What is the future for Anu?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

What is the future for Anu?

Post by Irish27 »

I have been a big supporter for Anu but RichRod's offense is a lot more explosive and dangerous when he has a qb that can pass and run. When Anu is on the field, if he is not on with his passing game, the offense struggles due to his lack of running. I believe the qb job will be open come this spring and would not be shocked if we see Dawkins or Modster starting next year.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ASUHATER!

Re: What is the future for Anu?

Post by ASUHATER! »

Probably benched the rest of the year. Transfer in the off season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:Probably benched the rest of the year. Transfer in the off season.
At least you are consistent.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Anu already used his redshirt, so doubt he will transfer and have to sit out another year. Grad transfer perhaps if Modster/Dawkins are the main guy after next season.

I would like to see more of Dawkins this year in blowout games to see if he is the QB next year. RR doesn't play too many true freshman at QB, so doubt Modster will start.

I think RR will platoon the 2 QBs the rest of the season. He stated before the WSU game that both would play.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I looks to me that he hasn't fully gotten over the concussion. After recovering physically some guys take a bit longer to get over them mentally.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

If we are banking on a true freshman starting next year on probably the most talented squad we will have in awhile we're in trouble. Anu should be back next year and I don't know why he wouldn't be.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azgreg wrote:I looks to me that he hasn't fully gotten over the concussion. After recovering physically some guys take a bit longer to get over them mentally.
That was my take vs. CU (esp. after the fumbled snap & Malachi crunch) but I thought he looked fine vs. WSU, ran well in a couple of spots where he hasn't recently and where it was needed. The only bad play I recall was that he botched the snap where he was jumping to catch it (out of habit) when he didn't need to and it boinked off his facemask, and perhaps one other where he should have just run it for 5 yds but instead he tried to lateral it to the WR.

Unless Dawkins takes a huge leap forward (which, reading tea leaves, seems somewhat unlikely) then Anu absolutely should be our starter next year, and we should be playing the rest of the season with that in mind.
illcat

Post by illcat »

azgreg wrote:I looks to me that he hasn't fully gotten over the concussion. After recovering physically some guys take a bit longer to get over them mentally.

+1
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:Probably benched the rest of the year. Transfer in the off season.

This will be my last response to you as you are either trolling us or you are without a doubt the most negative and least informed person on this board.

Anu is not right mentality due to the concussion and transfering won't help that. Additionally he is still going to get snaps this year.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:

This will be my last response to you as you are either trolling us or you are without a doubt the most negative and least informed person on this board.

Anu is not right mentality due to the concussion and transfering won't help that. Additionally he is still going to get snaps this year.
Okie dokie.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I like ANU, he is a good college QB. Just not a right fit for Rich Rod's system. Its my fear with Modster as well though I think he runs more then ANU did in high school.

To me, you need a guy like Khalil Tate who has no business being a Pac-12 QB if you talk to people in the know, but is a supreme athlete and I bet Rich Rod can turn him into a very dangerous one in our system. He turned BJ Denker into a serviceable QB for us. But again in our system you need a QB who can run. And Anu is just not a good enough athlete to run
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

His future: he platoons with Randall the rest of this year and he starts next year.

I still don't think he's quite right after the concussion. He said he didn't remember anything about the night of the UCLA game. When something like that happens you don't just shake it off and go on like nothing happened.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

There's one stark difference between Anu last season and this season and that's the fact that he does not run any more. Now I have no idea if it's been dictated by the coaching staff or if Anu is afraid to run, but while he's obviously no Randall, this offense was very functional last year with him at the helm when he was a threat to actually run with the fricken ball. His options are limited now and his opponents do not have to keep him honest any more. He's easy to gameplan against and he's not good enough of a passer at this point to overcome that.

I have no idea what his future is, but either he becomes a much better passer next year or he needs to start running again, otherwise (if Rich Rod doesn't bolt) there's two freshmen QBs who can run and will probably be able to pass just enough to beat him out for the job next year if not by week 1 then later in the season.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

ChooChooCat wrote:There's one stark difference between Anu last season and this season and that's the fact that he does not run any more. Now I have no idea if it's been dictated by the coaching staff or if Anu is afraid to run, but while he's obviously no Randall, this offense was very functional last year with him at the helm when he was a threat to actually run with the fricken ball. His options are limited now and his opponents do not have to keep him honest any more. He's easy to gameplan against and he's not good enough of a passer at this point to overcome that.

I have no idea what his future is, but either he becomes a much better passer next year or he needs to start running again, otherwise (if Rich Rod doesn't bolt) there's two freshmen QBs who can run and will probably be able to pass just enough to beat him out for the job next year if not by week 1 then later in the season.
While I think Modster and Tate are legit, I very very very highly doubt RichRod starts a true freshman.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Newportcat wrote:I like ANU, he is a good college QB. Just not a right fit for Rich Rod's system. Its my fear with Modster as well though I think he runs more then ANU did in high school.

To me, you need a guy like Khalil Tate who has no business being a Pac-12 QB if you talk to people in the know, but is a supreme athlete and I bet Rich Rod can turn him into a very dangerous one in our system. He turned BJ Denker into a serviceable QB for us. But again in our system you need a QB who can run. And Anu is just not a good enough athlete to run
I have not seen Tate play, but if I am reading your post correctly, I completely disagree. Starting a RB who can pass at the QB position is an awful idea; we need a legit QB who can run.

Dennard Robinson is not the solution to our problems.
cordera89

Anu will not start next year.

Post by cordera89 »

I read an article saying Anu will not start at QB for Arizona Next year. Do we really want to worry about this nonsense or should give anu a pass this season. http://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2 ... rd-randall" target="_blank
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Stop being silly. Anu will start. Devon and Khalil will need to learn the offense. They will get some time when Anu is inured and one of them may win the job later in the year. What happens to Brandon Dawkins? Will he challenge Anu or the Freshman?
jimson

Post by jimson »

If Randall was returning, I could see him as the starter next year, his passing has improved and he does have a gun along with wheels, and is likely the best option for the rest of this year. I think Solomon will still be the best option for next year.