2015 New Mexico bowl discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: 2015 New Mexico bowl discussion thread

Post by azcat49 »

So what are the advantages/disadvantages to the early spring practices? I noticed it was in February which is really quick
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Of course.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Wilson's injury is a S&C mess up. That's all you're going to hear about it. First it was the knee and then the ankle.

From Lifting improperly or are you saying it was how we are going about things?
Going about things. It's not a good thing. Hopefully, he'll be ready for the early spring practices.
That makes no sense. When RR got here there were several in the know posters who raved about how our S&C coach was a real difference maker who was as good as anybody in the business. And that was even after we missed on getting Barwis.

Remember the inside info from players (including Kadeem) about how much tougher the workouts were and how nobody could handle them? Some guys left the program because they just weren't tough enough to handle it.

Maybe they are not as adept at fostering recovery as they are at making guys faster and stronger...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:So what are the advantages/disadvantages to the early spring practices? I noticed it was in February which is really quick
Advantages:

The players don't stay idle as long in the offseason and stay in better shape.

Disadvantages:

The players don't get to heal as long as normal.

Longer distance of time between spring in fall camp.

Lack of evaluation for some players who haven't made it on campus that early.

It's really only a couple of weeks difference but we'll see how it works out.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Wilson's injury is a S&C mess up. That's all you're going to hear about it. First it was the knee and then the ankle.

Going about things. It's not a good thing. Hopefully, he'll be ready for the early spring practices.
That makes no sense. When RR got here there were several in the know posters who raved about how our S&C coach was a real difference maker who was as good as anybody in the business. And that was even after we missed on getting Barwis.

Remember the inside info from players (including Kadeem) about how much tougher the workouts were and how nobody could handle them? Some guys left the program because they just weren't tough enough to handle it.

Maybe they are not as adept at fostering recovery as they are at making guys faster and stronger...
From what I've heard, there's a very negative undertone with S&C this season.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

RR has to be salivating over that indoor practice facility.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sucks about Wilson and turituri but it'll be nice to play a game where we're about as healthy as we've been since early September.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No idea where sites get these, but updated today:

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/" target="_blank

12/17/15 WR Samajie Grant Head is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. New Mexico
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Merkin wrote:No idea where sites get these, but updated today:

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/" target="_blank

12/17/15 WR Samajie Grant Head is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. New Mexico
I use to work for a large handicapping company here in Las Vegas that had a couple people that would research injuries and pass the information along so we could possibly adjust the lines we set. When the company stopped doing this part of the business, a lot of the people ended up going to Don Best. They get the same information you or I could get -- they read online articles, both national and local. So, they probably found an article originating out of Tucson, or New Mexico, that says Samajie was upgraded to probable. In fact, I still have a couple friends that work at Don Best. I think one of them might even deal with researching injuries. (And there is no actual person named Don Best. It's just what the company was called)
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Very good thought. It's obvious there's something different. Whether it's the turf or the S&C, (I think it's both).

Said S&E, meant S&C, although strength and endurance prolly translates the same...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I've read that there is less than 2,000 general admission tickets left.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Man, that was a freakin' blast.

I was having a great trip up there anyways. Went to a few places I wanted to go and the food was fantastic everywhere I went. I was wearing AZ gear and everywhere I went people were mentioning that they were seeing a LOT of Wildcat fans. Got to the game and it was a fantastic crowd. The place was rocking the whole afternoon. The Lobo fans were great. Arizona fans turned out a lot better than I expected. There was some friendly smack flying around in the stands but nothing idiotic or dickish. The NM fans were cool after the game as well and very gracious. It was nice to make the drive home from Albuquerque with a win this time unlike last time. With the crowd like that for both sides, this was one of the most fun times I've ever had at an Arizona football game, home or away.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Most fun ABQ trip I've had. A gorgeous drive leaving PHX through Payson and Holbrook. Bowl of Red and Green Chili in Gallup. Stayed at a Hyatt and the desk staff upgraded us to the top floor and free breakfast in exchange for the extra ticket we gave him. Hit the bars along Central Ave, a stretch not unlike our 4th Ave.

As for the game, it was one of the more fun ones we've attended. A lot more people filled the stands than expected. Both on the New Mexico side we were on, and on the UA side to, you could hear the U-of-A chants all the way across the field. Our band sounded great too. The New Mexico fans we sat around were very friendly, much more so than I expected. Was worried they'd be like the UNLV fans of two years ago.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Really sad. R.I.P.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

UAEebs86 wrote:Really sad. R.I.P.

Driving back home with his girlfriend to see his family right before Christmas.

Heart breaking.....

R.I.P.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just awful. Something the family will never forget come Christmastime.

Both parties were ejected from the vehicle.

Not wearing seat belts?