Re: Game #12 @ ASU Sundevils Discussion Thread

Post by Merkin »

Nice did at Toad.

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Is it, though? That secondary was much, much better without him and almost every time he's on the field he is being exploited for big plays. He's another one of those guys with huge heart but not enough talent.
... sounds like an OKG.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:

Ok now I really wanna see AZ in red for this one.
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Just heard Jeff van Raaphorst say in an interview that he's more concerned with bigger goals, so while it hurts that he never beat Arizona, he did win a Rose Bowl. What he said next was hilarious though... he said Arizona is the one most concerned with beating asu at the expense of a good season, while asu is always worried about the big picture more so than just beating Arizona.

Umm, has he ever listened to Todd Graham or Frank Kush talk, or set foot anywhere near the football facility in Tempe, or listened to Bercovici after THEY LOST to Arizona last year? Graham's the type who will say, "If we go 1-11, as long as that one is against Arizona we had a good year." Rich Rod doesn't spew that BS and admits he'd rather win more games than just beat asu, and that's at the risk of a backlash from Wildcats fans who say he doesn't put enough emphasis on the rivalry game.

So for van Raaphorst to say that is comical. He's just like the typical asu fan who will take every opportunity to belittle Arizona football, then pound their chest when they beat us. Morons!

BEAR DOWN!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

ASU Math ;)
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Would go along with their "1-0" math too.
"All that matters is that you are 1-0," Graham said. "Games like that are catastrophic if they go the other way. But when you win them, they make you better."

The win moved ASU to 1-1 on the year, but it also continued to raise serious questions about a team that entered the year ranked No. 15 in the polls and was bandied about as darkhorse playoff contenders.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/30018364/ ... r-cal-poly" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Sports Guys with LaMonte Hunley.

"Hate's a good word. Hate's a very good word."

Make a play!
Brooks Reed

Jordon Grandon

Samajie Grant

Anthony Lopez

Take a Stand!

Become a Legend!

Beat ASU!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Questionable an upgrade?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think we want ASU to at least have to gameplan for him.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Wilson isnt listed. Feel better about JR and Wilson then Baker.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I don't know if it's gamesmanship - my guess is they don't really know if he's going to play yet or not.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:I think we want ASU to at least have to gameplan for him.

ASU's game plan is to hit him hard around the head, especially on late slides since spearing is apparently allowed on those.

Then when Randall comes in make him beat you with his arm by putting 8 in the box.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:I think we want ASU to at least have to gameplan for him.

ASU's game plan is to hit him hard around the head, especially on late slides since spearing is apparently allowed on those.

Then when Randall comes in make him beat you with his arm by putting 8 in the box.

Thinking it's going to be Randall all the way. We've been loading up the box all week in preparation for this likely scenario. Bring it!

BTFD
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

My heart wants us to win so badly as I F*cking hate ASU. Hate everything about them. Hate their campus, their fans, their coaches, everything. It is the most worthless university of all time, its not even really a college, just a commuter school in a concrete jungle.

My gut tells me we lose and actually probably lose badly.

My gut also tells me we lose, ASU is super fired up saying they are still national championship contenders then they go up to CAL and lose
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

FUCK ASSu!!!!!!!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

azgreg wrote:FUCK ASSu!!!!!!!
Yeah, what he said- FUCK ASSu!!!!!
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Newportcat wrote:My heart wants us to win so badly as I F*cking hate ASU. Hate everything about them. Hate their campus, their fans, their coaches, everything. It is the most worthless university of all time, its not even really a college, just a commuter school in a concrete jungle.

My gut tells me we lose and actually probably lose badly.

My gut also tells me we lose, ASU is super fired up saying they are still national championship contenders then they go up to CAL and lose
FWIW, ASU fans are concerned about this game. They see a UA squad that has gotten hot at the right time, and ASU has basically played one good half of football in the last month. As is the norm for the T-cup, this game is a real toss-up.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
azgreg wrote:FUCK ASSu!!!!!!!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

I have to live amongst the asuholes and this game matters to me a LOT. My perception of this season rides on what happens tomorrow... Fair or not, a win tomorrow and I will view this as a solid season in the face of many obstacles with a great close. Lose... and it is 3 of the last 4 to an under-achieving devil squad, a 3-6 conference record, and even more in-state momentum for ASU in future recruiting (which they do not need at the moment).

No moral victories and no excuses - we need to find a way to GET THIS DONE.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Not sure if anyone saw this or not... I would think it was pretty funny if I was a disinterested party.

Students (people, actually) are gullible everywhere... But the aspiring journalist at the Daily Wildcat who wrote the story covering it needs to find a new career path. A simple Google search of Proposition 200 would have avoided a pretty big embarrassment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pQgZbR7rKZE" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Harvey Specter wrote:Not sure if anyone saw this or not... I would think it was pretty funny if I was a disinterested party.

Students (people, actually) are gullible everywhere... But the aspiring journalist at the Daily Wildcat who wrote the story covering it needs to find a new career path. A simple Google search of Proposition 200 would have avoided a pretty big embarrassment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pQgZbR7rKZE" target="_blank

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... =11&t=3131
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What's the difference between a ASSu cheerleader and a bowling ball?

You can only get 3 fingers in a bowling ball.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Q: How many ASU football players does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Only one, but he gets 3 credit hours.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My favorite ASSu joke was during the streak.

How do you keep an ASSu football from masturbating?

Paint his dick red and blue and he won't beat it for 10 years.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

If Anu is not able to go (and I highly doubt he plays) I would love to see RRod ADAPT to his absence and go to a power running game.

Specifically, we should "Stanford" our game plan and pick the two best 2nd team OL's we have and convert them to tight ends. Play a 7 man offensive line and put in the biggest FB we have to block for Wilson/Baker/Randall. Split Cayleb Jones to the wide side of the field and throw an occassional slant pattern in his direction. If we line up in our standard 3/4 receiver sets with a small HB we are simply going to get killed. asu has one of the best defenses against the run in the conference and will simply put 7 or 8 guys in the box every time and stuff our run game all day. We might as well admit that fact and put as many big boys up front as possible to block.

Bearing down on thinking outside the box.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dmjcat wrote:If Anu is not able to go (and I highly doubt he plays) I would love to see RRod ADAPT to his absence and go to a power running game.

Specifically, we should "Stanford" our game plan and pick the two best 2nd team OL's we have and convert them to tight ends. Play a 7 man offensive line and put in the biggest FB we have to block for Wilson/Baker/Randall. Split Cayleb Jones to the wide side of the field and throw an occassional slant pattern in his direction. If we line up in our standard 3/4 receiver sets with a small HB we are simply going to get killed. asu has one of the best defenses against the run in the conference and will simply put 7 or 8 guys in the box every time and stuff our run game all day. We might as well admit that fact and put as many big boys up front as

You know DMJ , I don't agree with you much but I actually like your idea. I doubt RR goes away from what he knows but hopefully they at least run that option like they did with Anu last week.

We need to out man them and out number them in the box so I agree with you. Gulp!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:If Anu is not able to go (and I highly doubt he plays) I would love to see RRod ADAPT to his absence and go to a power running game.

Specifically, we should "Stanford" our game plan and pick the two best 2nd team OL's we have and convert them to tight ends. Play a 7 man offensive line and put in the biggest FB we have to block for Wilson/Baker/Randall. Split Cayleb Jones to the wide side of the field and throw an occassional slant pattern in his direction. If we line up in our standard 3/4 receiver sets with a small HB we are simply going to get killed. asu has one of the best defenses against the run in the conference and will simply put 7 or 8 guys in the box every time and stuff our run game all day. We might as well admit that fact and put as many big boys up front as

You know DMJ , I don't agree with you much but I actually like your idea. I doubt RR goes away from what he knows but hopefully they at least run that option like they did with Anu last week.

We need to out man them and out number them in the box so I agree with you. Gulp!
You want to run a power running formation against the best run defense in the PAC? First, the idea itself is unrealistic as UA's offense has no experience with the power run scheme. New schemes are not something you can install in a week. Second, WSU gave the perfect blue print to beating ASU. Air it out. The secondary is beat up, worst in the PAC. Even if Randall is not a great passer, spread out the ASU defense and throw slants.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You obviously have not seen Randell throw LOL. I am sure we will try that as ASSU'S weakness on defense is obvious but man Randell can't hit water from a boat
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah if Solomon doesn't play then it will be hard for us to take advantage of Asu's weak secondary
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I think that if Randall can complete a couple early it's game on.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Since teams figured out that Randall is a runner more than passer it's getting a little harder to get yards with his feet.

The recent QB ratings are pretty brutal.

TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Feels like a holiday.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Merkin wrote:Nice did at Toad.

Rodriguez will mix up calls to hinder signal stealing

call me paranoid, but a better tactic might've been to not tell the press about switching up signals and let asu figure it out for themselves. i'm also a bit wary that the new signals will result in more snaps botched and/or bouncing unexpectedly off of randall's helmet. hope our guys are ready!
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Injuries suck...

I do have faith in Randall for this game.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

You want to run a power running formation against the best run defense in the PAC? First, the idea itself is unrealistic as UA's offense has no experience with the power run scheme. New schemes are not something you can install in a week. Second, WSU gave the perfect blue print to beating ASU. Air it out. The secondary is beat up, worst in the PAC. Even if Randall is not a great passer, spread out the ASU defense and throw slants.
Last I checked Assu was 5-5 not 10-0. How's that best run defense worked out for you so far? Nobody runs on you clowns because throwing against you is so easy. It's not like you have some stout D and people are forced to pass against you - they pass it because they can. Not to mention that the heart and soul and leading tackler for Assu is out. The key is Wilson being healthy because even though you know it's coming you don't know who is getting it.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dirtbags wrote:
Merkin wrote:Nice did at Toad.

Rodriguez will mix up calls to hinder signal stealing

call me paranoid, but a better tactic might've been to not tell the press about switching up signals and let asu figure it out for themselves. i'm also a bit wary that the new signals will result in more snaps botched and/or bouncing unexpectedly off of randall's helmet. hope our guys are ready!
All it takes is changing the indicator in most cases which isn't that difficult to do. First sign or now the second sign is the indicator or vice versa and then change it again at the half. Really not that difficult to do.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Money coming in on the cats - line down to 6.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I hate that Anu won't be able to play but I'm glad they're making the right decision. He gives the Cats the best chance to beat ASU. However, winning a game isn't worth jeopardizing his future, both in football and in life.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Merkin wrote:Since teams figured out that Randall is a runner more than passer it's getting a little harder to get yards with his feet.

The recent QB ratings are pretty brutal.

I don't think teams had to figure out anything in regards to Randall and his ability to throw the ball or lack thereof. That was evident in the Ucla game and the Stanford game.

When it was Randall and Wilson back there they ran all over Ucla. Since then Wilson hasn't been healthy when Randall has been back there. Not sure how healthy Wilson is but if he can be effective then it's definitely game on.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Last I checked Assu was 5-5 not 10-0. How's that best run defense worked out for you so far? Nobody runs on you clowns because throwing against you is so easy. It's not like you have some stout D and people are forced to pass against you - they pass it because they can. Not to mention that the heart and soul and leading tackler for Assu is out. The key is Wilson being healthy because even though you know it's coming you don't know who is getting it.
How's that run defense worked out for you so far??? I'm not sure.....I'm a Wildcat fan in case you are stupid to figure that out :lol:

Then again, you are so clueless I'm not surprised. The next time you are right about ANYTHING will be a first this year.

Among your more brilliant predictions/observations for the year:

Fotu will be a "beast"

Tagaloa will be a one-n-done "Monster"

We have a "Fast" secondary

We'll go 10-2 and win the PAC12 south again

And my personal favorite.........We will beat Stanford on the road because "We played them close there 3 years ago" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, get back on your Alzheimers meds or go hit the Wild Turkey and stop polluting the board.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I picked Arizona to win 24-21 on Wednesday when I knew Anu wasn't starting. Nick is 100%. Good match ups for Arizona and like this game always does year in and year out.....things never turn out the way you might think. Should be fun though.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

How's that run defense worked out for you so far??? I'm not sure.....I'm a Wildcat fan in case you are stupid to figure that out :lol:

Then again, you are so clueless I'm not surprised. The next time you are right about ANYTHING will be a first this year.

Fotu will be a "beast"

And my personal favorite.........We will beat Stanford on the road because "We played them close there 3 years ago" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, get back on your Alzheimers meds or go hit the Wild Turkey and stop polluting the board.
Any time you want to get together you let me know?

Nothing worse than the pathetic fan that you are. I see you couldn't find the quotes that said we would lose all of our starting linebackers and the back ups? You also couldn't find the quotes where Anu and Wilson would miss 3 games apiece? You're such a loser and your post shows it. Really nice effort. I'm sure you're really proud of yourself.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

We need to out man them and out number them in the box so I agree with you. Gulp![/quote]

You want to run a power running formation against the best run defense in the PAC? First, the idea itself is unrealistic as UA's offense has no experience with the power run scheme. New schemes are not something you can install in a week. Second, WSU gave the perfect blue print to beating ASU. Air it out. The secondary is beat up, worst in the PAC. Even if Randall is not a great passer, spread out the ASU defense and throw slants.[/quote]

Last I checked Assu was 5-5 not 10-0. How's that best run defense worked out for you so far? Nobody runs on you clowns because throwing against you is so easy. It's not like you have some stout D and people are forced to pass against you - they pass it because they can. Not to mention that the heart and soul and leading tackler for Assu is out. The key is Wilson being healthy because even though you know it's coming you don't know who is getting it.[/quote]

Fotu will be a "beast"

Seriously, get back on your Alzheimers meds or go hit the Wild Turkey and stop polluting the board.[/quote]

Nothing worse than the pathetic fan that you are. I see you couldn't find the quotes that said we would lose all of our starting linebackers and the back ups? You also couldn't find the quotes where Anu and Wilson would miss 3 games apiece? You're such a loser and your post shows it. Really nice effort. I'm sure you're really proud of yourself.[/quote]

No thanks I don't associate with idiots.

The worst type of fan is the moronic imbecile who continuously picks the home team to go 10-2, 12-0 every year irregardless of reality and then attacks every other fan who dares to differ...............In other words, YOU!! In your own words why don't you STFU and go away.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Arizona football is so predictable

Can't believe anyone thought we would win as per our history it set up as the typical loss.

Rich rod is now 2-10 against ASU, USC, and UCLA. Yet we would all probably be highly disappointed if he left

I guess just shows you the type of program we have

Also DC you are an idiot when it comes to Arizona football. The simple fact you have a positive attitude when it comes to Arizona football proves it.

Typical Arizona Football
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Scummy Dick Douglas

RR all class after the game. Was one of the last Wildcats off the field. Embraced Graham, then went out of his way to find Simone and hugged him as well. Then went looking for and found Norvell and Randolph. These coaches are usually quick to shake hands and get off the field. Not this time for some reason.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:You know DMJ , I don't agree with you much but I actually like your idea. I doubt RR goes away from what he knows but hopefully they at least run that option like they did with Anu last week.

You want to run a power running formation against the best run defense in the PAC? First, the idea itself is unrealistic as UA's offense has no experience with the power run scheme. New schemes are not something you can install in a week. Second, WSU gave the perfect blue print to beating ASU. Air it out. The secondary is beat up, worst in the PAC. Even if Randall is not a great passer, spread out the ASU defense and throw slants.[/quote]

Last I checked Assu was 5-5 not 10-0. How's that best run defense worked out for you so far? Nobody runs on you clowns because throwing against you is so easy. It's not like you have some stout D and people are forced to pass against you - they pass it because they can. Not to mention that the heart and soul and leading tackler for Assu is out. The key is Wilson being healthy because even though you know it's coming you don't know who is getting it.[/quote]

Fotu will be a "beast"

Seriously, get back on your Alzheimers meds or go hit the Wild Turkey and stop polluting the board.[/quote]

Nothing worse than the pathetic fan that you are. I see you couldn't find the quotes that said we would lose all of our starting linebackers and the back ups? You also couldn't find the quotes where Anu and Wilson would miss 3 games apiece? You're such a loser and your post shows it. Really nice effort. I'm sure you're really proud of yourself.[/quote]

No thanks I don't associate with idiots.

The worst type of fan is the moronic imbecile who continuously picks the home team to go 10-2, 12-0 every year irregardless of reality and then attacks every other fan who dares to differ...............In other words, YOU!! In your own words why don't you STFU and go away.
[/quote]

Go look up the word "irregardless" then get back to me on who's the "moronic imbecile".