Game #4 vs UCLA Bruins discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Game #4 vs UCLA Bruins discussion thread

Post by chiefzona »

pokinmik wrote:Chief you better be betting some serious cash on the rest of AZ's games with that crystal ball of yours, might as well make some money.

If we do lose to a solid UCLA team without Scooby, how is that the end of the world? Take the best defensive player off of any team and they are going to decline at least a little bit, and this game would be a great win even with Scooby.

P.S. using some schmuck AZ fan on the radio as back-up for your doom and gloom argument is hilarious. Hopefully you've sobered up to go to work today.

It wasn't a schmuck AZ fan, it was actually a guy who follows the team closely. No crystal ball here buddy and yes, I'm up for work just fine thanks. It's funny in this day and age when there are disagreements, the personal attacks get slung. Sign o' the times. Have a good day poke.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

All fine, was just very random how you started popping off last night that the team is going to suck this year basically, so I figured you must've been throwing a few back. Wasn't trying to call you a perpetual drunk or anything like that haha. Have a good one too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:It's funny in this day and age when there are disagreements, the personal attacks get slung. Sign o' the times.
chiefzona wrote:DC....you are a sell out man.
:roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

chiefzona wrote:DC....you are a sell out man. I really don't care what excuses or bunk you come with. A lot of pressure is on this staff and like a lot of Arizona pundits are already saying, Arizona is in trouble when PAC 12 play starts. Sure, RR is a good coach but depth is lacking here big time. We can all sit here and stroke away but is a win over Nevada and a cream puff like NAU even gauge where Arizona is as a team? No. Even a HUGE Arizona homer said on radio today that he thinks Arizona is in big trouble when UCLA comes into town. It's all fun to talk about but the moment of truth is coming.
Considering the fact that your track record for predicting the future is exactly crap, this paragraph means less than nothing. A digital fart in the internet wind. Congrats.
Machina

Post by Machina »

chiefzona wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Chief you better be betting some serious cash on the rest of AZ's games with that crystal ball of yours, might as well make some money.

If we do lose to a solid UCLA team without Scooby, how is that the end of the world? Take the best defensive player off of any team and they are going to decline at least a little bit, and this game would be a great win even with Scooby.

P.S. using some schmuck AZ fan on the radio as back-up for your doom and gloom argument is hilarious. Hopefully you've sobered up to go to work today.

It wasn't a schmuck AZ fan, it was actually a guy who follows the team closely. No crystal ball here buddy and yes, I'm up for work just fine thanks. It's funny in this day and age when there are disagreements, the personal attacks get slung. Sign o' the times. Have a good day poke.
So who was it? Scheer? Woodman? Luke? Martin? Brad A? Clark?

Few points here.

1) Game 1 there were lots of injuries and the shock and worry about scooby. Now U of A still was at home and had more talent so I dont think it should have been as close as it was, but it is one game. We didn't know enough yet to judge but you seemed to know enough.

2) The team even without Scooby that was out there in the 2nd half vs Nevada plays UCLA very well I believe

3) While there isnt the depth we would all like to see, this team adjusts very well and I think this staff is top 5 in the game in adjusting.

4) This team is by far more than the sum of the parts

5) How can you sell this team and RR short when there have been few games where U of A has been blown out under RR and I can't remember one at home, even when the other team has a great advantage in talent.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:It's funny in this day and age when there are disagreements, the personal attacks get slung. Sign o' the times.

DC and I are buddies. We have an agreement. Saying he is a sellout is not a personal attack. Thanks.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

threenumberones wrote:
chiefzona wrote:DC....you are a sell out man. I really don't care what excuses or bunk you come with. A lot of pressure is on this staff and like a lot of Arizona pundits are already saying, Arizona is in trouble when PAC 12 play starts. Sure, RR is a good coach but depth is lacking here big time. We can all sit here and stroke away but is a win over Nevada and a cream puff like NAU even gauge where Arizona is as a team? No. Even a HUGE Arizona homer said on radio today that he thinks Arizona is in big trouble when UCLA comes into town. It's all fun to talk about but the moment of truth is coming.
Considering the fact that your track record for predicting the future is exactly crap, this paragraph means less than nothing. A digital fart in the internet wind. Congrats.

Do you have facts or is this an emotional post?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chief I am also curious who you were speaking of on the radio.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
DC and I are buddies. We have an agreement. Saying he is a sellout is not a personal attack. Thanks.
That's sweet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Woodman and Luke are saying it. They are both concerned about this team once PAC 12 play begins. I am in the same camp. RR is a good coach but there are some glaring concerns on this team. Yes, good game against Nevada, I just don't know if it works against some of the PAC 12 teams. We can all bring up points and talk up one side and down the other but in the end....some of the questions will be answered when UCLA comes into town. BTW....there will be a good recruit turnout of that game. I know about some Mater Dei guys as well as some other SoCal schools that are coming out. Huge game in more ways than one.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
That's sweet.

We like each other. He just likes to fight with me a lot and I with him. It's fun.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:Woodman and Luke are saying it. They are both concerned about this team once PAC 12 play begins. I am in the same camp. RR is a good coach but there are some glaring concerns on this team. Yes, good game against Nevada, I just don't know if it works against some of the PAC 12 teams. We can all bring up points and talk up one side and down the other but in the end....some of the questions will be answered when UCLA comes into town. BTW....there will be a good recruit turnout of that game. I know about some Mater Dei guys as well as some other SoCal schools that are coming out. Huge game in more ways than one.
I often listen and didn't take it that way. Also they guaranteed asu would beat Texas A&M and said it was easy money. They can rarely get names and dates and facts right. So..............

And I have no doubt that the crowd will show up big time especially of gameday is there. How would that not help with recruiting?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Woodman and Luke are saying it. They are both concerned about this team once PAC 12 play begins. I am in the same camp. RR is a good coach but there are some glaring concerns on this team. Yes, good game against Nevada, I just don't know if it works against some of the PAC 12 teams. We can all bring up points and talk up one side and down the other but in the end....some of the questions will be answered when UCLA comes into town. BTW....there will be a good recruit turnout of that game. I know about some Mater Dei guys as well as some other SoCal schools that are coming out. Huge game in more ways than one.
I often listen and didn't take it that way. Also they guaranteed asu would beat Texas A&M and said it was easy money. They can rarely get names and dates and facts right. So..............

And I have no doubt that the crowd will show up big time especially of gameday is there. How would that not help with recruiting?
I like to look at it from solely a football standpoint. There are concerns with or without Scooby. It doesn't even take a genius to figure that out. It doesn't help much if you get blown out at home. Lol. :P
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Nobody should ever claim a true insider's POV, especially as a contrarian, using some guy calling into talk radio as your only source. It didn't work with Rush, and it sure doesn't work with the Cats.

I love ZonaDefender1/Latron as an Arizona fan, but that didn't mean he had some monopoly on the true wisdom of Arizona football just because he called into 1290 after every game.

Arizona's got its problems which are well-documented enough. Nobody's deifying this team, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve Tucson's full support--which is hard enough for the games, and I would bet you right now NAU is not a sellout Saturday.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

I like to look at it from solely a football standpoint. There are concerns with or without Scooby. It doesn't even take a genius to figure that out. It doesn't help much if you get blown out at home. Lol. :P
Yes lbs are a question but what else? Line can be better but when the best player gets healthy that should help right?

When has U of A under RR been blown out at home? Never.........

Also you talk about RR with Stoops recruits but never gave the other side of it, but it does not make you look smart so I get why you didn't, that Hoke won big time with RR recruits but did nothing after.

Every team in the nation has questions even Ohio State which maybe the best team in the last ten years, but it is a negative for UA and not for UCLA or anyone else in the conference?

If you want to stir the pot, just admit it instead of acting like you know more than everyone.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Results matter.

Programs progress year over year... or they don't. Programs can progress and still not progress as quickly as other programs in their league and division. To some, that's the same as not progressing.

None of us (assuming) have ever coached an FBS program. Ever. Most Pundits, insiders, radio guys are just pundits, insiders and radio guys. Not slamming them. They fill important role for most of us fans. But many times they're just predicting or getting attention. Predict right and predict wrong. Results matter.

I don't apply Rich Rod's 2012 class as his class. He was hired so late into that recruiting class. I can't do it. But, I do count Rich Rod as having 3 classes he's accountable for.

In Pac12, every team has standout players. This board list many of AZ's frequently. (Maybe a bad every team example, look at Connor Halliday WSU, but WSU won 3 games last year) It's how many and depth at positions.

I think depth is an issue still. Season results will support that or not. AZ winning the South last year I think it's fair to evaluate AZ vs UCLA, USC and ASU this year. Fair to evaluate how they stand up against them (progress or not). That's one way us fans can evaluate 2013, 2014, 2015 recruiting classes. AZ did win the South. Those recruiting classes will greatly define where AZ finishes this year in Pac12. And in my opinion, greatly define the level of those recruiting classes

Rich Rod, I think will always be competitive and always field entertaining teams. It's whether he can get AZ over the Hump and with consistency.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

First off there's always pressure on any coaching staff but if you're trying to imply some other type of pressure on RR then you're completely full of it and are talking out of your ass as usual.

You're trying way to hard to sell something that you can't back up. Pundits? Are you serious? The same pundits who had Arizona finishing 4th in the South LY? I got news for you Chief, Arizona will be just fine vs Ucla. That's not me wearing rose colored glasses either. Can't say much more than that but, once again you know not what you speak of and you have NOTHING to back it up. Wait, you have the "HUGE homer" saying UA is in trouble when Ucla comes into town. You're joking with that right?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

The next time Woodman and Luke are at a practice or even a scrimmage - will be the first time. What a joke!! Those guys know less then the folks who call into the show do. They're at the station when UA is practicing so they don't know sh!t and honestly, name anybody but those two and maybe I take notice but those two guys follow Arizona from a TV screen like a lot of fans do. C'mon Chief, tell me you have more than those 2 guys?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catgrad97 wrote:Nobody should ever claim a true insider's POV, especially as a contrarian, using some guy calling into talk radio as your only source. It didn't work with Rush, and it sure doesn't work with the Cats.

I love ZonaDefender1/Latron as an Arizona fan, but that didn't mean he had some monopoly on the true wisdom of Arizona football just because he called into 1290 after every game.

Arizona's got its problems which are well-documented enough. Nobody's deifying this team, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve Tucson's full support--which is hard enough for the games, and I would bet you right now NAU is not a sellout Saturday.

??? Explain yourself? It sounds like you are way off base. Insider? Radio as a source? Huh?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
The next time Woodman and Luke are at a practice or even a scrimmage - will be the first time. What a joke!! Those guys know less then the folks who call into the show do. They're at the station when UA is practicing so they don't know sh!t and honestly, name anybody but those two and maybe I take notice but those two guys follow Arizona from a TV screen like a lot of fans do. C'mon Chief, tell me you have more than those 2 guys?
It's not just them and you know it DC. Even the famous insider excatdb said their are issues. You even know the team does. This isn't rocket science my man.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

DC or anyone who wants to answer this. Who thinks that Arizona beats UCLA at home?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

chiefzona wrote:DC or anyone who wants to answer this. Who thinks that Arizona beats UCLA at home?
I don't know if they will, but they most certainly can.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:DC or anyone who wants to answer this. Who thinks that Arizona beats UCLA at home?
If Scooby can go, I will say yes. Without him I still think it is a one score game in the fourth
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
It's not just them and you know it DC. Even the famous insider excatdb said their are issues. You even know the team does. This isn't rocket science my man.
I like how you answer and go after DC but not me. Yes UA does have issues. Does UCLA not?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Seriously, I know you live for stirring the pot but you're way off base this time - you really are. Here's what I know, we don't have anybody who can play MLB for the NAU game. Does that bother me? Not even a little bit because it's NAU. This week is Arizona's bye week and the Cats are getting guys healthy and I'm expecting guys like Miller and Turituri and others will be ready to go for the Ucla game. IF, we were playing Ucla this week then I could agree that we're in trouble vs Ucla but we're not playing Ucla, we're playing NAU.

What's Ucla working on this week? BYU. What's Arizona working on this week? A little NAU and a lot of Ucla. If you really wanted to say something you should be asking if RR is going to tweak anything offensively for Ucla because this is the one team in the conference where we really haven't had a lot of success with offensively. Do you think RR knows this? Of course he does. Does the staff know that this is a HUGE game? Of course they do and no doubt RR knows he hasn't beaten Ucla and it's the only team in the South that he hasn't beat. You want to talk about all of that then I'm all ears, but the other stuff with Woodman and Luke and the Homer fan? Seriously?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

chiefzona wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Nobody should ever claim a true insider's POV, especially as a contrarian, using some guy calling into talk radio as your only source. It didn't work with Rush, and it sure doesn't work with the Cats.

??? Explain yourself? It sounds like you are way off base. Insider? Radio as a source? Huh?
What's there to explain, unless you have reading comprehension issues?

Your argument is poorly sourced, chief, and you're trolling way too many people based on it. Period. dc4azcats and I have our disagreements, but I'll support his reasoned optimism over whatever it is you're trying to sell here.

So, did I stutter there? Or are we going to turn this thread into GOAZCATS with kylecollins where we trade insults with each other based on our baseless feeling that we know just how good this football team really is?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Let's see who's healthy but I like what I'm hearing. :D

Let me add that I'm not talking about Scooby in any way, shape, or form.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

It's quite possible.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Results matter.

Programs progress year over year... or they don't. Programs can progress and still not progress as quickly as other programs in their league and division. To some, that's the same as not progressing.

None of us (assuming) have ever coached an FBS program. Ever. Most Pundits, insiders, radio guys are just pundits, insiders and radio guys. Not slamming them. They fill important role for most of us fans. But many times they're just predicting or getting attention. Predict right and predict wrong. Results matter.

I don't apply Rich Rod's 2012 class as his class. He was hired so late into that recruiting class. I can't do it. But, I do count Rich Rod as having 3 classes he's accountable for.

In Pac12, every team has standout players. This board list many of AZ's frequently. (Maybe a bad every team example, look at Connor Halliday WSU, but WSU won 3 games last year) It's how many and depth at positions.

I think depth is an issue still. Season results will support that or not. AZ winning the South last year I think it's fair to evaluate AZ vs UCLA, USC and ASU this year. Fair to evaluate how they stand up against them (progress or not). That's one way us fans can evaluate 2013, 2014, 2015 recruiting classes. AZ did win the South. Those recruiting classes will greatly define where AZ finishes this year in Pac12. And in my opinion, greatly define the level of those recruiting classes

Rich Rod, I think will always be competitive and always field entertaining teams. It's whether he can get AZ over the Hump and with consistency.
Solid post man. That's the stuff I like to read. Keep coming with that. I don't listen to the pundits at all and if I did, 90% of the time I would just sound like a complete Homer and give takes that start out like....I wouldn't be surprised or could go either way....etc.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

PHXCATS wrote:
If Scooby can go, I will say yes. Without him I still think it is a one score game in the fourth
Agree. Ucla is in a much tougher spot than the Cats are this week. BYU is a very tough (some might say dirty) physical team and this game means way more to them then it does to Ucla.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catgrad97 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Your argument is poorly sourced, chief, and you're trolling way too many people based on it. Period. dc4azcats and I have our disagreements, but I'll support his reasoned optimism over whatever it is you're trying to sell here.

So, did I stutter there? Or are we going to turn this thread into GOAZCATS with kylecollins where we trade insults with each other based on our baseless feeling that we know just how good this football team really is?

It's not that you are stuttering at all. I question your comprehension. I'm not using the free radio hosts as sources. They are both total homers but this is one of the first times they have actually said something counter to that. I found that interesting. This is a message board. Opinions are stated whether you agree with them or not. Don't get the insider thing. Explain. Kyle Collins? There's a blast from the past!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catgrad97 wrote:

That is exactly what happened on Scout Premium and why chief is now gracing us with his presence. Scheer said he was tired of every football thread turning into a pissing match between him and the other posters so chief left.

He took some shots at one of our best posters (ANGCatFan) on the way out and accused him of stealing premium and made a few disparaging remarks about this site as well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

That is exactly what happened on Scout Premium and why chief is now gracing us with his presence. Scheer said he was tired of every football thread turning into a pissing match between him and the other posters so chief left.

He took some shots at one of our best posters (ANGCatFan) on the way out and accused him of stealing premium and made a few disparaging remarks about this site as well.
Good to see you here. Actually, that's not why I left. Angcat is a good dude and disparaging remarks were thrown both ways.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
Let's see who's healthy but I like what I'm hearing. :D

Let me add that I'm not talking about Scooby in any way, shape, or form.

Of course you do. We'll see though.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Does UCLA have questions or do they not? You seem to dodge that question a lot.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:Does UCLA have questions or do they not? You seem to dodge that question a lot.

Not as many as Arizona does....as it stands today....IMO
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Arizona doesn't use TEs anyway. ;-) should be interesting to see if they do against UCLA.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I like the Cats over UCLA for all the reasons DC said, most concerning prep and motivation.

Do I think UCLA has a better roster, yes. Are they well coached, yes. Can we beat them, yes

Plus if DC has some knowledge on changes you can bet it is accurate
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I like the Cats over UCLA for all the reasons DC said, most concerning prep and motivation.

Do I think UCLA has a better roster, yes. Are they well coached, yes. Can we beat them, yes

I know DC pretty well. He is probably talking about someone other than Scooby coming back for the UCLA game who is a fast track star.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Comparison of AZ and UCLA in 2014 P12 Team Rankings:
Scoring Offense AZ #5 UCLA #6
Scoring Defense UCLA #7 AZ #8
Total Offense UCLA #4 AZ #5
Total Defense UCLA #3 AZ #10
Rushing Offense UCLA #2 AZ #5
Rushing Defense UCLA #7 AZ #11
Pass Offense AZ #6 UCLA #9
Pass Defense UCLA #4 AZ #9

Summary
AZ has a better ranking in 2 areas
UCLA has a better ranking in 6 areas

Main differences from last year to this year
1) Scooby's health - I think he is doubtful to play..nullifies any improvement in AZ's D year over year.
2) Rosen - UCLA has a better passing game than last year's team with Hunley. I think our Pass D is slightly better than last year but I still think Rosen can light them up if he is "on."

Assessment
Based on this info and the eye test so far, my mind says take UCLA. Based on home field advantage and faith in AZ coaching, my heart says AZ wins in an upset.

BTW..it is a shame the UCLA game is STILL not a sell-out. It will probably be a sell out next week, but jeez, why is Tucson so freaking laid back? Every UCLA fan I know already has tickets. Damn.

BearDown.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I wish ucla could be well motivated against Arizona :(
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I mean they weren't for the best part of a decade right?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

My god, it just blows my mind the way some of you act everytime Chief come to the board to participate in the football dialog.

The damn football team in year four does have depth issues, and its easy to see. You can be completely football illiterate and come to the correct conclusion that a team in a bigtime conference like the PAC12 thats in year four of a no-turnover solid staff doing the recruiting and the coaches are still trotting out low level walk-ons.

The odds are very high that that is going to caught up with you.

Most of you I suspect could never believe deep down inside that we would be having these issues in year four, but here we are and we do.

It OK to love and defend the school and your team. That's to be expected. But the complete denial of the depth situation and what it means going into conference play show me the many are simply not equiped to deal with reality and admit that maybe RR and the staff may not have done everything perfect like some of you believe.

And jumping down Chiefs throat just because he brings it to your attention only serve's to prove that he's probably more right than wrong and it pisses most folks off.

I love RR and the staff. I feel their the best we've ever had, but they do have some issues to deal with in year four (the win big year) and anyone coherent enough, and sober enough that is willing to put the booze down long enough to watch the game on game day should be able to see it.

If people can't come here and discuss shit like this, then site's like this are meaningless.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

MrBug708 wrote:I wish ucla could be well motivated against Arizona :(
I wish you guys were bringing the black face paint.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I like the Cats over UCLA for all the reasons DC said, most concerning prep and motivation.

I know DC pretty well. He is probably talking about someone other than Scooby coming back for the UCLA game who is a fast track star.
Honestly, I have no idea if TJ will be back or not. I haven't asked.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

UALoco wrote:Comparison of AZ and UCLA in 2014 P12 Team Rankings:
Scoring Offense AZ #5 UCLA #6
Scoring Defense UCLA #7 AZ #8
Total Offense UCLA #4 AZ #5
Total Defense UCLA #3 AZ #10
Rushing Offense UCLA #2 AZ #5
Rushing Defense UCLA #7 AZ #11
Pass Offense AZ #6 UCLA #9
Pass Defense UCLA #4 AZ #9

Summary
AZ has a better ranking in 2 areas
UCLA has a better ranking in 6 areas

Main differences from last year to this year
1) Scooby's health - I think he is doubtful to play..nullifies any improvement in AZ's D year over year.
2) Rosen - UCLA has a better passing game than last year's team with Hunley. I think our Pass D is slightly better than last year but I still think Rosen can light them up if he is "on."

Assessment
Based on this info and the eye test so far, my mind says take UCLA. Based on home field advantage and faith in AZ coaching, my heart says AZ wins in an upset.

BTW..it is a shame the UCLA game is STILL not a sell-out. It will probably be a sell out next week, but jeez, why is Tucson so freaking laid back? Every UCLA fan I know already has tickets. Damn.

BearDown.
Home field is worth 3 points and that's in an imposing stadium that is sold out. All of those differences (which I'd argue UCLA has played a tougher schedule over that) count for more than that. Arizona's defense is improved, but UCLA returns more starters than every other team in the PAC-12 and collectively as a team, they have more starts in a career than anyone in the nation. That's a lot of experience that negates road wins. Speaking of which, UCLA has won 10 straight road games, which is a school record.

I think Arizona can win, their offense can light up anyone anytime, but let's be real, if the situations were different, nobody would give UCLA a chance. Which gives me a lot of faith in the win for the good guys. A hangover after the big game vs BYU would be a concern since UCLA tends to struggle after big games.

49 - Sig bet?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dc4azcats wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:I wish ucla could be well motivated against Arizona :(
I wish you guys were bringing the black face paint.
They usually do. I've seen players wear it for different games for much of the past two years
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:My god, it just blows my mind the way some of you act everytime Chief come to the board to participate in the football dialog.

The damn football team in year four does have depth issues, and its easy to see. You can be completely football illiterate and come to the correct conclusion that a team in a bigtime conference like the PAC12 thats in year four of a no-turnover solid staff doing the recruiting and the coaches are still trotting out low level walk-ons.

The odds are very high that that is going to caught up with you.

Most of you I suspect could never believe deep down inside that we would be having these issues in year four, but here we are and we do.

It OK to love and defend the school and your team. That's to be expected. But the complete denial of the depth situation and what it means going into conference play show me the many are simply not equiped to deal with reality and admit that maybe RR and the staff may not have done everything perfect like some of you believe.

And jumping down Chiefs throat just because he brings it to your attention only serve's to prove that he's probably more right than wrong and it pisses most folks off.

I love RR and the staff. I feel their the best we've ever had, but they do have some issues to deal with in year four (the win big year) and anyone coherent enough, and sober enough that is willing to put the booze down long enough to watch the game on game day should be able to see it.

If people can't come here and discuss shit like this, then site's like this are meaningless.
It cuts both ways. Just because Chief says it, doesn't make it true. Or are you saying that whatever Chief says we should take as the gospel and just move on?
Machina

Post by Machina »

Who said there are not depth issues? The issues is more the attitude of the poster and not the contents if the posts. And the refusal to address the counterpoints given.

I have not seen one post that says there are no depth issues. Please let me know if you see one.