult to explain. And he started every game (and I believe every 2nd half) the entire season.

I understand that the reclass was as much for rehab and S&C as anything but I am beginning to sour on dudes going this route.
Djcat

Post by Djcat »

If he stays and don’t ride pine, I’m afraid we will lose Bradley. Wonder if Tommy is looking at portal for another PG.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I hope he goes nowhere. He has struggled in the latter part of the season by let's not forget that two games ago he scored 20 in the tournament. Percentage wise I think he is still our top 3 point shooter but could be wrong. We had shots just couldn't make them.
Winger

Post by Winger »

TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am I hope he goes nowhere. He has struggled in the latter part of the season by let's not forget that two games ago he scored 20 in the tournament. Percentage wise I think he is still our top 3 point shooter but could be wrong. We had shots just couldn't make them.
Don’t think you can run Boswell back as the starting PG for Arizona basketball.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Winger wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am
TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am I hope he goes nowhere. He has struggled in the latter part of the season by let's not forget that two games ago he scored 20 in the tournament. Percentage wise I think he is still our top 3 point shooter but could be wrong. We had shots just couldn't make them.
Don’t think you can run Boswell back as the starting PG for Arizona basketball.
I agree.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I think it would benefit Boswell and the UofA if he went somewhere else next year. He needs to start fresh and forget about this past year.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am I think it would benefit Boswell and the UofA if he went somewhere else next year. He needs to start fresh and forget about this past year.
He might want to stay away from UNLV or Nevada.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am
Irish27 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am I think it would benefit Boswell and the UofA if he went somewhere else next year. He needs to start fresh and forget about this past year.
He might want to stay away from UNLV or Nevada.
Boz has that choice available, and it is HIS choice to make.

But, unless and until he makes such a choice, we, as fans, should support him as a 'Cat 100%. He's given his best to us for two years, and he deserves our loyalty!!

Ever hear of this: "Bear Down!!!!"???
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Djcat

Post by Djcat »

Not sure if Kerr had that choice. And he did gave his best for three and two under Tommy.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Djcat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 am Not sure if Kerr had that choice. And he did gave his best for three and two under Tommy.
Kriisa had, and exercised that choice - IMNSHO, he saw the "handwriting on the wall", and didn't want to be a non-starter in his next season.

And, I, for one, supported him strongly throughout.

― Kinky Friedman
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am Kylan has been an easy player to like both seasons
Did you know he was only 18 years old?

:D
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Winger wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am Rumor had it that Arizona was a 2-season plan for Boswell and then off to the NBA.
Not going to look it up now, but thought early seasons projections had him going lottery, maybe 8th-10th, and mid-season projections had him falling to 28th-30th.

Expect now he has played himself out of the first round.
Winger wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am (and I believe every 2nd half) the entire season.
There was at least one game where Bradley or Lewis started the 2nd half after a dismal first half by Boswell.
Djcat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 am Not sure if Kerr had that choice. And he did gave his best for three and two under Tommy.
From what I read, it was a mutual decision.

Not like Lute ever told a player not to come back.
Last edited by Merkin on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Hope he comes back
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Djcat

Post by Djcat »

And second round
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am Hope he comes back
Only if he is willing to come off the bench.

CTL has extremely Tomey like loyalty to prior starters.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

His ups and downs have been something this year, that is for sure.

I hope he sticks around and can find some consistency. I don't know if that shoulder dislocation was bothering him or something else was - but his shot seemed flat/short quite a bit the past few weeks.

I wouldn't want to lose JB by keeping him though...
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

It's a weird situation for sure. I wanted to see if Martinez was good enough to be a rotational guard next year but Tommy never gave him enough burn to see what kind of ceiling he has. One thing's for sure, Boswell is likely gonna have to ride the pine or transfer. We need a guard that LEADS day in and day out. That's why you come to Arizona, to win FF's and play on the biggest stage.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

RawleArenas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am It's a weird situation for sure. I wanted to see if Martinez was good enough to be a rotational guard next year but Tommy never gave him enough burn to see what kind of ceiling he has. One thing's for sure, Boswell is likely gonna have to ride the pine or transfer. We need a guard that LEADS day in and day out. That's why you come to Arizona, to win FF's and play on the biggest stage.
Same here, there were a handful of games where Martinez got some burn in normal gametime and looked promising. Would have been nice to see a bit more to better understand where he might fit next season.

100% on Boz, we can't have the on-court general being a blackhole or riding pine for most of the game
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RawleArenas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am It's a weird situation for sure. I wanted to see if Martinez was good enough to be a rotational guard next year but Tommy never gave him enough burn to see what kind of ceiling he has.
Same with Filip B too, who had an incredible off season and yet barely played walk on minutes for Arizona. Paulius M also did not get many minutes. I have no insider knowledge, but expect at least Filip and Veesar to transfer. Martinez is probably looking around too.
Djcat

Post by Djcat »

Flip might be a little slow and don’t play D as well. Then again the team wasn’t really good D last night. Paulius should have been brought in for a min to see if you could break the 3 drought
GTownCat

Post by GTownCat »

So for example, minutes adama ball got, was that just enough for them to say “we’ve seen enough”, or just a small sample size (minutes played) results in a kid transferring? Like I get you want them to develop (fili b, paulius), but how does that come with (lack of) playing time? , practice time aside.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

GTownCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am So for example, minutes adama ball got, was that just enough for them to say “we’ve seen enough”, or just a small sample size (minutes played) results in a kid transferring? Like I get you want them to develop (fili b, paulius), but how does that come with (lack of) playing time? , practice time aside.
Development occurs primarily in practice time. Period.

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Less we all forget he was great the first third of a year. He lost his confidence somewhere and was tentative after that. I pray he comes back because his defense was pretty good most of the year and we need him.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Why do we need him? Bradley far outplayed him most of the year and we can get a back up PG AND bring Martinez along much quicker. It also will allow us to get a 2 that can strike it. Hopefully a bit more consistently than Boz or Love did.

I would hate to lose Bradley because Boz came back so if he does he needs to know his minutes as the starting PG are gone
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 pm
Less we all forget he was great the first third of a year. He lost his confidence somewhere and was tentative after that. I pray he comes back because his defense was pretty good most of the year and we need him.
He looked disinterested during many of the games he played poorly in. But I may be reading his body language incorrectly.

He had flashes of excellent defense this year and I think that’s where Tommy should have advised him to fall back on. Play tough D and get some turnovers for quick transition points, whether he’s the one taking the shot or distributing it to the open guy.

He’s a starting PG IF he plays balls out D.
I will see you there, or I will see you on another time
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm Why do we need him? Bradley far outplayed him most of the year and we can get a back up PG AND bring Martinez along much quicker. It also will allow us to get a 2 that can strike it. Hopefully a bit more consistently than Boz or Love did.

I would hate to lose Bradley because Boz came back so if he does he needs to know his minutes as the starting PG are gone
We need a starter, a back-up and a replacement for injury.

I'm content with Bradley, Boz and Martinez...

And, I strongly affirm that there should NOT be any encouragement for Arizona coaches, fans or boosters for Boz to transfer.

BTFD!!!! (like you actually understand and mean it!!!!)

― Kinky Friedman
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I'd still take Boz. I like him but he'd have to give his starting position to Bradley imo.
He could maybe/hopefully be better off the bench with way less pressure on his shoulders. He was very solid his freshman year off the bench with his intensity. Right now all his problems are between the ears.
We'll have to wait and see.

Maybe Bill Walton knows a medicine man he can go see.
Mike Luke's burner account.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Man just needs a couple weeks at the Vegas tables to get his mind right.