Spring Game

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Spring Game

Post by ANGCatFan »

From the Official Site:

Admission: FREE

Parking: FREE in all surface lots after 3 p.m. There is $5 pre-pay parking fee in Cherry Avenue Garage from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Please note Spring Fling occurs at the same time and will use the same parking lots on campus (Gittings Lawn and McKale Lawn are being used by Spring Fling and not available for parking). Plan to arrive early to ensure a close parking spot. It is advised to enter the campus from south of 6th street. Click HERE for a campus parking map for the weekend of the Spring Game/Spring Fling.

Entrance: Gate 1 and 2 will be open for stadium entrance. Gates open at 4 p.m.

Seating Areas:
The east side and north end zone lower bowl will be open for seating. Access the east side seating sections through the NE tower and proceed to the eastside 100 level concourse.

Concessions: Concession stands on the eastside 100 level concourse and the center of the north concourse will be open. Fans will not be permitted to bring food inside the stadium with the exception of bottled water.

Restrooms: Restrooms will be open on the north and eastside 100 level concourses.

Giveaways: A limited amount of schedule posters and rosters will be available at the marketing table (located on the north concourse) or view the roster online by clicking HERE. The first 800 fans will receive vouchers for free admission to the Spring Fling carnival.

Season Tickets: The McKale Ticket Office staff will be on hand to assist fans looking to purchase new season tickets and/or renew their current season tickets (and Wildcat Club donations). The ticket center will be located on the north concourse, behind section 36.

Also, 1290 will be doing a pregame radio show from 3-6 and the PAC 12 Network will carry the spring game live.
azcat49

Re: Spring Game

Post by azcat49 »

Nice they are doing a 3 hour pregame show. Whats with the PAC channelbumping us to an alternate channel and putti g the scum on at 7?

Shouldn't the defending south champs get preference?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

azcat49 wrote:Nice they are doing a 3 hour pregame show. Whats with the PAC channelbumping us to an alternate channel and putti g the scum on at 7?

where are you seeing that?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

From azcentral
It turns out that TV coverage of Arizona and Arizona State's spring football games will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Arizona's spring game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. Arizona time on Friday. ASU's spring game is scheduled for 7 p.m.

This is far from an ideal situation for Pac-12 Networks' programming department, and given the intense nature of the rivalry, one fanbase was going to be upset.

But this is the solution that Pac-12 Network settled on:

The Arizona spring game will air live on Pac-12 Arizona, Bay Area, Los Angeles and Oregon. The ASU spring game will air on the Pac-12 Networks' national feed at 7 p.m. Pac-12 Arizona will then join the ASU spring game after the conclusion of UA's, and the network will re-air ASU's spring game in its entirety on Friday night at 10:30.

All cable companies in Arizona provide subscribers with Pac-12 Arizona. Dish Network only has the national feed. But since fans with Cox, Cable America, Valley Connections and Western Broadband only have access to Pac-12 Arizona (and not the national feed), they will miss the start of the ASU game.

Cox and Cable America subscribers will also be able to stream the game on Pac-12.com.

But basically, many ASU fans will have to wait to watch the Sun Devils' spring game on TV. I'm sure the Pac-12 is prepared for some angry emails and tweets from fans, but the point is, they aren't favoring the Arizona Wildcats as both games will be available in entirety. Just one won't be live.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh boy, if I want to watch it I have to set my DVR for 3am. Meanwhile the ASSU game will have been shown twice before then.

Thanks Larry Scott!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Great I was planning on watching tonight at 6 but I guess not
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I have Cox Cable!

Actually I'm going. ASUHATER!, you should be too.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I want to but I'd be going alone. Sd86 isn't off work on time.

devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

azcat49 wrote:Nice they are doing a 3 hour pregame show. Whats with the PAC channelbumping us to an alternate channel and putti g the scum on at 7?

The 2014 Cats' team is like acid washed jeans, swatches and British Knights shoes..... bad fads that will quickly fade away. ASU deserves the prime-time slot because we represent the past, present and future of college football in Arizona and the Southwest.

Todd Graham - 2
Richy Rod - 1
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Then why is UofA getting preference on PAC-12 Arizona? RTFA
-JB
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Excited for the game. Will be watching the secondary the most...tons of questions and new faces. Hoping Magloire and Neal step up big, we need em..
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Interesting, no Caleb Jones on the poster
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Tuned in
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

cool idea kicking autograph balls into the crowd
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

3 passes to TEs already
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAEebs86 wrote:3 passes to TEs already

has the sun gone out, are pigs flying and are the republicans finally caring about human beings...? :shock:

azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azcat49 wrote:Interesting, no Caleb Jones on the poster
I was surprised by that too. Wonder if Riggleman and Skowron's inclusion was pre- or post-lobbying.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Dawkins looks a bit rough around the edges, to say the least.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Nice use of Tyrell Johnson out of the backfield.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azgreg wrote:Nice use of Tyrell Johnson out of the backfield.
Liked that pitch play to him. Our offense should be ridiculous. If the defense can be adequate, I am highly optimistic.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

How was it overall? Didn't look like a very good attendance. I wanted to go but work had me late.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Nice look at the Spring Game by Gimino: http://m.tucsonnewsnow.com/tusconnewsno ... d=1uTbP0PV
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I went over the roster given out at last night's game and here are the names that are not yet on the official roster.

19 Anthony Medina 5-11, 209 RS Fr QB from Servite HS, Anaheim CA
34 Jordan Smith 5-10, 169 RS Fr CB from Washington HS (no city given)
35 Isaiah Strong 5-11, 165 Jr from Shadow Mountain HS, Phoenix
40 Jarrett Mitchell 5-8, 181 RS Fr RB Kubaszki HS, Okinawa, Japan
48 Kevin Hamlett 5-9, 204 RS Fr LB Salpointe Catholic HS, Tucson
80 Brenton Smith 5-10 177 RS Fr WR Servite HS, Anaheim CA
87 Griffin Goudreau 6-4, 223 Jr TE/LS Bellermine College Prep
95 Liam White 6-1, 236 RS Fr DL Bellevue HS, Bellevue WA
98 Roc Russell 6-0, 233 Sr DL Orange Park HS (no city given)

Mitchell scored 2 TDs last night and is covered in Brad Allis' article about the game. He was heavily discussed last year after this article and this article talking about him trying to make a D1 squad. Looks like an OKG and glad he is getting his shot.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Really good to see Mithcell on the roster. Didn't know what happened with him he looks like a good player.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

ANGCatFan wrote:I went over the roster given out at last night's game and here are the names that are not yet on the official roster.

19 Anthony Medina 5-11, 209 RS Fr QB from Servite HS, Anaheim CA
34 Jordan Smith 5-10, 169 RS Fr CB from Washington HS (no city given)
35 Isaiah Stron 5-11, 165 Jr from Shadow Mountain HS, Phoenix
40 Jarrett Mitchell 5-8, 181 RS Fr RB Kubaszki HS, Okinawa, Japan
48 Kevin Hamlett 5-9, 204 RS Fr LB Salpointe Catholic HS, Tucson
80 Brenton Smith 5-10 177 RS Fr WR Servite HS, Anaheim CA
87 Griffin Goudreau 6-4, 223 Jr TE/LS Bellermine College Prep
95 Liam White 6-1, 236 RS Fr DL Bellevue HS, Bellevue WA
98 Roc Russell 6-0, 233 Sr DL Orange Park HS (no city given)

Mitchell scored 2 TDs last night and is covered in Brad Allis' article about the game. He was heavily discussed last year after this article and this article talking about him trying to make a D1 squad. Looks like an OKG and glad he is getting his shot.
Not sure about those other guys but there's no way Strong is 5'11". That's some creative record keeping by the person who gave you that.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

5-11 is what was listed on the roster handed out by the athletic dept. If it is different you need to let us know what the actual height is.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:Didn't look like a very good attendance.
No buzz at all with the football program. not sure why.

Prima donna overrated recruit dying to play at Cal gets more posts.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Merkin wrote:

Just how it is. Only way we ever get more than a couple thousand people to spring games and regularly sell out most home games is if we win 10+ games a couple more times by 2020. It will take probably 9 straight bowls, 6 seasons finishing in the top 25, 4 10+ win seasons and a playoff appearance(or two) before people fully fully buy in to Arizona football and sellout games and show up in the 5 digits to spring games.

That is also though the same reason I'm worried about RR leaving at some point. He could be here 4-5 years, never have a losing season and win 45-50 games but if spring games are still empty in year 6 and there are still 4-5k empty seats for season openers...

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

A few things I noticed on Friday night:

Solomon does look better. He's seeing the field better than last year (and he was seeing it nicely last season) but he's also moving smoother and quicker. He's surrounded by weapons, possibly even more so than last year. Randall looks much improved and could probably throw a ball right through a guy. He can't be putting passes up for grabs like he did a couple of times, though.

Baker looks stronger and looks like he's got some ability now to push forward in heavy traffic. Combined with his speed this could be dangerous.

Solomon seemed to stay away from Davonte Neal's side of the field most of the night. The one throw I saw him make that way saw Neal make a hard hit on the receiver. Cam Denson also looked really good and should have had two picks except for some butterfingers. He's got good makeup speed.

Sharif Williams is one big dude. I think the defense takes a step back from last year, but they should improve as the year goes along. The lack of a bye week could be a problem but this team seems deeper all around.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The defense, with a junior Scooby Wright, takes a step back from last year?

You must not have thought much of our secondary's performance, penguin.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I don't think it's a giant step back. But the defense has lost some key guys. Pettinato, Bondurant, Grandon, McKnight, and Tevis aren't easy to replace, and the cornerbacks in particular are going to be tested. I think Neal will do well and Denson will too. McCall showed promise last year. Behind them, there's going to be some growing pains and with the schedule the depth at CB will be tested in the bombs-away Pac-12. Once Scooby's support crew in the front seven finds their footing it's going to make everyone a lot better but the defense will probably be taking some lumps. I'll be glad to be wrong on this and the squad has a realistic shot at winning the South again. The offense should be improved to the point where the defense has some more room to learn without losing games doing so.

I do think that the 2016 defense has the potential to be stellar (and the offense as well... this team is going to be absolutely loaded next year.)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azpenguin wrote:A few things I noticed on Friday night:

Solomon does look better. He's seeing the field better than last year (and he was seeing it nicely last season) but he's also moving smoother and quicker. He's surrounded by weapons, possibly even more so than last year. Randall looks much improved and could probably throw a ball right through a guy. He can't be putting passes up for grabs like he did a couple of times, though.

Baker looks stronger and looks like he's got some ability now to push forward in heavy traffic. Combined with his speed this could be dangerous.

Solomon seemed to stay away from Davonte Neal's side of the field most of the night. The one throw I saw him make that way saw Neal make a hard hit on the receiver. Cam Denson also looked really good and should have had two picks except for some butterfingers. He's got good makeup speed.

Sharif Williams is one big dude. I think the defense takes a step back from last year, but they should improve as the year goes along. The lack of a bye week could be a problem but this team seems deeper all around.
I thought Anu looked really good. however, the defense was rather vanilla.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Just how it is. Only way we ever get more than a couple thousand people to spring games and regularly sell out most home games is if we win 10+ games a couple more times by 2020. It will take probably 9 straight bowls, 6 seasons finishing in the top 25, 4 10+ win seasons and a playoff appearance(or two) before people fully fully buy in to Arizona football and sellout games and show up in the 5 digits to spring games.

That is also though the same reason I'm worried about RR leaving at some point. He could be here 4-5 years, never have a losing season and win 45-50 games but if spring games are still empty in year 6 and there are still 4-5k empty seats for season openers...
BSU's Spring Game was Saturday. Not that I cared about it, but I was surprised when I texted a buddy on Saturday and he replied that he was at the stadium tailgating prior to the game and making a day out of it. That definitely struck me and I thought about heading over just to hang out. I didn't, but I thought about it. The local sports radio guys were all over it hyping it up too, but they have nothing else to talk about around here so that didn't surprise me.

Definitely sounds like an opportunity to create an event and drum up offseason interest.

Otherwise, good reports from those who attended. Overall things sound good to me. Would love to hear some confidence in the Dline one of these days, then we'd finally be over the hump on D I think. Not to worried about LBs and DBs. Sounds like we're on the right track there.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I got plenty of emails/hype from the athletics department about this week's events. With spring fling, the flag football game, a movie in the stadium, and a bunch of other stuff, maybe the scrimmage got lost in all the noise. Did the local news stations hype up the game? The night was nice with plenty of parking, great weather and all the coeds walking around...I can't say I am surprised, though, that more people didn't attend...they were probably too busy following the message boards to get Ivan Rabb updates. I am starting to think that RR's patience will fade before Tucson wakes up to what they have in this football program, and if he goes Byrne will be soon behind because he is too good to stay with a "basketball school." :cry:
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Is there a reason they didn't put the game itself on Saturday? Would have allowed out-of-towners to come in and would allow for tailgating for those so inclined.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If the defense steps back it might be because our toughest games come on the road along with playing 12 straight weeks.

If Anu didn't want to go against Neal that is a great sign. Tremendous progress in one spring and to think we might have a shut fown corner that would allow more freedom for our safties to roam is a great thought.

I was excited also to see us use our tight ends, especially down the seam. Lets keep those opposing safties from rolling to double Richards and Jones and we can work deep more often.

I just think this team is loaded and although the schedule is brutal, we now have the heart of a champion. Can't wait for September
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azpenguin wrote:I don't think it's a giant step back. But the defense has lost some key guys. Pettinato, Bondurant, Grandon, McKnight, and Tevis aren't easy to replace, and the cornerbacks in particular are going to be tested. I think Neal will do well and Denson will too. McCall showed promise last year. Behind them, there's going to be some growing pains and with the schedule the depth at CB will be tested in the bombs-away Pac-12. Once Scooby's support crew in the front seven finds their footing it's going to make everyone a lot better but the defense will probably be taking some lumps. I'll be glad to be wrong on this and the squad has a realistic shot at winning the South again. The offense should be improved to the point where the defense has some more room to learn without losing games doing so.

I do think that the 2016 defense has the potential to be stellar (and the offense as well... this team is going to be absolutely loaded next year.)
I think our secondary will be much better than LY. I was at the scrimmage and the one thing that caught my eye was the speed and guys were flying around the ball. As far as speed and athleticism goes it's not difficult at all to replace what we had LY. It was essential that we do replace those guys.

Loved Tevis but the guy couldn't cover me if I went out for a pass let alone any TE, RB, WR in the Pac 12. Love the guys who play with a ton of heart but we were limited with what our safeties could do. Our safeties always played the run and never helped deep on a long pass (Grandon improved on that late against Utah and assu). How many teams burned us LY on long passes because our safeties were nowhere to found? I think we're faster and certainly bigger in the secondary and I think we have much more versatility as you have guys like Magloire and Parks who can lay the wood and can cover a TE and or RB. The speed and size will also help on safety blitzs as again Tevis wasn't the fastest guy out there.

As far as the DL goes, Williams and Griffin are a couple of big dudes and take up a lot of space. Will they be able to take up blockers in the question. Gilbert getting another year is huge and Fani was playing well at the end of LY and expect him to be healthy by Fall camp and ready to go. Turituri and Scooby are going to be rush ends again TY on passing situations unless somebody comes into Fall camp and surprises. I think we will be much more effective on corner and safety blitzes because of the size and speed that we have back there. Mixing up the blitzes and blitzing from everywhere is what we've shown in bits and pieces but I think Casteel has the pieces to be a little more aggressive TY. I agree that '16 we will be really good on D but I wouldn't sell this unit short for this season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dc4azcats wrote:
azpenguin wrote:I don't think it's a giant step back. But the defense has lost some key guys. Pettinato, Bondurant, Grandon, McKnight, and Tevis aren't easy to replace, and the cornerbacks in particular are going to be tested. I think Neal will do well and Denson will too. McCall showed promise last year. Behind them, there's going to be some growing pains and with the schedule the depth at CB will be tested in the bombs-away Pac-12. Once Scooby's support crew in the front seven finds their footing it's going to make everyone a lot better but the defense will probably be taking some lumps. I'll be glad to be wrong on this and the squad has a realistic shot at winning the South again. The offense should be improved to the point where the defense has some more room to learn without losing games doing so.

I think our secondary will be much better than LY. I was at the scrimmage and the one thing that caught my eye was the speed and guys were flying around the ball. As far as speed and athleticism goes it's not difficult at all to replace what we had LY. It was essential that we do replace those guys.

Loved Tevis but the guy couldn't cover me if I went out for a pass let alone any TE, RB, WR in the Pac 12. Love the guys who play with a ton of heart but we were limited with what our safeties could do. Our safeties always played the run and never helped deep on a long pass (Grandon improved on that late against Utah and assu). How many teams burned us LY on long passes because our safeties were nowhere to found? I think we're faster and certainly bigger in the secondary and I think we have much more versatility as you have guys like Magloire and Parks who can lay the wood and can cover a TE and or RB. The speed and size will also help on safety blitzs as again Tevis wasn't the fastest guy out there.

As far as the DL goes, Williams and Griffin are a couple of big dudes and take up a lot of space. Will they be able to take up blockers in the question. Gilbert getting another year is huge and Fani was playing well at the end of LY and expect him to be healthy by Fall camp and ready to go. Turituri and Scooby are going to be rush ends again TY on passing situations unless somebody comes into Fall camp and surprises. I think we will be much more effective on corner and safety blitzes because of the size and speed that we have back there. Mixing up the blitzes and blitzing from everywhere is what we've shown in bits and pieces but I think Casteel has the pieces to be a little more aggressive TY. I agree that '16 we will be really good on D but I wouldn't sell this unit short for this season.
Here I am thinking the secondary is the major weakness of the team. Our biggest playmakers and 3 starters were rs seniors. Hard to replace that experience.

dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

UALoco wrote:I got plenty of emails/hype from the athletics department about this week's events. With spring fling, the flag football game, a movie in the stadium, and a bunch of other stuff, maybe the scrimmage got lost in all the noise. Did the local news stations hype up the game? The night was nice with plenty of parking, great weather and all the coeds walking around...I can't say I am surprised, though, that more people didn't attend...they were probably too busy following the message boards to get Ivan Rabb updates. I am starting to think that RR's patience will fade before Tucson wakes up to what they have in this football program, and if he goes Byrne will be soon behind because he is too good to stay with a "basketball school." :cry:
The Pac 12 dictated the day and the time for the Spring game - it's all about having stuff on the network. Trust me, if it was up to the UA Ad this game would've been played on Saturday evening. We would've had 10k out there instead of the 2k or so that were there. RR knows this as well - it's not easy for a lot of families to get home on a Friday night after work and then hustle out to the stadium especially if you can't get there from the get go. He clearly likes it here as does his family and the weather was perfect for spring football.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

Here I am thinking the secondary is the major weakness of the team. Our biggest playmakers and 3 starters were rs seniors. Hard to replace that experience.
Parks will be a senior, Lopez is a senior, Tellas Jones is a senior, Allah is a senior - we will have plenty of guys back there who have been in the system for the last 3 years and are getting their chance. Three years is the most that anybody has been in this system so I'm not sure what it means to lose guys that were 4th and 5th year seniors off of LY's team? All the guys I mentioned will be 4 years into the system going into this season and for some it took the last 3 years for the light to come on. Parks will be a leader back there and it's the progression that you want in a team. He played LY and learned the ropes from guys like Tevis, Grandon and Bondurant. Now he gets to pass that on to the next group of guys.

Neal looked really comfortable out there and the biggest issue I see with our corner backs is we don't have a lot of size outside of McCall. You can't teach speed and speed, especially closing speed, is a cornerbacks best friend regardless of size which is something both Denson and Neal bring to the table.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

dc4azcats wrote:
UALoco wrote:I got plenty of emails/hype from the athletics department about this week's events. With spring fling, the flag football game, a movie in the stadium, and a bunch of other stuff, maybe the scrimmage got lost in all the noise. Did the local news stations hype up the game? The night was nice with plenty of parking, great weather and all the coeds walking around...I can't say I am surprised, though, that more people didn't attend...they were probably too busy following the message boards to get Ivan Rabb updates. I am starting to think that RR's patience will fade before Tucson wakes up to what they have in this football program, and if he goes Byrne will be soon behind because he is too good to stay with a "basketball school." :cry:
The Pac 12 dictated the day and the time for the Spring game - it's all about having stuff on the network. Trust me, if it was up to the UA Ad this game would've been played on Saturday evening. We would've had 10k out there instead of the 2k or so that were there. RR knows this as well - it's not easy for a lot of families to get home on a Friday night after work and then hustle out to the stadium especially if you can't get there from the get go. He clearly likes it here as does his family and the weather was perfect for spring football.
Yeah, Saturday would have been a lot better and I could have made a day of it instead of driving down from Phoenix after work and then back at night. Would have loved to spend some time at spring fling. TV is really making it hard to attend the games. I imagine that if we were USC or UCLA we would have been able to push back on TV times to make scheduling better. If there isn't already, there is going to be a lash back. I know TV brings all the money to the table but games with an empty stadium doesn't make for good TV. My son rather play madden than watch a football game on TV already.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's interesting that the Pac-12 dictated the time of the game, and then had it at the same time as ASU's and chose to show that game instead of ours. You would think they'd want one game one day, and one the other so they could split the market and perhaps get some people watching both.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Chicat wrote:It's interesting that the Pac-12 dictated the time of the game, and then had it at the same time as ASU's and chose to show that game instead of ours. You would think they'd want one game one day, and one the other so they could split the market and perhaps get some people watching both.
Nothing the conference does in terms of scheduling seems to make sense. It seems like they twist themselves in knots on the scheduling to optimize TV ratings, and I would really question whether all of those machinations actually have any measurable positive impact on ratings. Especially when it comes to something like the spring game.....the hardcore fans that would watch a damn practice on TV are going to find it on the schedule. Casual fans are going to flip the channel regardless of when it's on.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Tellas Jones is a RS Junior BTW
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:It's interesting that the Pac-12 dictated the time of the game, and then had it at the same time as ASU's and chose to show that game instead of ours. You would think they'd want one game one day, and one the other so they could split the market and perhaps get some people watching both.
Here in phoenix they showed the Arizona game before the ASSu game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Here in phoenix they showed the Arizona game before the ASSu game.
Here in the Chicago area they showed the ASU game once live and once replayed before they played the taped Arizona game at 3am.

They could have shown all 12 spring games live on the national feed but instead they were stupid.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

And here in Northern VA I didn't see a damn thing because Comcast still won't offer the P12 Network in this area. Whenever I contact the P12 network offices of Comcast they try to get me all excited..."Comcast does carry the P12 Network all over the country!! Hooray! But, oh, yea, I see, just not in your metro area..." I would love to know the reason why DC is one of a couple metro areas that doesn't receive P12 via Comcast but nobody can tell me. I see P12 fans, clothes, license plate covers, etc every single day all over the place in DC.