ARIZONA JOINS BIG 12 CONFERENCE

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: ARIZONA JOINS BIG 12 CONFERENCE

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'm really excited that Machina thinks all of our games will televised 7:00pm or later. As we know he's the board George Costanza:

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Put your money where your fingers are then
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The gambling addiction rears it's ugly head again :lol:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Everyone types a big game but no one backs it up

Fuck you even have a huge advantage with the asu game.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

So NO football HOME games BEFORE 7pm vs atleast one football HOME game BEFORE 7pm. You really like your chances on that huh?
I'll take you up on that offer but only if your willing to double it. 200 buckaroos!
And charity starts in my pocket.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:56 am Everyone types a big game but no one backs it up

Some people just don't gamble at all. What I see with you is a bruise to your ego because people don't agree with you. As for me I just want to voice my opinion. You just like arguing. I don't. I like stimulating conversation. I like hearing other points of view, and I might even learn something. What I don't like is someone taking someone's opinion personal if that person doesn't agree.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

KillerKlown wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:10 am So NO football HOME games BEFORE 7pm vs atleast one football HOME game BEFORE 7pm. You really like your chances on that huh?
I'll take you up on that offer but only if your willing to double it. 200 buckaroos!
Make it $100 for charity and $100 personal and you have a deal

Any home football game that starts before 7pm AZ time in the 2024 season you win.

Only game I am worried about is asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Catintheheat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:11 am
PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:56 am Everyone types a big game but no one backs it up

Some people just don't gamble at all. What I see with you is a bruise to your ego because people don't agree with you. As for me I just want to voice my opinion. You just like arguing. I don't. I like stimulating conversation. I like hearing other points of view, and I might even learn something. What I don't like is someone taking someone's opinion personal if that person doesn't agree.
I wish we could have honest conversations and respect different opinions. I certainly do. But see how I am treated for having different opinions or discussing factors not being discussed. Wanting me to die. Using the R word. Much more

I believe most people just want to talk shit and not have that honest conversation. That is why I put the bet out there.

Please everyone would be better off without attacks and with honest discussion and respectful disagreement
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:26 am
KillerKlown wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:10 am So NO football HOME games BEFORE 7pm vs atleast one football HOME game BEFORE 7pm. You really like your chances on that huh?

Any home football game that starts before 7pm AZ time in the 2024 season you win.

Deal
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

KillerKlown wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:56 am

Deal
Deal. Will set up charity choice and venmo/paypal etc when the time comes
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Why does it always feel like I need to take a shower after listening to Robbins and Heeke?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 pm
KillerKlown wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:56 am

Deal
Deal. Will set up charity choice and venmo/paypal etc when the time comes
Gotcha! 👌
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I'd like to see Heeke commit to do everything in his power to schedule one game a year in Southern California.

I was looking yesterday at a list of the top high school.players in one region of California. We're after a number of them, but of course competing with several other schools for their commitment.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:47 am
Catintheheat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:47 am
PHXCATS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:39 am
Alieberman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:48 am I'm curious how playing in a league where a majority of the teams are not in the Pacific timezone is going to make our average game start time later than it currently is?

Then again... I'm curious as to the rational of most of Machina''s thoughts....
In the Big 12 agreement with fox and espn there was the pro rata extension for any power 5 school jointing the big 12 (I believe up to 4 additional schools). Meaning the new schools would get full shares and the overall tv deal for the conference would automatically increase without negations with the networks.

Well no one would leave the B1G or SEC for the Big 12 and the ACC is in a close to unbreakable GOR with huge buyouts so that was obviously written for potential PAC-12 teams.

Now why would espn and fox do that and not care which Pac-12 teams were coming on? The networks didn’t even need to approve. Because the one valuable thing the PAC12 has that no one else does. Power schools that can play home games in the 10pm eastern windows. That is why they added that and that is why there is an excellent case that the PAC12 would have in suing espn and fox.

Fox can use big fox or fs1 now for power games in that window and espn can use espn espn 2 or espnu for those games. They are gonna want to use as many as possible in that slow. Thus why every UA home football game is gonna be 7pm or later
That is not what will happen. It depends on the matchup and how good UA is. For example if Kansas is playing at UA in basketball the game won't be played at 7 pm, and probably played on a Saturday afternoon because it will receive a lot of eyeballs. If UA is good in football a home game with TCU is not going to be played in the evening because of eyeballs. Not all home games are going to be a 7 pm or later. If the Cats are playing NAU then yes, the game will start late.
Lets make a bet on it then. $100 to the winner's choice of charity? Something lese?
So your saying that they won't be picking the USC/UCLA games for any of the late night games? Not sure that makes a lot of sense.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

TV eyeballs is NOT why UA games are played after sunset.

They have ALWAYS been played after sunset even before there were 'media deals'.

ALWAYS.

Because Tucson is Tucson, and its hot. November you might get an afternoon game for the Scummies.

Heck, even the High School State Championship was played after sunset when it was played at Wildcat Stadium.

You notice I said 'after sunset' not a time frame - that was on purpose.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Good point about the heat RC. You can't really have noon games at Arizona Stadium in September. But to me those will be non-conference games so night games are fine against lesser teams on our schedule.

But when conference games roll around in Oct and Nov not sure why we couldn't schedule home games at 4:00 or 5:00. Nov for sure or maybe even earlier as the average temperature in Tucson is 75 degrees.
LuteIsGod

Post by LuteIsGod »

RichardCranium wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:36 am TV eyeballs is NOT why UA games are played after sunset.

They have ALWAYS been played after sunset even before there were 'media deals'.

ALWAYS.

Because Tucson is Tucson, and its hot. November you might get an afternoon game for the Scummies.

Heck, even the High School State Championship was played after sunset when it was played at Wildcat Stadium.

You notice I said 'after sunset' not a time frame - that was on purpose.
I remember we had a few early afternoon games when I was a Freshman in ‘93 and some early afternoon homecoming games in subsequent years.

Financial reasons aside, are we the fans/viewers going to enjoy the timing of games any more in the Big 12 than we did in the Pac?

I’ll miss having the opportunity to see the Cats in Vegas for the tourney.

The players don’t care….they want to showcase their bball or fball talents….but will the fans enjoy an improved product?
I will see you there, or I will see you on another time
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I hate 8:00 or 9:00 PM conference basketball games, which was often the available TV slots - only basketball diehards in the East or Midwest would bother to tune in...

One advantage of Big-12 affiliation might be that the majority of the conference will be in Eastern/Central time zones, and we'll more than likely be scheduled to meet those preferences. At least, I hope so.

I won't like leaving the Thurs/Saturday scheduling though - I have other lifestyle/entertainment priorities that worked well with that practice....

TV determines our fate, not fan preferences!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Central time zone for the win!!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

wyo-cat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:14 pm Central time zone for the win!!
If it’s CST I will be doing backflips.

Any EST games and I’m buying rounds for the house!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:04 pm

In that case, I'm drinking inner Hebrides single malt.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:08 pm

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Good conference home games will be 6pm

Shitty conferences home games will be 9pm or streaming only
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:28 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:08 pm

LOL. If it comes to that, well Scotch from my man ECC will suffice. But if you're buying, Greg, I will tolerate nothing less than a 16 ounce Bud Light.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

How the move to the B12 will impact the AZ basketball program

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... iting-2024
JohnnyGato

Post by JohnnyGato »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:30 pm I'll just repost this here if anyone is wondering about the money from the big 12
RondaeShimmy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:19 pm From McMurphy's article
In the Big 12, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah will receive a full $31.7 million annually in media rights revenue (not including other league revenue from College Football Playoff, etc.) once the Big 12’s new six-year $2.3 billion Grant of Rights deal with ESPN and FOX begins in 2025, sources said.

In 2024, the three schools also will receive a full Big 12 revenue share, estimated to be about $42 million, a source said. In 2025, that “all-in” number is expected to be around $50 million annually per school, industry sources said.
Here's the udub and nikeu share of the big ten
Wonder what impact their lacrosse (Et. Al.) travel expenses are going to play on thouse numbers.