Practice Music

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Practice Music

Post by ANGCatFan »

Cute article by Chantel Jennings at ESPN PAC 12 Blog on practice music choices across the conference. Here is the Arizona blurb:
Andrew Warsaw, Arizona’s Operation's Coordinator, is in charge of the Wildcats’ music. After the series of promotional videos Arizona has released, it should come as no surprise that the practice music is also a little bit off-the-wall sometimes.

“Depending on what coach [Rich Rodriguez] wants, we will play whatever,” Warsaw said. “If he wants to us to play something annoying during a certain period of practice we will play a baby crying for five-straight minutes, or songs like Barbie Girl or The Macarena.”

Arizona also takes player requests (which tend to stay closer to top-40 radio hits).
We are the only school mentioned that deliberately tries to rattle players with music; part of Coach Rod's "comfortable being uncomfortable" approach. When the coach was interviewed on 1290 last Monday he mentioned they might need new annoying sounds to give the crying babies a rest.

The ESPN blog lost me with Jenning's suggestions for music for each practice. For Arizona she suggested the title sequence from Fast and Furious. It is not even a real song and was only picked because Fast was in the title.

Can we do better. Any suggestions for best songs for practice and most annoying sound or music?
teemackdee

Re: Practice Music

Post by teemackdee »

Everything is Awesome from the Lego Movie.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

It doesn't get much worse than nails on a chalkboard.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They should pipe in clips of Lou Holtz lisping, spittling, and picking against us.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Chicat wrote:They should pipe in clips of Lou Holtz lisping, spittling, and picking against us.
Damn. That would definitely inspire me to attack a sled.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

One of the most annoying things I've ever heard is this:
Play it at half speed and two times speed (youtube setting). It's even worse than at normal speed. Play during camp, practice, season. See if players hear it pre-game territorial cup they will be eager/conditioned to pancake and de-cleat. A-N-N-O-Y-E-D
[youtube]mYo75A0_Qos[/youtube]
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He wants annoying, well Razors edge got it right. Play that damn fight sone from the scummies. Make them hate that POS song. By November we shoudl eb frothing at the mouth to get at them. This should be a no brainer
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Tin Machine.
boat343

Post by boat343 »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:One of the most annoying things I've ever heard is this:
Play it at half speed and two times speed (youtube setting). It's even worse than at normal speed. Play during camp, practice, season. See if players hear it pre-game territorial cup they will be eager/conditioned to pancake and de-cleat. A-N-N-O-Y-E-D
[youtube]mYo75A0_Qos[/youtube]
Whoa, whoa, whoa... we want them annoyed; we don't want to induce vomiting.