Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Who would be Arizona Next DC.

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Chief you don't strike me as a glue guy in the locker room, more of the cancer that needs to be cut out.
First of all, you don't cut out cancer. I was an intense leader on my football team coached by one of the greatest high school football coaches of all time who is still coaching and winning CIF championships today. I was also a leader in the Marine Corps. I demand a hell of a lot. Sure, I'm tough on the Wildcats, but I also support them behind the scenes and are friends with a lot of ex U of A football players. I speak my mind and I may not always be right on the mark.....but I'm never far off. Are you going to make it to the camp this year, partner?
Never far off? Like when you had Tate going to SC? Or when you had him and Modster going to Ucla?
Tee Martin and Keyshawn Johnson were trying to pull Tate there but they wanted him as a receiver. He was going to go. Burton would have been the deal sealer. My Tweet about Modster, Tate and Burton going to UCLA was a joke followed by a laughing emoticon. I was told some idiot posted on the Scout Premium board about it and that it riled up the locals there. It cracks me up that I've been off that board for 6 months yet still getting trashed. It sounds desperate. Anyway, my whole thing about Tate is that I don't trust him at all. If I were any of you, I wouldn't fall in love with him. He' wants things his way and if stuff gets tough, Tate gets going. He sure is a great talent though and he'll push Anu to the extreme, perhaps. He's just gotta get his head right.
He was going to go? Tate: "I'm going wherever RR goes."
He was close. Yeah, I believe everything Tate says as well. So if RR goes back east after this next season, Tate's gonna follow? We'll see. ;)
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Newportcat wrote:I honestly do not think Arizona will ever recruit its home state well. I think for all other U of A sports, we do a great job at it, but for Arizona football it just seems like we never consistently recruit the state well because top talent either

A. Grew up going to ASU games so if they stay in state/local they figure just go to ASU
B. Want to leave the state to play for a big program

Seems like every couple years we will get a good instate player but on the whole always been tough. As Rich Rod has said, its tough to get in-state guys to visit us. I have always thought the way to build the instate pipeline is take flyers on the tweeners from the big time schools like Hamilton, Chandler, Saguaro etc. Like Julian Carter. 3 star WR who is 6'2 who is going to Boise State. Why not offer him. Or HAMILCAR RASHED who is going to Oregon State. Now both guys are tweeners but I think in state guys are less likely to get home sick or leave and at least you start building up a pipeline. We have done it a couple times with guys like Nate Phillips but seems like there is always guys we never offer who turn into good players like Blake Martinez or Aaron Tevis or Jake Roh. I could be way off base but if we bring in those types, we get to know the head coaches at those high schools, build good will, and also when the top guys start looking they have friends on our team etc. Just a thought and welcome any comments from guys who know phoenix high school football better then me
Ok I am annoyed and reposting this as much more important topic then who is right and who is wrong about Arizona football. who cares about that sort of stuff, I care about us making a rose bowl
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

ANGCatFan wrote:You were asked to leave Scout because you made every thread about you and derailed football discussion.

The rest of us come to the boards to discuss the Wildcats. You come to promote yourself and your causes or opinions.
You must spread rep before giving it to ANGCatFan again.
Formerly McLurvin
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Newportcat wrote:I honestly do not think Arizona will ever recruit its home state well. I think for all other U of A sports, we do a great job at it, but for Arizona football it just seems like we never consistently recruit the state well because top talent either

A. Grew up going to ASU games so if they stay in state/local they figure just go to ASU

Seems like every couple years we will get a good instate player but on the whole always been tough. As Rich Rod has said, its tough to get in-state guys to visit us. I have always thought the way to build the instate pipeline is take flyers on the tweeners from the big time schools like Hamilton, Chandler, Saguaro etc. Like Julian Carter. 3 star WR who is 6'2 who is going to Boise State. Why not offer him. Or HAMILCAR RASHED who is going to Oregon State. Now both guys are tweeners but I think in state guys are less likely to get home sick or leave and at least you start building up a pipeline. We have done it a couple times with guys like Nate Phillips but seems like there is always guys we never offer who turn into good players like Blake Martinez or Aaron Tevis or Jake Roh. I could be way off base but if we bring in those types, we get to know the head coaches at those high schools, build good will, and also when the top guys start looking they have friends on our team etc. Just a thought and welcome any comments from guys who know phoenix high school football better then me
When was last time has Arizona football ever recruit their own state heavily.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:Sure thing DC. Casteel was unreal. Greatest DC that Arizona has ever seen. It's a shame that he was bamboozeled at Arizona. Shame on Rich Rod for not seeing his greatness and screaming at him in practices to bring the corners up on the receivers. It's a shame the rest of the football world and fans didn't recognize his adjustments that came during halftime and making the offense have to scamper to score. His no in game adjustments were complete genius. I'm sure he'll fit at a Penn State, Alabama or maybe even Wisconsin because of his defensive prowess. All hail Coach Casteel! I hope that when the next HC comes here that he brings Casteel back so we can all be blessed to watch his genius again.
Chief When did Casteel every adjust of adapt in certain games in the four years we all have watch are team perform. That bend don't break BS didn't do a god damn thing.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Newportcat wrote:

Ok I am annoyed and reposting this as much more important topic then who is right and who is wrong about Arizona football. who cares about that sort of stuff, I care about us making a rose bowl
And how can we make the rose bowl when our HC cant tough decision on who is going to be our DC and what scheme were going to run.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:And how can we make the rose bowl when our HC cant tough decision on who is going to be our DC and what scheme were going to run.
Say what?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:And how can we make the rose bowl when our HC cant tough decision on who is going to be our DC and what scheme were going to run.
Say what?
I mean was How can we make the rose when our HC cant make toughs decision on who to hired as DC and what scheme were going to run.

You know could of easily understood what it meant.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Say what?
I mean was How can we make the rose when our HC cant make toughs decision on who to hired as DC and what scheme were going to run.

For all we know those decisions have already been made. I do not believe that, by state law, a position can be filled until 10 days after it has been posted.

My guess is a decision will be announced as soo as it can be.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

What a mess. Yikes.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

chiefzona wrote:What a mess. Yikes.
Fish on
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Why are you a UA fan? You seem much more enamored with USC.

I would be curious to know what you think of how the USC program has been managed since Carroll left? I believe you thought Orgeron should have been name in lieu of Sark. Not sure which was the lesser of 2 evils.

I have been less than enchanted with the UA regime of late, but i am much more satisfied than if I were a fan of Troy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Say what?

What I don't understand is how you jumped to the conclusion that RR can't make tough decisions. Didn't he just fire his long-time friends? Do you think hiring new coordinators is some kind of process that should take a couple of days?
Is this more of that "truth" you're peddling there Chief Snakeoil?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

whatisee wrote:
Fish on
Okkkkkkk..... For those not in the know, what have you guys heard?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

See that is exactly how you stir the pot. Sometthing so good as in getting a new DC is turned into a how bad is RR handling this thing.

Chief would be the worst kind of teammate, coworker and fan of a program. It has nothing to do with demanding excellence of the program
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azcat49 wrote:

See that is exactly how you stir the pot. Sometthing so good as in getting a new DC is turned into a how bad is RR handling this thing.

Chief would be the worst kind of teammate, coworker and fan of a program. It has nothing to do with demanding excellence of the program
Whenever I see Chief's nick now, I think of Napoleon Dynamite's older brother, camped out in the prairie in a van, filming himself throwing footballs into an empty pasture. I can hear him lamenting, " Oh if I only that guy would have gotten hurt, I would have gotten a break".
I think Chief is angry because RR doesn't acknowledge him as the true expert and confer with him on all of his decisions. After all, Chief played high school football and was a passionate leader.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Whenever I see Chief's nick now, I think of Napoleon Dynamite's older brother, camped out in the prairie in a van, filming himself throwing footballs into an empty pasture. I can hear him lamenting, " Oh if I only that guy would have gotten hurt, I would have gotten a break".
I think Chief is angry because RR doesn't acknowledge him as the true expert and confer with him on all of his decisions. After all, Chief played high school football and was a passionate leader.
Plus he can throw the ball over them mountains...
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Hahhahaaaa That there is funny
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

This is actually one of the funniest things I've read. I had a good laugh! Thanks. I never played a down at QB though. Instead it would me in the pasture with a sled or tackling dummy. Haha! Thanks grumpster!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Plus he can throw the ball over them mountains...
I can punt farther than I can throw it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:

I would be curious to know what you think of how the USC program has been managed since Carroll left? I believe you thought Orgeron should have been name in lieu of Sark. Not sure which was the lesser of 2 evils.

I have been less than enchanted with the UA regime of late, but i am much more satisfied than if I were a fan of Troy.

Fan? You mean like in fanatic. I'm not a fanatic for any team if that's the true meaning of fan. Enamored with USC? No. I grew up with it and my Dad was a player, alum, and scout later on down the line but I never went there. I respect the traditions but I have no stock in USC. USC has floundered since Carroll but they still are trying to recapture the glory by repeating the same thing over and over. Insanity. I like Eddie O but I'm not sure if he could have done much better. It's fun to think about though. I'm not enchanted at all with the regime in Tucson.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Fan? You mean like in fanatic. I'm not a fanatic for any team if that's the true meaning of fan. Enamored with USC? No. I grew up with it and my Dad was a player, alum, and scout later on down the line but I never went there. I respect the traditions but I have no stock in USC. USC has floundered since Carroll but they still are trying to recapture the glory by repeating the same thing over and over. Insanity. I like Eddie O but I'm not sure if he could have done much better. It's fun to think about though. I'm not enchanted at all with the regime in Tucson.
And this is a guy who has access to past and current players. The damage he can cause is endless. He pulls the rope in the opposite direction.

As I have read he was asked to leave the scout boards so he has been identifies as a locker room cancer there and he is a program cancer.

It's to bad because he has some knowledge but since he is not acknowledged to the levels he desires he has to take the critical, extreme position to get heard.

Pound those drums chief, pound them. Weep not for those that are negative, as they are contagious
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

And this is a guy who has access to past and current players. The damage he can cause is endless. He pulls the rope in the opposite direction.

As I have read he was asked to leave the scout boards so he has been identifies as a locker room cancer there and he is a program cancer.

It's to bad because he has some knowledge but since he is not acknowledged to the levels he desires he has to take the critical, extreme position to get heard.

Pound those drums chief, pound them. Weep not for those that are negative, as they are contagious
You forgot future players as well. In the business of football, you cannot have loyalties unless you are paid by a school or company. I have no allegiance. Damage? It's debatable. I can definitely plant seeds yet cultivate like a farmer.

I was not asked to leave the Scout board. I left on my own. I was however kicked of another board that had nothing to do with Arizona football.

I'm acknowledged just fine thanks. There is no extreme position when on a message board expressing opinions unless you are in Nazi Germany with a gun to your head. Don't forget that this is a message board, not a place where everyone has to agree.

Drums I am not pounding. I don't have to....it's being done for me. Never weep. Just appreciate.
Last edited by chiefzona on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Let's shift gears away from Chief for a moment....

I looked up the posting, and noticed that the job is contingent on passing a fingerprint background check. The U is very serious about background checks, especially after the whole track coach debacle. Any employee has to pass a background check before hiring is final, I've seen perfect hires blown up by a background and DMV check.

A smart candidate would have a fingerprint background check run by a qualified source to hand over at the interview.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

wyo-cat wrote:Let's shift gears away from Chief for a moment....

I looked up the posting, and noticed that the job is contingent on passing a fingerprint background check. The U is very serious about background checks, especially after the whole track coach debacle. Any employee has to pass a background check before hiring is final, I've seen perfect hires blown up by a background and DMV check.

A smart candidate would have a fingerprint background check run by a qualified source to hand over at the interview.

They have to post that to quell any possible lawsuit.
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Great post
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:I was not asked to leave the Scout board. I left on my own. I was however kicked of another board that had nothing to do with Arizona football.
I can tell just how proud you are. Troll on troll.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I was not asked to leave the Scout board. I left on my own. I was however kicked of another board that had nothing to do with Arizona football.

It was a baseball board for my favorite team. I wasn't trolling at all. I was just done with the ownership and mediocrity of the team.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I bet if you were a Warrior fan, you would be posting on their board: "See I told you the team is nothing without Curry, If anyone in the front office knew what they were doing.....blah blah blah"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
It was a baseball board for my favorite team. I wasn't trolling at all. I was just done with the ownership and mediocrity of the team.
But you are trolling here.
chiefzona wrote:I enjoy being the Grinch of Arizona Football.

If only THIS had been true...
chiefzona wrote:My work is done here.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
But you are trolling here.
chiefzona wrote:I enjoy being the Grinch of Arizona Football.

If only THIS had been true...
chiefzona wrote:My work is done here.
That's not trolling. That's me having fun near Christmas. It will be true, don't you worry. ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good. Bye.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:I bet if you were a Warrior fan, you would be posting on their board: "See I told you the team is nothing without Curry, If anyone in the front office knew what they were doing.....blah blah blah"

I'm a Celtics follower and I am good with the direction they are going. Warriors front office knew what they were doing.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

As long as DC still floats onto this board every now and then, I will be here. The day he flies, I will too. Now, I've heard that they'll be some developments and announced at the team meeting. Hold onto your Wilbur cowboy hats and wave those Pom poms girls.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Say what?

What I don't understand is how you jumped to the conclusion that RR can't make tough decisions. Didn't he just fire his long-time friends? Do you think hiring new coordinators is some kind of process that should take a couple of days?
Is this more of that "truth" you're peddling there Chief Snakeoil?
Spot on as usual chi. Thing is I don't think RR expected Casteel to go and I say that because he had just gotten a LB commit. You don't do that if you plan on leaving less than a week later. Case in point was the kid decommitted shortly after it was announced that Casteel was leaving. No way he accepts a committ from the kid if he knew he was leaving less than a week later. Word on the street is RR wanted Kirlav to retire and Kirlav didn't want to do that so RR was left with no choice but to say it's time. Casteel says if Kirlav goes, I'm going and at the point RR had no choice but to say "see ya".

Kirlav needed to retire quite frankly and what happened shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. I'm sure RR felt that adding Addae and another dynamic recruiter to the defensive side of the ball would help Casteel immensely. RR has a ton of respect for Casteel and like most people not named Chief, knows that the guy can coach.

Once Casteel leaves it then becomes a little sticky as most DC's that you hire will want to bring at least one position coach that they're familiar with along with them. Which is also another reason why Casteel might've left because all of "his guys" were gone after Kirlav left and maybe he didn't want to start over with guys he didn't know? So RR is either looking strictly to hire a DC and let him hire a DL coach or RR is going to hire both positions. It's not a mess as Chief describes, it's in fact being done very close to the vest. RR has interviewed guys and will continue to do so while he's in San Antonio and not even those closest to RR have a clue as to who the next DC will be.

It's pretty obvious or it should be to those who follow RR in that he likes to surround himself with coaches that he knows and trusts. The OL coach Jim Mac was the OL coach and OC for Tedford (Who RR has said publicly is his closest friend in the coaching ranks) so that was a no brainer. He promotes Caponi from within, Addae from within, word is that he wants to promote Amey to DL coach which would also be from within. Point being, where is this a mess? RR knows exactly what he's doing and he's doing it as he sees fit. He didn't want Casteel to leave and wanted to promote Amey to DL coach but it didn't workout because Casteel would've been the one who had to adjust. Lockwood was the guy who signaled the plays in and I'm sure Casteel spoke directly to Kirlav up in the press box as to what he saw on the field. All of that was gone and Casteel was going to be the one who had to adjust - he chose not to do that. The interesting part is going to be whether RR's DC gets to bring a DL coach with him or is RR making that hire?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:As long as DC still floats onto this board every now and then, I will be here. The day he flies, I will too. Now, I've heard that they'll be some developments and announced at the team meeting. Hold onto your Wilbur cowboy hats and wave those Pom poms girls.
Chief, stop listening to the disgruntled players parents as they don't know shit. RR isn't even in town so how are they going to have a meeting? He's in San Antonio and the team meeting that you're talking about isn't until the 14th. Even then, I doubt RR tells them who the DC is.
WildcatLouis

Post by WildcatLouis »

Chief, why do you now get off on annoying people on these boards? You used to be a somewhat normal contributor prior to your Kahlil McKenzie fail. After people discovered that you do not know as much as you think you know, you seemed to go off the deep end. I really cannot comprehend the need to be such an egotistical prick that compels you to turn every thread into a discussion about you. If you feel the need to be so masturbatory, go do it the old fashioned way and leave the rest of us alone.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:As long as DC still floats onto this board every now and then, I will be here. The day he flies, I will too. Now, I've heard that they'll be some developments and announced at the team meeting. Hold onto your Wilbur cowboy hats and wave those Pom poms girls.
Chief, stop listening to the disgruntled players parents as they don't know shit. RR isn't even in town so how are they going to have a meeting? He's in San Antonio and the team meeting that you're talking about isn't until the 14th. Even then, I doubt RR tells them who the DC is.

DC- just sit back and watch. Wait for the team meeting. I never said anything about the DC. I'm so glad you float down here though. I miss our bromance. ;)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

WildcatLouis wrote:Chief, why do you now get off on annoying people on these boards? You used to be a somewhat normal contributor prior to your Kahlil McKenzie fail. After people discovered that you do not know as much as you think you know, you seemed to go off the deep end. I really cannot comprehend the need to be such an egotistical prick that compels you to turn every thread into a discussion about you. If you feel the need to be so masturbatory, go do it the old fashioned way and leave the rest of us alone.
Whatever happened to UACats? Is he posting elsewhere?

I do like Chief's posts, and especially his knowledge of conditioning, which no one here has.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

How exactly is this a mess? RR fired two of his friends to find a new guy and it's been what maybe a week? Technically the job was posted last Wednesday so RR will have to wait till next Wednesday to officially "hire" his guy, but there's ways around that and It'll probably leak. He is moving fast and he has two more days at the coaching convention to interview or talk to guys. This is far from a mess. Maybe if we don't have a guy announced by next Wednesday, but I bet he gets done here real soon.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

DC- just sit back and watch. Wait for the team meeting. I never said anything about the DC. I'm so glad you float down here though. I miss our bromance. ;)
Again, what team meeting? Or are you confusing that with the presser that you said was suppose to happen today? Dude, you don't have any idea what's going on and if somebody is telling you that they know then they're full of shit as well.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

Again, what team meeting? Or are you confusing that with the presser that you said was suppose to happen today? Dude, you don't have any idea what's going on and if somebody is telling you that they know then they're full of shit as well.
DC- my Tweet about the presser was a question being asked, not a statement. Go back and look. Your son is the big info guy for the PAC 12 network. Ask him. Maybe he knows something. :D Yeah, I know nothing at all. At the team meeting later this week it'll probably be just a hey guys.....welcome back, we are gonna push you hard this season....need you to work out all year like Scooby did. Listen to your coaches. If you have an injury problem let our stellar trainers know and *coughs into fist* *unintelligable sounds* that's all I got....here's a quick nae nae dance and let's be champions!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Go away.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Go away.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (73.16 KiB) Viewed 895 times
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

WildcatLouis wrote:Chief, why do you now get off on annoying people on these boards? You used to be a somewhat normal contributor prior to your Kahlil McKenzie fail. After people discovered that you do not know as much as you think you know, you seemed to go off the deep end. I really cannot comprehend the need to be such an egotistical prick that compels you to turn every thread into a discussion about you. If you feel the need to be so masturbatory, go do it the old fashioned way and leave the rest of us alone.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

That's a solid post #12 for you. I hope we get to see #13 much sooner than later. Me a normal contributor? No way. What board was I a normal contributor? I don't get paid for that trash like some. Haha. I don't turn every thread into a discussion about me....people bad mouth and question, so I respond. If anything it is other posters that make it about me. Just like your above post...you're making it about me. After Khalil I went off the deep end? I was never in the shallow end. Haha. Leave you alone? You've posted 12 times on this board. Are you a sock or just like reading? If I was once a normal contributor, what does that make you? No contributions but a 12 post trying to slam someone for his opinion? Interesting. Take it easy buddy and start contributing more and I'll follow your lead.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dc4azcats wrote:
DC who else would he be talking too? #notaglueguy #pullingtheropeintheoppositedirection
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Chief, did you really spend a paragraph on someones post count? Yikes.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

OSUCat wrote:Chief, did you really spend a paragraph on someones post count? Yikes.

I did and it made me feel like the GOAZ days. I feel spirited again. The normal contributor got me going. I've never been normal. Haha
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

DC- my Tweet about the presser was a question being asked, not a statement. Go back and look. Your son is the big info guy for the PAC 12 network. Ask him. Maybe he knows something. :D Yeah, I know nothing at all. At the team meeting later this week it'll probably be just a hey guys.....welcome back, we are gonna push you hard this season....need you to work out all year like Scooby did. Listen to your coaches. If you have an injury problem let our stellar trainers know and *coughs into fist* *unintelligable sounds* that's all I got....here's a quick nae nae dance and let's be champions!
First off I don't appreciate you bringing my son into a conversation, especially one that has nothing to do with him. Stop being a jackass and reaching for shit. I can talk to any number of media guys or folks at McKale who know whether a meeting or presser has been called and what it's about. It really isn't that big of a deal. Speaking of big deals - Gershon gave me the same treatment Scheer gave you - difference is I didn't think it was something I needed to tell the world about. Mainly because I didn't think anybody would care.

The meeting is going to be about the coaching changes and why they were made. On the 14th because everybody will be back on campus. I'm sure some will be unhappy as quite a few guys understandably liked and respected both coaches. Some might be happy (Cobb, Ware, and Griffin certainly come to mind) as they get a new lease on life. Whether they decide to take advantage of it is up to them. This isn't a democracy and RR has been like that from the get go. You know how many players - when they met with RR for the first time asked that he keep the strength and conditioning guys that Stoops had brought in? Almost every guy and you know what RR said to each and every guy? "You're going to love the guys I have coming in to run our strength and conditioning program."