Worst loss of the RichRod era

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azpenguin

Worst loss of the RichRod era

Post by azpenguin »

No other way to put this. They've lost other games by bigger margins, but this is a team that they had absolutely no business being blown out by. None whatsoever. The o-line was terrible. No run game. The receivers were lost. The defense couldn't hold forever and after keeping the game within striking distance they just collapsed. Bad turnovers. There's not much in the way of bright spots at all. I don't think much that's printable is going to be said in the team meeting tomorrow.
Salty

Re: Worst loss of the RichRod era

Post by Salty »

Gonna need a lot of soul searching at the end of this season.

No bye week, injuries, 2012 recruiting class, attendance, etc... I'm tired of these excuses.

Just find a way to win. This program has plenty of the tools necessary to win.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I think RR has lost way more then just losing, He lost to Oregon 49-0, UCLA 66-10, ASU 58-21, UW 49-3. It nothing new.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

azpenguin wrote:No other way to put this. They've lost other games by bigger margins, but this is a team that they had absolutely no business being blown out by. None whatsoever. The o-line was terrible. No run game. The receivers were lost. The defense couldn't hold forever and after keeping the game within striking distance they just collapsed. Bad turnovers. There's not much in the way of bright spots at all. I don't think much that's printable is going to be said in the team meeting tomorrow.
But for this coming week I can expect you and others to lecture me on my illogical thinking when I write something you don't agree with. Right!

I mean I can expect a full on brain-tard rebuttal in telling me I'm actually not seeing what I have actually saw on the field and the results...........Right?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Meh they had one last shot at a bowl game last week. Can't believe anyone is surprised. Won't win till Hawaii game. Maybe.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So, how's everyone doing this morning?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Great, refreshed.

Fell asleep on the couch midway in the second, work up to date and check the box score.

Don't feel bad about falling asleep one bit.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Great, refreshed.

Fell asleep on the couch midway in the second, work up to date and check the box score.

Haha, same for me. Fell asleep when it was 21-3. Woke up to 42-3 and shut that shit off and went to bed. Feel better for not having witnessed that bullshit.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The only downside to this am is I have misplaced my wedding ring somewhere in the apartment.

It's a race between me and my 15mo to find it first, if she gets the "gold" (her name for my ring) it might as well be gone forever.

Damn you Cabernet.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:So, how's everyone doing this morning?
We had an awesome halloween. Glanced at the score on the way to bed... slept fine... slept in
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Alieberman wrote:
We had an awesome halloween. Glanced at the score on the way to bed... slept fine... slept in
He'll yeah, being a native arizona I have come to love daylight savings time in the fall.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Great, refreshed.

Haha, same for me. Fell asleep when it was 21-3. Woke up to 42-3 and shut that shit off and went to bed. Feel better for not having witnessed that bullshit.

I watch the entire game then fell asleep. It suck that we lost a winnable game and now their is no chance of us winning a 6 game to bowl eligible.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

When does basketball season start?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

12 days
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Exhibition next week 8-)

Secret scrimmage today supposedly
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote: I watch the entire game then fell asleep. It suck that we lost a winnable game and now their is no chance of us winning a 6 game to bowl eligible.
I wouldn't say no chance, the ASU game is always a toss-up.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Merkin wrote:
cordera89 wrote: I watch the entire game then fell asleep. It suck that we lost a winnable game and now their is no chance of us winning a 6 game to bowl eligible.
I would. This year, no chance.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
I don't care about being bowl eligible just for the sake of going to some crap bowl to play another crap team on December 12th.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:
Someone said that exact same thing to me on the game thread.
Dude I hate be that person if i really don't want to believe that game is winnable
No game is guarantee for us now. We blew that chance against WSU to becoming bowl eligible.
Then last night squander any chance of winning another game again. 49 unanswered point by UW offense that isn't very good. and our defense just once again doesn't show up. At the bottom how are we going to win against these Next three opponent.
Dude the season is lost. USC, Utah and ASU, have Good offense with Good Quality Defense.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

BearDown89 wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
I don't care about being bowl eligible just for the sake of going to some crap bowl to play another crap team on December 12th.
Which of the three team that going to give us our 6 six win. If you said ASU because their having down year. It not happing, squander one game to get 6 win and that was WSU.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Thanks for saving me the time oh wise one. Pathetic how awful our fans are. When is basketball season? No chance to win. You all are pathetic and deserve the effort and result from yesterday.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

Alieberman wrote:

Best Halloween I can remember, left the phone at home and had one Hell of a night at a great neighborhood Halloween block party! Got home very late, put the kids to bed.. poured another cocktail and turned on the recorded game. Wife checks the final score on her phone and says, turn it off & come to bed, you will have more fun in here..... :shock:

I'm a big fan of cat woman costumes!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Thanks for saving me the time oh wise one. Pathetic how awful our fans are. When is basketball season? No chance to win. You all are pathetic and deserve the effort and result from yesterday.
Whatever, if RR is pissed about coaching at a basketball school, there is one way to fix that, but he appears to be missing the boat...
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

BearDown89 wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
You should care about being bowl eligible for the extra practices the team is allowed. Youth on the roster could always use more practice reps.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Once again the Scummie is the only one with a reasonable thought.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So the program can lose money shipping the gear and team to god knows where to get bested by directional school?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:So the program can lose money shipping the gear and team to god knows where to get bested by directional school?
Absolutely. Can't buy extra practice time.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I was at the game with some friends that are UW alumni. Honestly, it was chilly, but hardly rained. I wasn't really upset that we got stomped, I was just disappointed we seemed to have given up and mailed it in for the season
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PHXCATS wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Their really nothing to say about how this team that got collective ass handled too by the worst offense in pac 12. Can you actually explain that.
You should see how many people that are just displease right now. It a laughing stock now. Something has to give on defense. It either Casteel or 3-3-5.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Which of the three team that going to give us our 6 six win. If you said ASU because their having down year. It not happing, squander one game to get 6 win and that was WSU.
Scooby and Wilson should be full speed for ASU.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Found my wedding ring. Wife took it and placed it in her jewlery box when I took it off after falling asleep on coach and leaving it in coffee table.

Great morning!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:So the program can lose money shipping the gear and team to god knows where to get bested by directional school?
Absolutely. Can't buy extra practice time.
No question it has paid off this season...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Whatever bowl game the UA goes to will lose money, but the PAC will pick up the tab. All bowl profits and losses are split, so it's best for the PAC if the winners can get into a higher paying bowl.

UA can't decline any bowls that have contractual tie-ins to the PAC.

Fortunately the PAC contract with the New Mexico bowl expired, but still have the Las Vegas bowl and Sun Bowl in El Paso. Don't think the Cats will get it, but the Foster Farms Bowl in Levi's stadium might be interesting, just to see the stadium instead of the awful ones in LV and El Paso.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I hate when people complain about going to bowls. They are always a plus to the program. Go tell a new Mexico state fan bowls are stupid(they haven't been to one since Kennedy was president)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
jimson

Post by jimson »

PHXCATS wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Oh shut up. your schtick is getting old. "The fans suck, they should be excited to spend a bunch of money to see this team get creamed by Alabama vs the Citadel type scores."

Are you Casteel's son or something?

I still have my season tickets, but I''ll be damned if I'll pretend that a turd is a bar of gold.

I don't think this team is good enough to beat any of the teams left on their schedule. Let them prove me wrong.

You have to do more than just be Arizona to earn undying loyalty. Scores like this don't earn it.

49-0
66-10.
58-21
51-13
56-30
55-17
49-3
Last edited by jimson on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

we can beat asu. but outside of that we aren't beating usc or utah.

just like old times, the territorial cup winner may be the one team in a bowl. asu is 4-4 with games @wsu and @cal, which are both very lose-able for them, still to go.

cats101

Post by cats101 »

chiefzona wrote:When does basketball season start?
Well it never really ends lol
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

No kidding, jimson. I don't know if this is the same PHXCATS from GOAZCATS, but if it is, he's become very embittered since the experience. Thinks I'm some kind of whiner and seems to look down on most other posters here for some perceived lack of loyalty to the Wildcats.

I've been driving to games in Tucson 300 miles a night for 30 years. Been a football season-ticket holder for three of them. Wish I still could be for basketball, despite moving further north.

And for football, despite its futility. And I and other fans like me are getting what they deserve for RichRod using Arizona to leave for greener pastures in the first sign of adversity?

What a crock of shit. Any other D-1 program's fanbase would've demanded better results and probably would've never let the futility extend to this point.

RR will go, take whatever staff and buyout he pleases and get off easy doing so.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

jimson wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
jimson wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Oh shut up. your schtick is getting old. "The fans suck, they should be excited to spend a bunch of money to see this team get creamed by Alabama vs the Citadel type scores."

Are you Casteel's son or something?

I still have my season tickets, but I''ll be damned if I'll pretend that a turd is a bar of gold.

I don't think this team is good enough to beat any of the teams left on their schedule. Let them prove me wrong.

You have to do more than just be Arizona to earn undying loyalty. Scores like this don't earn it.

49-0
66-10.
58-21
51-13
56-30
55-17
49-3
No you don't. It is being a good fan and proud alumni and supporter. And you said they have no chance so I am thanking you for saving me the11 hours of my life. Thanks again. Truly appreciate it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Heard an interesting potential name if RR leaves but I can see fan support being an issue. One other big potential issue but would not be due to lack of desire to come.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:Heard an interesting potential name if RR leaves but I can see fan support being an issue. One other big potential issue but would not be due to lack of desire to come.
Hmm, this post needs to be a touch more vague.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hmmm, a big name coach who make not want to come to Arizona?

Urban Meyer?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:Heard an interesting potential name if RR leaves but I can see fan support being an issue. One other big potential issue but would not be due to lack of desire to come.

Now don't pull that...

Who is it?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Hmmm, a big name coach who make not want to come to Arizona?

Urban Meyer?
Not a coach nearly at that level but would do well here if he came I truly believe. An established coach.

Meyer would not have a desire to come here but I could see this guy wanting to be here.

Also have to go after the hot names like the Houston and Temple coaches.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:

Now don't pull that...

Who is it?
Let's just say they are coaching currently in the best conference in America
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Must be Mullen
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

I find it hard to believe rich rod is going to walk away from his stocks but if he does, Matt wells or bust.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAEebs86 wrote:Must be Mullen
That would be awesome!

But low information arizona football fan would grumble. Any direct info phx or just speculation over the. GB connection?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Meh

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:
That would be awesome!

But low information arizona football fan would grumble. Any direct info phx or just speculation over the. GB connection?
i was talking about Les Miles......kidding.

Mostly GB but it makes sense in other ways as well. And spot on with the uninformed. See above.