UW @ Arizona Discussion Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: UW @ Arizona Discussion Thread

Post by Chicat »

Well that wasn't very nice Newport. Especially since it's obvious to anyone with a brain that PurpleHaze is being funny. Thus rendering the probability his humor went over your head at a solid 100%.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:Well that wasn't very nice Newport. Especially since it's obvious to anyone with a brain that PurpleHaze is being funny. Thus rendering the probability his humor went over your head at a solid 100%.
It sounds like time for additional probabilities.

Chances Arizona wins, 10%.
Chances Jimi Hendrix is actually singing "excuse me while I kiss this guy," 15%.
Chances Sark shows up to the game hammered drunk and tries to start a Go Dawgs chant, 8%
Chances UW wins by 14 and Venoy Overton tells police he thought it was actually 18, 33%
Chances Chris Petersen's nickname for his reproductive organ is "The Space Needle," 0%
Chances Anu Solomon runs the ball and flips into the end zone to win the game, 1%
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Obviously, you always defer so you get better field position on a 3 and out.

Not that UA D has forced too many. How many all season, 2 or 3? They only had one before the Hawaii game.

UA up to 9th in the PAC-12 power rankings, UDub stays on top.

If I was a betting man I would take the Dawgs and the points.

Only change the UA has is if Petersen is looking at the Stanford game. At best, UA does a Grambling State and stays close for a half.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Thanks for saving me the time to go to the game. Really appreciate it. What to do with the 9 hours I had set aside for the game now? Read? Underwater basket weaving? Stare at college girls?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:Well that wasn't very nice Newport. Especially since it's obvious to anyone with a brain that PurpleHaze is being funny. Thus rendering the probability his humor went over your head at a solid 100%.
It sounds like time for additional probabilities.

Chances Arizona wins, 10%.
Chances Jimi Hendrix is actually singing "excuse me while I kiss this guy," 15%.
Chances Sark shows up to the game hammered drunk and tries to start a Go Dawgs chant, 8%
Chances UW wins by 14 and Venoy Overton tells police he thought it was actually 18, 33%
Chances Chris Petersen's nickname for his reproductive organ is "The Space Needle," 0%
Chances Anu Solomon runs the ball and flips into the end zone to win the game, 1%
These are good. Going to make some prop bets in Vegas using this info. BRB
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I read somewhere that one time in concert Jimi pretended to kiss some guy during that song.
PHXCATS wrote: Stare at college girls?
I work at a college campus and this year the shorts are even shorter than ever.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:I read somewhere that one time in concert Jimi pretended to kiss some guy during that song.
The waists are higher, though. I don't understand that particular fashion. So yeah, I'm definitely becoming an old person.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:I read somewhere that one time in concert Jimi pretended to kiss some guy during that song.
So that is at least a few hours covered. Need a little help with the remaining ones though.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
So that is at least a few hours covered. Need a little help with the remaining ones though.
Spank it
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The waists are higher, though. I don't understand that particular fashion. So yeah, I'm definitely becoming an old person.
Thanks for nothing Taylor Swift!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

in my day, the waists were supposed to be as low as possible (and the shorts as short as possible), but now the shorts stayed short but the waists go up as high as possible.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The girls are wearing these shorts that have a lace edge and are short, they look like pajama bottoms. I see plenty of cheek with the super short shorts, too.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Saw some daisy dukes the other day that the student was trying to pull down to cover her cheeks, and there was nothing to pull down.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

GODDAMN IT. I just saw that this is going to be another PAC 12 Network game. Shit! Another game that is very hard for me to catch. I'm sick and tired of this shit. Ever since this network was formed, it's been harder to see many of the season's games-not easier as was promised.

I wish the AD's would get off their asses and get a DirectTV deal done.

Regarding the girl's shorts, pics would help a lot and will help me pass the time while I'm NOT watching yet another game.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote:Saw some daisy dukes the other day that the student was trying to pull down to cover her cheeks, and there was nothing to pull down.
I've seen that too.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

wyo-cat wrote:The girls are wearing these shorts that have a lace edge and are short, they look like pajama bottoms. I see plenty of cheek with the super short shorts, too.
They do cover the belly button.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Well this thread took a pervy turn.

I know that standard logic says to defer but when your defense sucks as much as ours does, I would do anything to keep them off the field as long as possible. I would also hope that our offense scores and puts a little pressure on UDub's offense and gives our defense some confidence that we can score on these guys. Chances of a 3 and out against UDub on the first drive are slim to none. If UDub scores first, then the pressure on our offense to score goes way up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UALoco wrote:Well this thread took a pervy turn.

I know that standard logic says to defer but when your defense sucks as much as ours does, I would do anything to keep them off the field as long as possible. I would also hope that our offense scores and puts a little pressure on UDub's offense and gives our defense some confidence that we can score on these guys. Chances of a 3 and out against UDub on the first drive are slim to none. If UDub scores first, then the pressure on our offense to score goes way up.
I think being able to hold UDub to any 3 and outs is pretty slim. Only one total v. BYU and GSU. Recall one during the Hawaii game, was there more?

I would say the over and under on UDub 3 and outs is 1.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:
UALoco wrote:Well this thread took a pervy turn.

I think being able to hold UDub to any 3 and outs is pretty slim. Only one total v. BYU and GSU. Recall one during the Hawaii game, was there more?

I would say the over and under on UDub 3 and outs is 1.
It looks like we had one three and out, and one INT on a drive's first play.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This thread is worthless without pics.

I see old hags in scrubs all day. Help a brother out.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:This thread is worthless without pics.

I enjoy going to north campus and checking out the older students and medical chicks. Makes me feel less pervy.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:This thread is worthless without pics.

Here you go.

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

woah, everyone's horny

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Will be interesting to see if Anu actually dresses out.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Purplehaze206 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Purplehaze206 wrote:Did Dawkins play RB before the move to QB? Or different dude?

As for the game, based on my calculations I give Washington an 81% chance to win this game.
I would love to see the formula and objective data you are using to come up with 81%
I have a spreadsheet ( and all the screenshots I need). But at the end of the day, all we can do is let it play out and in the end I think we will find my 81% to be pretty dang accurate.
If UW wins, 50.1 percent would also be accurate.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:
I'll need to see a spreadsheet on this.
Right where I want to be.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

catinfl wrote:Will be interesting to see if Anu actually dresses out.
If Anu stands during the game, does he stand with the team?
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

I approve of the direction this thread took.

card4evermore wrote:
I'd feel better about our chances if Romar was coaching the Dawgs.
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

If Seven Win Sark was still our head coach, what kind of cat do you think he would bring to practice?

Do any of you coming up for the game have any questions? I know Seattle very well, all the hot spots and hidden gems. I don't want to brag.. but I'm kind of huge up here. Taking a boat to the stadium, I rented the best one. If you do get to town make sure you hit up the Ribs'n'Rickshaw special, absolutely can't go wrong.
card4evermore wrote:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Purplehaze206 wrote:If Seven Win Sark was still our head coach, what kind of cat do you think he would bring to practice?

Do any of you coming up for the game have any questions? I know Seattle very well, all the hot spots and hidden gems. I don't want to brag.. but I'm kind of huge up here. Taking a boat to the stadium, I rented the best one. If you do get to town make sure you hit up the Ribs'n'Rickshaw special, absolutely can't go wrong.
If you're planning on taking a boat to the stadium this Saturday, you're going to be in for a massive disappointment.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

azgreg wrote:
Thank you so much for posting this. This game represents the inception of my love for Arizona Football. I was a pledge and went with everyone from my fraternity and the sister sorority. We sold tickets as a fundraiser so everyone was there. It was the most perfect sunny day and homecoming. We stood the whole time and screamed our heads off. Every good play turned into a scrum/mosh pit and we rushed the field. It was magical. It was heaven.

I am going to watch this game from start to finish right now.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Purplehaze206 wrote:Do any of you coming up for the game have any questions?
I have a question, what kind of stuff you smoking? I want some.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Purplehaze206 wrote:If Seven Win Sark was still our head coach, what kind of cat do you think he would bring to practice?

Classic.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UALoco wrote:
Legal weed is the tits.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fun fact: The last 4 times the Fuskies visited Arizona Stadium they went home with their tails between their legs.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

UALoco wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Thank you so much for posting this. This game represents the inception of my love for Arizona Football. I was a pledge and went with everyone from my fraternity and the sister sorority. We sold tickets as a fundraiser so everyone was there. It was the most perfect sunny day and homecoming. We stood the whole time and screamed our heads off. Every good play turned into a scrum/mosh pit and we rushed the field. It was magical. It was heaven.

hah - same here! my love affair with Arizona Football was kindled freshman year when i scored a ticket to the udub game from one of my buddies (missed the window on season tix), had an amazing time pre-gaming & in the bleachers - what little i remember of it - and got to charge the field after the big win. good times. :D
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

We're usually good for a home upset a year, though generally later on in the season. Lately, the big conference games at the beginning of the season we've been getting boatraced, big time. That early UCLA game home game last year was brutal. Also featured prominent amounts of a gloved Jarrard Randall throwing passes. We have to get a good start.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

azgreg wrote:Fun fact: The last 4 times the Fuskies visited Arizona Stadium they went home with their tails between their legs.
Same can be said for the Cats going to Husky Stadium. 2007 was the last time the road team won in this series. (That was the game where Tui led the team to three late TDs to stun UW.)
Purplehaze206

Post by Purplehaze206 »

UALoco wrote:

Purple sticky funk.
card4evermore wrote:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MAD SON'S RAMBLINGS: WHAT TO WATCH FOR AGAINST ARIZONA

http://hardcorehusky.com/news/mad-sons- ... st-arizona" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

dirtbags wrote:
UALoco wrote:
azgreg wrote:

hah - same here! my love affair with Arizona Football was kindled freshman year when i scored a ticket to the udub game from one of my buddies (missed the window on season tix), had an amazing time pre-gaming & in the bleachers - what little i remember of it - and got to charge the field after the big win. good times. :D
Section 6, student section. We had moments before this, but this was the "holy crap, this is amazing" moment. We also had the 23-3 game over UCLA where UCLA kicked a FG to keep a "not shutout" streak alive, where the D was begging the coaches to let them back in, as well as the "win loss" against Miami....that 6 game run was amazing, the national attention intoxicating, and the UW game was the culmination.

Then we curled up in the fetal position
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Well....one thing a lot of our upsets had in the past (Iowa, OkieState, Oregon, etc) is that we had pretty much a full house. Looking at the seating map, we have a WHOLE LOT of tickets to sell. I know we typically sell about 30% of the tickets in walk-up traffic so hopefully we will have a full house. We definitely won't sell out and might have less people for this game than the Hawai'i game..just sad. I guess the general consensus is that we are gonna get a brains smashed in. :(
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Miller is the biggest lose in that group.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:Miller is the biggest loss in that group.
JJ Taylor only lists at 5'6" probably making him actually 5'4". If those 300 pound UDub DL hit him a few times he might not be getting up too quickly. Love JJ, but he can't be an every down back at that size. Can he even block a blitzing LB?

In that event, Nick Wilson would be the biggest loss.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

zellers and Miller out? Dang that really sucks.

Sounds like jones can play which is great.

I expect Dawkins to start.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Merkin wrote:
azgreg wrote:Miller is the biggest loss in that group.
JJ Taylor only lists at 5'6" probably making him actually 5'4". If those 300 pound UDub DL hit him a few times he might not be getting up too quickly. Love JJ, but he can't be an every down back at that size. Can he even block a blitzing LB?

In that event, Nick Wilson would be the biggest loss.
TEs all over the place.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

UALoco wrote:Well....one thing a lot of our upsets had in the past (Iowa, OkieState, Oregon, etc) is that we had pretty much a full house. Looking at the seating map, we have a WHOLE LOT of tickets to sell. I know we typically sell about 30% of the tickets in walk-up traffic so hopefully we will have a full house. We definitely won't sell out and might have less people for this game than the Hawai'i game..just sad. I guess the general consensus is that we are gonna get a brains smashed in. :(
Oklahoma State didn't have anywhere near a full house (attendance was 45,602.) The 2007 (50,387) and 2013 (45,777) Oregon upsets - same thing. Utah last year? 48,912.