Kylan Boswell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

wyo-cat

Re: Kylan Boswell

Post by wyo-cat »

WildcatStunner wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm Man just needs a couple weeks at the Vegas tables to get his mind right.
Hell, I could use that.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 pm
azcat49 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm Why do we need him? Bradley far outplayed him most of the year and we can get a back up PG AND bring Martinez along much quicker. It also will allow us to get a 2 that can strike it. Hopefully a bit more consistently than Boz or Love did.

I would hate to lose Bradley because Boz came back so if he does he needs to know his minutes as the starting PG are gone
We need a starter, a back-up and a replacement for injury.

I'm content with Bradley, Boz and Martinez...

And, I strongly affirm that there should NOT be any encouragement for Arizona coaches, fans or boosters for Boz to transfer.

BTFD!!!! (like you actually understand and mean it!!!!)
100%

Fake as fuck fans wishing he will transfer or leave
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm Why do we need him? Bradley far outplayed him most of the year and we can get a back up PG AND bring Martinez along much quicker. It also will allow us to get a 2 that can strike it. Hopefully a bit more consistently than Boz or Love did.

I would hate to lose Bradley because Boz came back so if he does he needs to know his minutes as the starting PG are gone
Maybe because Boz hit 61 3ptrs and JB -9. The last half a year Boz was certainly less than he showed in the beginning of the season. I believe in open competition at all spots and that is what should happen. Boz needs some development for sure especially taking the ball to the basket. JB needs the confidence to put up 3's when open because he shot them great when he took them. Not sure why Ariz fans constantly need to pit players against each other and draw lines in the sand. But that is what we do so carry on.
GTownCat

Post by GTownCat »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm
GTownCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am So for example, minutes adama ball got, was that just enough for them to say “we’ve seen enough”, or just a small sample size (minutes played) results in a kid transferring? Like I get you want them to develop (fili b, paulius), but how does that come with (lack of) playing time? , practice time aside.
Development occurs primarily in practice time. Period.
Well at some point it’s got a show for something. If the kids are never gonna get run in a game, I’d be frustrated too, IF the development, etc is coming along in practice. If it’s not that’s a different story of course.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Brendan Lavender was the best shooter in practice for several seasons.

At some point the coaches need to put guys in games.

Especially with the high turnover AZ has experienced over the last dozen years, the coaches have to use OCC to get starters used to each other. If it was like it used to be, your starters would be mostly upperclassmen and you could use OCC to let newcomers get real experience.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 pm

Maybe because Boz hit 61 3ptrs and JB -9. The last half a year Boz was certainly less than he showed in the beginning of the season. I believe in open competition at all spots and that is what should happen. Boz needs some development for sure especially taking the ball to the basket. JB needs the confidence to put up 3's when open because he shot them great when he took them. Not sure why Ariz fans constantly need to pit players against each other and draw lines in the sand. But that is what we do so carry on.
Boz will never be effective in driving the ball. His quickness off the bounce is average at best.

As for the 61three’s you mentioned, that’s great but that three is not really the hallmark of Lloyds offense, thus the ranking of 275+ in % of shots taken that are three’s.

If he comes back, great but he needs to know that his time at the PG spot will be reduced as the plan in for Bradley to man that spot.

Do you really have more confidence that Boz can lead us to a FF than Bradley? I just don’t see that and I think the inconsistencies will continue
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Can’t wait for everyone to turn on Bradley next year
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:57 am
TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 pm

Boz will never be effective in driving the ball. His quickness off the bounce is average at best.

As for the 61three’s you mentioned, that’s great but that three is not really the hallmark of Lloyds offense, thus the ranking of 275+ in % of shots taken that are three’s.

If he comes back, great but he needs to know that his time at the PG spot will be reduced as the plan in for Bradley to man that spot.

Do you really have more confidence that Boz can lead us to a FF than Bradley? I just don’t see that and I think the inconsistencies will continue
So we should tell our recruits that we predetermine who is going to start like you just did? In the last 1/4 of last year and the first half of this year did you think our best shooter was a liability? Boz lost confidence somewhere along the way. Not sure why but it did happen. I will tell you he was our leading scorer 2 games ago. The start of the year he was a hero and now he is a bum. Typical response from an Arizona fan. We need to blame someone. Just ask Shakur and Horne. I do not have confidence in any person leading us to a FF or we would have been there in the last 23 years. I have confidence in a team not a person. You know who has done better getting to the sweet 16 in the last 3 years than Arizona? Houston and Gonzaga that is it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

DWWD
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

On Thursday, Bradley played 25 minutes.

On Thursday Boz played 21 minutes.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You don’t think they told Kerr Krissa his minutes at the point would be cut? Sure as hell did

Find a post where I blamed Boswell. I simply don’t like his game and think we need a different type of PG which happens to be more like Bradley.

Also I said I am OK with him moving on but never said jettison the guy. I simply don’t want to lose Bradley by pacifying Boz.

The season is over and analysis seems the course and I think the coaching staff is doing that now and will have meetings with the players soon.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:13 am Can’t wait for everyone to turn on Bradley next year
Can't wait for the day you stop posting here.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Lloyd has said over and over again that nobody is guaranteed to either start or play x amount of minutes. You can whine and complain and stomp up and down but it ain’t happening.

What I expect CTL to do is assess what happened this year including the good and bad in regards to player performance, and develop a roster that will put us in a position to win a lot of games in the regular season, challenge for the Big 12 championship, and get us legitimately knocking on the FF door.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:16 am Lloyd has said over and over again that nobody is guaranteed to either start or play x amount of minutes. You can whine and complain and stomp up and down but it ain’t happening.

What I expect CTL to do is assess what happened this year including the good and bad in regards to player performance, and develop a roster that will put us in a position to win a lot of games in the regular season, challenge for the Big 12 championship, and get us legitimately knocking on the FF door.
100%

All of this

The idea that people are promised minutes at the detriment of the team is so fucking stupid. Lloyd obviously feels it is best to okay the guys he play for many reasons.

Stop listening to certain podcasters who have agendas and don't truly know what is going on
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:26 am You don’t think they told Kerr Krissa his minutes at the point would be cut? Sure as hell did

Find a post where I blamed Boswell. I simply don’t like his game and think we need a different type of PG which happens to be more like Bradley.

Also I said I am OK with him moving on but never said jettison the guy. I simply don’t want to lose Bradley by pacifying Boz.

The season is over and analysis seems the course and I think the coaching staff is doing that now and will have meetings with the players soon.
No I don't think they told KK his minutes would be cut. He looked at how Boz did at the end of the season and made the decision he thought was best for himself. I would worry more about losing KJ than I would JB but would hate to lose either. Both are going to be really good players.
Winger

Post by Winger »

TheCat wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:32 am
azcat49 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:26 am You don’t think they told Kerr Krissa his minutes at the point would be cut? Sure as hell did

No I don't think they told KK his minutes would be cut. He looked at how Boz did at the end of the season and made the decision he thought was best for himself. I would worry more about losing KJ than I would JB but would hate to lose either. Both are going to be really good players.
FWIW, I was told Kriisa simply chased the best deal with the most money/pickup trucks. I don’t know what Lloyd told him about minutes but based on what I think I know I don’t believe his decision was predicated on minutes/shots at all. Unless Lloyd told him he was going to come off the bench for 15 min a game.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That can't be right Winger. Machina assured us that Kriisa left due to all the mean comments on UA fan sites.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:44 pm That can't be right Winger. Machina assured us that Kriisa left due to all the mean comments on UA fan sites.
And your 100% dishonesty continues
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I suspect that whatever conversation CTL had with Kriisa after last season, this year's with Boz will have some similarities; but there will be big differences, also..

And, I suspect Boz is considering similar options.

I doubt that anyone expects anything other that open competition for each starting poisition next year - and with much younger highly-rated talents coming in, a starting lineup will be evolving, at least through the fall...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I'm looking forward to Boz's contributions next year and I know he will put in the work to expand his game. Lest we forget:

Arizona sophomore guard Kylan Boswell picked up his first Pac-12 Player of the Week award after leading the Wildcats to a 78-73 win at then-No. 2 Duke on Friday.

At Duke, Boswell had 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting, along with eight rebounds, five assists and one turnover.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Boswell has the ability. But something is off. Mental, physical or maybe Sevun.
I’d like to see CTL use more guards so we could employ a press more often.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Postmaster wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:55 am Boswell has the ability. But something is off. Mental, physical or maybe Sevun.
I really used to enjoy watching Nolan Richardson's 40 Minutes of Hell Arkansas teams. Those teams were intense, and I would have hated to play them.

Looks like Lute was 2-3 v. Arkansas.

https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/mens ... kansas/187

But not sure you can get players willing to work that hard in today's game where you can transfer as many times as you want.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:33 pm
Postmaster wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:55 am Boswell has the ability. But something is off. Mental, physical or maybe Sevun.
I really used to enjoy watching Nolan Richardson's 40 Minutes of Hell Arkansas teams. Those teams were intense, and I would have hated to play them.

But not sure you can get players willing to work that hard in today's game where you can transfer as many times as you want.
Lute really tried with Simon & Bibby in early 97/98 season, but they weren't having it...

― Kinky Friedman
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:55 pm

Lute really tried with Simon & Bibby in early 97/98 season, but they weren't having it...
I don’t remember this disagreement….where did you read about it?

I remember Lute ran a 1-3-1 with Gardner running the baseline early on in one of Gardner’s first 2 years
I will see you there, or I will see you on another time
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

LuteIsGod wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 pm

I remember Lute ran a 1-3-1 with Gardner running the baseline early on in one of Gardner’s first 2 years
I read about it in the Daily Star in real time, and it was discussed on the existing boards then...

The 1-3-1 was regularly used by Arizona during Lute's years - I first recall it with Kenny Lofton on the baseline...

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I wasn't until Shakur was PG that Lute dropped it. Gardner was a true iron man. Shakur couldn't run it as well, and tended to cheat on it, leaving guys open in the corner.
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:11 am
LuteIsGod wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 pm

I read about it in the Daily Star in real time, and it was discussed on the existing boards then...

The 1-3-1 was regularly used by Arizona during Lute's years - I first recall it with Kenny Lofton on the baseline...
Hot damn!!…..thanks for the info….I only read the DW while attending…..and was mostly drunk or hungover
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

Merkin wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:27 am I wasn't until Shakur was PG that Lute dropped it. Gardner was a true iron man. Shakur couldn't run it as well, and tended to cheat on it, leaving guys open in the corner.
Gardner was amazing and remains my favorite Cat.

I was out of school by the time he was our starting guard. I remember thinking, “who is this kid with the Sisqo (Thong Song) hairdo?”

And then I quickly recognized he was a stud. I got to see him play at a game at US Airways Arena (I think Vs Illinois?) and was blown away by how hard he played.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

LuteIsGod wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 am Gardner was amazing and remains my favorite Cat.

Started 135 out of 136 games, and as a junior averaged 38.2 minutes a game. Even as a sophomore, he averaged 32.4 MPG which was his lowest MPG.

The past season, Caleb Love led all UA players with 32.2 MPG, with Larsson at 30.0.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

If he does transfer, it's hilarious he just started in a new ad alongside Bradley for the airport. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

They used 1-3-1in that infamous game against KU. I believe it was Salim on the base line.

Unfortunately, the next season Roy was ready and it wasn’t very effective.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:33 pm If he does transfer, it's hilarious he just started in a new ad alongside Bradley for the airport. :lol:
Just saw one, but thought it was Lewis.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:33 pm If he does transfer, it's hilarious he just started in a new ad alongside Bradley for the airport. :lol:
Just saw one, but thought it was Lewis.
Kinda on brand for an airport if you think about it.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I don't know if this website is legit but they are reporting that Boz has hit the portal

Nobody else is reporting this as of right now (12:46 pm MST)...........could be bogus

Last edited by dmjcat on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:41 pm
Best for all parties. Good luck to him.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:41 pm I don't know if this website is legit but they are reporting that Boz has hit the portal

Nobody else is reporting this as of right now (12:46 pm MST)...........could be bogus

Scheer said Kylan is not in the portal at this moment just now
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I want him to surmount his problem because he's a good guy who plays very well when he's engaged, and I want him to do it at UofA because I'm a selfish bastard.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If UA is in contact with Jordan Pope then the writing is on the wall, and might as well get out when you can.

No player who starts wants to end up as an upperclassmen on the bench.
Last edited by Merkin on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

Boswell is an interesting case. On one hand, I think he can be valuable as a reserve, on the other I don't want to lose Martinez.

I think Martinez has got better upside. Lloyd needs to recruit and prioritize Haggerty from Tulsa ASAP.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RawleArenas wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:38 pm Lloyd needs to recruit and prioritize Haggerty from Tulsa ASAP.
Already committed to Memphis I believe.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Yup, Haggerty to Memphis
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

I would absolutely not take that guy seriously, most of his "breaking" news is way behind everyone else, or else its stuff no one else is saying.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

RawleArenas wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:38 pm Boswell is an interesting case. On one hand, I think he can be valuable as a reserve, on the other I don't want to lose Martinez.

I think Martinez has got better upside. Lloyd needs to recruit and prioritize Haggerty from Tulsa ASAP.
The reason I wouldn't be too worried to see Boswell leave is because we have some excellent guard prospects in our incoming class. Also, I expect Tommy to bring at least one guard transfer, just like last year.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I think if Boswell develops/plays to his potential he's going to be great.

He's young and we're lucky to have him. Hope he stays.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

He’s one of the blue check bullshit artists that do shit for clicks.

When it comes from Scheer, stay or go it’ll believe it.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Mike Luke says he's back. That's basically Scheyer saying he is back. Jaden + Kylan works better for Kylan so he could play more off ball.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

SunnyAZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm Mike Luke says he's back. That's basically Scheyer saying he is back. Jaden + Kylan works better for Kylan so he could play more off ball.
Seems like he was off ball a lot when Love brought the ball up.

Not disagreeing with you. I was thinking the same thing. If he can do more catch and shoot maybe he keeps his confidence up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

We would all welcome back Boswell if he is willing to come off the bench.

Fake news or not, I would still not be surprised if Boswell enters the portal. He will see less minutes next season.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

It's a bit ironic that the percentage who thought over the offseason that Boz was the answer at PG, seems similar to the percentage who now think he could not ecpect to be a starter next season...

Is he less capable of growth from soph to jr than he was expected to be between frosh and soph?

Maybe better to think of 17-to-18 and 18-to-19...

He's now approaching the age that most of the "frosh-to-soph improvement" meme is based upon.

― Kinky Friedman
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 pm It's a bit ironic that the percentage who thought over the offseason that Boz was the answer at PG, seems similar to the percentage who now think he could not ecpect to be a starter next season...

Is he less capable of growth from soph to jr than he was expected to be between frosh and soph?

Maybe better to think of 17-to-18 and 18-to-19...

He's now approaching the age that most of the "frosh-to-soph improvement" meme is based upon.
i'm the opposite. I have been so low on Kylan compared to UA fans. I even said that KJ Lewis was a better recruit while Kylan had a solid freshman year and KJ was like the 85th ranked prospect. I do like him paired up with Jaden as the starting backcourt duo next year tho, good yin yang there.