Welcome Aboard Marcel Yates Arizona's New DC

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dc4azcats

Re: Who will be Arizona's new DC?

Post by dc4azcats »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Lol, Tony Gibson as new DC...?

Don't think so. Gibby left in bad terms with RR. With the defensive staff now fractured (Lockwood, Casteel, Kirlav) I wouldn't be surprised if some on existing staff left for WVU under DC Gibson.

With new guy coming in etc, and not being his guys... Uncertain future stability.
Who is leaving that hasn't already left? Caponi? He was promoted by RR and replaced Gibson. Addae just got promoted and the other two spots are open.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

dc4azcats wrote:

Don't think so. Gibby left in bad terms with RR. With the defensive staff now fractured (Lockwood, Casteel, Kirlav) I wouldn't be surprised if some on existing staff left for WVU under DC Gibson.

With new guy coming in etc, and not being his guys... Uncertain future stability.
Who is leaving that hasn't already left? Caponi? He was promoted by RR and replaced Gibson. Addae just got promoted and the other two spots are open.

Not saying anyone leaving for certain... Saying I wouldn't be surprised if any did. Way it works many times in CFB. Like recruiting coaching changes/hires are based on relationships. RR coaching tree has many of them. Many of them direct relationships. Others indirect with people RR has hired over the years. Has for a long time. Know there is some not so friendly between many in that tree now.

Of course Caponi and Addae have direct relationship with Gibson. Yes, RR promoted those two. Even if not immediate, any new DC will want some ability to have his own guys. Not saying he will get that opportunity, but it's harder to attract DC candidates with "we'll hire you as DC and we'll give you many of my guys to lead". It happens, but just like anywhere, you have to give a new DC some space to succeed or fail on their own. Just creates some staff uncertainty. Many times when only a DC hired and with none of his guys, easy for a DC to make scapegoats to point to if things not progressing quickly enough.

Yes, Gibson just so happened not to renew some of his defensive assistant contracts recently and there are couple openings. Similar schemes, similar knowledge. Stability. His guys, comfortable etc. Just wouldn't surprise me.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

mjizzle025 wrote:I have some friends on the team and I read this board all the time, but I'm tired of everything that is inaccurate. Casteel did not quit, he was fired. The people around the team say Rodriguez wanted to announced it to the team this week, but one of the coaches told a recruit and it got out. If it wasn't made public that morning, it would have leaked and Rich hates that shit. Tony Gibson isn't an option because he and Rich hate each other. You're full of shit chief, you don't know anything. You talk to two player's dads and they don't even play. They don't know shit either and we all laugh when you talk to them and try to get them to join up with you in your crap. Nobody knows who the defensive coordinator is and nobody knows when it is going to get announced.

So your first post is about me. I call shenanigans because I guarantee you are trying to protect an interest. No one for the exception of RR knows what happened between RR and Casteel in the closed door convo. I never said he quit....I said it smells of it because RR and Byrne do not play behind the 8 ball crap. So now I know you don't read this board or you would have read that. I never said Tony Gibson was going to be the DC on this board. Not once. Another proof of you not being on this board and making stuff up. I don't talk to two Dads I talk to one and he can't stand me and says outlandish stuff with an occasional truth. He's buddies with some guys on the Scout board and he's on this board now.....I don't disclose the info he gives me so, now you really look dumb and are protecting an interest. Get paid for providing Arizona athletics info, perhaps? Haha! Sure.....RR knows exactly who the DC is. Cha ching....make your money man and keep posting crap. Great first post to choose and you screwed up all the info. :lol:

PS....I accept bribes for staying silent. :mrgreen:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Don't be surprised if there are more coaching changes. Addition by subtraction says I.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

chiefzona wrote:PS....I accept bribes for staying silent. :mrgreen:

(Sorry, couldn't resist :mrgreen: )
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azpenguin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:PS....I accept bribes for staying silent. :mrgreen:

(Sorry, couldn't resist :mrgreen: )

Make it rain! :!:
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

Not saying anyone leaving for certain... Saying I wouldn't be surprised if any did. Way it works many times in CFB. Like recruiting coaching changes/hires are based on relationships. RR coaching tree has many of them. Many of them direct relationships. Others indirect with people RR has hired over the years. Has for a long time. Know there is some not so friendly between many in that tree now.

Of course Caponi and Addae have direct relationship with Gibson. Yes, RR promoted those two. Even if not immediate, any new DC will want some ability to have his own guys. Not saying he will get that opportunity, but it's harder to attract DC candidates with "we'll hire you as DC and we'll give you many of my guys to lead". It happens, but just like anywhere, you have to give a new DC some space to succeed or fail on their own. Just creates some staff uncertainty. Many times when only a DC hired and with none of his guys, easy for a DC to make scapegoats to point to if things not progressing quickly enough.

Yes, Gibson just so happened not to renew some of his defensive assistant contracts recently and there are couple openings. Similar schemes, similar knowledge. Stability. His guys, comfortable etc. Just wouldn't surprise me.
Caponi was hired and promoted by RR so I seriously doubt he goes anywhere as his loyalty lies with RR and not Gibson. Addae was just promoted by RR so I also doubt that he's going anywhere either. Both are tied to RR and since he's the head guy, I doubt that they're concerned about a new DC.

I do agree that it is a tricky situation for a new DC as they usually like to bring, at the very least, one coach with them. In this case that would be a DL coach but if he's not a known commodity as far as recruiting goes, can't see RR letting that happen. It's not an easy hire for RR as he's basically telling any new DC that two coaches are already in place and they aren't going anywhere. You have one spot open and if you have a person in mind, he better be a damn good recruiter - if he's not then I'm hiring the DL coach. You could argue that it might limit who RR gets as his DC and I would argue that RR doesn't care. He's all about surrounding himself with loyal coaches that he can trust and right now he's about hiring coaches that can recruit on the defensive side of the ball.
mjizzle025

Post by mjizzle025 »

chiefzona wrote:
mjizzle025 wrote:I have some friends on the team and I read this board all the time, but I'm tired of everything that is inaccurate. Casteel did not quit, he was fired. The people around the team say Rodriguez wanted to announced it to the team this week, but one of the coaches told a recruit and it got out. If it wasn't made public that morning, it would have leaked and Rich hates that shit. Tony Gibson isn't an option because he and Rich hate each other. You're full of shit chief, you don't know anything. You talk to two player's dads and they don't even play. They don't know shit either and we all laugh when you talk to them and try to get them to join up with you in your crap. Nobody knows who the defensive coordinator is and nobody knows when it is going to get announced.

So your first post is about me. I call shenanigans because I guarantee you are trying to protect an interest. No one for the exception of RR knows what happened between RR and Casteel in the closed door convo. I never said he quit....I said it smells of it because RR and Byrne do not play behind the 8 ball crap. So now I know you don't read this board or you would have read that. I never said Tony Gibson was going to be the DC on this board. Not once. Another proof of you not being on this board and making stuff up. I don't talk to two Dads I talk to one and he can't stand me and says outlandish stuff with an occasional truth. He's buddies with some guys on the Scout board and he's on this board now.....I don't disclose the info he gives me so, now you really look dumb and are protecting an interest. Get paid for providing Arizona athletics info, perhaps? Haha! Sure.....RR knows exactly who the DC is. Cha ching....make your money man and keep posting crap. Great first post to choose and you screwed up all the info. :lol:

You're a clown, bro. You talk to Marcus and Josh's dad. I know that for a fact. You flirt with Marcus' dad on twitter all the time and we always make fun of you. It's a freaking joke. I don't get paid for shit. I'm a friend of some of the players. You accept bribes and try to get kids to join up with your athletes armory shit. You're a pimp, tweeting kids for information and pretending like you're going to help them. Your Twitter is one of the funniest things we read. I never said that or I never said this. No, you insinuate it like crazy and when someone calls you out on how dumb it is you say you never said it. Give me a fucking break dude. My first post is about you because all you do is hurt the guys you harass and the recruits you talk to because you talk shit about Arizona every chance you get.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Can we get back to the discussion please.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

You talk to two player's dads and they don't even play. They don't know shit either ??? next time Scheer DM's asking questions I'll think of you
Last edited by Dkenner on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

mjizzle025 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

You're a clown, bro. You talk to Marcus and Josh's dad. I know that for a fact. You flirt with Marcus' dad on twitter all the time and we always make fun of you. It's a freaking joke. I don't get paid for shit. I'm a friend of some of the players. You accept bribes and try to get kids to join up with your athletes armory shit. You're a pimp, tweeting kids for information and pretending like you're going to help them. Your Twitter is one of the funniest things we read. I never said that or I never said this. No, you insinuate it like crazy and when someone calls you out on how dumb it is you say you never said it. Give me a fucking break dude. My first post is about you because all you do is hurt the guys you harass and the recruits you talk to because you talk shit about Arizona every chance you get.
Confirmation of Chiefs cancerous character. Very damaging to the program. And Chief did say Casteel quit in his post to DC which he probably edited by now.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

hearing Jeff Casteel is the new DC at UTEP
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Dkenner wrote:hearing Jeff Casteel is the new DC at UTEP
Will his son transfer?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
mjizzle025

Post by mjizzle025 »

Dkenner wrote:You talk to two player's dads and they don't even play. They don't know shit either ??? next time Scheer DM's asking questions I'll think of you
You can think of me all you want. I don't talk to Scheer and I have never met him. if you don't want to give him stuff, don't. I don't give a shit. You give chief stuff and he sits there and rips Arizona and you don't know anything about it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Dkenner wrote:hearing Jeff Casteel is the new DC at UTEP

Interesting. Glad he found employment so quick
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

your way out of bounds, Chief been kicking up dirt way before i came around, if you think my thoughts are his words then My kid would have Transferred. I talk to several people from Tucson and always have the best intentions when i do so. Stop being a fanatic, take a breathe, Things are never as bad as they seem.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

Arizona safeties coach Matt Caponi is headed to West Virginia per sources http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop....." target="_blank.
Last edited by Dkenner on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Dkenner wrote:Arizona safeties coach Matt Caponi is headed to West Virginia per sources http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop....." target="_blank. but I didnt know that 4 days ago did I?
Shows you what I know? :lol: :lol: Now the new DC can bring in 2 guys which makes RR's job a little easier.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

mjizzle025 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Apparently, you are the clown here. I have never spoke with Josh's Dad ever. So, once again, you heard something from one source who out of respect I won't name, and you blast the info and it's wrong. I am a friend of some of the current, past, and future players and it's funny that I'm regarded highly. So much so that some of the players now are going to be helping me out with my Son. So, I might be a bear on the boards at times, but it's funny how people in the Arizona football world and the football world in general know that I'm not all bad and damaging. I'm actually helpful. 3 guys on the roster now have had a little help from me and some coaches I know. I don't hurt anyone in the process because guys I have associated with are former and current wildcats. Your perception may be different but you are wrong. When I'm on these boards I speak for me. I am not happy with the state of Arizona football right now. But, I believe it can have a good future. Relax dude. Take some breaths. Beardown.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I was trying to give you a hint DC. I kept saying there's a change coming.
Sid

Post by Sid »

dc4azcats wrote:
Dkenner wrote:Arizona safeties coach Matt Caponi is headed to West Virginia per sources http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop....." target="_blank. but I didnt know that 4 days ago did I?
Shows you what I know? :lol: :lol: Now the new DC can bring in 2 guys which makes RR's job a little easier.

Good! They can feel free to bring recruits with them too.... :D

More the merrier.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Wow. I can't keep up with who's who and who does or doesn't know what around here. The intrigue . . .

Caponi to WVU . . . the dominoes, they're a fallin'
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Might explain why AZ been offering WV recruits lately... Rough business, but it's business. Sometimes vicious...
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Can we just ban Chief already, or relegate him to the Arch Rivals forum. Does every thread about Arizona football really have to turn into the Chief show?

P.S. Stuff is going to happen, I can't tell you what exactly and will leave it vague enough to cover all my bases. I'll remind you in a week or two after the fact that I told you so.
Last edited by gronk4heisman on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

I really hope we get Coach Joe, I dont know what chance we have but he should be given the chance
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Dkenner wrote:I really hope we get Coach Joe, I dont know what chance we have but he should be given the chance
I don't see us getting any positional coaches until we get a DC, and if we offered Joe the DC he would be here in a second though I personally don't think he is ready for that kind of promotion.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

gronk4heisman wrote:Can we just ban Chief already, or relegate him to the Arch Rivals forum. Does every thread about Arizona football really have to turn into the Chief show?

P.S. Stuff is going to happen, i'll remind you in a week or two after the fact that I told you so.
Seconded.

Not surprised Capini would look elsewhere. That side of the ball was a sunk ship and I am sure the new guy would be evaluating there performance and at bedt, there slope is a slippery one
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

gronk4heisman wrote:Can we just ban Chief already, or relegate him to the Arch Rivals forum. Does every thread about Arizona football really have to turn into the Chief show?

P.S. Stuff is going to happen, i'll remind you in a week or two after the fact that I told you so.
Seconded.

Not surprised Caponi would look elsewhere. That side of the ball was a sunk ship and I am sure the new guy would be evaluating there performance and at bedt, there slope is a slippery one
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

4-2-5 to stay alive. 4-3, you won't see me. 3-4, no slammed door, 3-3-5, we all cry.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

mjizzle025 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

:lol: :lol:
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

azcat49 wrote:

Seconded.

Not surprised Caponi would look elsewhere. That side of the ball was a sunk ship and I am sure the new guy would be evaluating there performance and at bedt, there slope is a slippery one
What I've been asking for since well, forever.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jeez, I step away from the board for a few hours.....

:roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

I haven't been on here since Casteel got fired. Glad to see nothing's changed.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:Jeez, I step away from the board for a few hours.....

:roll:
I guess some just don't respect your thread-locking cred . . .
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I'd still be down for Justin Wilcox. Just checked the Oregon 247 board and it sounds like their DC search is just as mum as ours is at the moment. They don't have a clue either.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

P.S. Stuff is going to happen, I can't tell you what exactly and will leave it vague enough to cover all my bases. I'll remind you in a week or two after the fact that I told you so.
I've put him on ignore. I should have done it as far back as the Denker-Scroggins battle. NFL arm, my ass.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

BearDown89 wrote:I'd still be down for Justin Wilcox. Just checked the Oregon 247 board and it sounds like their DC search is just as mum as ours is at the moment. They don't have a clue either.

They are saying that Sirmon and Wilcox are both in the running. You'd want Wilcox as the Arizona DC?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sirmon to Mississippi State.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:Sirmon to Mississippi State.

Indeed. Well, Wilcox to Oregon becomes a lot more plausible.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

chiefzona wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:I'd still be down for Justin Wilcox. Just checked the Oregon 247 board and it sounds like their DC search is just as mum as ours is at the moment. They don't have a clue either.

They are saying that Sirmon and Wilcox are both in the running. You'd want Wilcox as the Arizona DC?
Why not both?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Sirmon to Mississippi State.
Oh well, my totally uninformed gut feeling was wrong.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Why not both?

Wilcox at Arizona would be a near disaster.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

chiefzona wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Why not both?

Wilcox at Arizona would be a near disaster.
What it be disaster blog he went Oregon?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

chiefzona wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Why not both?

Wilcox at Arizona would be a near disaster.[/b]

Sure. Why not? He's a good coach. His BSU defenses under Pete were stellar. He's been around the block, the Pac12, the West Coast, etc. Assuming he has the recruiting ties everyone is so desirous of. BSU's out-recruiting us it seems.

Why?

Sounds like Oregon though if Sirmon has moved on.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

All this talk of who would be a disaster but none regarding who would be good. I see...
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:All this talk of who would be a disaster but none regarding who would be good. I see...
I know right. Make some damn suggestions Chief instead of just shooting everything down off the bat. Who are the up and comers out there for this job?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm curious about Wilcox too.

4 different stints as DC.

Pretty stellar resume, especially his work at BSU since they don't get the horses either.

2006–2009 Boise State (DC)
2010–2011 Tennessee (DC)
2012–2013 Washington (DC)
2014–2015 USC (DC)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

BearDown89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:All this talk of who would be a disaster but none regarding who would be good. I see...
I know right. Make some damn suggestions Chief instead of just shooting everything down off the bat. Who are the up and comers out there for this job?
Mike Cox (not a joke...his real name)
Justin Ena
Angus McClure
Jimmy Lake
Kevin Kane
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

chiefzona wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
Mike Cox (not a joke...his real name)
Justin Ena
Angus McClure
Jimmy Lake
Kevin Kane
Now see there kids you have to be firm with Chief, but not insulting or impolite. You have some names now. Do your research and report back here in a couple of hours. I have to take the dog for a walk.