SunnyAZ

Re: Arizona Wildcats vs Israel Select

Post by SunnyAZ »

no minutes for henri or kj
keshad is destroying this team
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Question for you all: Is ASU over in Israel, too? I’ve googled it, but found nothing to confirm it. My BIL who lives in Israel is posting on Facebook about ASU being over there. My nephew is a personal trainer who supposedly works with some of the top Israeli basketball players. When I challenged my BIL on the uniform colors, he assured me that it was ASU and KSU that were over there, but he never answered that question. He also said his son sat in on the ASU practice and said it was one of the most talented college basketball teams he’s seen in some time. My BIL has to be confused or else I’ve really been out of touch with Tempe Normal recruiting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He’s right about KSU but I don’t see anything anywhere about ASU being there. They are going to France & Greece this summer, so I think your BIL is confused and colorblind.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Siempre Verde wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:53 am Question for you all: Is ASU over in Israel, too? I’ve googled it, but found nothing to confirm it. My BIL who lives in Israel is posting on Facebook about ASU being over there. My nephew is a personal trainer who supposedly works with some of the top Israeli basketball players. When I challenged my BIL on the uniform colors, he assured me that it was ASU and KSU that were over there, but he never answered that question. He also said his son sat in on the ASU practice and said it was one of the most talented college basketball teams he’s seen in some time. My BIL has to be confused or else I’ve really been out of touch with Tempe Normal recruiting.
Uh no. The Scummies went to Europe.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Thanks all, I finally nailed him down (he responded to me that the uniforms were red, oy), but then said the team might be the Wildcats. I told him the Steve Kerr story and the exact ASU chants towards him. That ought to get him to edit his Facebook post. I knew he had to be wrong when saying it was reported to him how skilled the team was, but I wanted to be certain. Good news, my nephew does know quite a bit about basketball (he was on the jr national team, but had his career derailed by a severe back injury) and he was apparently thoroughly impressed by the team’s practice, game play, and the guys themselves. PS, my BIL is a Mr. Know It All lawyer, so I’m taking particular pleasure in telling him he’s flat out wrong.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

SV - he probably had the wrong Wildcats (KSU) but tell him we will be in their conference shortly...

8-)
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Siempre Verde wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 am Thanks all, I finally nailed him down (he responded to me that the uniforms were red, oy), but then said the team might be the Wildcats. I told him the Steve Kerr story and the exact ASU chants towards him. That ought to get him to edit his Facebook post. I knew he had to be wrong when saying it was reported to him how skilled the team was, but I wanted to be certain. Good news, my nephew does know quite a bit about basketball (he was on the jr national team, but had his career derailed by a severe back injury) and he was apparently thoroughly impressed by the team’s practice, game play, and the guys themselves. PS, my BIL is a Mr. Know It All lawyer, so I’m taking particular pleasure in telling him he’s flat out wrong.
Your friend was likely correct.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »