Who would be Arizona Next DC.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Who would be Arizona Next DC.

Post by azcat49 »

Chief you don't strike me as a glue guy in the locker room, more of the cancer that needs to be cut out.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:It's good to see you're still alive DC. I was getting a bit worried, I'll admit. I tried a welfare check but didn't hear from you. So, are you headed back to WV with Daddy or is he keeping you here to regulate me? Love ya buddy. Just wait till you hear who your Godfather got! Oh, I'm sure you already know.
I assume this means you have an idea on who you think the new DC will be. If so, do you care to go on record with a prediction?

I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to say Tony Gibson.
Tony Gibson isn't leaving WVU even if RR has offer him to come back to Arizona to take over DC stint. I don't know who chief has in mind of who RR is going to pick as his new DC. I doubt it isn't the names that media has hand pick.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Chief you don't strike me as a glue guy in the locker room, more of the cancer that needs to be cut out.
First of all, you don't cut out cancer. I was an intense leader on my football team coached by one of the greatest high school football coaches of all time who is still coaching and winning CIF championships today. I was also a leader in the Marine Corps. I demand a hell of a lot. Sure, I'm tough on the Wildcats, but I also support them behind the scenes and are friends with a lot of ex U of A football players. I speak my mind and I may not always be right on the mark.....but I'm never far off. Are you going to make it to the camp this year, partner?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well you were stone quiet when we went 10-2 and then got blustering again this year. I have played and worked with those tupes. A little adversity and it's Nash your teeth and pass the blame around.

Thanks for your service to our country, it is appreciated.

As for the camp, I like everything wildcat football and all wildcat sports. Not sure what an old man could do at a camp?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Hunley is in town and interviewing for one of the jobs. Didn't ask which one. If you want him on the staff, make some noise in Social Media. It might make a difference.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Chief you don't strike me as a glue guy in the locker room, more of the cancer that needs to be cut out.
First of all, you don't cut out cancer. I was an intense leader on my football team coached by one of the greatest high school football coaches of all time who is still coaching and winning CIF championships today. I was also a leader in the Marine Corps. I demand a hell of a lot. Sure, I'm tough on the Wildcats, but I also support them behind the scenes and are friends with a lot of ex U of A football players. I speak my mind and I may not always be right on the mark.....but I'm never far off. Are you going to make it to the camp this year, partner?
You always speak your mind? BS, still waiting for you to name a DC from Chi question earlier. All we hear is what is wrong and never what you would do. That doesn't seem like the straight shooter you project.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Chicat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Chief, you're the best. You like exactly one possible candidate who we have no chance at. And you refuse to name anyone you like who we do have a chance at. You just love pissing in the punch bowl.
Chief gon' be Chief!

The cycle will start all over again once there's a hire and the first snap happens in the spring game, this scheme sucks...the DC sucks...yadda yadda yadda...
Shit, he hasn't even waited for the hire.

Of course, if my whole schtick was predicated on glibly predicting that everything will always be shit, I wouldn't be saying anything positive right now either.
Chief arguments:
2015: The scheme would never work and DC not good enough but RR would never fire him.
Post 2015: See I was right (except that I was only half right), oh and RR is a micromanage (new complaint)
Post 2015 new dc: a mixture of 1) Not a good enough west coast recruiter and 2) Not proven DC (does not matter who gets hired,)
2016: Good defense/winning = Don't post. One loss or Bad defense = see I was right. DC is bad we need a new coach, but I will never mention who.

It's pretty simple and shouldn't surprise anyone. Just remember how terrible USC is when Chief posts, because no matter how well they recruit they under achieve like no other.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Well you were stone quiet when we went 10-2 and then got blustering again this year. I have played and worked with those tupes. A little adversity and it's Nash your teeth and pass the blame around.

Thanks for your service to our country, it is appreciated.

As for the camp, I like everything wildcat football and all wildcat sports. Not sure what an old man could do at a camp?

I wasn't stone quiet. How does one get haters being quiet? I was off this board for over a year because I was asked to go on Scout Premium. Also, I am always on Twitter and answer any questions. I am not a big Rich Rod guy. I liked him a bit at WVU but I'm not to keen on him. Well, maybe I could get you to the club they'll all be at the night before. Hang in there old man. :P
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

OSUCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
You always speak your mind? BS, still waiting for you to name a DC from Chi question earlier. All we hear is what is wrong and never what you would do. That doesn't seem like the straight shooter you project.
I did. I said Eddie O. Oh, I'm a straight shooter. Who else on this board has been kicked off a board because of people crying that they didn't want to hear what was said. Then being messaged by many posters saying sorry....you were right. Haha. Hatees get the status from speaking, not being quiet. Hell, DC will tell you that. He used to say on the other board that I could take the punches better than anyone. See, I'm willing to say what I think regardless of the consequences but the difference you'll see with me is that I hardly bad mouth people. I get punched and kicked and stand right in there with the best of them because it's easy for me. I value all of your opinions and read stuff on this board a lot. There are some good posters on here. I've seen some good stuff from you. Notice how I don't come after you or anyone else.....that should tell you something about me.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

OSUCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Chief, you're the best. You like exactly one possible candidate who we have no chance at. And you refuse to name anyone you like who we do have a chance at. You just love pissing in the punch bowl.
Chief gon' be Chief!

The cycle will start all over again once there's a hire and the first snap happens in the spring game, this scheme sucks...the DC sucks...yadda yadda yadda...

Of course, if my whole schtick was predicated on glibly predicting that everything will always be shit, I wouldn't be saying anything positive right now either.
Chief arguments:
2015: The scheme would never work and DC not good enough but RR would never fire him.
Post 2015: See I was right (except that I was only half right), oh and RR is a micromanage (new complaint)
Post 2015 new dc: a mixture of 1) Not a good enough west coast recruiter and 2) Not proven DC (does not matter who gets hired,)
2016: Good defense/winning = Don't post. One loss or Bad defense = see I was right. DC is bad we need a new coach, but I will never mention who.

It's pretty simple and shouldn't surprise anyone. Just remember how terrible USC is when Chief posts, because no matter how well they recruit they under achieve like no other.

I was always right about Casteel. That's what drove most people nuts. I'm gonna say what I feel man whether you agree or not. I guess you haven't figured this out. I post when USC is terrible? They won the South last that I checked. Hey, I'm not on here all of the time regardless of whatever the circumstances. I could easily just stop posting here but you still catch me posting on Twitter because that's my main medium.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

You were asked to leave Scout because you made every thread about you and derailed football discussion.

The rest of us come to the boards to discuss the Wildcats. You come to promote yourself and your causes or opinions.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:You were asked to leave Scout because you made every thread about you and derailed football discussion.

The rest of us come to the boards to discuss the Wildcats. You come to promote yourself and your causes or opinions.

Actually, I wasn't asked to leave. Plus, you're wrong. I posted my opinions and people went after me personally and attacked me. Everyone saw it. It was blatantly obvious. The threads were derailed by people arguing over and over non-stop. There was a lot of censorship on that board and I was asked many times to just please stop posting because it created heart ache and arguments. If I promoted my causes, could you tell me what those were? I'd be interested to know what causes I was promoting. Also, you'll notice on Twitter that the pundits still bad mouth me and I don't respond. Also, many people tell me Scheer bad mouths me on Twitter and his board. But you don't see me doing the same. What does that tell you? Don't drink the Kool Aid and say things that are untrue because of your emotions. Get facts. They work better.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Now....lets all get back to football. Someone said Hunley was in town. Oh, really?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ANGCatFan wrote:You were asked to leave Scout because you made every thread about you and derailed football discussion.

I sure hope that doesn't happen here.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Hunley in town is interesting, but I don't think social media will move the needle at all. They're hiring a football coach, not a readers choice winner.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Hunley would be interesting. Would he be ready to take a DC position or is this to gauge interest as position coach?

And for what it's worth Chief, I always appreciate your views.
Last edited by TuiTouchdown on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yeah let's go back to football because you are a pot stirrer, a cancer. The worst guy to have in a locker room. Own it chief
We all hated the scheme and Casteel but we supported him and RR. You brought others down and created a negative atmosphere.

Grab your self esteem elsewhere
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Hunley would be interesting. Would he be ready to take a DC position or is this to gauge interest as position coach?

And for what it's worth Chief, I always appreciate your views.

Thanks Tui.....much appreciated.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Yeah let's go back to football because you are a pot stirrer, a cancer. The worst guy to have in a locker room. Own it chief
We all hated the scheme and Casteel but we supported him and RR. You brought others down and created a negative atmosphere.

Grab your self esteem elsewhere

I believe your the one who needs to own it. Call the ball on a defense that pretended to play big yet made Arizona look stupid. Self esteem is found in idiocy melted with chocolate
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Pot stirrer. We all hated the 3-3-5. Wins matter. You just poured salt in the wounds and pounder your chest. You are bad for the program, a cancer in the locker room but hey, we all get our jollies somewhere
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Pot stirrer. We all hated the 3-3-5. Wins matter. You just poured salt in the wounds and pounder your chest. You are bad for the program, a cancer in the locker room but hey, we all get our jollies somewhere

If everyone hated there should be no argument. Cancers are not created against truth
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Ok stop fighting. Everyone and including myself hated the 335. A lot of us didn't even think it would of been possible that RR would fired Casteel and it happen. 335 didn't produce jack crap in all four years and we all have seen it. It didn't live up to what RR invision it, Casteel couldn't put a consistent or a capable defense on field, Couldn't even adjust or adapt in certain games and certain situation. The only thing that Casteel will get credit for is developing Scooby Wright and that it. All I want is RR to make the right choice of getting the right DC that can reorganized our defense roster and get them well prepared on game days, Make them defense play competitive. If RR cant even do that, then I don't know what the hell is doing with this hired process of a DC.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

The problem is the truth cannot be told. Anger is denial in the form of lies.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

If Todd Orlando is a possibility, he sounds good to me.

http://m.chron.com/sports/cougars/artic ... 995499.php" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:The problem is the truth cannot be told. Anger is denial in the form of lies.
The truth is great. Your delivery and attitude suck a dead dog's dick.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:The problem is the truth cannot be told. Anger is denial in the form of lies.
Without a doubt.

Chief is a self righteous prick. Almost on Bruins' level.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:

I am thinking your attitude is worse. I don't say stuff like you just did to others on the board. I believe your reality is flawed. Look in the mirror.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Salty wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Without a doubt.

Chief is a self righteous prick. Almost on Bruins' level.

Another name calling. Interesting. Have a football take?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I am thinking your attitude is worse. I don't say stuff like you just did to others on the board. I believe your reality is flawed. Look in the mirror.
*Looks in mirror...

"Holy shit I'm good looking early in the morning!"

Maybe you should complain about all the meanies on the interwebs who don't want to hear you gloat when things are mediocre with our football program to all your buddies who used to be on the team? I'm sure they'll give you a cuddle and tell you everything is going to be ok.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

*Looks in mirror...

"Holy shit I'm good looking early in the morning!"

Maybe you should complain about all the meanies on the interwebs who don't want to hear you gloat when things are mediocre with our football program to all your buddies who used to be on the team? I'm sure they'll give you a cuddle and tell you everything is going to be ok.
I don't mind the name calling at all but as you see, it's never reciprocated. :roll:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I called you a name?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lord you know it's bad when people agree with Salty on how shitty a poster chief is.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

scumdevils86 wrote:Lord you know it's bad when people agree with Salty on how shitty a poster chief is.

He didn't mention anything about me being a shitty poster. He said I was a self righteous prick. But hey.....who's counting? Haha. Good to see Tate in town. A DC announcement on Monday?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Anyways...I don't know if Hunley would entertain the DL coach position, but if he would, I would really like us to give him a chance. You know...Cats looking out for other Cats. Also, I think he is also a motivational speaker so I imagine he could recruit and motivate. I really just would like us to somehow bring the D's of the past.....along with RR's offense.it could be awesome.

I am new to things..I think the Chief haters just seem to encourage him...If you don't like someone's post..just ignore it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UALoco wrote:Anyways...I don't know if Hunley would entertain the DL coach position, but if he would, I would really like us to give him a chance. You know...Cats looking out for other Cats. Also, I think he is also a motivational speaker so I imagine he could recruit and motivate. I really just would like us to somehow bring the D's of the past.....along with RR's offense.it could be awesome.

I am new to things..I think the Chief haters just seem to encourage him...If you don't like someone's post..just ignore it.

How is Hunley in town when Rich Rod is in San Antonio?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

BearDown89 wrote:If Todd Orlando is a possibility, he sounds good to me.

The only question I have is can he recruit Cali? Seems like he's bounced around all over the country, so ties all over would be great, and seen a lot of different offenses, which would make him an interesting hire for sure.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I think we hire someone next week and let's hope we all feel like they can recruit well. That has been and will continue to be our problem if we ever want to have winning records in the PAC 12 consistently not 3 out of the last 16 years and make a rose bowl before we all die.

I could honestly care less about scheme then I do recruiting. I am not a fan of the 335 at all but if we had Alabama's athletes pretty sure we would run it well.

God Chief if you think this crowd is tough I would love to see you on http://www.uasports.net" target="_blank

Those guys ban people for saying slightly negative things about Arizona football. I was banned recently and those guys are literally crazy when it comes to their views on Arizona football.
Last edited by Newportcat on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Newportcat wrote:I think we hire someone next week and let's hope we all feel like they can recruit well. That has been and will continue to be our problem if we ever want to have winning records in the PAC 12 consistently not 3 out of the last 17 years and make a rose bowl before we all die.

I could honestly care less about scheme then I do recruiting. I am not a fan of the 335 at all but if we had Alabama's athletes pretty sure we would run it well.

God Chief if you think this crowd is tough I would love to see you on http://www.uasports.net" target="_blank

Those guys ban people for saying slightly negative things about Arizona football. I was banned recently and those guys are literally crazy when it comes to their views on Arizona football.

This crowd is tough at all. No Arizona crowd has ever been too tough. It's the same Homer crap over and over until they see validity in my takes then it becomes a Chief bash because the veil of denial is lifted and the truth causes too much pain. I'll have to try that site. Haha.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

UALoco wrote:Anyways...I don't know if Hunley would entertain the DL coach position, but if he would, I would really like us to give him a chance. You know...Cats looking out for other Cats. Also, I think he is also a motivational speaker so I imagine he could recruit and motivate. I really just would like us to somehow bring the D's of the past.....along with RR's offense.it could be awesome.

I think with how we play offense, it will always be difficult to have a great defense like the ones from the desert swarm years. Defense will always be on the field a long time

I think with a strong rich Rod offense and a top 50 type defense we would be in business

Our 2013 defense was not bad outside of the ASU game that year. Our offense was the problem in the games we lost that year like UW, UCLA, and WSU

If we could achieve those sort of stats or little bit better consistently on defense, we should be fine with the way we score points
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TuiTouchdown wrote:

The only question I have is can he recruit Cali? Seems like he's bounced around all over the country, so ties all over would be great, and seen a lot of different offenses, which would make him an interesting hire for sure.
I feel like recruiting California should be relatively easy. There's a lot of talent and USC/UCLA only have so many schollies to give.

Reestablishing ties to the good AZ programs would be my main focus. Keep those kids home and out of the rust & puke unis up in Dumpe.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

chiefzona wrote:

Set to interview on Monday when RR returns..He has family in Phoenix
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:

I feel like recruiting California should be relatively easy. There's a lot of talent and USC/UCLA only have so many schollies to give.

Reestablishing ties to the good AZ programs would be my main focus. Keep those kids home and out of the rust & puke unis up in Dumpe.
It's not easy because there are 50 other schools recruiting there as well. You have to establish relationships with the coaches. It takes time but payoffs are good. You also have to show your face to the camps, games and campuses. It's a lot of work. But the good thing about Cali is the average player can usually run with the above average players pretty well.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I honestly do not think Arizona will ever recruit its home state well. I think for all other U of A sports, we do a great job at it, but for Arizona football it just seems like we never consistently recruit the state well because top talent either

A. Grew up going to ASU games so if they stay in state/local they figure just go to ASU
B. Want to leave the state to play for a big program

Seems like every couple years we will get a good instate player but on the whole always been tough. As Rich Rod has said, its tough to get in-state guys to visit us. I have always thought the way to build the instate pipeline is take flyers on the tweeners from the big time schools like Hamilton, Chandler, Saguaro etc. Like Julian Carter. 3 star WR who is 6'2 who is going to Boise State. Why not offer him. Or HAMILCAR RASHED who is going to Oregon State. Now both guys are tweeners but I think in state guys are less likely to get home sick or leave and at least you start building up a pipeline. We have done it a couple times with guys like Nate Phillips but seems like there is always guys we never offer who turn into good players like Blake Martinez or Aaron Tevis or Jake Roh. I could be way off base but if we bring in those types, we get to know the head coaches at those high schools, build good will, and also when the top guys start looking they have friends on our team etc. Just a thought and welcome any comments from guys who know phoenix high school football better then me
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
Never far off? Like when you had Tate going to SC? Or when you had him and Modster going to Ucla?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:

Chief has as good a shot as Hunley does of getting a job at the UA. I honestly have no idea why people think he should be given a job simply because he was a great player back in the day? If I put uphis coaching resume and didn't put a name to it most would ask why he's even under consideration. A current recruit would have no idea nor would he really care that Hunley was a star here. If he can't relate to todays HS kid then him being a former great would mean next to nothing.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Never far off? Like when you had Tate going to SC? Or when you had him and Modster going to Ucla?
Tee Martin and Keyshawn Johnson were trying to pull Tate there but they wanted him as a receiver. He was going to go. Burton would have been the deal sealer. My Tweet about Modster, Tate and Burton going to UCLA was a joke followed by a laughing emoticon. I was told some idiot posted on the Scout Premium board about it and that it riled up the locals there. It cracks me up that I've been off that board for 6 months yet still getting trashed. It sounds desperate. Anyway, my whole thing about Tate is that I don't trust him at all. If I were any of you, I wouldn't fall in love with him. He' wants things his way and if stuff gets tough, Tate gets going. He sure is a great talent though and he'll push Anu to the extreme, perhaps. He's just gotta get his head right.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
OSUCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
Chief gon' be Chief!

Chief arguments:

I was always right about Casteel. That's what drove most people nuts. I'm gonna say what I feel man whether you agree or not. I guess you haven't figured this out. I post when USC is terrible? They won the South last that I checked. Hey, I'm not on here all of the time regardless of whatever the circumstances. I could easily just stop posting here but you still catch me posting on Twitter because that's my main medium.
Always right??? I could fill a large room of former and current players coached by Casteel that will say without question that he's the best coach they've ever played for. What about you Chief? You prolly couldn't fill a phone booth with people who think you know what you're talking about. You're the worst because you don't know shit yet jump on when somebody is down. You act like you're the voice of truth and in reality as I've said previously, you know next to nothing of what is really the truth.

What Casteel did in his first two years was nothing short of amazing considering what he had to work with? He coached his ass off and we had no business winning 8 games with the personnel that we had on D. His 3rd year he has a player that NOBODY at the D1 level wanted in Scooby and helped turn him into the most decorated defensive player to ever play at Arizona. This last year he had next to nothing to work with especially when you consider that Scooby and Turituri played two positions at a high level and we didn't have guys who could replace the LB positions let alone rush end positions.

You were never right about Casteel.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Tee Martin and Keyshawn Johnson were trying to pull Tate there but they wanted him as a receiver. He was going to go. Burton would have been the deal sealer. My Tweet about Modster, Tate and Burton going to UCLA was a joke followed by a laughing emoticon. I was told some idiot posted on the Scout Premium board about it and that it riled up the locals there. It cracks me up that I've been off that board for 6 months yet still getting trashed. It sounds desperate. Anyway, my whole thing about Tate is that I don't trust him at all. If I were any of you, I wouldn't fall in love with him. He' wants things his way and if stuff gets tough, Tate gets going. He sure is a great talent though and he'll push Anu to the extreme, perhaps. He's just gotta get his head right.
He was going to go? Tate: "I'm going wherever RR goes."
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sure thing DC. Casteel was unreal. Greatest DC that Arizona has ever seen. It's a shame that he was bamboozeled at Arizona. Shame on Rich Rod for not seeing his greatness and screaming at him in practices to bring the corners up on the receivers. It's a shame the rest of the football world and fans didn't recognize his adjustments that came during halftime and making the offense have to scamper to score. His no in game adjustments were complete genius. I'm sure he'll fit at a Penn State, Alabama or maybe even Wisconsin because of his defensive prowess. All hail Coach Casteel! I hope that when the next HC comes here that he brings Casteel back so we can all be blessed to watch his genius again.
Salty

Post by Salty »

chiefzona wrote:Sure thing DC. Casteel was unreal. Greatest DC that Arizona has ever seen. It's a shame that he was bamboozeled at Arizona. Shame on Rich Rod for not seeing his greatness and screaming at him in practices to bring the corners up on the receivers. It's a shame the rest of the football world and fans didn't recognize his adjustments that came during halftime and making the offense have to scamper to score. His no in game adjustments were complete genius. I'm sure he'll fit at a Penn State, Alabama or maybe even Wisconsin because of his defensive prowess. All hail Coach Casteel! I hope that when the next HC comes here that he brings Casteel back so we can all be blessed to watch his genius again.
Are you 15?