1-3

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cats101

1-3

Post by cats101 »

Not many more stats matter more than that.
scumdevils86

Re: 1-3

Post by scumdevils86 »

2-10 if you include LA
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hillbilly carpetbagger.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

It four year in between RR and Graham. Graham had the upper hand against RR. Their really nothing to say on the matter. Let see how the next 4 year will be.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And Graham is locking down in state recruiting
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

cats101 wrote:Not many more stats matter more than that.
Except the victory was in the most important game in the Rivalry's history going back 4 decades. You really expected us to win this game without almost all of our LB's and Solomon at ASU? Okay.

Go Cats!!
Salty

Post by Salty »

If it's 1-4, he can pack his bags and leave.

6-5 season, all that matters is beating asu.

Coaching failures across the board here. This team was better than asu.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

cordera89 wrote:It four year in between RR and Graham. Graham had the upper hand against RR. Their really nothing to say on the matter. Let see how the next 4 year will be.
Have you seen the recent recruiting?
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

RR gets a free pass from me on this one. Just way too many injuries to important players this year.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Salty wrote:If it's 1-4, he can pack his bags and leave.

6-5 season, all that matters is beating asu.

Coaching failures across the board here. This team was better than asu.
I agree for the most part. Not really the last sentence only because of injuries. However...

If you're going to have a mediocre season at least beat those clowns in tempe.

Waiting for Merkin to include his LA stats (which yes, matter, in terms of recruiting) and Michigan State and Ohio State etc
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Right on cue...
0-4 v. UCLA is almost there. RR has always sucked against rivals. 0-3 v. tOSU, and 0-3 v. MSU while at UM.

So 1-9 in rival games.
Macho Grande wrote:RR gets a free pass from me on this one. Just way too many injuries to important players this year.
That is true, but last year the defense was still 110th with healthy players, among them one of the best in the business.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:And Graham is locking down in state recruiting
If we won this game it wouldn't have changed that. We obviously need to keep kicking that door down but we need to get hitting SoCal hard.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Macho Grande wrote:RR gets a free pass from me on this one. Just way too many injuries to important players this year.
This team is just so freakin' beaten up. Then they lose yet another guy (Grant) early. Bruno left the sideline on crutches. Third string QB damn near sparked a comeback. Got no help from the line - lot of untouched rushers. But hey, at least now they have a bye week.

I'm with you - I really hate this loss and I'll never be happy with a loss to ASU, but those guys battled their a**es off. Remember a few weeks ago people were saying the team had quit. They were down 21 at half and nothing was going their way and they sucked it up and kept playing. Still got one more game left and I'm expecting an angry team to go out there at nearly full strength.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

cats101 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:It four year in between RR and Graham. Graham had the upper hand against RR. Their really nothing to say on the matter. Let see how the next 4 year will be.
Have you seen the recent recruiting?
I seen our recent recruiting classes this season.

And regardless of how many of us want to think that we win this game it boost our chances to steal quality recruit. What happen last year when we won TCUP and we didn't bring in a top classes or a quality prospects.

The only difference between UA and ASU is that not one top in state recruit would consider of coming to Arizona but some would go ASU. If it matter of the TCUP game every year that a top in state recruit would go to the winning school. It much like Michigan and Ohio State who ever wins secure the top Ohio Recruit.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:Right on cue...
0-4 v. UCLA is almost there. RR has always sucked against rivals. 0-3 v. tOSU, and 0-3 v. MSU while at UM.

So 1-9 in rival games.
That is true, but last year the defense was still 110th with healthy players, among them one of the best in the business.
Yeah and that worked for us last year what's your point? Of course we want a better defense if they can just be around 60 in the nation big things will happen for us
cats101

Post by cats101 »

3goggles wrote:
If we won this game it wouldn't have changed that. We obviously need to keep kicking that door down but we need to get hitting SoCal hard.
Hard to do that when you can't beat the LA schools.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Yeah but we are recruiting well there and if those kids can contribute and have bounce back season it's not completely out of the picture to get some good Cali kids
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles wrote: Yeah and that worked for us last year what's your point? Of course we want a better defense if they can just be around 60 in the nation big things will happen for us
Solomon and Nick Wilson were healthy last year so the Cats were able to score more points than the defense gave up.

This year the offense is injured, so the offense couldn't score more than the defense gave up.

Point is, you can't count on your offense to score more than your defense gives up, so you need to have a half way decent defense.

So like you said, if the defense can get around 60th look out!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Who cares about in-state recruits? There is way better taleny outside the state. Rich Rod won the South last year with talent that was not as good as the other teams. People here think the football program is on the same level as USC and Oregon, but they aren't and probably never will be. RichRod is a very good coach and we are lucky to have him. Let him build the program his way.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Dawkins was playing sick. RichRod said he wasn't expecting him to go for the second half.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Irish27 wrote:
Who cares about in-state recruits? There is way better taleny outside the state. Rich Rod won the South last year with talent that was not as good as the other teams. People here think the football program is on the same level as USC and Oregon, but they aren't and probably never will be. RichRod is a very good coach and we are lucky to have him. Let him build the program his way.
Mostly the top in state recruit in Arizona would never consider UA or ASU because all of the Big time school sweep them always.

UA and ASU can only steal a small portion of Arizona recruit. California is the main recruiting base for both school and that were we get our talent from.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

This stat matters, and it is a problem. Let's face it... Until proven otherwise, RR is Graham's b*tch.

Yes there were injuries that hurt. ASU is not a good football team. And every year there are extenuating circumstances and excuses.., and after this season, I hope we can retire the "but we won last year to win the south!" justification. Don't forget to add "before getting annihilated in the championship game".

Losing Anu hurts no doubt. But it was obvious all season long (and since before he came here) that Randall cannot throw the ball for shit. But we decide to acknowledge that in the last half of biggest game of the season. Dawkins had plenty of chances to be groomed before today.

I don't feel bullish about the talent we have in the program moving forward, and IMO recruiting is not improving our competitive position vs. ASU.

Will anyone who thinks our record vs ASU is not a problem (and I know you are out there (Cupboard was bare first 2 years, WE WON LAST YEAR!, injuries this year) please go on record with when we will acknowledge that this is a problem the staff is responsible for if we keep losing?

Does RR get a pass until 2020? Does he need 2 full recruiting cycles? I'd love to hear when it will start to matter, because it matters to me now.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
Mostly the top in state recruit in Arizona would never consider UA or ASU because all of the Big time school sweep them always.

UA and ASU can only steal a small portion of Arizona recruit. California is the main recruiting base for both school and that were we get our talent from.
It has always been difficult... We got Greathouse and McGill in (I believe) consecutive years back in the 80's... at the same position.

I am sick and f*cking tired of excuses. ASU is kicking our ass in AZ recruiting, and that is on the respective staffs. FIGURE IT OUT... that is what they are paid for. Winners find a way to persevere. This is not curing cancer we are talking about.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Harvey Specter wrote: I'd love to hear when it will start to matter, because it matters to me now.
:lol:

Me too.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Harvey couldn't agree more

Toad has made rich rod his bitch

Our program has sucked through out its history and currently sucks

Until we improve recruiting it will continue to suck well into the future

2-10 vs your biggest conference rivals over four years means we suck at football

Spin it any way you want but Arizona football on the national landscape is a completely irrelevant program. It is irrelevant in the conference landscape too

Only thing that will change that is bringing in better talent. Plain and simple no more of this OKG bullsh@t. Get talented players and bring them in year over year. We continue not to do that...well we will continue to suck.

I am not happy with us sucking
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:

It has always been difficult... We got Greathouse and McGill in (I believe) consecutive years back in the 80's... at the same position.

I am sick and f*cking tired of excuses. ASU is kicking our ass in AZ recruiting, and that is on the respective staffs. FIGURE IT OUT... that is what they are paid for. Winners find a way to persevere. This is not curing cancer we are talking about.
You want to know what hard. Even thou that Graham is kicking RR ass early in the four years of this rivalry. It doesn't say ASU dominated the state of Arizona when it come to recruiting. It also hard to not understand that how not one top rated Arizona prospect will consider Arizona or even others top rated prospect. If I had to count how many AZ recruit that both school have brought in ASU=21 recruits AZ to UA=24 AZ recruits. That just from all 2012-2016 classes. Does that have any advantage for both school even thou ASU lock in with one 5 star recruit from Arizona.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bah, 1-3 is far from being made someone's bitch. It's a one game difference from even. I understand y'all are frustrated, but that's a bit hyperbolic.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Salty wrote: This team was better than asu.
No...it really wasn't. At least not while we were on our 5th string mike LB and 3rd string QB amongst all the other injuries.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Does RR get a pass until 2020? Does he need 2 full recruiting cycles? I'd love to hear when it will start to matter, because it matters to me now.
Genuinely this is the only question that matters: Could Arizona get anybody that could do a better job than Rodriguez has through his first 4 years? If the answer is yes then of course RR does not get a pass remotely that long. If the answer is no then we're just wasting buyout money that we could be using to help build an indoor facility.

Honestly if you name me a guy we could get that would do better than 32-20 in his first four years at Arizona I'd be all aboard that bandwagon. I'm far from convinced he exists though.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Genuinely this is the only question that matters: Could Arizona get anybody that could do a better job than Rodriguez has through his first 4 years? If the answer is yes then of course RR does not get a pass remotely that long. If the answer is no then we're just wasting buyout money that we could be using to help build an indoor facility.

Honestly if you name me a guy we could get that would do better than 32-20 in his first four years at Arizona I'd be all aboard that bandwagon. I'm far from convinced he exists though.
So much this. Or do you guys wanna try and hire the best coordinator in all the land and relive another stoops era?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Some of our fans are sad and pathetic. Refuse to do what it takes on their end to make Arizona a winner but just bitch and complain the whole time and never take anything into perspective.

And this hillbilly comment was so wrong but expected from our fan base. But at least we are not asu right?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I see phxcats posted. Let me guess, something bitching about how we have bad fans and if only an extra 5000 people would go to games we'd suddenly be Alabama?

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:Some of our fans are sad and pathetic. Refuse to do what it takes on their end to make Arizona a winner but just bitch and complain the whole time and never take anything into perspective.

And this hillbilly comment was so wrong but expected from our fan base. But at least we are not asu right?
What the hell does this mean? Demonstrate fan support that is commensurate with what the Sundevil faithful display? I'd say that mission is accomplished with high marks.

If you want to try and pin the current problems on the fans then you are out to lunch.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Some of our fans are sad and pathetic. Refuse to do what it takes on their end to make Arizona a winner but just bitch and complain the whole time and never take anything into perspective.

What the hell does this mean? Demonstrate fan support that is commensurate with what the Sundevil faithful display? I'd say that mission is accomplished with high marks.

If you want to try and pin the current problems on the fans then you are out to lunch.
That's his schtick. He's a troll, best to ignore him.

cats101

Post by cats101 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

He also has a losing conference record.

I'm not saying fire RR by any means, but those stats are what they are
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

HS our numbers of giving to athletics and to the school in general are amount the lowest in the conference and of power 5 schools. With all that I think our football program has done well. Now despite what the uniformed guy says what I say, even though he gets proven wrong and never backs it up, like UCLA and Simon transfer rumors or in the attendance thread, fan donations and attendance does not mean you automatically win but it sure helps a whole lot.

It was a bad year with tons of injuries and bad breaks that we were on the positive end on last year, and look how much bitching is going on. That was the reason for my comment. 1-3 sucks but I have perspective and I am damn proud of the job RR did and how the team showed so much fight and heart.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

1-3, and save for the Washington game, I couldn't be more proud of our guys. It's extremely difficult to win games with the tools we had but they fought until the very end. It shows a lot of heart to have a 3rd string QB come out on the road against our rival and get us within striking distance in a game that shouldn't have been close.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

It is understandable to be frustrated with the outcome this season. I don't understand anti RR rhetoric though. We are only one year away from winning the P12 South with a team with questionable talent, did you forget that already? RR has been able to do "more with less" here and I don't see a viable option who is willing to come down here and who would have been able to do better. Most of the popular coaching names out there have been blessed with uncanny talent and are riding their top players to new jobs and better pay. I doubt they would be able to get a better result here. Also, there are so many good jobs out there and more are gonna open up, who do we think we'd feasibly pick up? Do we think we'd find someone who could recruit better? Face it, Tucson is not a football town, it is not a destination for great coaches or great players. I was at ASsU last night, the crowd was huge, the Mill area scene does make Tucson look bad, the Tempe Town lake development is impressive, the light rail swings right by the stadium. I got to say, I am jealous of their situation. If it wasn't for the scum bag devil fans, I would spend more time down there. I will say our Tailgate on the mall is way better. I think we need to be more patience, more supportive. I'd hate to end up with another Mackovic or another Stoops. He is 32 - 20 (18 - 19) so far. Not spectacular but not terrible for Arizona Football. I'd be gutted if RR left.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:HS our numbers of giving to athletics and to the school in general are amount the lowest in the conference and of power 5 schools. With all that I think our football program has done well. Now despite what the uniformed guy says what I say, even though he gets proven wrong and never backs it up, like UCLA and Simon transfer rumors or in the attendance thread, fan donations and attendance does not mean you automatically win but it sure helps a whole lot.

It was a bad year with tons of injuries and bad breaks that we were on the positive end on last year, and look how much bitching is going on. That was the reason for my comment. 1-3 sucks but I have perspective and I am damn proud of the job RR did and how the team showed so much fight and heart.
Link, please? I do not expect us to rank near the top of the list... But the last one I saw (a few years ago) had ASU ranked at the bottom of the conference.

Our rate of investment in AD (mostly funded by donations) seems to have accelerated in recent years with Lowell Stevens, McKale upgrade, etc.... so I find your comment somewhat hard to believe.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:It is understandable to be frustrated with the outcome this season. I don't understand anti RR rhetoric though. We are only one year away from winning the P12 South with a team with questionable talent, did you forget that already? RR has been able to do "more with less" here and I don't see a viable option who is willing to come down here and who would have been able to do better. Most of the popular coaching names out there have been blessed with uncanny talent and are riding their top players to new jobs and better pay. I doubt they would be able to get a better result here. Also, there are so many good jobs out there and more are gonna open up, who do we think we'd feasibly pick up? Do we think we'd find someone who could recruit better? Face it, Tucson is not a football town, it is not a destination for great coaches or great players. I was at ASsU last night, the crowd was huge, the Mill area scene does make Tucson look bad, the Tempe Town lake development is impressive, the light rail swings right by the stadium. I got to say, I am jealous of their situation. If it wasn't for the scum bag devil fans, I would spend more time down there. I will say our Tailgate on the mall is way better. I think we need to be more patience, more supportive. I'd hate to end up with another Mackovic or another Stoops. He is 32 - 20 (18 - 19) so far. Not spectacular but not terrible for Arizona Football. I'd be gutted if RR left.
1. The problem is we keep having less that we try to do more with. That is not a winning strategy.

2. Don't judge the atmosphere at ASU based on the Territorial Cup; the environment in Tucson is typically just as rabid and impressive. That game is not representative of typical fan support at either venue.

3. ASU has some appealing factors to their environment, no doubt. So do we, and different things appeal to different people - I doubt Tusclaoosa or Columbus have anything to compare, and ASU is not stealing recruits from those schools. All the things you say about Tucson not being a "football town, recruit or coach destination, etc"... Those are true, and they would also be true about BB if we did not already have a winning tradition.

We need a home run hire who wants to be here if we are ever going to take that step. It might never happen, for many of the reasons you state. But I am not ready to accept that we are destined to be ASU's understudy because of Mill Ave and Tempe Town Lake.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lol Mill is nice and Tempe town lake is one of the stupidest things ever. But we habe university, 4th and downtown in Tucson. I see no difference between the two honestly. Certainly isn't any kind of plus that Asu has over us.

cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UALoco wrote:It is understandable to be frustrated with the outcome this season. I don't understand anti RR rhetoric though. We are only one year away from winning the P12 South with a team with questionable talent, did you forget that already? RR has been able to do "more with less" here and I don't see a viable option who is willing to come down here and who would have been able to do better. Most of the popular coaching names out there have been blessed with uncanny talent and are riding their top players to new jobs and better pay. I doubt they would be able to get a better result here. Also, there are so many good jobs out there and more are gonna open up, who do we think we'd feasibly pick up? Do we think we'd find someone who could recruit better? Face it, Tucson is not a football town, it is not a destination for great coaches or great players. I was at ASsU last night, the crowd was huge, the Mill area scene does make Tucson look bad, the Tempe Town lake development is impressive, the light rail swings right by the stadium. I got to say, I am jealous of their situation. If it wasn't for the scum bag devil fans, I would spend more time down there. I will say our Tailgate on the mall is way better. I think we need to be more patience, more supportive. I'd hate to end up with another Mackovic or another Stoops. He is 32 - 20 (18 - 19) so far. Not spectacular but not terrible for Arizona Football. I'd be gutted if RR left.
1. The problem is we keep having less that we try to do more with. That is not a winning strategy.Their no problem with RR and Arizona ok. If your trying to say that Arizona should be attracting high level recruit then you need to check yourself big time. UAloco is right on one thing Arizona isn't a football town like a lot other school.

2. Don't judge the atmosphere at ASU based on the Territorial Cup; the environment in Tucson is typically just as rabid and impressive. That game is not representative of typical fan support at either venue.How many games has ASU fan went and stay thru entire game. While our fan will come and leave when things go wrong in hurry, I don't see ASU fan thinking of basketball season right always like UA fan do.

3. ASU has some appealing factors to their environment, no doubt. So do we, and different things appeal to different people - I doubt Tusclaoosa or Columbus have anything to compare, and ASU is not stealing recruits from those schools. All the things you say about Tucson not being a "football town, recruit or coach destination, etc"... Those are true, and they would also be true about BB if we did not already have a winning tradition.

We need a home run hire who wants to be here if we are ever going to take that step. It might never happen, for many of the reasons you state. But I am not ready to accept that we are destined to be ASU's understudy because of Mill Ave and Tempe Town Lake.
A who do you think that can do better than RR. We don't need another coach to set us back, RR isn't going to leave or take another jobs. He going to coach our team next season with all of his player. Your expectation is set way too high this year while everyone else set their lower.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

*Duplicate
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

1. The problem is we keep having less that we try to do more with. That is not a winning strategy.Their no problem with RR and Arizona ok. If your trying to say that Arizona should be attracting high level recruit then you need to check yourself big time. UAloco is right on one thing Arizona isn't a football town like a lot other school.

2. Don't judge the atmosphere at ASU based on the Territorial Cup; the environment in Tucson is typically just as rabid and impressive. That game is not representative of typical fan support at either venue.How many games has ASU fan went and stay thru entire game. While our fan will come and leave when things go wrong in hurry, I don't see ASU fan thinking of basketball season right always like UA fan do.

A who do you think that can do better than RR. We don't need another coach to set us back, RR isn't going to leave or take another jobs. He going to coach our team next season with all of his player. Your expectation is set way too high this year while everyone else set their lower.
What are you talking about? Where did I set my expectations for this year?

What I want is a winning conference record every year (and achieve it 60-70% of the time).. to beat ASU more often than not... And to legitimately compete for a division/ conference championship 3-4x a decade.

This 'program' is not markedly different today than it has been at points under every coach of the last 35 years sans Mackovic. It seems likely that is who we are and who we will remain.

So there is no reason to change from RR and start over... We could do worse and likely will not do better. Agreed; but don't tell me how much better position we are than we have ever been either, because we are not. It's status quo from my view in the cheap seats.

UA and ASU were in comparable states program-wise when Turd and RR were hired. I think ASU is moving ahead of us, and not many outside of our fanbase would disagree with that opinion.

Many here will argue with that and that's fine; others seem to believe we should not be able to compete with ASU over time and on the recruiting trails because they have built-in advantages over us. Maybe that is true, in which case I do need to ratchet down my expectations.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

If you are going to tell me that ASU fans sport their program better than ours do through thick and thin, then you have no idea what you are talking about. It's a low bar, admittedly, but if they all stay for the entire game it is because they have a chance to win a close game or are kicking the snot out of an opponent that the fans want to beat badly (marquee game or rival).

They don't talk about BB because their program sucks. They either talk about the Cardinals or move on to other things outside of sports.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey the only think I care is us having a winning season. I really don't care as much of the conference since that been trend now a days now. It doesn't show me why it really matter. Do other teams in Power five conference care just about conference record instead of overall record if the team has a winning season. Despite that our division is loaded with two LA powerhouse, One mid major growing up, Our brothers down the road still going to be competitive no matter what, And Doormat team cant fine ways to win.

Harvey I don't care what Graham is doing at his program, I don't care if he on the rise or on the low. The only thing that matter to us is RR and Arizona. I mean you can say what every want but what matter is that we had a good season.

UA and ASU were in comparable states program-wise when Turd and RR were hired. I think ASU is moving ahead of us, and not many outside of our fanbase would disagree with that opinion You believe that UA and ASU were in comparable state with both them took over. Ok Graham took fast route of winning with JC, RR took rebuilding route long term, it doesn't prove that one is better than other. Both school our four year of winning season, both school has capture a south division title, both had at least a 10 win season, and both had a some what a disappointed season.

Like I we all said before something has change within the defense staff or something has to give at this point to even forward in which I don't think RR will leave because it. If RR does fire Casteel? who will he bring in is the question. If he keep Casteel, then Casteel is going to be fighting for his job to make improvement.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

If you are going to tell me that ASU fans sport their program better than ours do through thick and thin, then you have no idea what you are talking about. It's a low bar, admittedly, but if they all stay for the entire game it is because they have a chance to win a close game or are kicking the snot out of an opponent that the fans want to beat badly (marquee game or rival).Harvey telling me that I have no idea of what I'm talking is low. I don't see ASU fan jumping on the BBall bandwagon when their football cant win for cries sack like our fans are doing now. Why haven't our football never be a full house even if most of the game were play during the hot sunny day. Why cant our fans stay for all four quarter to support the program regardless of the situation their in. I will support our football program regardless of the record.

They don't talk about BB because their program sucks. They either talk about the Cardinals or move on to other things outside of sports.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:Harvey the only think I care is us having a winning season. I really don't care as much of the conference since that been trend now a days now. It doesn't show me why it really matter. Do other teams in Power five conference care just about conference record instead of overall record if the team has a winning season. Despite that our division is loaded with two LA powerhouse, One mid major growing up, Our brothers down the road still going to be competitive no matter what, And Doormat team cant fine ways to win.

Harvey I don't care what Graham is doing at his program, I don't care if he on the rise or on the low. The only thing that matter to us is RR and Arizona. I mean you can say what every want but what matter is that we had a good season.

UA and ASU were in comparable states program-wise when Turd and RR were hired. I think ASU is moving ahead of us, and not many outside of our fanbase would disagree with that opinion You believe that UA and ASU were in comparable state with both them took over. Ok Graham took fast route of winning with JC, RR took rebuilding route long term, it doesn't prove that one is better than other. Both school our four year of winning season, both school has capture a south division title, both had at least a 10 win season, and both had a some what a disappointed season.

Like I we all said before something has change within the defense staff or something has to give at this point to even forward in which I don't think RR will leave because it. If RR does fire Casteel? who will he bring in is the question. If he keep Casteel, then Casteel is going to be fighting for his job to make improvement.
Then by your measure we should move to the Mountain West... I am sure we will have a winning record every year.

Geez....
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Harvey Specter wrote:
1. The problem is we keep having less that we try to do more with. That is not a winning strategy.

2. Don't judge the atmosphere at ASU based on the Territorial Cup; the environment in Tucson is typically just as rabid and impressive. That game is not representative of typical fan support at either venue.

A winning coach at Arizona will always have to do more with less. We are not USC or UCLA. The sooner we all learn that the sooner we'll be a "smart" fan base.

I've been at both environments. UA is great during the rivalry game, it will never be able to host that kind of crown cause of the size of of our facilities...and wait until they finished their renovation, we will be literally left behind the dust. Just look the plans, super impressive.

It is easy to say, "we need a home run hire." Who? How much would be have to pay? Would we be able to afford that amount if we fire RR and then have to do the pay out?

Let's stop with the fantasies and deal with reality, can we?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Harvey the only think I care is us having a winning season. I really don't care as much of the conference since that been trend now a days now. It doesn't show me why it really matter. Do other teams in Power five conference care just about conference record instead of overall record if the team has a winning season. Despite that our division is loaded with two LA powerhouse, One mid major growing up, Our brothers down the road still going to be competitive no matter what, And Doormat team cant fine ways to win.

Then by your measure we should move to the Mountain West... I am sure we will have a winning record every year.

Geez....
I would put some sense into your head but that wouldn't change nothing. I didn't say they would consider of moving to a conference where they win. I'm saying that our division is a gantlet of every team for them self with Two LA powerhouses, Mid Major growing up, a Doormat that cant find ways to win, and Our brothers down the road that being spoil rite now. RR and UA can win in this type of environment if everyone start supporting the Football Program instead of letting off crying for BBALL as of a relieve drug addict for success.