Part of Me Hates...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Folesfor10K

Part of Me Hates...

Post by Folesfor10K »

That that used car salesman Graham did the stand up thing here and dismissed Davon Durant. Couldn't have been easy to let go of the gem of your recruiting class and what would have been an instant impact guy on the scum defense. If we switched teams I could probably justify a suspension and letting the kid play again as a wildcat since the serious charges were dropped.

http://arizonasports.com/44/1850339/ASU ... -from-team
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
Folesfor10K

Re: Part of Me Hates...

Post by Folesfor10K »

Stay tuned....I guess he just now tweeted he has not been dismissed. Maybe I can once again have zero respect for that slime ball.
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Graham could not have dismissed him (and he never claimed he did) because Durant was expelled by the school. You can't dismiss a kid who isn't even technically a student at the school.

I would have kept the kid too. He was the best of their class, and if he can get his act together off the field, will most certainly be playing on Sundays. Rumor has him to Ole Miss, which will be interesting in light of the new rule the SEC just announced troubled athletes transferring into the conference.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Part of Me Hates... that HeHateMe ain't around. :)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Puerco wrote:Part of Me Hates... that HeHateMe ain't around. :)
Agreed. One of the few people who's info I would take at face value.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Folesfor10K wrote:That that used car salesman Graham did the stand up thing here and dismissed Davon Durant. Couldn't have been easy to let go of the gem of your recruiting class and what would have been an instant impact guy on the scum defense. If we switched teams I could probably justify a suspension and letting the kid play again as a wildcat since the serious charges were dropped.

http://arizonasports.com/44/1850339/ASU ... -from-team
The stand up thing is not the thing that almost anyone would do. Dismissing him weeks ago would have been the stand up thing to do. Just my coppers about it.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What happened to him? I know he was a bit prickly but his football knowledge was unparalleled.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:

What happened to him? I know he was a bit prickly but his football knowledge was unparalleled.
He hangs out at Scout Premium now I think.

Prickly? Not HHM. You must be thinking of chief.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Part of this could be a technical issue. ASU had expelled Durant back in March. Durant appealed that expulsion. Thus taking the sole decision out of the Athletics department solely.

CTG did suspend Durant indefinitely following his arrest. An ASU Board took up the appeal and held a closed Hearing late May. No decision on the appeal was made then. Still don't believe ASU Board (non athletics board) had publicly announced their decision yet. Could be CTG was told of their decision recently and talked to SI about it and dismissed Durant.

CTG technically didn't have sole authority to decide until ASU/Durant appeal settled.

Have to be careful in these cases. Take Ka'Deem Carey where his charges were DROPPED by the city MONTHS after the initial protective order/arraignment in his DV/assault case.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Part of this could be a technical issue. ASU had expelled Durant back in March. Durant appealed that expulsion. Thus taking the sole decision out of the Athletics department solely.

CTG did suspend Durant indefinitely following his arrest. An ASU Board took up the appeal and held a closed Hearing late May. No decision on the appeal was made then. Still don't believe ASU Board (non athletics board) had publicly announced their decision yet. Could be CTG was told of their decision recently and talked to SI about it and dismissed Durant.

CTG technically didn't have sole authority to decide until ASU/Durant appeal settled.

Have to be careful in these cases. Take Ka'Deem Carey where his charges were DROPPED by the city Months after the initial protective order/arraignment in his DV/assault case.

I thought I read the board had decided to expel him until he completed whatever DV courses had been assigned by the court. Only after that could he reapply to the school. Depending on the type of classes assigned, it could have taken him a month or 6 months to complete.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Oh yea, it was chief. Another smart football guy.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:I thought I read the board had decided to expel him until he completed whatever DV courses had been assigned by the court. Only after that could he reapply to the school. Depending on the type of classes assigned, it could have taken him a month or 6 months to complete.
Late June ASU told Durant about taking COURT-ORDERED domestic-violence counseling before applying for re-admission. But THINK that's separate from ASU appeals Board decision.

Here's a late June azcentral article regarding and states there the ASU Board's recommendation still not known and ASU officials refused comment on the appeal and Durant's lawyer saying he has not been notified yet of Boards decision

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /29196721/
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Merkin wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Oh yea, it was chief. Another smart football guy.
Yeah, both on Scout Premium regularly. HHM's hitched his posting wagon to Scheer more or less.