2017 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: 2017 recruits/commitment thread

Post by chiefzona »

carcassdragger wrote:[quote="chiefzona Where's this inside claiming thing coming from? Inside of what?
Oh my god. Really?[/quote]

Ya. Seriously.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:I've always been told behind closed doors that my honesty is commendable and that's even with people inside the program.
You keep spewing your bullshit . . . I'll keep calling you on it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Sid wrote:Crappy offer list: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State......

Our boys are doing work and I like it!

I don't believe he was offered by Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.
Well, Miami of Ohio is close isn't it? Also Mississippi State is correct.
My bad. Too excited I guess and jumped the gun.

Can't wait for ball!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I've always been told behind closed doors that my honesty is commendable and that's even with people inside the program.
You keep spewing your bullshit . . . I'll keep calling you on it.

Not me inside the program.....people inside the program. Haha. Im not an insider. I've never said I was. You keep fighting that good fight though. :lol: No one is inside the program. RR keeps a tight ship.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So you claim to talk to people inside the program but you say you haven't claimed to be an insider?

Do you read what you write and believe it? What a joke.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:So you claim to talk to people inside the program but you say you haven't claimed to be an insider?

Talking with a coach or player or someone very close to the program doesn't make one an insider. I have a business that allows me access to more information than the average bear but that doesn't make me an insider. I've always said I'm an outsider looking in. I would never want to be inside the program. All of your so called "insiders" get paid to spew the inside line. I get contacted by these "insiders" asking me if I've heard anything. Usually, I see a Tweet soon afterwards that is the info I gave. That's fine with me. I'm just a guy. I love football just like all of you and help kids get scholarships. I'm a free agent and give free info.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Free info like some kid is "terrible"?

You and your info are both shitty. And your semantic arguments are worthless. You claim insider knowledge and then post like the never-was you are.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Free info like some kid is "terrible"?

You and your info are both shitty.

Then ignore me if you feel that is the case. You don't have to respond. The kid is terrible at some basics on OL. Especially, at guard. He is sub par at tackle but decent at NT. If that's shitty then so be it. Mute me or kick me off the board. It's just an opinion. :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:

Then ignore me if you feel that is the case. You don't have to respond. The kid is terrible at some basics on OL. Especially, at guard. He is sub par at tackle but decent at NT. If that's shitty then so be it. Mute me or kick me off the board. It's just an opinion. :D
If you don't like my opinion of your shitty opinions YOU can ignore ME. You don't have to respond. Mute me. It's just an opinion that you have a way overinflated ego and some horrendously awful takes.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:So you claim to talk to people inside the program but you say you haven't claimed to be an insider?

Talking with a coach or player or someone very close to the program doesn't make one an insider. I have a business that allows me access to more information than the average bear but that doesn't make me an insider. I've always said I'm an outsider looking in. I would never want to be inside the program. All of your so called "insiders" get paid to spew the inside line. I get contacted by these "insiders" asking me if I've heard anything. Usually, I see a Tweet soon afterwards that is the info I gave. That's fine with me. I'm just a guy. I love football just like all of you and help kids get scholarships. I'm a free agent and give free info.
Then you should be elated that a "terrible" kid got a schollie as well as the two kids who should have walked on.

Do you only help the Chief worthy kids? When it benefits YOU, you knock the coaches and you knock the kids. When it benefits YOU, you knock those who evaluate these kids or report on them and their committments.

Just a bad locker room guy, smh
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

If you don't like my opinion of your shitty opinions YOU can ignore ME. You don't have to respond. Mute me. It's just an opinion that you have a way overinflated ego and some horrendously awful takes.

I think you like me. I don't know anything about football at all. I have zero ego and all my takes are garbage and terrible. That's why I've been chased off every board.....then asked on same boards. Then chased off said boards. Then secretly contacted by guys who wanted me off of said boards. It's all a fun game. You gotta love football. It's why we are all here.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Then you should be elated that a "terrible" kid got a schollie as well as the two kids who should have walked on.

Do you only help the Chief worthy kids? When it benefits YOU, you knock the coaches and you knock the kids. When it benefits YOU, you knock those who evaluate these kids or report on them and their committments.

Just a bad locker room guy, smh
I'm happy for him. I hope Burrola proves me wrong. The reason why I said that I wished they could get Burrola and Dixon to walk on is that I see all the great talent who want to commit to Arizona. Yates and Williams have some good ones lined up so staff needs to not bite on the ones who are so low on the board. I help everyone. Nothing benefits me at all.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I think you like me. I don't know anything about football at all. I have zero ego and all my takes are garbage and terrible. That's why I've been chased off every board.....then asked on same boards. Then chased off said boards. Then secretly contacted by guys who wanted me off of said boards. It's all a fun game. You gotta love football. It's why we are all here.
Actually I'm here for the community and camaraderie. You seem to be here to stroke it to the idea that someone thinks you're important.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Actually I'm here for the community and camaraderie. You seem to be here to stroke it to the idea that someone thinks you're important.
Good for you. That is commendable. I'm not important at all. I'm just a guy who loves football. I would never want to be important. I leave that to the guys who get paid to tell y'all all of the good things. I was just the guy who badmouthed Casteel and his bs and all of a sudden....the Wildcat Nation and RR saw the truth. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You should put that little tidbit in the Athlete Armory twitter profile.

By the way, "high school" is two words. Not one.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:You should put that little tidbit in the Athlete Armory twitter profile.

Eh, I do just fine with what little is said in that profile. Highschool is one word with me just like football is one word. Thanks for the advice.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I saw a site had Dixon as the #2 ranked prospect in AZ. You get a local kid that high and you take him.

As for Burrola, if you work with kids as I know you do, how do you call him terrible. You do that because you are trying to knock somebody else down a notch.

Now you are taking credit for Casteel. There are enough posts going back to his hiring saying it was a mistake or that the scheme would not work in the PAC from no less than a dozen other posters so don't hurt yourself patting your self on the back
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I saw a site had Dixon as the #2 ranked prospect in AZ. You get a local kid that high and you take him.

As for Burrola, if you work with kids as I know you do, how do you call him terrible. You do that because you are trying to knock somebody else down a notch.

Now you are taking credit for Casteel. There are enough posts going back to his hiring saying it was a mistake or that the scheme would not work in the PAC from no less than a dozen other posters so don't hurt yourself patting your self on the back

I don't agree with that site. I'm a lone wolf, brother. I don't conform to the norm. My calling out of Burrola is me saying.....look at USC...they are mashing on recruiting OL guys and you (staff) pull this to keep up? Unsatisfactory. I do take credit for the Casteel bashing. I did it from day one and it was one of the reasons that I was ostracized by many. Including local radio and newspaper hacks. Even my biggest critics would agree that I was the most outspoken against the 3-3-5 and Casteel.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:You should put that little tidbit in the Athlete Armory twitter profile.

Eh, I do just fine with what little is said in that profile. Highschool is one word with me just like football is one word. Thanks for the advice.
You're cool with a blatant typo in your business's social media profile?

Terrible
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Get in line on Casteel. If you could h o back to the other dite, I abd many openly spoke about the 3-3-5 not working. We all spoke that from his hire. He didn't make a change because of us or you.

As for why they take a committment from a guy like Burrolla and don't wait, who knows. Lots of intracacies as you have noted in recruiting. We leave it to the guy who is most qualified and has the most to lose, RR
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I saw a site had Dixon as the #2 ranked prospect in AZ. You get a local kid that high and you take him.

I don't agree with that site. I'm a lone wolf, brother. I don't conform to the norm. My calling out of Burrola is me saying.....look at USC...they are mashing on recruiting OL guys and you (staff) pull this to keep up? Unsatisfactory. I do take credit for the Casteel bashing. I did it from day one and it was one of the reasons that I was ostracized by many. Including local radio and newspaper hacks. Even my biggest critics would agree that I was the most outspoken against the 3-3-5 and Casteel.

Wow! You're a big deal. Huh?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

You're cool with a blatant typo in your business's social media profile?

Terrible

Yeah, completely terrible. I should hire you as my advisor. ;-)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

carcassdragger wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Wow! You're a big deal. Huh?
No. I'm just a small nuisance.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I wonder who the next commit will be? (changing the subject) :?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scott Young has committed.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

catinfl wrote:Scott Young has committed.
I just saw that...his original tweet disappeared though. Curious. :?:
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

That's better.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Scott is a close friend. He was Arizona all of the way. Good to see him coming to Tucson.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

chiefzona wrote:

Your douchebaggery knows no bounds. It's unfuckingbelievable.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:Scott is a close friend.
No one cares.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

threenumberones wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Your douchebaggery knows no bounds. It's unfuckingbelievable.
Well, that's not very nice. I think you need a hug. Here's a hug and happy Thursday!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Quick Recap

Chief hates Chicat, Chicat hates Chief and 99% of the posters here do not like me. Ok good can we all move on

Oh, yeah we also have had more verbal commits in the past two weeks then ever I can remember. So much for waiting to take guys.

Like this Scott kid as looks to be a good athlete and has a good amount of offers. Coach Donte is paying dividends right away in SoCal

Love to see some more OL and DL commits but believe thats coming.

Who do you guys think is our next commit?
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Newportcat wrote:Quick Recap

Chief hates Chicat, Chicat hates Chief and 99% of the posters here do not like me. Ok good can we all move on

Oh, yeah we also have had more verbal commits in the past two weeks then ever I can remember. So much for waiting to take guys.

Like this Scott kid as looks to be a good athlete and has a good amount of offers. Coach Donte is paying dividends right away in SoCal

I don't hate anyone. It's a waste of time. Only love. RR loves June. I think the next commit could be either 2 Bells, Jackson, or my favorite....Blades. Donte is bringing the Arizona heat to Cali.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Newportcat wrote:Quick Recap

Maybe it speaks to the kids they are recruiting which are not the same in many aspects, probably both positively and negatively, as those recruited by Ohio State and Michigan and Clemson and Alabama and USC but aren't all schools doing camps and making offers this time of year? I don't think it is a negative necessarily these kids love arizona and commit early.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's only a negative if later on they receive offers from better schools and bolt and then we missed on guys we could have pulled later in the process and are struggling to get back in on them or trying to pick out the few stars in those that are left.

It's just such a long time until signing day, and we've been stung by decommitments in the past. I don't know how any Arizona fan wouldn't be worried that some of these guys will not end up as Cats.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

How there is no early signing period for football like there is for basketball will never make sense to me.

Scott Young is a great pickup, the defense is getting their savages. At this point we could fill these class in with nothing but two stars and it would on paper be better than last year.

My wish list in for the remained of this class is to add a good CB, a good DL, a couple big OL, and another good WR. Everything on top of that will be gravy. We are still in on a lot of really good players too meaning this class could get even better. If we could steal one of Holmes, Lewis, DJ Johnson, or Graham that would be huge.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gronk4heisman wrote:How there is no early signing period for football like there is for basketball will never make sense to me.
If there was, how could the Alabama's and USC's of the world sneak in when kids blow up their senior year?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Mauriece Bell has got next
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gronk4heisman wrote:How there is no early signing period for football like there is for basketball will never make sense to me.
The football power schools don't want it, because it doesn't benefit them.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Chicat wrote:
If there was, how could the Alabama's and USC's of the world sneak in when kids blow up their senior year?
Or how could they drop kids near signing day for these kids that blew up? It would just be unfair for the blue bloods.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:Mauriece Bell has got next

I'd say the same. The other Bell as well.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I just hope that staff doesn't run out of schollies at the end and have to offer a gray to play. They should save some room for the big fish.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
catinfl wrote:Mauriece Bell has got next

I'd say the same. The other Bell as well.
I'd wait until Rhedi Short announces (July 3rd) before I give the go to other Bell to commit.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

chiefzona wrote:I just hope that staff doesn't run out of schollies at the end and have to offer a gray to play. They should save some room for the big fish.
I have heard they are looking to sign around 30 this year, so there is still plenty of room.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep, going to be a big class. RR is a charmer in the living room and a ball buster on the practice field. To get his roster right I have no doubt he would "Romar" kids.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
I don't think we get this kid, but it's cool being on a list like that.
Sid

Post by Sid »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I agree, but I would greatly appreciate not having to look at that fucking spork!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Sid wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I agree, but I would greatly appreciate not having to look at that fucking spork!
Did that kid really release a Top 14 list...wow, way to narrow it down
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat wrote:It's only a negative if later on they receive offers from better schools and bolt and then we missed on guys we could have pulled later in the process and are struggling to get back in on them or trying to pick out the few stars in those that are left.

It's just such a long time until signing day, and we've been stung by decommitments in the past. I don't know how any Arizona fan wouldn't be worried that some of these guys will not end up as Cats.
Could not agree more Chicat...did I just really write that....

One issue I have had taking kids early is it seems we get players to commit in June who traditionally do not have many PAC 5 offers especially in the PAC 12. So they commit to us and we all talk about how good a judge of talent Rich Rod and his staff is. Sometimes those kids do not receive any additional offers and you get concerned that maybe they were really not that great. OR they do blow up and get better offers and they then leave for a better scholie at a better school.

Then Rich Rod comes out and says "We are going to wait this coming year on getting kids to commit"....and it never happens

Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of the players in this class and it is shaping up nicely but I honestly feel like we will sign 2/3 of them based on history. Maybe 3/4. Typically the ones that leave for other schools are the ones I wanted the most. I have not gotten excited about Tilford or Johnson yet for this very reason.

It is complete and utter BS that there is not a Fall signing day for football given that every single other NCAA sport has it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I just hope that staff doesn't run out of schollies at the end and have to offer a gray to play. They should save some room for the big fish.
I have heard they are looking to sign around 30 this year, so there is still plenty of room.

That's the rumor.