Kylan Boswell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Winger

Re: Kylan Boswell

Post by Winger »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:14 pm
Winger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I trust Lloyd and it sounds like he wants Boswell

More than good enough for me
He didn't want Boswell.
Was Vegas the final straw or was Tommy already done with Boswell before then?
I don’t know and that post of mine comes off like I do. I was judging off of Boswell transferring, i.e. if Lloyd wanted Boswell he wouldn’t have transferred. He would never come out and say that to anyone (I don’t believe he would anyway) however as he doesn’t do that. You could tell that Boswell was done at Arizona though. The no shows, which continued right through to the end of the season (actually became worse), the import of position he plays at a program like Arizona, the off the court rumors (no clue if those are true either), the team’s play with Bradley in and him out, the 2-year plan, etc. A bit of a sad story, the ending in comparison to his start to the season. Hope he recovers at Illinois.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Winger wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 am
PHXCATS wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I trust Lloyd and it sounds like he wants Boswell

He didn't want Boswell.
I don’t know and that post of mine comes off like I do. I was judging off of Boswell transferring, i.e. if Lloyd wanted Boswell he wouldn’t have transferred. He would never come out and say that to anyone (I don’t believe he would anyway) however as he doesn’t do that. You could tell that Boswell was done at Arizona though. The no shows, which continued right through to the end of the season (actually became worse), the import of position he plays at a program like Arizona, the off the court rumors (no clue if those are true either), the team’s play with Bradley in and him out, the 2-year plan, etc. A bit of a sad story, the ending in comparison to his start to the season. Hope he recovers at Illinois.
A couple of observations:
  • I can't imagine CTL ever saying he "didn't want" a player publicly - especially based solely upon on-court performance/development.
  • I hope CTL gave Boz honest feedback regarding his assessment, challenges and prospects moving forward, not whether he was "wanted-or-not"
  • I think it's possible Boz was already leaning "transfer" before any postseason feedback from the coaching staff.
  • CTL obviously gave Boz full support keeping him as starter throughout, when his performance was faltering.
  • I doubt we'll ever have definitive answers to this unless CTL publishes a tell-all memoir post-retirement - which I doublt would ever happen...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:02 am
Winger wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 am

He didn't want Boswell.
A couple of observations:
  • I can't imagine CTL ever saying he "didn't want" a player publicly - especially based solely upon on-court performance/development.
  • I hope CTL gave Boz honest feedback regarding his assessment, challenges and prospects moving forward, not whether he was "wanted-or-not"
  • I think it's possible Boz was already leaning "transfer" before any postseason feedback from the coaching staff.
  • CTL obviously gave Boz full support keeping him as starter throughout, when his performance was faltering.
  • I doubt we'll ever have definitive answers to this unless CTL publishes a tell-all memoir post-retirement - which I doublt would ever happen...
I hope Boz has a great season at Illinois, and they suck! Cause I always hope Illinois sucks.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.