2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:No room for Watson. They wanted him to greyshirt and he said no.
l

There is plenty of room.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not under those circumstances according to Watson
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Not under those circumstances according to Watson
The problem is RR. Jabari is way better than Justin Holt. You all have been led through a tunnel of dung.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I really like Watson so your point is valid. I think he could have asked a few others to greyshirt
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I really like Watson so your point is valid. I think he could have asked a few others to greyshirt

Watson could have started. If you are in need of DL and you push one away, you don't have your head in the game because you want to land elsewhere.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

OSUCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Jabari Watson has decommitted. There might be more to follow.
Jason Scheer is saying it has nothing to do with rumors.
Nice of Scheer to run cover for the coaches and do some damage control.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

That's Scheer's job. He gets paid by fan interest. Ever hear him bad mouth staff? Scheer is a shrewd businessman little football knowledge and a snowblower.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Considering chief has been more wrong lately and is just a guy on a message board saying he knows things...I'll believe scheer over chief any day.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:Considering chief has been more wrong lately and is just a guy on a message board saying he knows things...I'll believe scheer over chief any day.

I've been wrong? I thought I was only on this board when things went wrong? Saying I know things? I thought I wasn't on the board? Scheer over me? Here's the funny part. Scheer and I usually end up saying the same things. Also, when we were buddies, he used to PM me a lot for info. So, all in all, we aren't far off from each other. I'm good friends with one of his insiders and I usually get the down low when he does. One thing about Scheer that is genius....he usually doesn't commit to something either way. He tries to stay neutral with comments like....I wouldn't be surprised or it wouldn't shock me or keep your eye on or hearing that.....with words like those, you're never wrong with the public eye. Good stuff.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You're still just some random guy on a message board trying to act important and in the know...Which usually means that you know nothing.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Quite frankly I don't take Chief or Scheer's words at face value as both are compromised. One has to watch what he says to keep his access to the major Arizona programs, while the other hates the 3-3-5 and pretty much all things Rich Rodriguez. Kind of hard to get a non-biased statement from either.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:You're still just some random guy on a message board trying to act important and in the know...Which usually means that you know nothing.

I would say I'm a guy with a name who is rarely on this board and on no other board. Act important? Not I. I like to commune with the fans. Know knothing? In regards to what? Football? I know a lot and still learning. Football is great because you can never know too much....it's always a learning process.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:Quite frankly I don't take Chief or Scheer's words at face value as both are compromised. One has to watch what he says to keep his access to the major Arizona programs, while the other hates the 3-3-5 and pretty much all things Rich Rodriguez. Kind of hard to get a non-biased statement from either.

Smart assessment. I like it. I don't hate the 3-3-5. The glorified nickel is good when it's not used as a base defense and as what it is. I hate Rich Rod? No I don't. We are very similar.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:I hate Rich Rod? No I don't. We are very similar.
So you're looking to head back east at the earliest opportunity as well huh? :lol:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I hate Rich Rod? No I don't. We are very similar.
So you're looking to head back east at the earliest opportunity as well huh? :lol:

Haha! That or north at some point.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

That's Scheer's job. He gets paid by fan interest. Ever hear him bad mouth staff? Scheer is a shrewd businessman little football knowledge and a snowblower.
I certainly agree with the part in bold... he should stop trying to insist that he is a journalist.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

Scheer gets paid whether there is interest or not. He is very well connected and is good at his job.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

catinfl wrote:
Scheer gets paid whether there is interest or not. He is very well connected and is good at his job.
Ummm he 100% gets paid and retains his job due to how many subscribers his website has. If there's no interest then there's little to no subcribers. To think otherwise is foolish.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ChooChooCat wrote:
catinfl wrote:
Ummm he 100% gets paid and retains his job due to how many subscribers his website has. If there's no interest then there's little to no subcribers. To think otherwise is foolish.
I get that, but he has a lot of subscribers and loyal ones at that. Sure it'll bring in more, but he is doing just fine right now. I don't think he is pushing all this stuff just to get more subscribers.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Then why else would he be doing it? To "expand the Scheer brand"?

It's all about traffic, which is all potential subscribers.

Jason Scheer's a solid, insightful source for program news, but his crystal ball has been as wrong about as much as it's ever been right. Don't bet anything on his Tweets.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

catinfl wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
catinfl wrote:
I get that, but he has a lot of subscribers and loyal ones at that. Sure it'll bring in more, but he is doing just fine right now. I don't think he is pushing all this stuff just to get more subscribers.
Who said he's pushing anything? He's playing damage control for the coaching staff in regards to recruiting, that's different. He does that to keep in good standing with his sources. I understand it, because if he doesn't have a good standing with them then the info dries up and so do the subs. Which is why I don't 100% trust his word when apparent bad things happen.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I don't understand why "rumors" of a head coach potentially being contacted by another team (because they think he is such a quality of a coach in the first place) would scare anyone off. There are very few places that will never have a coaching rumor pop up during a players 4-5 years. When RR stays, and nothing happens, I am sure those complaining about hurting recruiting will find another excuse to complain.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

OSUCat wrote:I don't understand why "rumors" of a head coach potentially being contacted by another team (because they think he is such a quality of a coach in the first place) would scare anyone off. There are very few places that will never have a coaching rumor pop up during a players 4-5 years. When RR stays, and nothing happens, I am sure those complaining about hurting recruiting will find another excuse to complain.
It's not the rumors... It is his silence and reciprocation of interest. That is business... We are not getting his loyalty, he won't get mine. He appears to be here because he can't get a better job. Nothing wrong with that, but he thanks he gets from me for the job he has done begins and ends with his paycheck.

And don't act like there is nothing else legitimate to complain about... 1-3, 3-6, Everything defense, in-state recruiting, recruiting in general, etc...
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

OSUCat wrote:I don't understand why "rumors" of a head coach potentially being contacted by another team (because they think he is such a quality of a coach in the first place) would scare anyone off.
So you would go work for a company if it was widely known that your soon to be new boss was trying with all his might to find another job?

I personally am not blaming poor recruiting on this. I am blaming poor recruiting on poor recruiters, but this current situation definitely doesn't help matters.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:[quote="Harvey Specter

[/quote]

Interest pays him. I wouldn't say he is well connected. He tries his damndest to be though. He is good at his job. I enjoyed his Premium board for the most part and had fun with the old back and forth, good natured arguing. Smart guy but during my last few months on that board, he became very arrogant and confrontational. One thing that board was missing was good football talk. Not about recruiting or coaching but the X's and O's of football.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

chiefzona wrote:
Interest pays him. I wouldn't say he is well connected. He tries his damndest to be though. He is good at his job. I enjoyed his Premium board for the most part and had fun with the old back and forth, good natured arguing. Smart guy but during my last few months on that board, he became very arrogant and confrontational. One thing that board was missing was good football talk. Not about recruiting or coaching but the X's and O's of football.
Glass houses bro....Glass houses.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Glass houses bro....Glass houses.

Haha! Nice. In all honesty, I'm not arrogant though I've been told I come off that way on message boards. Everyone who has met me sees that. When stuff goes to personal attacks, it's bad.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

gronk4heisman wrote:
OSUCat wrote:I don't understand why "rumors" of a head coach potentially being contacted by another team (because they think he is such a quality of a coach in the first place) would scare anyone off.
So you would go work for a company if it was widely known that your soon to be new boss was trying with all his might to find another job?

I personally am not blaming poor recruiting on this. I am blaming poor recruiting on poor recruiters, but this current situation definitely doesn't help matters.
I agree that the biggest weapon against overcoming recruiting obstacles are good recruiters.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

The guys on 1290 are saying that josh Allen is most likely a re commit
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Did anybody see the pictures that Khalil Tate posted to Instagram yesterday? They were photoshopped pics of him with Utah and Kansas? They are gone now!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Could see long-time AZ RB commit, then de-commit Trevor Speights play against AZ. Speights committed to Stanford yesterday.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

3goggles wrote:The guys on 1290 are saying that josh Allen is most likely a re commit
The unofficial word on ucla's side is transcripts
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

3goggles wrote:The guys on 1290 are saying that josh Allen is most likely a re commit
That would be terrific news... I really hope we get him back.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Could see long-time AZ RB commit, then de-commit Trevor Speights play against AZ. Speights committed to Stanford yesterday.
Damn. That one hurts.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

3goggles wrote:Did anybody see the pictures that Khalil Tate posted to Instagram yesterday? They were photoshopped pics of him with Utah and Kansas? They are gone now!
Kansas still plays football?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Tate was nearly a top 100 guy. Think he was like 112
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:Tate was nearly a top 100 guy. Think he was like 112
He is #112... that is a HUGE jump. He has to be one of the highest rated recruits ever for UA, esp out of HS. Modster checks in at #237... Still terrific.

In other news Shea Patterson #3 overall (behind 2 big uglies on the DL) and N'Keal Harry at #22 overall. That's way up there.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

And Trevor Speights committed to Stanford. Nothing wrong with our early commits, it's keeping them.

BTW Anu was a top 100 kid
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azcat49 wrote:And Trevor Speights committed to Stanford. Nothing wrong with our early commits, it's keeping them.

BTW Anu was a top 100 kid
Who was the top 50 CB Arizona landed 6 or 7 years ago?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Devin Ross?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Probably Robert Golden
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

JJ taylor will make everyone forget about Speights. Kid had 5 TD's vs St Johns Bosco last weekend when they upset the then #1
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

whatisee wrote:JJ taylor will make everyone forget about Speights. Kid had 5 TD's vs St Johns Bosco last weekend when they upset the then #1
If he wasn't 5'7 he would be a major prospect. Grades also were a concern at one point but I think he cleaned that up. He got injured last year and that was a big reason for his lack of attention, but RR personally recruited him if that shows you how much the staff thinks of him.

222 Carries 1980 yards and 9.8 yards a carry 41 touchdowns with 141 Y/G

His stats are ridiculous.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That Centennial offense is nuts
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Pulling up Taylor's stats made me think of the other guys we have and I got their stats
Khalil Tate- 2,036 yards passing 53% completion rate 17 TD's and 8 INT's/ 203 carries for 2,130 yards and 26 TD's (One of the tougher divisions in Cali and put up those numbers)

JJ Taylor- 222 Carries 1,980 yards 41 TD's/ 13 Rec 165 yards and 3 TD's

Sean Riley- 103 Carries 1,300 yards 16 TD's/ 26 receptions 460 yards 3 TD's

DeVaughn Cooper- 61 catches 1200 yards and 19 TD's.

Russell Halimon- 205 carries 1543 yards and 13 TD's. Injured after 10 games. (Torn ACL)

Couldn't find stats for Modster or Raynor, but RR has got to be excited in the guys he is bringing in
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

MrBug708 wrote:That Centennial offense is nuts
It really is. The QB is tiny and Taylor is tiny and they blow up every defense they come in contact with. who says smurfs can't get the job done.
Sid

Post by Sid »

whatisee wrote:JJ taylor will make everyone forget about Speights. Kid had 5 TD's vs St Johns Bosco last weekend when they upset the then #1
Just saw the highlights (a lot of JJ) of that game on Maxpreps site.

Wow!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

RR has got to make Tate his top priority for this class! He needs to be in Tate's hip pocket until he enrolls
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

3goggles wrote:
RR has got to make Tate his top priority for this class! He needs to be in Tate's hip pocket until he enrolls
Luckily he signs in around ten days and is enrolling early.