Breakout Season?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Breakout Season?

Post by Carcassdragger »

Who do you guys think will make a big impact this year?

I'm thinking this should be Davonte Neal's year. It's time for him to bring it.

Also hoping to see something big out of Cobb and Ware and possible one or both of our LB transfers.

Anu, Nate Phillips, and Trey Griffey on the offense. Also could be the year that Wilson gets some more national attention.

Man, after writing this, I'm wondering if we are getting overlooked. Can the season please start already?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Re: Breakout Season?

Post by Merkin »

Dawkins sure showed glimpses of greatness. Solomon is just too injury prone, and may be gun shy with his concussion issues to take off running. Just don't see Anu lasting long.

I think Shawn Poindexter is getting a lot of buzz. Hopefully the other CC player Josh Allen will show he can play at this level too.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I like what Flannigan-Fowles brings on the field and I think he could emerge as the hammer in the secondary. I also think Shun Brown is going to turn some heads this year.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Merkin wrote:Dawkins sure showed glimpses of greatness. Solomon is just too injury prone, and may be gun shy with his concussion issues to take off running. Just don't see Anu lasting long.

I think Shawn Poindexter is getting a lot of buzz. Hopefully the other CC player Josh Allen will show he can play at this level too.
At the very least it sounds like we have a maturing backup QB on the right track and we won't need to live in fear of the mysteries of a Jerrard Randall or other QB2 if Anu goes down (which I agree with you is likely).
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Been hearing a lot about Dane Cruikshank looking good at corner.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:Been hearing a lot about Dane Cruikshank looking good at corner.

Great Dane is poised for a great season. He's good enough to be a top 5 corner in the conference. The new system fits his capabilities very well.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I'm looking for Tyrell Johnson to finally put it together. Samajie was banged up last year and I think he will have a big year.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Tellas Jones.

Keep your focus on academics & football and this new scheme will open many wonderful opportunities.

Go get it Tellas!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

We need offensive skill position players healthy. We have the talent, but last year, too many people were banged up constantly.

Defensively, until we get a good idea of who fits where in the scheme, it's hard to tell.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

The only way for a Breakout season for RR and Arizona is for Defense to step up on every game.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Breakout Pac-12 players to watch in 2016

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/i ... ch-in-2016" target="_blank
Trey Griffey, WR, Arizona: Cayleb Jones, Johnny Jackson, and David Richards are all gone from Arizona's receiving corps, so this may be the year for Griffey -- son of the newly minted MLB Hall of Famer -- to emerge as a big-time contributor. At 6-foot-3, Griffey is one of the only Wildcat receivers featuring plus size, and he has already delivered some electric production in the past.